Current Meta?

Current Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: tankfun.1986

tankfun.1986

Hello! A pretty unexperienced PvP player here, looking to see what the current meta is in pvp. I am going to buy heart of thorns, with a max level booster and use it on a character purely for fighting in WvW and PvP.

Thanks!

Current Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Meta builds are currently the same as per the end of Season 3 (can be found on meta battle). However before season 4 starts there will be a balance patch, and as such the meta may change.

Unranked has no meta. You can run anything you like if you’re actually good at the game. You’ll be able to roflstomp each and every goddaweful player you come up against, whether they’re running a metabuild or not.

Side Note:
Ele is always a safe pick. Ele is always some form of needed/necessary/wanted/OP.

Also, PvP doesn’t require leveling. So don’t worry about the booster.

Current Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

The current meta is test of faith guardians, bunker guardians or whatever those noobs are called. It insanely broke, then again this is Anet.

Anet, it’s time to nerf guardians, they are insanely broken .

Current Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

The current meta is test of faith guardians, bunker guardians or whatever those noobs are called. It insanely broke, then again this is Anet.

Come on now, first everyone was complaining about bunker ele and bunker engie NOW you all are gonna start complaining about bunker guard too JUST as I learn to do it properly……Give me a break! No more nerfs please -_-

Current Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: tankfun.1986

tankfun.1986

Well… I have two questions for you guys, first off, should I make a revenant? And if so what weapons should I use? And also, what do you guys think will happen in season 4? If Guardians are being nerfed, then who will be buffed?

Current Meta?

in PvP

Ellie.5913

If I was you I’d make every profession in the game , that’s what I always do. Then play them all and see which ones you like best, and decorate them all in nice armor and outfits & weapons and stuff. And check metabattles for build ideas. http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki That web site is where most people get their builds. And wait for patch notes to see who gets nerfed or buffed or whatever. Also pvp on metabattle is called conquest. Goodluck.

Current Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Revenant>Ranger>Elementalist>Engineer>Thief>Warrior>Necromancer>Mesmer>Guardian.

Revenant is currently quite OP and Anet shows no interest in nerfing/rebalancing it. Expect a buff in the next path.

Ranger (elite: Druid) is quite broken in pvp, as it have limitless sustain and deals damage equal to damage dealing builds. However, it is quite possible that they will get a slight nerf.

Elementalist (tempest) have same problem as druid: sustain+damage. However, expect a slight nerf, as many people are complaining about tempest’s power.

Engineer (scrapper) is maybe the most OP bruiser right now as no range classes can do anything to it. However, seeing that they were constantly nerfed with every path implies that they will probably get a nerf in the next path.

Thief – faceroll through keyboard and deal +18k damage in less than 2 sec. Or dodge all day and kill everyone around. Only serious problem is AOE and lack of condition cleanse.

Warrior (berserker) this season was quite good, because of broken mace primal burst. Expect a nerf on it.

Necromancer (reaper) pretty much trash tier. It only shines when facing enemies who can’t dodge anything, walk into marks and don’t cleanse conditions. And as always, if necro have 0 life force when fight starts, then he is dead.

Mesmer (chronomancer) as someone said to me, they are pure skill class. Extremely skilled/sneaky power mesmers can one-shot you, while less skilled mesmers drops like flies. However, what mesmers can do, other classes can do better (except portal).

Guardian – true trash tier. Nearly no damage, nearly no CC, weak sustain. It is only good when playing against newbies who don’t know what dodge is. And even then some classes can tank trap damage and still kill guardian. Would never recommend to play it in pvp, as they are getting nerf after nerf.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Current Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Ele is always a safe pick. Ele is always some form of needed/necessary/wanted/OP.

So true…as long as you ignore the short time between June 2013 and March 2014, when elementalist was so unusable that most players would ask you to change classes or crap-talk you for even playing the class. There hasn’t even been a class that has been less represented than ele during that time.

If they attack ele’s survivability too much, it will happen again. The whole class is precariously held together by a few OP defensive traits, which are just stacked ontop of each other as much as possible to wring any bit of survivability for a class that is severely starved for defense through weapon skills and abilities on its own.

Current Meta?

in PvP

Ellie.5913

I find elementalist extremely squishy, I wouldn’t recommend that if you aren’t super pro at it already or if you don’t have an organized premade team to back you up. But yea you should just try all professions and see which ones you like best, everyone’s gonna have a different opinion/preference on it.

Current Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Pretty much you pick the class you love to play and master that.

I mained Mesmer at launch. I can run a solid Mesmer anytime day or night.

But I love playing Rifle war. So I’ve mastered power GS/Rifle war (cant play other sets well though I have an ever growing awarness of the overall class).

I also love plying P/P Thief, which anyone will tell you is the worst weapon setup for a thief. Still, it has some tricks and gimicks that’re great to play. Venomshare anyone? : D

Play whatever, get good, rock n roll.

Current Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

WTF are you smoking and can i have some?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "