Current state of reaper in SPvP

in PvP

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

All other game modes I’m fine with reaper, but in the one where you have to stand in a little red circle…

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

The same red circle that your marks can almost completely cover? Must be rough.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

If a necro is on point he is a free kill because he can’t kite.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I find that if a necro utilizes chill, or grasping hand, or spectral walk, they can kite a bit…maybe not as much as most classes but they can still kite a bit.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

I find that if a necro utilizes chill, or grasping hand, or spectral walk, they can kite a bit…maybe not as much as most classes but they can still kite a bit.

But when you’re on a point you can’t kite.
You can’t kite when confined to a point because you are working in a confined zone. Hence a necro on point is a free kill.

YouTube

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

You can’t kite when confined to a point because you are working in a confined zone. Hence a necro on point is a free kill.

Same can be said about most classes. NEcros dont need to kite with the chills/pulls/fear/CttB will slow down/stop his opponent for them to receive some pain. Its about being a smart necro/reaper.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Same can be said about most classes. NEcros dont need to kite with the chills/pulls/fear/CttB will slow down/stop his opponent for them to receive some pain. Its about being a smart necro/reaper.

Except necro will lose pretty much every flatground matchup except support builds.

Necros have to kite, if the necro doesn’t kite the necro is dead. and you can’t kite while holding a tiny circle. Brawling with a necro is suicide.

YouTube

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Same can be said about most classes. Necros dont need to kite with the chills/pulls/fear/CttB will slow down/stop his opponent for them to receive some pain. Its about being a smart necro/reaper.

Except necro will lose pretty much every flatground matchup except support builds.

Necros have to kite, if the necro doesn’t kite the necro is dead. and you can’t kite while holding a tiny circle. Brawling with a necro is suicide.

Support and condi. A Reaper doesnt need to kite to win a fight (on point of not). There are several reaper players out there that I have seen who can prove this (im not good with names however as idc about remembering good class players of any class).

Like teefs, necros werent meant to really fight on point. Teef is meant to decap and +1 fights where necros/reapers excel in teamfights…however there are those that can fight on point for both reapers and teefs.

I agree that reapers need some more mobility (and this coming from a teef main), however to go as far as what you are saying is something we’re going to have to agree to disagree as I have seen otherwise.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

no, reaper does not point brawl. If a necro is winning a point brawl it’s a sure sign of his opponents being bad.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

You can stand in that circle if you’re getting peels or support (pocket Ele).

If you’re solo queuing as Condi Necro, I salute you. Anyone half-decent will be finding every opportunity to train you down. The most I can do for the team in that scenario is to kite 2 people for as long as I can off point until someone comes to help me (“why won’t anyone… help me?”) because I know I’m not that good to take 1v1’s. Hopefully the team is capitalising on all of 20 seconds I’m buying for them. When your team is actually doing the right stuff and you can snowball hard off it, it’s the best feeling.

If not, then you probably just got owned by a Thief, a Warrior or Power Block Mes (because I’m scrub) and is staring at respawn count.

Power Boonstrip is so-so now and to maintain the burst I’ve been trying to use Close to Death and Berserkers Amulet. Although I can now proc people to death just as before, I doubt this has the survivability we need.

Now I’m trying to use Shouts.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You can still kite on point as necro, you don’t have to facetank everything lol

As said already most likely…. CHILL, spectral walk, Flesh Wurm, Fear, cripple, Immobilise, Shroud 2, 3 and 5, Marks that involve chill and fear, boon corruption on stability and so.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

when i see necro solo q with me i know when there are good if they w8 for the team to run to the point and they stand far away from it useing staff to gain LF

if they come with me to the point i know they gonna die

its like thief – you dont see them running to the point at the start of the game unless its empty

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

So don’t go on the point then. Simply don’t go into a fight alone. Necros are not an independent professions right now. They can’t effectively go into a 1v1 expecting to win like a mesmer or ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

kite?!
you are the reaper!
they should be the one running from you!

i play my reaper aggressively,
never had an issue with running away because i never run away.

in PvP

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

kite?!
you are the reaper!
they should be the one running from you!

i play my reaper aggressively,
never had an issue with running away because i never run away.

I “run away” to lure someone to chase me where i gank them 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: JustDemons.4358

JustDemons.4358

anyone else here who feels power reaper got nerfed harder then maybe other classes with removing the “bursty” sigils? after the last patch all my sigils are gone.. especially hydromancy not beeing available anymore hurts. so far i feel i have less impact in my games then before (just did 20 games or so since patch).

overall i like the idea to remove proc runes cuz it has nothing to do with skill to push a button and release an “extra” dmg skill. still tho as of the state right now im feeling weaker.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Necromancers can’t do 1v1. If you have to do a 1v1 to protect a point is better flee and leave the point to the enemy, helping and ally on anothe rpoint, than die and grant to the enemy team 5 points.
If the enemy want to kill you, you can’t do anything to prevent that, unless you are against a class with low movement skills, no breakstun and no stability (basicly no one).
Cripple and chill don’t grant you safety from classes that have at last two movement skills (or a good one), fear is good only if the enemy don’t have breakstun, stability or resistance (basiclty no one), skills like spectral wall grant you a fear wall but if the enemy have resistance or stability is totally useless or if the enemy have a teleport (mesmer, thief, guardian, revenant for example), or can burst you with ranged weapons (ranger LB for example). the worm is good if you can know exactly when the enemy team will be when you need to flee because you can’t move it. And every good thief will kill it in the exact moment they see it, removing your only defensive skill and dooming you to death)

If you play a necromancer the best thing you can do is play in team. If your team is losing run away to Close (if you’re in mid) or to the nearest ally (or the respown if all the team is dead) and do it faster as you can. if you stay and fight you die in maybe 4-5 seconds and only grant 5 points to the enemy.

Necromancers don’t have defensive skills that grant them to hold a pint and don’t have enough dps to compensate the lack of defences, becoming the easiest class to kill in 1v1. More or less every class can kill a necromancer, then don’t waste your time in a fight you can’t win and run away to safety.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

@Silv: best teamfighter sounds grand, but Necro really has a fugitive playstyle than I’m still trying to get used to.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

As a WvW Reaper main, I would say that PvP is a lot less forgiving for Reapers than WvW…fighting on point is a huge plus for Reapers.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Ele can’t do crap alone, thief can’t do crap alone so does necro. Necro is team fighter, your team is supposed to support you. Free casting necro is scariest thing in pvp atm imo. Also, i would like to point out that in some match-ups necro actually has an upper hand, e.g. vs engis.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

main error of a necro is to go on point too soon …. I main ele and always tell necro to stay behind me and start fighting at range … If he charges on point first it´s often lost ….
Good necros know this … and then we rip oponents appart.

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The same red circle that your marks can almost completely cover? Must be rough.

Necros use staves in PvP? Lawl!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

I find that with the Axe buff the meta Power Boonstrip it’s even “more meta”
-we lose our sigil but other classes lose their too (more sustain gained)
-infusing terror buff to prevent interrupt spam while whirling plus damage reduction
-nice on swap sigil, wich can help you to strip boons with unblockable marks
-chilling nova damage nerf to cut similar effect of the old sigils
-chilling victory nerf to decrease our tankyness
-ghastly claw buff (we lose damage from sigils and we gain damage from our weapon)
-unhly feast buff (with chilling nova makes you deal a good AoE damage)

Pre patch i was running a joke build:
Berserker amulet, Sholar runes and Reaper’s Onslaught, with GS/Staff, other traits and sigils like the meta build, and was able to “oneshot” by placing marks, pulling the foe into the mine field and popping shroud, gaining 97% crit chance and insane ferocity.
Too much proc damage, it’s good that on crit sigils were removed and chilling nova nerfed.

Marauder it’s the best amulet we can get as power reaper, making us more tanky (better 1vs1). For the burst with marauder’s stat I suggest to make use of staff fear to make the shroud’s burst and on shroud’s CC to land our axe burst.

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Reaper is one of the weakest spvp classes at the moment. Especially the power builds people keep trying to trot those out because condi is so lack luster but trust me if your name is not Nos don’t parrot his power builds because you aren’t as good as he is. It’s him not that build. Stay away from Reaper and be happy. In solo queue Reaper is a free kill if people know how to use the call function without teammmates to coordiante peels with there is no excuse to not just down the enemy Reaper over and over again.

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Reaper is a really bad pvp class. This wont be fixed. More people will leave this game for its imbalance and clear class favoritism from the devs. Sad really.