Curb shadowstepping through obstacles.

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

As i recall difference between shadowstep and a teleport is that one is moving fast to destination, but actually moving, so obstacles matter, while other is just plain dissapear and appear.

With that in mind I expect obstacles, especially player created ones like line of warding, spectral walls, etc cc zones to block shadostepping from going through them. Obviously that’s not the case. Now remind me – if i run faster against a wall do I;

a) pass through it
b) make myself a piece of modern art all over the wall and surroundings?

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Already works how you describe. The only two teleports are Portal and Spectral Walk.
Everything else is affected by player created obstacles. The game Judy’s assumes that if we have instant run speed we’re smart enough to run around an object rather than into it. You can see the affect of player made obstacles with Ring of Warding (Hammer Guardian) and Ring of Fire (Off-Hand Dagger Ele) as you can’t Shadowstep out of these without the negative affect.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Shadowstep isn’t “running really fast” it’s stepping through the mists.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

Already works how you describe. The only two teleports are Portal and Spectral Walk.
Everything else is affected by player created obstacles. The game Judy’s assumes that if we have instant run speed we’re smart enough to run around an object rather than into it. You can see the affect of player made obstacles with Ring of Warding (Hammer Guardian) and Ring of Fire (Off-Hand Dagger Ele) as you can’t Shadowstep out of these without the negative affect.

Pretty much this.
Also OP, notice that using the thief’s skill 5 in shortbow (which is a classic shadowstep) to “jump” on top of the side-thingies around mid point in kyhlo is available only near places that are connected to the ground somewhere. If it’s totally seperated from the ground you’ll just get “no valid path to target”.

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Thief is already in the gutter. Lay off please,

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Shadowstep isn’t “running really fast” it’s stepping through the mists.

It’s how it works in the engine though. Almost all teleports simply make you go from Point A to Point B really fast. Thus things like getting knocked down after teleporting through guardian hammer ring happens or happened, don’t know if that has been patched out or not. There’s like 3 or so skills in the game that actually takes you directly from your current X and Y elevation to another X and Y elevation.