Custom Arena Admins in the near future?

in PvP

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Are there any plans to give the option of allowing us to make other people admins on our Custom Arenas?

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Indeed! Admins for custom arenas is something we plan on supporting.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Can I ask when? Or better put, can I say that when you add this I will buy one? Because at the moment having one requires my presence but I work and cannot possibly admin the CA during that time. I want to have it open to my guildies but we stretch from NA to EU.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Can I ask when? Or better put, can I say that when you add this I will buy one? Because at the moment having one requires my presence but I work and cannot possibly admin the CA during that time. I want to have it open to my guildies but we stretch from NA to EU.

Plan on supporting is code for on their to do list but havent started yet.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

This is something i would like to see… It is frustrating to have randoms come through a guild server and just start 5v1’ing someone that was dueling a buddy to test a build out….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

This is something i would like to see… It is frustrating to have randoms come through a guild server and just start 5v1’ing someone that was dueling a buddy to test a build out….

Password protect?

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Password protect?

We like to keep it open for fun duels for everyone but there are still them kittenes that wanna roll through for no reason but to troll. Not sure what being an admin would entail but it would be nice to be able to kick people from a custom server if they are doing nothing but what should be done in a hot join server (i’m talking about servers that have no progression no rotation and no real “start” to the game)

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Password protect?

We like to keep it open for fun duels for everyone but there are still them kittenes that wanna roll through for no reason but to troll. Not sure what being an admin would entail but it would be nice to be able to kick people from a custom server if they are doing nothing but what should be done in a hot join server (i’m talking about servers that have no progression no rotation and no real “start” to the game)

They really do need more commands. As owner of my server I can end a game that starts and kick people during games.

Cant start a match
Cant progress to next match without the match starting
Cant force an autobalance based on current scores

in PvP

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Thank you for the reply. I do hope it is put on the top of your files because Custom Arenas does have a lot of potential to open up events for guilds.

Parisalchuk, we password protected but our guild members tend to join to do dailies with other guild members. Something about being able to beat up guild officers gives them enjoyment. Also we can sort of balance it ourselves. The command to switch certain people. However we need to be in the arena. It would help if we could promote people to be admins.

Eagerly waiting for this.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in PvP

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

I just wanted to know if is this still something that is on the plans or not?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I just wanted to know if is this still something that is on the plans or not?

I’ll go ahead and give you the answer Anet probably would:

Nothing is off the table. It may be coming SOON. We’ll tell you about it when we are ready to tell you about it.

Pick your noncommittal reply of choice.