Courtyard

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

Why is this tossed in with all the other maps? All night this map is getting 1 or 2 votes and selected. It’s ridiculous. It’s terrible. It’s such a waste of time. Even when I win I’m just waiting for the trash to end the entire time, because it’s not competitive.

It should not be tossed in with conquest just because there’s only one of it. If people want to play the terrible map they should be welcome too, but it’s infuriating to get it tossed in with regular considering how imbalanced it’s left the classes. It would be tons of fun if it were 2v2 or 3v3, but it’s not. Half the time my game connection freezes up just because there’s 20 turrets and 100 condis.

There is no reason for this to be tossed in with all the conquest maps. It shouldn’t be 5v5. I don’t understand why it took so long to get a map without circles to sit on, and really don’t understand why it can’t get a separate button, or have variable group sizes.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

If anything, courtyard is a truer test of pvp skills than all of the other maps. While the conquest maps offer a lot of strategy through node and objective control, success on courtyard relies heavily on pure pvp tactics and knowledge. It’s a full-on phalanx vs phalanx, where the most competent PvPers win – not the best back-cappers, split-pushers, PvE mob farmers.

(edited by zone.1073)

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

If anything, courtyard is a truer test of pvp skills than all of the other maps. While the conquest maps offer a lot of strategy through node and objective control, success on courtyard relies heavily on pure pvp tactics and knowledge. It’s a full-on phalanx vs phalanx, where the most competent PvPers win – not the best back-cappers, split-pushers, PvE mob farmers.

That’s an opinion. Some would argue that back-capping and proper rotations qualify as pvp skill, as it takes a tremendous amount of experience to do properly, while grabbing a hambow or a shoutbow warrior to carry your team in Courtyard is achievable even by the newest player. That would also be a valid opinion. I never understood why pvp couldn’t be a tiny tiny bit intellectual according to some.

But yeah, play ranked if you don’t want Courtyard. Chances are your matchmaking will be better as well.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Lol hambow in courtyard?

Some people obviously can’t adapt to the death match game mode.

Personally I love it.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Lol hambow in courtyard?

Some people obviously can’t adapt to the death match game mode.

Personally I love it.

You can play hambow. You just have to play shouts instead of stances, like you would in WvW. An alternative is to play hammer and sword/warhorn.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

5v5 heavily relies on the right comp, you can’t use the same conquest comps and expect to win. I don’t have a problem with it because all I do in WvW is small group roaming with 5 people and also 5v5 scrims, so I know what works and what doesn’t.

That being said it probably should have it’s own playlist, since a majority of players are built for conquest. Also not having build templates is troublesome too.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: William C.6195

William C.6195

The issue is not the map/game mode itself, it’s that it is in the conquest map rotation. As someone said above me, it’s all about team comp and build.

You simply wouldn’t use the same comps or builds in a 5v5 death-match as you would in conquest. Thief, for example, is nearly useless in courtyard. So if you set up with mobility etc in mind and you get courtyard, you’re gonna lose.

Oh and it’s just a zerg fest. So fun. If I wanted to zerg I’d go WvW.

NA/EU: Auldon/Auldone
[feat]

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

The problem of Courtyard is just the fact it heavily depends on your comp. If you queue alone, chances are you’ll get a comp that’s not favoured on this map. Lately I’ve been getting team comps like mesmer, two thieves, me on fresh air and something. You do have nice amount of dps but you hardly can ress or stomp if you dont blow your cooldowns.

It might test pvp skill but it’s only individual skill. In conquest you can still carry even when one of your teammates is not experienced but on Courtyard there’s basically nothing you can do about your teammate running into opposite team and dying over and over even if you ask him not to.

I don’t know why but each time I was getting unranked, there was Courtyard in the pool and many times it actually got picked with only one of two votes.

But yeah do ranked if you don’t want to play this map.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

I would strongly prefer to play deathmatch, but absolutely not in a 5v5 environment. My problem with it is that it’s just too dependent on the team comp, like what laraley said. If you’re soloing you don’t have control over that aspect which works out better in conquest since you’re naturally more spread out. In arena having the right mix of players seems to matter more than anything else, and having one player who runs off by himself can be a death sentence for the entire team. It’s just not enjoyable to be so dependent on random people.

I used to only play ranked but since the latest matchmaking changes I’ve been consistently tossed against a premade 5 high rank group. I hate that experience every single time. It’s not remotely worth playing when 4 out of five of my matches are going to be 10 minutes of waiting for it to end with a dozen outnumbered 10 second fights in between. I can find a game when i have fun for more than 10 minutes out of every hour.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

This is pretty wrong though. This map only promotes ganking, and all you need is more dps and more “oh kitten” escape skills and more group rallies. There’s no depth or strategy in this map.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Wrong.

I entered with a pre-made. When courtyard popped we all swapped to shadow arts p/d condition thieves with ricochet. We decided to troll the crap out of the opposing team (their entire team chose courtyard). We spent the first 14 minutes just running around, shadowstepping, stealthing with all our stealth skills and shadow refuge. The last minute we all focused one target and got a kill. One. Single. Kill. We won. Such skill.

Melder – Thief

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Wrong.

I entered with a pre-made. When courtyard popped we all swapped to shadow arts p/d condition thieves with ricochet. We decided to troll the crap out of the opposing team (their entire team chose courtyard). We spent the first 14 minutes just running around, shadowstepping, stealthing with all our stealth skills and shadow refuge. The last minute we all focused one target and got a kill. One. Single. Kill. We won. Such skill.

Yeah, right. I think you forgot that the timer of Courtyard is 8 minutes, not 15.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You griefing people and intentionally ruining the game doesn’t mean it’s a bad map. I quite like it, but then I’m a big fan of roaming in WvW and run in to these small scale death matches all the time.

Courtyard

in PvP

Geiir.7603

Wrong.

Yeah, right. I think you forgot that the timer of Courtyard is 8 minutes, not 15.

Which further proves my point. I don’t know kitten about that map, other than how to survive and kill other players. There’s literally no tactics, the team that get the first kill usually wins because of snowballing.

Melder – Thief

Courtyard

in PvP

Geiir.7603

You griefing people and intentionally ruining the game doesn’t mean it’s a bad map. I quite like it, but then I’m a big fan of roaming in WvW and run in to these small scale death matches all the time.

Griefing? How? I am simply using tactics to enrage the other team, hence have them play bad so that we could get an easy kill

Melder – Thief