Courtyard

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Magusaero.5740

Magusaero.5740

Please use the map voting system to vote Courtyard completely out of the game. It is the most infuriating map I’ve ever experienced in any game. It’s grossly skewed toward specific classes and builds and doesn’t fit even somewhat closely with the other formats. Every time I’ve played it, it’s reduced to spawn camping. There is no strategy or tug-of-war, it is always somewhere near 0 – 475. Please remove it.

Magusaero – sPvP – All Classes

Member of [SALT] on Fort Aspenwood US

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Starlightmagus.8654

Starlightmagus.8654

Really? Most of my experience with it comes down to pretty close games. It’s only occasionally that it’s completely one-sided, and even then rarely reduced to spawn camping.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Darkpsyde.4782

Darkpsyde.4782

Most matches (from my experience) end up being “who has the most range/AoE capability?”, which is why I often swap to my engineer on courtyard for grenades obviously, or my guardian for bunking/team support if that role is already filled. Even then I will sometimes just stay on the engineer and just spam nades in tandem. It’s shameful how effective that mindless spamming is on that map. The only time I ever actually vote for that map is when it comes up with spirit watch and skyhammer (both of which I actually hate more than courtyard). I still believe that the map voting system should be changed to require a map to receive at least 3 votes to be considered in the roll. If a map receives 8/10 votes, there is no reason why the teams should even be forced to play on one of the two maps that possibly received only one vote.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

I love this map when more often than not.
people who run in solo and rally kills or don’t pull back and re rally if starting to wipe… ruin it.

saying its comp/mindless/spam etc can be used to describe conquest just as well.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

I have not played the courtyard much as the courtyard never showed up in ranked.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Personally, I (and many others I know) find the map very enjoyable.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Same! It’s a lot of fun, you just can’t go in with a build that is courtyard centric. I hope stronghold is the same way.

As far as it favoring range – that’s just not true. I had a team that didn’t work well together and we were absolutely thrashed by a full melee group. Because they focused targets, they rezzed their downed, they worked as a group. It almost always works the same way, the map rewards the better team.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Don’t delete the map, I would say make it a separate que.

This IS the map for casuals if ANET wanted to save the game by attracting casuals.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Do like I do: keep a Hammer/GS warrior with Soldier Amulet stored somewhere, and make him play only on Courtyard. I started doing this when Courtyard was first added, and I’ve only lost something like 3 or 4 matches on this map yet.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I love this map. It’s a breath of fresh air from being forced to play Foefire over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I really dislike Foefire, but the fact it seems to be a community favorite means I am forced to play it back to back almost constantly. Why is it so wrong I get to play a map I enjoy once in a while when I get lucky on the role? Especially when the map is only available in Unranked.

Frankly I’ve been considering leaving ranked PVP entirely because all the maps I find interesting aren’t “competitive”.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

I think this map is great, personally.

That’s why we get to vote on the map played, to satiate the different tastes of different players.

Now, while I don’t dislike maps such as Foefire, I’m definitely tired of playing it. Often times when there’s Courtyard available as well as Foefire, the latter gets picked and I’m left kind of cringing a bit. It goes both ways.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Same! It’s a lot of fun, you just can’t go in with a build that is courtyard centric. I hope stronghold is the same way.

As far as it favoring range – that’s just not true. I had a team that didn’t work well together and we were absolutely thrashed by a full melee group. Because they focused targets, they rezzed their downed, they worked as a group. It almost always works the same way, the map rewards the better team.

I agree. I hope courtyard brings a lot more different builds to the field. People would have to swap between builds, but if Anet makes a similar system to gw1, where you could swap between builds quickly, it would be a non-issue.

I agree. I had many teams that just stood back and tried to range and we just lost. It’s basically the same as a 5v5 GvG, except it’s people you may not know. There’s certain team compositions / builds that work really well in there.
Bunker guard ftw <3

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Courtyard, welcome to real PvP. If you think that is bad, come into WvW.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Don’t delete the map, I would say make it a separate que.

This IS the map for casuals if ANET wanted to save the game by attracting casuals.

Really? I tough it was conquest was for casuals since TDM is not in ranked where to those who care about LB farm it with turrets…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I love courtyard – I always vote for it if it comes up in rotation.

Some of my favourite, closest and most fun matches have been on courtyard.

I haven’t seen a flawless victory on there by one side or the other for quite some time – the last half a dozen matches I’ve played on there have all been fairly tight. The most recent one was a lot of fun – the lead kept flip flopping, at one point down by 3 kills but we finally grabbed a few decisive stomps towards the end to secure a win.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I love this map when more often than not.
people who run in solo and rally kills or don’t pull back and re rally if starting to wipe… ruin it.

saying its comp/mindless/spam etc can be used to describe conquest just as well.

This.

It’s can be frustrating if you have one or two teammates who have difficulty surviving, and they decide to push all the way to the enemy spawn instead of knowing when to play safe…

The saying that your team is only as strong as your weakest link is even more applicable on courtyard.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

playing the map with wvw guildies rocks. tanky group support builds and glassy range builds work really well together.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria