Courtyard

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Make it 2v2 or 3v3 and have it all respawn at the same time otherwise this map is just a random zergefst not even enjoyable.
Even better, make it 100 points or something, I know you can do it with custom arena, but you have to pay for it and any attempt for that kind of arena is empty duh, pretty useless.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: bacon.9461

bacon.9461

It’s about the right size for a 2v2, maybe a 3v3. But its boring as a 5v5

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Courtyard actually needs to be best 2/3 rounds.
A round does not end until a full team wipes.
When a team wipes, the match resets and goes to the next round.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I like the idea. But it would change the game completly.

because you kill one means you won more or less the round.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: aelfric.8536

aelfric.8536

So you mean like RA from GW1? I think that worked out pretty well.
Would love to see RA come back.

Sorry for not that good english. I’m swiss.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

You do not what to do that, because of that last sentence. If losing 1 man means you lost the round it promotes stratagies where the team just focuses the crap out of the squishiest player on the opposing team.
That fact alone eliminates like 4/5ths of the builds out there from viability. You can get away with such arena mechanics in trinity games where there are dedicated heals and dedicated tanks, but here? Nope.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Courtyard

in PvP

hharry.1967

The map needs to be changed in any way, but the two things I proposed, reducing players to 2 or 3 and the max points size to something like 100 or 200, would make the map WAY more fun, and it is something that is currently available so it means no new changes in the code or gameplay at all… it should really take ANet like 0 effort, really.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: bacon.9461

bacon.9461

The other solution would be when entering as a team or solo you can rank the three maps you like the most and mark 1 as never play. Would probably keep everyone more happy.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Smaller the group, the more imbalanced the PvP gets. Same issue why we have no 1v1. Cant balance on 1v1 or other forms of small scale PvP.

Prefer 5 vs 5 or 8 vs 8

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Make it 2v2 or 3v3 and have it all respawn at the same time otherwise this map is just a random zergefst not even enjoyable.
Even better, make it 100 points or something, I know you can do it with custom arena, but you have to pay for it and any attempt for that kind of arena is empty duh, pretty useless.

Yes

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Make the map bigger

Make respawns (not force all at once but) in pods, FPS do this often in DM type games, where you can respawn in groups every 20sec for instance

Shorten points to 300 or so (its pretty much decided by 250) bc people really hate being farmed

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Smaller the group, the more imbalanced the PvP gets. Same issue why we have no 1v1. Cant balance on 1v1 or other forms of small scale PvP.

Prefer 5 vs 5 or 8 vs 8

They can’t seem to balance for 5v5’s either so I don’t see your point.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Prefer 5 vs 5 or 8 vs 8

The problem is that 5v5 on a small map is just too cluttered. It favors setups that can faceroll out AoE, because (unlike the 1v1 to 3v3 skirmishes in conquest) you can’t be watching animations for 5 opponents simultaneously, nor can you successfully avoid 5 sets of AoEs if the opposing team has a comp like that. Then, if you aren’t on an organized team, your teammates will trickle back into the fight singularly or in pairs just to be bursted down by 4-5 players at once, because they don’t listen when you tell them to regroup. It’s really frustrating. I know that the latter is partially a problem with matchmaking (5-person premade vs. solo queue party is usually lopsided), but at least in conquest you’d have the possibility of getting a cap and a kill or two. In courtyard, there is literally nothing that a single player, no matter how skilled, can do in such a scenario.

Edit: Also, it’s worth mentioning that some professions have no builds that are even mediocre for TDM, while any of them have at least something that can help their team in conquest. Courtyard really should be a separate queue, similar to stronghold.

(edited by Unholy Pillager.3791)

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

I don’t think this will ever work, because it does not involve a score value of 500.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Courtyard

in PvP

hharry.1967

Prefer 5 vs 5 or 8 vs 8

We already have every map for 5v5…

This map is perfect for lower scale pvp! Who cares if it is not 100% balanced, as it currently is, it is 0% balanced and just a zerg fest, at least it may be fun.

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

It’s a team fight map. If you’re poor at team fights of course you won’t enjoy the map, but team fights are a large part of PvP, so even if you’re not in courtyard there will be numerous occasions where you will be in a 5v5.

Dusty Dawg

Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

What courtyard needs is a separate filter.

It’s Team Deathmatch with “Kill count” rules. It is NOT Conquest. It should NOT go with the Conquest queue, it should have a separate filter.

We have three game modes: Conquest, Team Deathmatch and Stronghold. And so each should have its own filter.

If Team Deathmatch can’t have its own filter, it should be removed from the Conquest map pool anyways until it can have it.

Also, there should be more rules for Team Dathmatch maps. Like the “Annhiilation” and “Annihilation with priest” rules seen in GW1. Courtyard already has nice spots to put the priests.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Courtyard

in PvP

hharry.1967

I agree, team deathmatch needs a new filter, and more maps/modes, plus the already mentioned improvements to courtyard