Custom arenas should not give any rewards

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

If you want rewards and don’t want serious competition do unranked. Unranked should also give lesser rewards.

If you want real competition and full rewards do ranked.

This is how it should be. Make it happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

If unranked gets less rewards than ranked, all the people there just to farm tomes/trans or whatever will go ranked…

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

If unranked gets less rewards than ranked, all the people there just to farm tomes/trans or whatever will go ranked…

That’s fine. They’ll be at the lower end of the leagues so the good players won’t have to deal with them.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

That’s fine. They’ll be at the lower end of the leagues so the good players won’t have to deal with them.

Really now?

Alerie Despins

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Really now?

I don’t understand what’s confusing you.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

+1, well said, problem is Anet supports people botting in those CAs.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Remove PvP dailies and rewards from Custom arenas.

So only ESL players will be present in HotM and that PvP thing.

Finally this thing will die and there will be a reason to delete it.

huehue~

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

witcher.3197

huehue~

Yeah because there is nothing else in PvP but a farming ground for PvE players and ESL tournaments /s

(edited by witcher.3197)

in PvP

Tao.5096

huehue~

Yeah because there is nothing between a farming ground for PvE players and ESL tournaments /s

Let’s not deny that ~80% of population in HotM is Custom arena Daily/Rank farm based.

Let’s also not deny the fact that Ranked and Unranked had much higher playerbase in the past because PvP was actually fun unlike now.

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

huehue~

Yeah because there is nothing between a farming ground for PvE players and ESL tournaments /s

Let’s not deny that ~80% of population in HotM is Custom arena Daily/Rank farm based.

Let’s also not deny the fact that Ranked and Unranked had much higher playerbase in the past because PvP was actually fun unlike now.

If most of the players are custom arena players then they’re not contributing to rank/unranked. Therefore losing them doesn’t matter.

Filling the pvp lobby with people standing around not contributing to ranked play isn’t a reason to keep rewards for custom arenas.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

If you want rewards and don’t want serious competition do unranked. Unranked should also give lesser rewards.

If you want real competition and full rewards do ranked.

This is how it should be. Make it happen.

All this will do is force more AFKers and leavers who are just there for the rewards, into unranked. Hot-join has its place in giving those guys a place to do what they want without hurting the people who want real competition.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Tao.5096

If most of the players are custom arena players then they’re not contributing to rank/unranked. Therefore losing them doesn’t matter.

Filling the pvp lobby with people standing around not contributing to ranked play isn’t a reason to keep rewards for custom arenas.

So, first Anet makes them leave Ranked/Unranked, makes them move to Custom Arenas and now they should be removed entirely?

Cool logic.

But on the other hand, yes, it would be great if Anet did this.

I would watch with pleasure the downfall of PvP Arena and Gw2 eSport caused by ignorance from dev team.

in PvP

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

uhohhotdog is right ,

The pvp reward system should reward people playing pvp , not the ones zerging 5v3 or jumping into holes , or leaving / swaping teams.

This is just removing any glory to Pvp ONLY rewards since any one with no skill and playing less games than a pvp player can obtain these rewards byt jumping down into holes.

@ Dirame , the dishonor system coming back, people will be able to leave or afk 1 or 2 matches … and will be dishonored making the farm totaly useless especialy if you consider his team will lose most of the time due to 4v5 (lowering the rewards).

The second point is people doing “farm” and have no clue of what they do will drop to low tier pvp matches with the league system, and any one playing pvp at a decent level will play pvp at a decent level , this is just pushing people to get better to have better rewards since the higher your tier gets, with the league system , the better rewards you get.

@ Tao

It will change nothing on the PvP player base or Competitive play since the one playing hot join are not contribuing anyway to that part of the game . What OP says is actualy pushing people to get involved in pvp (with rewards they only get in pvp as bait.) if they wan’t to enjoy their pvp legendary backpiece.

I noticed in this game when something that rewards pve players from brainlessly farm something gets nerfed , it’s a huge problem . BUT when pvp get their rewards / BLC farm / … nerfed that’s totaly ok and pveers say :" pvpers , they just have to play pve if they wan’t those rewards". Now i wan’t to say … “you just have to play pvp if you wan’t those rewards”.

(edited by Abimes.9726)

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I disagree. Why should other players lose their method of progression simply because you hate something?
Dont play it. Simple as that. …

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

I disagree. Why should other players lose their method of progression simply because you hate something?
Dont play it. Simple as that. …

So should I get rewards for Tequatl for just standing there doing nothing? Or in raids?

That’s what custom arenas are. Just a way to do nothing and get rewards.

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

So, first Anet makes them leave Ranked/Unranked, makes them move to Custom Arenas and now they should be removed entirely?

Cool logic.

But on the other hand, yes, it would be great if Anet did this.

I would watch with pleasure the downfall of PvP Arena and Gw2 eSport caused by ignorance from dev team.

How is removing custom arena rewards going to make the downfall of pvp? Custom arena is not pvp. It’s just a farm.

I repeat. They are not contributing to pvp in any way other than making the pvp lobby more crowded. If we lost every single one of those players it would not hurt pvp one bit.

in PvP

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Just gonna be lazy and repost a reply here since I’ve already had to answer this kind off thread before.

No. For one I find it extremely boring to sit in the lobby and wait for a que in ranked or unranked by myself knowing I could likely be fighting a premade group. And no I’m not complaining about premades, I’m okay with them I just don’t fancy the idea of fighting them when I qued alone. Secondly I like hotjoin, it’s more fun to me. I like getting to play matches with the same people and getting a chance to chat, I like the more chill atmosphere, I like instantly being able to join. It’s just more fun to me and I don’t mind getting less reward because I enjoy it more anyways. Leave it like it is, people will play what they want to play lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

Just gonna be lazy and repost a reply here since I’ve already had to answer this kind off thread before.

No. For one I find it extremely boring to sit in the lobby and wait for a que in ranked or unranked by myself knowing I could likely be fighting a premade group. And no I’m not complaining about premades, I’m okay with them I just don’t fancy the idea of fighting them when I qued alone. Secondly I like hotjoin, it’s more fun to me. I like getting to play matches with the same people and getting a chance to chat, I like the more chill atmosphere, I like instantly being able to join. It’s just more fun to me and I don’t mind getting less reward because I enjoy it more anyways. Leave it like it is, people will play what they want to play lol.

But if more people were playing non-hotjoin you wouldn’t have to wait as long in queue. You mention you like being able to play with the same people… But don’t like pre-mades? Seems to me that you should just form a pre-made yourself, that way you’re on an even playing field with others, AND you get to play with the same people.

+1 for no hotjoin rewards
Unranked should get the same rewards, as it is a good build testing place, offers different maps, and is available to new to PvP players.

in PvP

Abimes.9726

@ Quiznos

I think atm unranked gets the same rewards as ranked no ? If not i’m ok with changing it.
The only downside you won’t have the league rewards since there are no leaderbords by definition in unranked

And you are also right bringing more folks into unranked/ ranked by removing hot join rewards will decrease the Queue times.

( Let’s face it there is just no reason to defend hotjoin rewards as it stands right now exept if it hurts your daily farm… but pvp isn’t the farm zone 2.0 or am i wrong ? like i said previously zerging , playing 4v2 , swaping teams and let your self fall down isn’t healthy at all for the game and isn’t simply Spvp.)

(edited by Abimes.9726)

in PvP

Posted by: AtomsOrSystems.9420

AtomsOrSystems.9420

I love this entire conversation, in a very cringe-inducing way. “Some people are getting rewards, slowly, in private arenas. This has no bearing on me or my enjoyment of the game whatsoever, and it must be stopped.”

Also, ranked is ranked. As in leaderboards (or leagues). Unranked is… not ranked. That you think there should be some additional reward divide there is the oddest form of elitism I’ve seen on this PvP forum, which is prone to odd forms of elitism.

For Lyssa’s sake, OP, get over yourself. If someone wants to slowly farm through a dungeon reward track in a week or two of doing custom arena dailies, how… why would you possibly care?

in PvP

Quiznos.4296

@ Quiznos

I think atm unranked gets the same rewards as ranked no ? If not i’m ok with changing it.
The only downside you won’t have the league rewards since there are no leaderbords by definition in unranked

And you are also right bringing more folks into unranked/ ranked by removing hot join rewards will decrease the Queue times.

( Let’s face it there is just no reason to defend hotjoin rewards as it stands right now exept if it hurts your daily farm… but pvp isn’t the farm zone 2.0 or am i wrong ? like i said previously zerging , playing 4v2 , swaping teams and let your self fall down isn’t healthy at all for the game and isn’t simply Spvp.)

Completely agree. And yes ranked/un-ranked currently get the same rewards, I was saying it should stay that way.

in PvP

Posted by: Ironcloud.3892

Ironcloud.3892

People who repeatedly die over and over for skins, gold and ranks (which have already been greatly devalued because of this farm) clearly aren’t playing the game as intended. I wouldn’t really care if custom arenas only rewarded a bit of gold, but the fact that people are getting skins and ranks whilst effectively doing nothing is stupid, especially when they could be alternatively populating queues and dungeons instead.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i’m w/ u, so i’ll do the same.

i find hotjoin much moar fun than un/ranked.

-more soloq’rs
-no queue (read u can play right now, not 5+min from now)
-if match is too much a landslide, just leave and find a better server, nothing holding u there to waste your time.

in un/ranked if u get a terrible match up, or 3+ in a row, u are sol an just have to waste your time w/ a losing matchup.

in hotjoin, its up to you, an u can find a good fight eventually. it ain’t perfect, but my time is better spent playing the game on my terms rather than clicking around hoping ‘this matchup will be good, rite?’

i jus want to play. i want to pvp. i want to do it now. and i don’t want to be in a terrible matchup for ~10+ mins. thats not fun. thats not rewarding. thats not how i want to spend my time.

thats why gw1 RA was so nice. no mmr, so fast matchups, tmd = very short matches. if your team was that terrible it was over in <2 mins. since no mmr, no streaks trying to keep u at 50% winrate.

u just got to pvp and have fun. what happened to that part?

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Do not underestimate the nature of good-humored, player-regulated, extremely casual PvP. Those people who farm dailies in custom arenas and have a good time today may very well move on to unranked and ranked in the future. That’s how you keep your pipeline of new players into PvP strong—You give them an easy access point.

The proposed change to the reward structure would force people right into ranked to feel rewarded, and you’d lose a ton of good players because many will simply opt not to play the game mode instead. That is a very bad thing for both the game and the game mode, and is something ANet will never do.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

Do not underestimate the nature of good-humored, player-regulated, extremely casual PvP. Those people who farm dailies in custom arenas and have a good time today may very well move on to unranked and ranked in the future. That’s how you keep your pipeline of new players into PvP strong—You give them an easy access point.

The proposed change to the reward structure would force people right into ranked to feel rewarded, and you’d lose a ton of good players because many will simply opt not to play the game mode instead. That is a very bad thing for both the game and the game mode, and is something ANet will never do.

as w/ most things, moar options are better than less

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

As someone that was around for those “red /resign” days of GW1, I can tell you that removing custom arenas is not going to achieve what you seek to achieve. Those farmers are going to do the same crap that they do in CAs in either unranked, or ranked, depending on where you force them to go. That is simply going to cause more strife and frustration for those people that actually want to pvp in the way it was intended. Sure, some of the farmers will leave, but so will some of the legitimate players that don’t want to deal with the bullkitten. Lose-lose scenario. Not good.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Quiznos.4296

thats why gw1 RA was so nice. no mmr, so fast matchups, tmd = very short matches. if your team was that terrible it was over in <2 mins. since no mmr, no streaks trying to keep u at 50% winrate.

I miss RA from GW1. Because it was fast n easy. Especially liked the auto keep team on win, auto kick to TA on 5 wins. I’d love to go back to that.

EDIT: yeah… The whole red-resign thing… But that’s why there shouldn’t be a resign option, so you get locked into the 10 mins. Will make it so only players willing to play actually will. If someone afk’s since they can’t resign, dishonor slap, too much dishonor, banned from HoTM for a while.

(edited by Quiznos.4296)

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

I miss RA from GW1. Because it was fast n easy. Especially liked the auto keep team on win, auto kick to TA on 5 wins. I’d love to go back to that.

exactly. fast fights so you get to play more. easy to get in and play. i spent countless hour after hour in gw1 RA. w/ gw2 tho… man after an hour an i realize i’ve only played maybe 4 matches, it just don’t make me wan to go for moar.

i just want moar short fights. not fewer longer fights

in PvP

witcher.3197

Do not underestimate the nature of good-humored, player-regulated, extremely casual PvP. Those people who farm dailies in custom arenas and have a good time today may very well move on to unranked and ranked in the future.

Except what they are doing is not PvP – they just cap and decap a point with 8-10 people, if you draw your weapon you are banned.

These people aren’t a part of the PvP community because what they are doing is not PvP, it’s match manipulation. The chance of these people ever moving on to unranked/ranked is close to 0, and if they do, they will be more lost than someone who just started the game 1 hour ago.

in PvP

Posted by: CindyKa.6137

CindyKa.6137

Only reason you want it to be this way is so your shards will be worth more on the trading post.

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

I love this entire conversation, in a very cringe-inducing way. “Some people are getting rewards, slowly, in private arenas. This has no bearing on me or my enjoyment of the game whatsoever, and it must be stopped.”

Also, ranked is ranked. As in leaderboards (or leagues). Unranked is… not ranked. That you think there should be some additional reward divide there is the oddest form of elitism I’ve seen on this PvP forum, which is prone to odd forms of elitism.

For Lyssa’s sake, OP, get over yourself. If someone wants to slowly farm through a dungeon reward track in a week or two of doing custom arena dailies, how… why would you possibly care?

No. It does affect everyone. Because of people joining custom arenas it lowers the player pool in the other arenas. That affects player match ups and queue time. If people were forced to do actual pvp they might learn to play better and actually contribute to pvp.

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Only reason you want it to be this way is so your shards will be worth more on the trading post.

Uh no. I don’t care about shards and I didn’t even think they were tradable. I’m not a farmer. I play pvp for the actual fun of it.

The entire argument is about encouraging people to play ranked.

in PvP

Abimes.9726

The problem is if you only play a few matches a day , it’s faster to jump into skyhammer holes than & faster to do your daily than some one playing regular pvp. It also isn’t pvp like i said it many times (If you wan’t to promote a new gameplay open a forum thread called " Jump down the Holes".) And It reduce the pvp player pool.

Pvp Elitism , that’s the essence self of pvp , showing your are better than others and having according rewards for achieving that. I play a lot of competitive games , and most if not all of them reward you more if you are in the high tier games than in the low tier. Don’t get me wrong you don’t get twice as much as a regular player , it’s just some extra and it feels rewarding. Anyway they said high tier player will be able to make their legendary back piece faster than a low tier player …. legit.

(edited by Abimes.9726)