Could Venom Share thief be effective buffer?

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Has anyone had success as a team-buff thief using venom sharing?

I realize most people as a thief want to be fast, crafty assassins.

But if venom share is bad, what exactly is weak about it?

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

The survival-ability as a thief is weak, if he is using multiple venoms.

Skelk Venom: Huge CD, low HPS, cast time.
Utility Venoms: No stun breaker.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

LoL

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Has anyone had success as a team-buff thief using venom sharing?

I realize most people as a thief want to be fast, crafty assassins.

It’s not weak, its quite powerful. It just that venom share is like Necro or Mesmer (lock down build), the group has to work together to make it effective. Why baby a venom share thief when you can have a thief that is self efficient?

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Hm, let’s think about it…
No.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I play Venomshare thief from time to time.

Its an okay build. You can’t do anything much other than find teammates and give them venoms. I drop one venom for shadow refuge for strong stealth support and escaping. Its easy to play. If you like easy builds, this is one of them. It is a poor self-sufficient build though.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Venom share thief for tourney? Starting at about 2:32:00

http://www.twitch.tv/gamewithstorm/c/6490370

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Venom share thief for tourney? Starting at about 2:32:00

Interesting!

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Venomshare is a good build if your group is organized. You can actually stay alive pretty easily by just staying in stealth instead of over extending since you don’t have the ports to run away.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

My experience with venom share is the team has a strong opening fight, because the theif can easily share his venoms with the whole team at the start. After that, when the whole team is spread out over the map, the theif has a tough time helping as many allies. So it loses power unless the whole team regroups.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

My experience with venom share is the team has a strong opening fight, because the theif can easily share his venoms with the whole team at the start. After that, when the whole team is spread out over the map, the theif has a tough time helping as many allies. So it loses power unless the whole team regroups.

So how do you explain this?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Iris Ng.9845

It’s all about rotation and assisting your DPS teammates, then snowballing from one team fight to another. It’s not a build for 1v1 by any means. If the venom share thief cannot help finish the target, it most likely results to his death anyways.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Besides the fact that thief venoms have no damage except some torment they face other issues as well. Namely the fact that if the target survives the initial burst they can’t pressure further and can’t defend themselves either. Also in this current meta any condi they might land gets instantly cleansed.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

People just blatantly ignored the link, which was also a higher tier tournament, and now you dare say in this current meta???

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

People just blatantly ignored the link, which was also a higher tier tournament, and now you dare say in this current meta???

Lets be real AG is a tournament where 90% of real teams and top tier players are banned. There were like 2 players in that game that can maybe even be considered B tier. You could probably run spirit weapon guardian and win with the right team.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Iris Ng.9845

That fight happened before Sassy, Garm and Marvin were banned though. I’m sure they are not the B-tier players you are talking about. Nonetheless, I K is the only effective venom share thief as top tier level.

in PvP

Iris Ng.9845

Besides the fact that thief venoms have no damage except some torment they face other issues as well. Namely the fact that if the target survives the initial burst they can’t pressure further and can’t defend themselves either. Also in this current meta any condi they might land gets instantly cleansed.

You play its strength wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I wouldn’t consider it a “higher” tier tournament. It is basically just showing, that you can cripple yourself and still be successful.

Anyway, the thief there was not, what most people consider a venom share thief since he just used ‘Devourer Venom’ and ‘Basilisk Venom’ and switched from the standard meta build four points from Trickery to Shadow Arts.

So he is basically trading boon steal+daze+reduced steal CD for the shared immobilize venom…. if you ask any top thief, this is a really bad trade.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Iris Ng.9845

I wouldn’t consider it a “higher” tier tournament. It is basically just showing, that you can cripple yourself and still be successful.

Anyway, the thief there was not, what most people consider a venom share thief since he just used ‘Devourer Venom’ and ‘Basilisk Venom’ and switched from the standard meta build four points from Trickery to Shadow Arts.

So he is basically trading boon steal+daze+reduced steal CD for the shared immobilize venom…. if you ask any top thief, this is a really bad trade.

May I ask who are the top tier thieves that you mention?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

that thief when focused is a free loot bag so to say
why bring condi thief when necro/engi does that job better and lives longer

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Iris Ng.9845

Except that she’s not Condi. She’s a zerker thief, even won 1v1 against the mighty Vallun :’<

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

that thief was running full SA, besides nobody ever focused him in the match from what i saw so i think those recordings are pretty bad representation weither or not venom share is good in pvp

also who’s vallun?

All is Vain~

in PvP

Iris Ng.9845

Yea, because focusing on the thief when the power necro and deep guard were free roaming is the right priority.

If you don’t know who Vallun/Veillantif is, I don’t even… It’s either you’re not in NA or never have a chance to play against/with him. But I hope you know I K, do you?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Yea, because focusing on the thief when the power necro and deep guard were free roaming is the right priority.

If you don’t know who Vallun/Veillantif is, I don’t even… It’s either you’re not in NA or never have a chance to play against/with him. But I hope you know I K, do you?

it doesn’t matter who was roaming, point is in this match nobody focused thief so you can’t tell how it would perform under actual pressure

yes, i didn’t play on NA for few months, i just came back there… i know IK

All is Vain~

in PvP

Iris Ng.9845

Well then, I K is the expert venom share thief.