Could we establish some better etiquite?

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Like most players currently in PvP matches, I’m just trying to clear a few PvP dailies, so that I don’t have to do the more annoying PvE options from the limited set available. I don’t want to be in PvP any more than any of you do, but we’re all in this together until Anet fixes the daily system, right? So I thought it would be better for everyone if we could work out a system of etiquette so that we could all get along in the meantime.

Daily PvP Capture: If someone gets to a capture point first, let them have it. There are other points on the map, no point fighting over them. Ideally each team would move en mass to the nearest point and cap it right off the bat, but some maps put both sides nearest a central point to start which leads to unnecessary conflict.

Daily PvP Defender: If someone is standing on a capture point, that means he wants to defend it. Engage in combat for a few seconds, but then leave. Come back later once he’s moved off of it.

I think if we can hold to these fairly simple concepts then we can all get our dailies and get back to playing the game as quickly as possible.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Lotus.1682

Lotus.1682

Or you could actually take the time to play PvP and get the dailies without even trying in one game. I very much dislike people like you. PvP is a game mode where people should take pride in testing their skills against other players. If you want to do this kind of BS, do it in your own custom arena. Do not expect anyone to follow your idea of “etiquette”.

Twistedlotus <Thief> xD
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

There are “Daily” servers where you should be able to get the dailies done without a fuss, Ohoni, if that’s what you’re after.

To Lotus: At the same time, I wouldn’t get too upset if people pull off these kinds of shenanigans in Hotjoin (which I assume Ohoni is). Hotjoin is basically for practice, dailies and for players to muck around, as evidenced by the fact that people can join and leave at any time without consequences. (This is especially the case if the server is a private/guild server. They paid their gold/tokens for it, so they can do whatever they like in there as long as it doesn’t involve hacks or exploits.) If you absolutely want a proper Conquest PvP match, play in Unranked/Ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

So, you say you hate annoying PvE daily options and yet you want to zerg a point with 5 people, run away if a point is being contested (even in1v1), and basically encourage people to change PvP into PvD (player vs daily) ??? So that you may spare a few minutes because you are too lazy or incompetent to get them?
Its bad already as it is with such catering for casual mindless spam&zerg mentality and conquest mode, but how can you suggest to remove the actual fighting in PvP is beyond me.
Please go back to jomag farming and pve options and stop making such ridiculous suggestions.
If troll, ill give you 9/10, nearly made me punch my monitor

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

You could always use the “Practice” option where most people don’t care how bad you are.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

I’m not really sure all the options available. I just click the middle one on the top, enter a match or something. I think the custom ones take some sort of currency that I don’t have. Again though, I have no interest in causing any trouble, the whole point of these suggestions is to minimize trouble, but so long as ANet requires 3 dailies for completion, and only offers 4 PvE ones, and many of those are overly specific and in many cases well out of the way, PvP is currently the fastest option for picking up the spare so we can get back to Silverwastes. As soon as they fix that we can all stop doing sPvP again, but until then it’s all about making it take as little time and hassle as possible. Just because they give you the ability to attack other players doesn’t mean you have to abuse it.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

I’m not really sure all the options available. I just click the middle one on the top, enter a match or something. I think the custom ones take some sort of currency that I don’t have. Again though, I have no interest in causing any trouble, the whole point of these suggestions is to minimize trouble, but so long as ANet requires 3 dailies for completion, and only offers 4 PvE ones, and many of those are overly specific and in many cases well out of the way, PvP is currently the fastest option for picking up the spare so we can get back to Silverwastes. As soon as they fix that we can all stop doing sPvP again, but until then it’s all about making it take as little time and hassle as possible. Just because they give you the ability to attack other players doesn’t mean you have to abuse it.

“Oh let me finish my daily, please don’t fight me while 4-5 people try to take a home node”. With mentality like that, that is why sPvP is horrible experience for most people trying to have fun. The sPvP/WvW dailies is actually designed that you get the achievement done by just playing. It is not suppose to be a thing you “aim” for when stepping into a match. I have to agree the PvE daily is poorly thought out, but it doesn’t mean you’re forced to hop into a PvP match with the intention of not PvPing.

in PvP

Posted by: MountainPanda.5831

MountainPanda.5831

So this clearly shows why we always group up with pvers in unranked match sometimes causing blow out matches.. pvp is to fight like a team. As much as standing on point is important, such mindset shld not exist. You made it sound like only one person can stand on a point at any one time. What if 3 enemies rush your point? Theres a practice mode button beside the middle button. Press that.

(edited by MountainPanda.5831)

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

OP does join Ranked arena and expect enemy team to let him get a freebie kill or Capture point?

Well, I lol’d a bit.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

“Oh let me finish my daily, please don’t fight me while 4-5 people try to take a home node”. With mentality like that, that is why sPvP is horrible experience for most people trying to have fun. The sPvP/WvW dailies is actually designed that you get the achievement done by just playing. It is not suppose to be a thing you “aim” for when stepping into a match. I have to agree the PvE daily is poorly thought out, but it doesn’t mean you’re forced to hop into a PvP match with the intention of not PvPing.

It kinda does. I mean, there are the WvW ones too, but with the way WvW is set up those are often even more annoying to do. Like if you zone into EotM and the zerg is on the other side of the map, it would take like five minutes or more of boring jogging just to get over there, and hope that they pass through some of the daily objectives. Sometimes the available objectives aren’t even in EotM.

So really, until they get the PvE options worked out, PvP is the only option. As soon as they fix it, we’ll be gone again. I already miss my cool rabbit emote when I type “/rank,” I got a deer now, which isn’t nearly as cool.

You made it sound like only one person can stand on a point at any one time. What if 3 enemies rush your point?

Oh, plenty of players on your team can be on the node, I don’t think that hurts anything, I’m just saying that if you’re on the other team, and you see someone standing on a node, let them tag you and then move away. If you keep fighting and eventually kill them then it just wastes their time and they don’t get any daily clear credit for it. Be considerate of others.

Likewise, if you see an opposing player trying to cap a node, don’t get onto it as well, that just slows down the capping process for everyone.

done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Likewise, if you see an opposing player trying to cap a node, don’t get onto it as well, that just slows down the capping process for everyone.

In summary, let your opponent freely win the match. Lets not forget that one of the PvP daily is you have to win on a certain class, that won’t happen when you don’t contest captures. All for the sake of some achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’m sorry that we are inconveniencing you into maybe actually participating in the game mode. Perhaps we should give you a button to press that gives you a sign over your head that says ‘doing daily’ that makes you able to one shot people to complete that daily, instantly cap a point and score a defend if you touch another player anywhere on the map?

As for running to the zerg in eotm, if that 2 -3 minutes getting across the map is just too much for you, just log back out to Silverwastes for your tag an event/chest run and try again in ten minutes when the zerg might be closer…

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in PvP

Tao.5096

@Ohoni, sorry to put it that way, but you’re one hell of a carebear.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Crush enemies, see them driven before you, hear lamentation of their women. Thats our etiquete in PvP… and only etiquete in PvP.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Posted by: MountainPanda.5831

MountainPanda.5831

So you are saying not to contest a point in pvp and let ur opponent freecap…can you go do other dailies instead? Theres gathering, vista, lumbering…etc.. you are cancer to pvp

in PvP

Ohoni.6057

In summary, let your opponent freely win the match. Lets not forget that one of the PvP daily is you have to win on a certain class, that won’t happen when you don’t contest captures. All for the sake of some achievement points.

Well, you don’t have to let the opposing side capture all the nodes, but one or two would be fine. If you win, then that’s great, but keep in mind that if you get the “Win as a Guardian” achievement, then any guardians on the opposing team would not get it. Be considerate of their feelings as well. Whoever wins, wins, whatever. And if you aren’t one of the classes with the achievement then what do you care anyways?

I’m sorry that we are inconveniencing you into maybe actually participating in the game mode. Perhaps we should give you a button to press that gives you a sign over your head that says ‘doing daily’ that makes you able to one shot people to complete that daily, instantly cap a point and score a defend if you touch another player anywhere on the map?

Sure, whatever gets us in and out of PvP the fastest, right? I mean, the whole point is to get back to playing the game as soon as possible.

@Ohoni, sorry to put it that way, but you’re one hell of a carebear.

Yes, and this my tummy symbol: http://i.imgur.com/iuBzEQO.jpg

So you are saying not to contest a point in pvp and let ur opponent freecap…can you go do other dailies instead? Theres gathering, vista, lumbering…etc.. you are cancer to pvp

Usually the convenient ones are not enough to clear the set. Like sometimes there are one or more Fractal dailies, or one is for a world boss that doesn’t spawn during a period I’m available, or they involve doing a bunch of events in a zone that’s hard to find events in, they are all very specific and often a massive hassle in a way that the old achievements never did. I sometimes can do three, usually at least two, but there’s still 1-2 left that still need to be completed in PvP until they fix it. As soon as they do, of course, I’m gone.

done by now.”

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Well, you don’t have to let the opposing side capture all the nodes, but one or two would be fine. If you win, then that’s great, but keep in mind that if you get the “Win as a Guardian” achievement, then any guardians on the opposing team would not get it. Be considerate of their feelings as well. Whoever wins, wins, whatever. And if you aren’t one of the classes with the achievement then what do you care anyways?

Dude, we really don’t care about dailies of our enemies. Like… really.

in PvP

Posted by: anabasis.7346

anabasis.7346

This same op also said that raids should not have good rewards, I wouldn’t expect any well-thought-out post from him.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

This same op also said that raids should not have good rewards, I wouldn’t expect any well-thought-out post from him.

Offtopic: Actualy I believe solo content should give the best reward, because people can’t be carried there.

in PvP

Tao.5096

Daily System

• To receive Daily rewards like Laurels and Mystic Coins, you have to log-in to game and allocate reward every day.
  • Daily Missions are optional which upon successful completion of each task, you’re rewarded.
  • After completing 3 Daily Missions, you’re additionally rewarded with 10 Achievement Points.

Daily PvP

• Players who are not interested or have hard time upon successful contribution and completion of Daily PvP Tasks, can done them in any Custom Arena.

Daily PvE

• Certain activity such as Event completion or gathering of certain node type. Slaying World Bosses.

Daily WvW

• Each task can be completed in WvW or in EotM(except camps and veteran mobs).

Summary

Daily Activities are much more rewarding than before and are very easy to complete.
Someone who cares only about laurels, has only to log-in and claim reward.

You’re complaining about people and their etiquette.
You have Rank Farm Custom Arenas with setup rules – if someone does break them, report them to owner. Simple as that, can do every single Daily PvP Task in those Custom Rank Farm Arenas.
Which means, your point is invalid.
Ranked Arenas aren’t for “- I need capture point or kill for daily pls” mentality.
There are other PvP Arena modes which allow everyone to participate and complete every single task from Daily PvP.

Complaining about WvW dailies……
Either stick to Commander in EB or Borderlands or go EotM and join karma farm.
EotM provide Keeps, Towers, Lands and blob clashes for kill task.
I can do it with my lvl 13 Necro, so anyone else can do it too.

And finally calling PvE tasks broken.
What the heck is broken there? Events? Gathering? Vista viewing?
Or maybe zerg World Boss kill which drop a chest in max 5 min after spawn(except Tequatl and Claw).

Simply, you have everything given on plate to you, where you don’t even have to think much and yet it’s still a no go.

According to your Eotm example, you simply whine because you have to spend 5 minutes there or somewhere else.

Anet proved, that making kitten more casual than before will bring “not casual enough” people.

:|

in PvP

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

This is the funniest thing I’ve read on the forums in a long time. I love how matter-of-factly he states the initial points. ‘Come on now, lads. Let’s not fight.’

However, you’ll find that most players who share your view of PvP aren’t there for the dailies, we’re farming reward tracks, and actually want to win. It’s very, very simple to complete the dailies while pursuing our true objective so there is no incentive to waffle around and not play the match properly.

As advised earlier, you can do as you like in practice mode. You can even match-hop until you find one that is to your liking.

in PvP

Posted by: Meri.7512

Meri.7512

What we all are trying to tell you:

Just press ANOTHER Button. Where you wanna be is the “left” one aka Hotjoin aka PRACTICE. U will get your dailies there.

ARENA means competitive plays. It means: i actually wanna play PLAYER versus PLAYER and not running around like a headless chicken.

You care for a etiquette. Well, you dont respect the etiquette of all pvp-gamers.

I even took a screenshot for you. By just clicking this button instead of another one, everyone else will be happy, including you.

I even made a graphic for you.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Hey guys its okay to disagree with what he says, but I’m not sure if bullying is the way to go about it.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Hey guys its okay to disagree with what he says, but I’m not sure if bullying is the way to go about it.

Telling him truth has nothing with bullying.

in PvP

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

There are other points on the map, no point fighting over them.

Fighting over them is literally the point of sPvP

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Sweetheart. Look at the convenient and easy to understand graphic Meri posted above. Learn from it. Follow it.
If you can’t do that, here’s an extract from the Rules of Conduct:

“While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.”

Which is what you’ve suggested in multiple places and most likely are actively doing, to the detriment of others. There’s some irony in asking others to be mindful of you, while you plainly disregard their interests.
If it is too much to ask of you to take your shenanigans to hot join, hopefully some nice dev hands you the ban you fully deserve

May I also suggest spellcheck? I don’t know what an “etiquite” is, but going by how you describe it… Ergh, no thanks.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Also:
There are custom ‘farm’ servers.

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Like most players currently in PvP matches, I’m just trying to clear a few PvP dailies, so that I don’t have to do the more annoying PvE options from the limited set available. I don’t want to be in PvP any more than any of you do, but we’re all in this together until Anet fixes the daily system, right? So I thought it would be better for everyone if we could work out a system of etiquette so that we could all get along in the meantime.

Daily PvP Capture: If someone gets to a capture point first, let them have it. There are other points on the map, no point fighting over them. Ideally each team would move en mass to the nearest point and cap it right off the bat, but some maps put both sides nearest a central point to start which leads to unnecessary conflict.

Daily PvP Defender: If someone is standing on a capture point, that means he wants to defend it. Engage in combat for a few seconds, but then leave. Come back later once he’s moved off of it.

I think if we can hold to these fairly simple concepts then we can all get our dailies and get back to playing the game as quickly as possible.

I just came to drop this by. I wanted to make sure you didn’t forget to bring your award with you, when you left PvP.

Sincerely, The community

Attachments:

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

After reading the OP – and the OP’s subsequent posts, it sounds like a simple case of laziness and just wants Anet to throw achievement points at him/her daily….. To my knowledge you’re meant to work to get your dailies or at lease complete them while playing the game (yes there are some that are just weird and make you go out of your way to complete them for PVE – like vistas which you have already got from 100% Mc -

but if you go to PVP and complain there’s no Etiquette…. i’m lost for words. You throwing ranked/unranked matches (match fixing tut tut) for people who are actually trying to play and learn (and get their daily by playing the game like normal people) is rather BM tbh.

FYI – the worlds a pretty -insert bad word- place, nothing gets spoon fed to you.

Lol this is just stupid – its called player vs player for a reason – you’re MEANT to fight. If the mode was called “carebears loving dailies” or something, by all means do whatever you want. This is like going to a football/soccer (w/e you call it) match and asking them not to score because you placed a bet for the match to be 0:0 …. just man the -insert bad word- up and do it properly.

Only comment I would say about the PVP dailies is – I believe that the ones which ask you to play a certain class is just, poor foresight, luckily for me I have all 8 classes and play them to a reasonable standard but for achievement farmers they might not have a certain class and I can see this being a problem.

TLDR : OP is just dumb, Work for your -Insert bad word-

Baldur [SL]