Cyber Bullied Because of Being a Core Player

in PvP

Posted by: Fello.8673

Fello.8673

So after reinstalling after a two year absence I’ve noticed in every other game, I’ve been called horrible things that can’t be repeated here. They were downright sadistic and also memorable because they were so vile.

All of the cyber abuses stem from me being a core player. I bought this game, not some freebie gimme, but I am treated as a freebie player none the less when it comes to pvp.

So I am wondering, is anet inducing these toxic environments for a core and free player so they will buy the expansion pack?

Other wise, why not make it so that in pvp only, core players can use specialized abilities as well. If anet cared at all about cyber bullying, they would try to fix the root of the issue. There are only so many people I can report a day and its pointless when there is no punishment against them.

I also made platinum on core, so skill is no issue for me, its the cyber abuse. Bottom line, don’t create unfair advantages in pvp, creating toxic environments and supporting cyber bullying.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Wait people still use the term “cyber” in 2017?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

OP, I feel your frustration. I run core by choice, but I try not to make it obvious. I win the majority of matches and do well carrying my weight, but I know if we were to lose they would blame my “garbage” spec.

Not much to do but report and hope that elite specs get nerfed to be equal with core.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

The very moment I get an insult I simply ignore the player. You won’t hear from them again.

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

you know…

from a marketing perspective allowing everyone to use elite specs in spvp and allowing everyone in wvw to use gliders would expose non-HoT players to cool things that just might get them to buy HoT.

in PvP

Posted by: Luciferior.4802

Luciferior.4802

Also from a marketing perspective allowing people who didn’t pay for the expansion to use the same abilities as players who did pay for it might alienate those who actually bought the expansion Arena Net has been active in bringing up most core aspects While toning down HoT to be more in line granted while they aren’t even they are closer now then they were when HoT was released if Arena net wants to let people use HoT elite specs after the next expansion is released I could see that working ..but reality is if they didn’t cough up the money for it like others they shouldn’t get the same benefits as those who did that old saying you get what you pay for applies well in this regard

Do what thou wilt

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

If you want be viable, you need to buy Heart of Thorns.

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

he bought this game for his own enjoyment, not anyone else’s. its not his fault or problem that HoT power creep has carried everyone to the point its mandatory to play. it is sad though tht people have to be so spiteful over pixels though.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: Levijeh.9643

Levijeh.9643

Here, core necro in plat 2, sometimes plat 1. However, the lack of AOE damage and pressure with Reaper does play an important role in higher tiers, so I feel the ‘barrier’ once I reach 1750. An initial percentaje of Life Force would help us here.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

My advise is report them right away and the block (you just need to right click their name in chat).
It’s a sad thing that the power creep stemmed from Elite specs being poorly balanced results in bullying. I assure you that although PvP isn’t at its most fun not everyone is like that.
Of course there’s some classes that are more “core-friendly” than others.
I run core specs on my ranger, a friend does core necro and guardian builds.
Condi-Medi guard is pretty strong with core builds and doesn’t improve much with dragonhunter (the spear toss is marginally better for burn application).
I’m sorry for the community, but not everyone is like that. And welcome back!

On to the topic; I do not like OP’s idea of giving F2P and Core game players HoT content for free. I do play PvE and PvP but if I where a PvP player who had bought HoT just to get elite specs for PvP I would feel robbed.
But what I hope for in the future is that Anet actually makes core builds in par with an elite spec build.

I also don’t think that’s the solution. The solution would be to balance the power creep at least in PvP so that Elites aren’t as prevalent over Core specs.

But alas Anet is playing the long (and loong, and loooooong) game, their balance schedule is flimsy at best, and they know that when the next expansion comes out this whole discussion will be moot, because they’ll be releasing a new elite and HoT content will probably move into the F2P realm, just like core.

(edited by ReaverKane.7598)

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Here, core necro in plat 2, sometimes plat 1. However, the lack of AOE damage and pressure with Reaper does play an important role in higher tiers, so I feel the ‘barrier’ once I reach 1750. An initial percentaje of Life Force would help us here.

It will depend on your team, people seem to only try to counter for 1 build that they have seen time and time again, when someone brings something they haven’t seen they don’t know how to counter it, as x skill should cancel x skill,

Ive seen core necros on twitch in legendary and they can hold there own just fine, its just a matter of team support.

I don’t think other core classes would find it so easy, (esp, warrior, guard and mesmer) as they need that Elite spec to be viable, but necro is one of the classes that can handle there own at higher tiers.

in PvP

Posted by: albostan.6719

albostan.6719

If you really enjoy the game buy the expansion it offers so many new things.

Now I have also for fun my second account without expansion and I made it more than once into 1900 points with core warrior & burn guardian.

Abuse ingame is not really there but of course some idiots laugh about you.
Once you prove your skill they will never say anything again same happend to me.

Just play good and people won’t say anything :-O

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

so unfortunate that so many deride others over such minutia. they do it from the safety of their internet connections, such terrible things people do to each other and ruin an otherwise pleasant gaming experience. don’t feel badly OP, you are not alone, they do the same thing when you run a non-meta HoT spec too – get that frequently enough and because I do not run portal on my Mesmer.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Just watch how the people wailing at you play and you’ll understand that it really isn’t an issue with core vs. HOT, it’s just that they’re so bad that they’ll jump to whatever pops into their head to blame first for their lack of skill. Usually, they’ll use whatever they see on metabattle as their build and think that that’s enough to make them a good player, when in reality they’re never rotating to the correct points, attacking the right players, or making the right actions at the right times. They just assume that since they’re dying instantly over and over again off-point and you’re not there to res them, it must be your fault because you’re running a build that wasn’t on metabattle.

This is what goes through the minds of these people, and if the rest of the team isn’t seeing that guy endlessly die off-point or 1 v 1 against the beasts in niflhel, they’ll just follow along with him in blaming you for the loss.

In the end, only you can know how well or badly you played if you’re analying your matches objectively and looking to improve, and there will always be trolls saying that you’re the worst player ever even if you know that you did nothing wrong while they’re lying dead at the door to the enemy base less than 100 points into the game on Foefire.

Personally, I would rather have a non-HOT player that knows how to rotate and get all the objectives at the right time and has a mastery of the conquest system on my team than a meta moron that endlessly runs into 3 v 1’s off point, dies instantly, then afk’s in spawn for 3 minutes at a time to cry at his team about it.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

So I am wondering, is anet inducing these toxic environments for a core and free player so they will buy the expansion pack?

Bottom line, don’t create unfair advantages in pvp, creating toxic environments and supporting cyber bullying.

I was with you until you wrote that ridiculous last sentence I have quoted here. GW2 has the ability to block players and the ability to separate out chat modes per chat box. To even hint or even have the thought that ANet supports bullying is the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard on this forum to date and I’ve been here since day 1.

Don’t look to others to police, look only in what you have at your disposal.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Fello.8673

Fello.8673

I cannot anticipate when someone is going to go off on me, nor can I just be a mute player and close off all communication from team chat. Once someone blasts their foul mouth, its already too late, damage is already done. Anet can help alleviate the issue by balancing better or give core players elite specs. They know this and do nothing which is why I said what i said.

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Op, you will experience the same kind of bullying if you had HoT. People like that will find another reason to be nasty toward you. And to be honest, it really has nothing to do with you. Most of the time these players exhibit the same behavior in almost every match they’re in. So many times I block someone and see them in the next game, or a later game days or weeks later, and people in team/map chat are having the exact same issues with them. Don’t take it personally OP. Gw2 pvp community has become one of the worst in all of the games I’ve played. Just make sure to block them cause you will see them in again in a future game.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I cannot anticipate when someone is going to go off on me, nor can I just be a mute player and close off all communication from team chat. Once someone blasts their foul mouth, its already too late, damage is already done. Anet can help alleviate the issue by balancing better or give core players elite specs. They know this and do nothing which is why I said what i said.

See here, now you are bullying anet. Not the right answer buddy. Just as those guys in the game wanted someone to point fingers at, here you are doing the same thing. Read over the previous patch notes and you’ll see that Anet is actually making attempts to balance core specs and make them more viable.

HoT content should be for those that paid for it only, that’s just proper business and you can’t blame them for that. As for balancing, that’s always been crazy, but it has been getting better and better slowly.

Will say one thing though, Anet needs to get their forum moderators to handle the in game report system. It’s crazy really, you even slightly offend someone on here, and your post will be deleted and you may get an infraction. However, in game you can make death threats and insult people all day long and remain untouched. Lol.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Some classes works better on core than others.

I think necro and guard have the most viable non HoT builds. I suppose you can use that mantra greatsword mesmer as well. Engi and War I don’t know….Ele has fresh air but it’s not great. As for thief, it’s pretty much mendatory except for condi d/d.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: pyrocyborg.4162

pyrocyborg.4162

Bullying is awful and should be reported whenever you can. Even if it can be hard sometimes, you have to ignore whoever tells you nasty things, whatever the reason. Most of them are sore losers and can’t handle the fact that maybe, they’re the cause of their own “misfortune” (if we can call losing a video game match misfortune).

As for the fact that you’re a Core player: while it greatly limits the number of classes and specs combo you can use effectively in PvP, some core classes do well enough and can hold their own against most elite specs. Sadly, most of them are less forgiving than elite specs and one of too many mistakes means certain death, but as you already know, some of them can work just fine if you take the time to learn their strength and weaknesses properly.

Also, I know that it doesn’t represent the reality for most, but pro players are beating people up with core accounts. They’re simply using core classes that do great in PvP. How successful you are will depend on luck and your own skill.

Now, I agree that core classes should be on par with elite specs in PvP. ANet is buffing some skills for core classes only (e.g. Guardian’s virtues in this season’s start patch) and while balance is all over the place, I’m sure they’re trying to make core classes viable again.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Core builds are weak so they consider it griefing. You are losing them mmr. It’s not actually a f2p game.

Core classes are bad, and are being kept bad on purpose, and will never be good ever. For instance, even after “buffs” guardian core virtues are not 1/8th as good as DH. It’s the differance between giving spell immunity to your team for 8 seconds+ and blocking one attack for them.

If you wanna play effective f2p builds, the only actually viable one off the top of my head is p/p condi engi. It’s pretty bad and actually better with scrapper even with p/p but it’s the best f2p build for spvp, since you can take tool kit alongside elixer s and basically be immortal due to the invis potion.

You will be very bad at playing it for a little while, but with rune/sigil of smoldering/flame legion, you can shotgun somebody for 17-20k dmg in a few spells on a 15s cooldown. It’s still trash, but it can kill druids and other classes with bad condi clear.

(edited by duster.7013)

in PvP

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

I play with core ranger and everyone knows this by seeing the nick Raplion in the game, and I manage to kill many quiet spect elite …. although I have the expansion, I prefer to play core ranger and still using wyverns …. pets and I can still kill several players. .

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

Core builds are weak so they consider it griefing. You are losing them mmr. It’s not actually a f2p game.

Core classes are bad, and are being kept bad on purpose, and will never be good ever. For instance, even after “buffs” guardian core virtues are not 1/8th as good as DH. It’s the differance between giving spell immunity to your team for 8 seconds+ and blocking one attack for them.

If you wanna play effective f2p builds, the only actually viable one off the top of my head is p/p condi engi. It’s pretty bad and actually better with scrapper even with p/p but it’s the best f2p build for spvp, since you can take tool kit alongside elixer s and basically be immortal due to the invis potion.

You will be very bad at playing it for a little while, but with rune/sigil of smoldering/flame legion, you can shotgun somebody for 17-20k dmg in a few spells on a 15s cooldown. It’s still trash, but it can kill druids and other classes with bad condi clear.

I disagree. Core guardian, necro, and ranger are all viable. The skill floor is a little higher, so you have to know how to play, though. For instance, I destroy meditrappers and Symbolic DHs in almost every 1v1 I encounter, and I’m not anything special. Just a previous ruby player in gold 2-3 now.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

Pistol/shield healer engi with mortar gun and throw mine. Who needs overload water anyways

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Two weeks until For Honor, then you can leave this place behind :D

Seems that some players think that as long as it is a PvP-game it can replace the GW2 gameplay and make you choose that game. Maby some players actually like GW2 and the way it works, there are just a few things that bothers them so they ask for a change.

On the contrary. For Honor doesn’t replicate GW2 PvP. In fact it does it’s PvP really, really well. Which isnt something that can be said after four years of PvP for GW2 XD

I’ve been here for those four years XD

GW2 has it’s charm, even it’s beauty (Killshot anyone? :D ), but something will always come along that’s as good if not better. Even if it’s not some carbon copy replica. There’s no shame in acknowledging that.

Also, HoT ruined GW2 PvP. That’s a fact.

As I watch at For honour I see a game that has realy neat graphics but will be as booring as any battlefield game after a while. And that is my opinion.

Oh, and as I’ve actually played both games, I can tell you For Honor’s combat system and variety of active PvP modes are richer that GW2’s currently- while having realy neat graphics. Which is my, more informed, opinion. :)

GW2 will always have killshot though. Shame Core specs are unplayable trash these days {sniffle}

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

Wait people still use the term “cyber” in 2017?

I know this is from 2016, but indulge me.

in PvP

Posted by: Bluespell.1926

Bluespell.1926

Since we do not have set specs for PvP, I guess people play for different reasons. Some are “serious” and try to get as high rank as possible while others might play to see how far they can take spec X.

All seems OK to me.

Maybe if people got rewarded for contribution and not only wins you would not affect other people as much depending on your build?

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Actually it does make sense to have elite specs in PvP for everyone. It’s a bit of a weird situation mixing core and elites players together in ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

GW2 PvP is very much about “cutthroat” competition. Even in the pro ranks we see people trash talking and trolling.

I was musing just the other day that “Blane The Insane” ( a Svanir shaman from Wayfarer Foothills ) sounds a bit like a PvP’er.

In this environment playing a core spec will likely pull quite a bit of aggro.

I’m not saying that’s good or right.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Make a Guardian and run this core build:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Burst_Burning
Spam fire on the infidels, most professions (even with specializations) will melt once you focus them or leave greatly injured. Problem solved.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I don’t mind core players at all on my team as they usually know their build inside and out. Besides most of the matches I lose are not because an individual player is awful at combat but rather that our map rotation is bad.

As for online bullying:trash talking, it’s an unfortunate consequence of online games. However, I don’t think gw2 is any worse than other games. If you’ve played any first person shooters online with voice chat – chances are you’ve been inundated with racist, homophobic, sexist and bigoted comments.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

I disagree. Core guardian, necro, and ranger are all viable. The skill floor is a little higher, so you have to know how to play, though. For instance, I destroy meditrappers and Symbolic DHs in almost every 1v1 I encounter, and I’m not anything special. Just a previous ruby player in gold 2-3 now.

Somebody who has spammed dh for a month and wound up in gold is hardly a GM dh player. They probably dropped the ball pressuring you pretty hard. Against other DH, you can take the double aegis trap and honour skill tree and heal for pooploads while spamming blocks. Theres nothing core guard can do against that.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

ah man just buy the xpac.
you will feel better, your mates will feel better, and your game play will be better.
I mean cmon, they did one xpac in 3 years, cough up the bucks and don’t complain that its p2w.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Cyber bullying… lol

Attachments:

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

Somebody who has spammed dh for a month and wound up in gold is hardly a GM dh player. They probably dropped the ball pressuring you pretty hard. Against other DH, you can take the double aegis trap and honour skill tree and heal for pooploads while spamming blocks. Theres nothing core guard can do against that.

Wait, you think that every DH I’ve come across is either less skilled than me (don’t belong in gold, or I belong higher) and/or they just screwed up when faced me 1v1 on point? As someone who’s played both DH and core this season, I speak from experience rather than conjecture.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I honestly don’t mean to seem heartless or that in any way you deserve to be called names, but it’s the internet for you. You’ll get used to that stuff when you’re used to being online. It happens in all games and social platforms. It’s something that will never change. Just block them. They’re the ones who are salty, block and let it go. It’s the best advice.

To add to the HoT/Core argument some people are actually still having after all this time(gw3 will prob be out soon jeez): When many games have an expansion, you’re forced to buy it to even play it at all, especially MP/pvp games. To be fair, Anet has been pretty cool to let people after all this time not upgrading to play all the pvp/wvw content, and nerfing most HoT elite specs to the ground. I’m sure there are kids/children who can’t spend 20ish dollars for an old expansion or elderly people on a Social Security budget, but after all this time HoT is out and you enjoy the game still, skip going out to lunch or dinner for a day and buy it. Or if there are say geographical issues or something I can understand. It’s like an hr or maybe two’s worth of work for many hrs of added enjoyment. Just leveling all the elite specs was worth the kitten I paid 1.5 yrs ago when it came out. Though I’m ready for a new pvp/rvr mmorpg myself, but I’m glad I bought HoT way back when.

And For Honor isn’t very good IMO. It’s ok, but not really good by any means. Played the beta for 8-10 hrs. Got pretty bored of the pvp VERY quick. And it also isn’t very good looking graphically(though that usually has no sway on my game choices if the Pvp is good, look at CS with their 20yr old graphics). To each their own though. I’m sure many will love it…

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

he bought this game for his own enjoyment, not anyone else’s. its not his fault or problem that HoT power creep has carried everyone to the point its mandatory to play. it is sad though tht people have to be so spiteful over pixels though.

This mentality is one of the most annoying things I have ever come across in an online game. The I paid for it so I should be able to play how i want concept is about as selfish as can be when you do anything that is team oriented, even more so when you its a competitive environment. While yes you did pay money for the game, yes the game is yours but so did the 4 other people on your team. People who use the I paid for it so I can do what I want mentality deserve to be shamed and punished because in all reality they are the ones being selfish and rude in this situation.

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

tmw you realize the only core class anet has buffed to a somewhat viable state is guardian…. T_T

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

OP, I feel your frustration. I run core by choice, but I try not to make it obvious. I win the majority of matches and do well carrying my weight, but I know if we were to lose they would blame my “garbage” spec.

Not much to do but report and hope that elite specs get nerfed to be equal with core.

OOOh yes!!! It happens to me too. As i said i still play Retro Mid Bunker-Support Guard and i am platinum . They keep yelling about my build etc.
Never think to adapt for this game never think that a Retro guy with no meta build plays same div with them . And if they are so good why have same mmr with me? Tired all this !!!
I am customer and i paid for both games ! As matter of fact core i have the collectors edition. I choose this cause i like this play style.
Anet find a kittening way so every class can have represent on every play style player wants (Bunker-DPS power-DPS condi-Support) !!!!! This is one of the main problems that game has.
If u still are in mood to promote HoT np separate free and core build one league and HoT the other. And then leave all these " Elites" waiting to enter a game.

in PvP

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

This mentality is one of the most annoying things I have ever come across in an online game. The I paid for it so I should be able to play how i want concept is about as selfish as can be when you do anything that is team oriented, even more so when you its a competitive environment. While yes you did pay money for the game, yes the game is yours but so did the 4 other people on your team. People who use the I paid for it so I can do what I want mentality deserve to be shamed and punished because in all reality they are the ones being selfish and rude in this situation.

It’s also selfish to force people to play however YOU want them to play.

Plus I think it’s more that people have the freedom to play however they want to play without straigthout trolling and griefing. If a build is not optimal but the player is only familiar with that build and plays that build the best or is the most comfortable with it, then that’s the way it is.

Hell, even finding a (new) build that works is a journey that is a thing for every player. And for some people that takes longer than others.

Either way, in any solo/duo queue the only factors you really can control is your own build and perhaps that of one team-mate. All the rest you can do is play your best, help your teammates and work with the team mates that you get. ANd it’s not always easy to win, but if willing to work with what you get rolled as a team you make a better chance than to point fingers and blame and shame before the match has even begon, or halfway or even after the match.

If you can’t deal with a (supposedly) weakest link in your team, you become that weakest link in your team.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

Selfish for wanting to play a build that he believes gives his team the best opportunity to win? Selfish is having to have things so decided your way, and has such a narrow outlook on a path to victory, that excludes other genuine possibilities. there are other viable builds, granted not many, but still they do exist and some know how to play them well.
Is Metabattle is truly producing “Meta-lemmings” to the extent that people are castigated for trying something different? It sure does seem that way. For the record, no one “deserves” to be shamed for playing another non-meta-build. Only cheaters, trolls, those driven by malevolence, and willful manipulators are deserving that sort of punishment and that by Anet and not from other players.
Personally speaking, I have no place for those who misbehave in this fashion. Consequently, people who spend their hard earned money, and come here to meet others and subsequently enjoy GW2 are entitled to do just that (UA outlines it this way, that’s why there are rules governing conduct, and whereby Anet is the final arbiter in such matters).

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

in PvP

Posted by: Kreweless.2196

Kreweless.2196

Other wise, why not make it so that in pvp only, core players can use specialized abilities as well. If anet cared at all about cyber bullying, they would try to fix the root of the issue.

Ugh, I hate to agree with someone that uses the term “cyber bullying”, but you’re right that sPvP should include Elite-specs. On the other hand, can you really not spare the $25 for HoT? From your forum history, it seems you’ve been playing the game for years.

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

Other wise, why not make it so that in pvp only, core players can use specialized abilities as well. If anet cared at all about cyber bullying, they would try to fix the root of the issue.

Ugh, I hate to agree with someone that uses the term “cyber bullying”, but you’re right that sPvP should include Elite-specs. On the other hand, can you really not spare the $25 for HoT? From your forum history, it seems you’ve been playing the game for years.

Some people live in country like mine (Greece) and 25€ are too much money.
And the reason that many play this game is you pay one time and no need subscription or pay to win situations .

in PvP

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

You know, HOT specs give you advantage, but why play this game on easy mode… just put theese ppl into the ignore list.

Look I was dueling with my friends with core builds. It was fun, really big fun factor where skill determine victory or loose.

Do you know difference between HOT and core builds? With HOT specs you have small room to make a mistake in fight, your traits and abilities carry you. With core specs you have really big room to make a mistake , even if you know enemy class, he can make a mistake which you didn’t expect and he reroll it to his advantage. And yea, more lower blocks/boon spam/sustain.

Core specs are more fun, but less effective.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

They should allow you to buy HoT elite specs individually with gems and it shouldn’t require a lot of gems. The expansion has been out for quite awhile its made 99% of the money its going to make. The fact of the matter is though most core specs are much weaker. There are a few that can hold there own at middle and lower levels of play but you are putting yourself and your team at a disadvantage the vast majority of the time. Really just block the players that do this, report them, and move on.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

First off I rarely pay attention to what build people play, I pay attention to thier performance. If they support the team and do thier best then win or lose it matters not to me what they run.

I know core players can be effective if they are good.

But let us discuss the cyber bullying. May I suggest you block, as I do anyone that begins spouting vitrol in your direction. Block them and move on.

Not all of it may be directed at your decision to be a core player, alot of it is just a few toxic individuals in PvP. But since it is ussually 1 person in a match of 10 people its pretty easy to block it out.

I play alot of PvP across many many games and, I will say that the community in guild wars is actually one of the better ones.

in PvP

Moonsinn.5382

They should allow you to buy HoT elite specs individually with gems and it shouldn’t require a lot of gems. The expansion has been out for quite awhile its made 99% of the money its going to make. The fact of the matter is though most core specs are much weaker. There are a few that can hold there own at middle and lower levels of play but you are putting yourself and your team at a disadvantage the vast majority of the time. Really just block the players that do this, report them, and move on.

Interesting idea. I like the idea of unlocking elite specs for pvp (without all the HoT content) with gems. People could just pay a little money for the elite they want or even convert gold. Seems like if someone hasn’t bought the expac yet, they likely will never buy it.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior