Currently in a 75 minute queue

in PvP

Posted by: Unholey.3264

Unholey.3264

(Tier 5 Legend, 3 pips from prestige 2)

Please fix your system, Anet. That, and allow us to queue outside of HotM. We’ve only been asking for it since it went away…

in PvP

Posted by: Raek.8504

Raek.8504

How they can fix a system ? I mean they said that legendary que takes into account every legendary prestige.

in PvP

Posted by: Unholey.3264

Unholey.3264

Queue finally popped at 84 minutes.

This shouldn’t be acceptable.

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

That is a bit ridiculous,but since not many players are up there yet, I wouldn’t expect anything else. I kind of blame the winstreak being set at only +1, instead of incrementing a bit more for further wins. (Like, on your 5th win you get +2 until your 7th or something where you’ll get +3, until you lose again.)

Yes it’s great, you got to legendary woohoo and everything else, but you’re pretty much alone up there… great, long queue times. I get it is prestigious, but surely playing PvP trumps that, rather than waiting to play. Kind of why I want to stay in mid Diamond xD

“It doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun” – Maybe this quote should apply to PvP Legendary Division League aswell? Idk, a thought for the developers methinks.

Kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

I am in legend close to prestige 2 and today i didn t had more then 5-10 minutes que.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

This is the natural result of the system many of you “legendary” players asked for. It was easy to anticipate. If you insist on being ultra “competitive” this will be one of the downsides.

There’s really no way to have it both ways.

So, legendary players make alt accounts and stomp there way back through the ranks, intensifying the problem.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: KreatE.7612

KreatE.7612

Please fix your system, Anet. That, and allow us to queue outside of HotM. We’ve only been asking for it since it went away…

tier in legendary is irrelevant to matchmaking, its just based on if youre in legend at all. Problem is everyone quits or goes to unranked after they hit legend.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I find anet has had multiple problems with this for a few reasons.

1- Rewards
Its part 2 of season 1 and many of the PvP players are done with the legendary back pc. For many who play the game for PvP, what is left to do? Grind threw legendary? I got to legendary 2 last season and didnt see any reason to try and get to 3 as someone who mostly solo ques.

2- Division set up
Its a joke how bad part 1 and this season MM was. Before high level players were stuck in emerald when bad players got to ruby. This season high level players flew to legendary with in 2 weeks. These are equally bad forcing terrible matches and im sure anet has no way to even it out in the current pip-division system.

3- The Meta
We go from bunker meta to burst meta. This is terrible balance which bring sup another issue. Build diversity, before the HOT expansion most classes had 2-3 builds they could run. Shoutbow- hammer/gs warrior, bunker guardian-medi guardian-burn guardian, MM necro-bunker necro-signet necro, trap ranger-bunker ranger-pew pew ranger.

Not all of them were meta but you could run them in a team comp with different levels of players in ranked que. Right now there is a clear better build. That would decrease the player population. When a player is losing using a meta build to another player using the exact same build. They cant run another build to counter or change the role they are in.

All of these things are giving people huge que times. I doubt anything will change in the future because anet would be forced to rethink all the specs and traits.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

When a player is losing using a meta build to another player using the exact same build. They cant run another build to counter or change the role they are in.

They shouldn’t be able to swap once the game starts.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

When a player is losing using a meta build to another player using the exact same build. They cant run another build to counter or change the role they are in.

Let me explain,

So pre HOT there use to be some builds that are meant for dps with some defensive skills. DPS warrior was like this. So someone goes to meta battle and tries to use it. Guess what they run into someone who is great with this build and is better at setting up the burest attack, dodging the burst and is better vs all the other classes witht he build since they know how to use it in each situation.

Now the person who went to meta battle is thinking huh im a good warrior but not as good as the better warriors in the game. They can now go to a safe shout bow build. They get to stay with a familiar class but change there role with in a team and can still be successful.

This also allowed for different team comps, ive been on teams that played the quote um quote meta team build but we simply couldnt use it as well as other teams. We changed it to what we liked to run and they still work well together. We werent beating the elite ESL teams but everyone else we were beating.

Thats all im trying to say, the team comp set up just isnt very good. Eu actually tries to throw out different team comps where as NA you will the exact same team comp from basically all ESL teams and its because its thought to be the most effective. And when EU has the exact same team comp and NA it means there is a serious lack of build diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

This is the fixed system……….. that people are leaving hence the queues.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Let me explain,

So pre HOT there use to be some builds that are meant for dps with some defensive skills. DPS warrior was like this. So someone goes to meta battle and tries to use it. Guess what they run into someone who is great with this build and is better at setting up the burest attack, dodging the burst and is better vs all the other classes witht he build since they know how to use it in each situation.

Now the person who went to meta battle is thinking huh im a good warrior but not as good as the better warriors in the game. They can now go to a safe shout bow build. They get to stay with a familiar class but change there role with in a team and can still be successful.

The problem is when they do this mid game. Oh I can’t win vs my opponent in a mirror matchup? Better swap to another build so I have a better chance of winning. This is exactly what we want to avoid.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

u have long Q because you rush to legendary, thats why u dont have a lot of players in your division. also being in legendary gives no incentive to continue playing. thats why other legendary, like me went back and play other game modes. and u can see some doing the same. i wanted to do my daily in ranked, but waiting 6mins my average Q time for a daily is a waste of time so i just hop into any daily server.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I keep trying to queue for stronghold and after 4 minutes stop queuing because the algorithm is widening its search, meaning I’ll have even lower odds of winning than a faster queue.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Queue finally popped at 84 minutes.

This shouldn’t be acceptable.

“pro” players don’t want scrubs in legendary. Enjoy your tiny division of players. Also most people stop once they hit legendary, there is no point in playing unless you care about the leaderboard.

Currently at this point we probably.only have a few people playing to move up. The rest are doing the achievements, this is the only explanation as to why the match quality is so bad.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|