Current meta post Condi Reaper RIP?

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

What is the current meta classes/builds now that Condi Reaper is RIP?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

2mes 2rev 1healbot …or a druid swap

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

I’m just going to say see you at season 3.
(Reaper lives strong in this one)

Okay seriously, reaper will not be “meta”, if you mean pro teams and their team comp, but it isn’t as bad as players are talking about. It’s just more teamfight class than before patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

beliv in the futur of necor
power nec top meta 2016
4 sure

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

It’s just more teamfight class than before patch.

You mean: clinging to others like a parasite to survive ?

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

It’s just more teamfight class than before patch.

You mean: clinging to others like a parasite to survive ?

Just like before. I’m not going to details but reaper is really strong 2v2 or in teamfights, if your build is right.

There are counters to reaper (like before patch) and they are not pointkeepers nor decappers (mobility sucks) but I think I will see pretty good reapers on season 3.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

its like gw1, necro has been off and on in the meta team builds but mostly irrelevant.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: kolotoc.6857

kolotoc.6857

I was off for a while (i wasnt here, when GW2 become free and HoT came out) so Im little confused.. Are you talkin here about classic core GW2, or with HoT ?

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Im pretty sure most if not all teams were running a reaper in the AG midseason invitational still this past weekend i havent watched all of it yet tho so not 100% sure

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Don’t know if they will be meta but they are better then I thought they were still after the big nerfs after giving it a chance and playing with it a bit. Probably still as good as anything but Mesmer, Ele, and Rev.

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Necros are dead, if you get one in your team – you will probably lose.

Now, if we talk about meta, then main thing remained the same – sustain and heavy burst.

Power Heralds, any Daredevils, sustain Tempest, sustain Engineer, sustain Druid are gods. Second after them are Chronomancers and maybe Berserkers, if you have good healers in your team.

Guardians (my main QQ) and necros are no longer meta and reduce change for you to win, greatly.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Necros are dead, if you get one in your team – you will probably lose.

Now, if we talk about meta, then main thing remained the same – sustain and heavy burst.

Power Heralds, any Daredevils, sustain Tempest, sustain Engineer, sustain Druid are gods. Second after them are Chronomancers and maybe Berserkers, if you have good healers in your team.

Guardians (my main QQ) and necros are no longer meta and reduce change for you to win, greatly.

Chronomancers is on top of the meta and necro is still the only guy providing corruption against boon spam so you can do something in team fight with competent mates.

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

“Can i haz your boonz?”
-Thief

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Reaper isn’t dead, just appears that way because people are intent on low risk high reward builds that generally rely on passives to carry them.

Mutaatti appears to be a player who played Necro before and after the bandwagon, he’s giving hints at other builds that pugs like us could use… My guess is something like this when he mentioned “team fight” build but I could be wrong, there are still a few viable builds left to choose from.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

They did nothing to make minion viable in PvP.

They did nothing to make corruption viable in PvP.

They did nothing to help with mobility in PvP and cut stability in RS by almost half. (This was just as big a nerf as the gutting of chill damage/duration).

A power build brings no boon corruption nor any other team utility worth taking over other professions.

Assuming equal skill, what advantages would there be to bringing a Necro over other professions? Maybe 1 build in niche scenarios against certain comps makes sense…that’s it.