Courtyard

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Hi!

Anet you seriously made a mistake adding courtyard to tpvp. If i wanted to play wvw i would go to wvw. Courtyard is all about zerging and endless killing. Theres no teamwork to it whatssoever just “let the team with most aoe classes win”. You have broken pvp with that map. That pvp map should be seperated from normal tourny, it doesnt have a place in tournament whatssoever. You can ask yourself why you dont use that map when its the monthly tournament, theres a reason for it. So dont implement that broken map in normal tournament either. Im THIS close to just stop pvp alltogether because i dont want to play wvw when i enter pvp!

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

I enjoy it, it’s not perfectly balanced but if you see it as just aoe and zerging your’re doing it wrong.

• Stronghold however, should definitely be in its own que.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Im THIS close to just stop pvp alltogether because i dont want to play wvw when i enter pvp!

Gosh, RNG must be unkind to you if you’re getting it everytime in unranked. Too bad for you, the majority likes the map. Including myself.
You could always get better and play Ranked arena instead. Of course with your luck, Courtyard will still appear on the list. Darn.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Every map has fans and haters. I’ve seen topics where people argue just as strongly against Forest, albeit for different reasons. In a perfect world we could queue up for specific maps but there simply aren’t enough PvPers for that to work.

Deathmatch is loads of fun when you get the hang of it. Targeting makes a world of difference here.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

This map is easily fixable, just make it so no one can res until an entire team is wiped out, then reset and start another “round” with a 10s delay until the match starts again.

It’s horribly designed atm since you can just res zerg over and over.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Im THIS close to just stop pvp alltogether because i dont want to play wvw when i enter pvp!

Gosh, RNG must be unkind to you if you’re getting it everytime in unranked. Too bad for you, the majority likes the map. Including myself.
You could always get better and play Ranked arena instead. Of course with your luck, Courtyard will still appear on the list. Darn.

Dude i ranked up to r80 in ranked. Its amusing to read these comments when they dont know anything Courtyard is just tons of spam instead of using brain, hence i dont like it.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Hi!

Anet you seriously made a mistake adding courtyard to tpvp. If i wanted to play wvw i would go to wvw. Courtyard is all about zerging and endless killing. Theres no teamwork to it whatssoever just “let the team with most aoe classes win”. You have broken pvp with that map. That pvp map should be seperated from normal tourny, it doesnt have a place in tournament whatssoever. You can ask yourself why you dont use that map when its the monthly tournament, theres a reason for it. So dont implement that broken map in normal tournament either. Im THIS close to just stop pvp alltogether because i dont want to play wvw when i enter pvp!

What!!? How about personal and team skills? Zerging make sense when you overwhelm the other side with superior numbers but do I need to remind you both teams have 5 players? It’s not like when your WvW server is constantly operating under the “outnumbered” buff you know. If you loose it’s because you and your team were outplayed and/or facing particularly efficient counter builds to yours. It happens.

Still, courtyard is my favorite map by FAR. Hands off!

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

While courtyard is not as braindead as you make it out to be, there’s still a huge difference in skill required. Things like rotations, 1v1’s, small skirmishes, etc. are a huge part of PvP in this game, but are meaningless in courtyard. Personal skill level isn’t nearly as important in this map as it is in conquest maps as a result. There is an argument to be made for teamplay in courtyard, but overall I feel the professions/builds on each team are more important than active teamplay (other than basic targetting, obviously). This is anecdotal evidence at best, but in my experience the team with the most banners/bunker guards wins in nearly every instance.

That said I do think courtyard has a place in PvP, just not in the same queue as conquest. A lot of good conquest builds are terrible in courtyard because there are no small skirmishes and mobility is near useless. I could see it being a fun mode with a meta of it’s own, but that’s not going to happen while it remains in the same queue as conquest. The vast majority of players who queue up for unranked do so to play conquest, and forcing them to play courtyard isn’t the right solution in my opinion.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

I don’t like the map. I’ve never seen it come up as a majority vote. I’d rather eat a dishonorable debuff than play it.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I would love that map.. If there was a DM queue, where we can go with 5 man group, with the correct builds/setup, not in a conquest one, which is totally different..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

I enjoy it, it’s not perfectly balanced but if you see it as just aoe and zerging your’re doing it wrong.

• Stronghold however, should definitely be in its own que.

This. I couldn’t believe it when I heard it’d be lumped into conquest when literally EVERYONE who plays pvp will be wanting to try it. And some of us don’t care to dabble in custom games.

Also I’ve only see courtyard come up about twice and it’s never been picked. I really want to play the map but it never gets rolled :/

(edited by Mal.1670)

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Also I’ve only see courtyard come up about twice and it’s never been picked. I really want to play the map but it never gets rolled :/

Kinda funny; in my experience, in 8 out of 10 cases where the map is on the list, at least 5-7 players will vote for it. I think I’ve once had three games on courtyard in a row.

On the other hand, a map like Battle of Khylo is very rarely chosen, which kinda makes me sad. Spiritwatch is even more rare, though. I actually get to play Skyhammer way more often than Khylo, lol.