Current Meta

Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

Hey guys I’ve been away from the game for the last 5 months or so (ya know school and grades being important or whatever), but i used to be pretty involved in highish level TPVP. I wanted to slowly jump back into the game.

Anyone have a link to the most recent tournaments streamed so i can get a peak at what the meta looks like now and how people are playing?

Or if you just want to tell me some meta builds going around that would be fine as well.

Thanks for any help!

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: malorios.5789

malorios.5789

Welcome back!
Metabattle.com is a good place for builds. The official gw2 twitch channel is a good place for the ESL weeklys. Jebro or Blu for other tournaments. Usually goes something like 2-3 celestials and 2-3 zerkers... But it seems to be in a stir right now after WTS...

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

There you go big guy! I think you will enjoy the new meta. Basically, most teams play good 1v1 builds with huge mobility, and even out the fights. People still complain, naturally, but it takes a bit more brain than other metas we’ve had.

Current Meta

in PvP

pantsforbirds.9032

Ah i forgot all about meta battle! Nice call bros.

Tactics wise we looking at 3 team splits still? That was my favorite thing about the cele meta when i left

Current Meta

in PvP

pantsforbirds.9032

And the production quality on the streams is on point! Anet seems to be stepping it up!

Current Meta

in PvP

Sorel.4870

And the production quality on the streams is on point! Anet seems to be stepping it up!

They kind of do. They added a nice traveling effect to the spectator mode, and now it looks like you’re flying over the battlefield when watching the streams!

Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: malorios.5789

malorios.5789

In fact, the ESL monthlies are today... EU is at 7pm cet, in about an hour an a half from now. The NA is later tonight.

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

Current Meta

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Noticed the default builds given to new characters are actually meta builds now.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Current Meta

in PvP

Sorel.4870

Noticed the default builds given to new characters are actually meta builds now.

More or less. A lot have the celestial amulet, but I think that’s more of a “jack of all trades” thing. But I did notice that some meta traits for every profession were incorporated, like IP on engineer.