D/D eles

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Daiboru.5792

Daiboru.5792

are balanced. im srs guys stop making fun of d/d eles please. Anet deeply cares about the state of PvP.

please keep the discussion on topic and critical about how balanced they are ty.

Top Ele/Thief – ESL Hero
Scyllau
Daiboru

(edited by Daiboru.5792)

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

There’s definitely no need to nerf Eles, since that D/D fire cele spec is definitely completely balanced and good for the game.

Ranger//Necro

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

They are NOT balanced, they are underpowered!

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I’ve died more than 1000 times, this needs to be buffed for sure

Attachments:

M I L K B O I S

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Lol, ATM in the ESL #93 EU there is a 5 man ele team vs another team with 3 eles.
The 5 ele team won 2 games in a row Horrible meta.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

D/D eles

in PvP

GrandHaven.1052

Isn’t that just PvE though?

D/D eles

in PvP

Daiboru.5792

can you guys not make fun of d/d eles, they are in a bad place right now god.

like… do you know how fun it is playing against, and as one? thats how bad they are.

Top Ele/Thief – ESL Hero
Scyllau
Daiboru

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Berry Pun Pup.6904

Berry Pun Pup.6904

I think it’s time to say what we’re all thinking: remove the icd on blinding ashes.

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I think it’s time to say what we’re all thinking: remove the icd on blinding ashes.

qft

Baer

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Isn’t that just PvE though?

Nah, Pve, PvP and WvW

M I L K B O I S

D/D eles

in PvP

GrandHaven.1052

PERFECT! And it needs to blind PER stack of burning applied! Each to be cleared separately with attacks!

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

can agree. atm d/d eles make up only about 40% (50% at most) of total rankedQ pvp population. WTS winning teams only have 40% eles. Considering 8 classes and different builds, 40% seems about right for one single build math-wise .
Its rare you see like 6-8 of them in one match, maybe every 5 matches or even more rarely.

If it was OP you would see D/D eles more. Until i see a unknown 5-man d/d only team win WTS by beating teams that are only 40% ele, im not buying any talk of OP. if something is op, it would be best to run 5 and you would never loose, its logical.

As you see both math and logic support the cele ele not OP theory.

Its really a l2p issue – complain less, practice more your class of choosing and you will farm all those countless eles you encounter in every pvp match you play on every level of competition (but not cause ele op, because other reasons).

P.S. As a class that really suffers in PVE and WWW where eles are pretty neglected (unlike PvP, 4 ele parties are non-existant, they always want at least 2 other classes and vast majority of parties demand 2 eles but refuse the 3rd). to nerf us even the slightest bit in pvp would be a serious slap in the face to the ever-growing ele community.

(edited by Stilgar.6437)

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: tcbear.2357

tcbear.2357

Guys, please stop! According to Phantaram, DD Eles are only “a little bit op”, just “ONLY A LITTLE BIT” guys! #TrustInPhantaram /sarcasm

D/D eles

in PvP

Daiboru.5792

I completely agree. If you’re struggling on a thief, necro, ranger, or engineer. It truly is just a learn to play issue. Like, we need to be more constructive when giving props to the D/D ele’s who que up for Spvp.

Those 4 ele teams that won ESL? Are god-like players. The other teams with 1-2? Terrible. That’s why they lost, boys. (:

Top Ele/Thief – ESL Hero
Scyllau
Daiboru

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

can agree. atm d/d eles make up only about 40% (50% at most) of total rankedQ pvp population. WTS winning teams only have 40% eles. Considering 8 classes and different builds, 40% seems about right for one single build math-wise .
Its rare you see like 6-8 of them in one match, maybe every 5 matches or even more rarely.

If it was OP you would see D/D eles more. Until i see a unknown 5-man d/d only team win WTS by beating teams that are only 40% ele, im not buying any talk of OP. if something is op, it would be best to run 5 and you would never loose, its logical.

As you see both math and logic support the cele ele not OP theory.

Its really a l2p issue – complain less, practice more your class of choosing and you will farm all those countless eles you encounter in every pvp match you play on every level of competition (but not cause ele op, because other reasons).

P.S. As a class that really suffers in PVE and WWW where eles are pretty neglected (unlike PvP, 4 ele parties are non-existant, they always want at least 2 other classes and vast majority of parties demand 2 eles but refuse the 3rd). to nerf us even the slightest bit in pvp would be a serious slap in the face to the ever-growing ele community.

Hahaha. Is this serious?

Alright meow, where were we?

D/D eles

in PvP

Stilgar.6437

ofc im serious. i actually think d/d ele needs buffs, but i dont want to sound biased. HoT worries me, all those new traits/weapons/mechanics, there might be some combination of it that can counter ele. If not counter, maybe something surprising ele just needs to learn to deal with. Something like that is unacceptable!! i would like a guarantee that my current rotation (that wins fights even when i unplug my monitor on accident) works against any new threats that come with HoT or any future add ons.
Pre-emptive buff sounds fair to me, the no ICD on burning ashes + stackable blind idea for example. Its logical, if i know how to blind a foe when i burn him, why would i wait 5s between blinds. It breaks my immersion.

That way i would have a safe buffer of not just massive amounts of blinds like now, but unlimited blinds until eles can learn the new animations and stuff. Then you can revert it back to 5s in a patch, or maybe 3-4s would be more apropriate.

i want a buff out of principle, ele did not get a single buff since the last time buffs where handed out to classes (spec patch). NOT A single one! travesty

I still get angry thinking about those first few days cele necros could kill me. They put out decent preasure, prevent me from having all boons all the time and had skills that actually can hurt me. Luckly i figured out almost all capture points have a safe spot to lightning flash on when i get near 50% (prevent all his traits kicking in), heal up in couple secs to full, he cant follow me, come back way before necro caps and kill him cause he recovers 0 health without hitting with attacks. I dont even have to that unless necro times all his key skills and limited dodges almost to perfection. And he also cant put up a good fight at the start of the match with 0 lifeforce.

Nobody wants to see that kitten again.

The fact that cele necro is also much weaker in teamfights, has less sustain, can not handle 2v1/3v1 as me, has 1v1 counter builds and has vastly inferior mobility, team support and downstate is irrelevant to the point im making.

When pvp population reaches 82,8% cele ele, i will accept discusison about nerfs.
And i will actually accept a slight nerf somewhere only over 90% or a WTS win with 5 ele team.

(edited by Stilgar.6437)

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

ofc im serious. i actually think d/d ele needs buffs, but i dont want to sound biased. HoT worries me, all those new traits/weapons/mechanics, there might be some combination of it that can counter ele. If not counter, maybe something surprising ele just needs to learn to deal with. Something like that is unacceptable!! i would like a guarantee that my current rotation (that wins fights even when i unplug my monitor on accident) works against any new threats that come with HoT or any future add ons.
Pre-emptive buff sounds fair to me, the no ICD on burning ashes + stackable blind idea for example. Its logical, if i know how to blind a foe when i burn him, why would i wait 5s between blinds. It breaks my immersion.

That way i would have a safe buffer of not just massive amounts of blinds like now, but unlimited blinds until eles can learn the new animations and stuff. Then you can revert it back to 5s in a patch, or maybe 3-4s would be more apropriate.

i want a buff out of principle, ele did not get a single buff since the last time buffs where handed out to classes (spec patch). NOT A single one! travesty

I still get angry thinking about those first few days cele necros could kill me. They put out decent preasure, prevent me from having all boons all the time and had skills that actually can hurt me. Luckly i figured out almost all capture points have a safe spot to lightning flash on when i get near 50% (prevent all his traits kicking in), heal up in couple secs to full, he cant follow me, come back way before necro caps and kill him cause he recovers 0 health without hitting with attacks. I dont even have to that unless necro times all his key skills and limited dodges almost to perfection.

Nobody wants to see that kitten again.

The fact that cele necro is also much weaker in teamfights, has less sustain, can not handle 2v1/3v1 as me, has 1v1 counter builds and has vastly inferior mobility, team support and downstate is irrelevant to the point im making.

My hero!

Keep on fighting the fight!

Alright meow, where were we?

D/D eles

in PvP

Daiboru.5792

http://i.imgur.com/DWEJmee.jpg

d/d ele is under-powered, A RANGER GOT MORE POINTS THAN ME?

buff please

this is a freaking outrage Anet and I won’t have it. I will quit if D/D ele’s poor performance isn’t addressed.

Top Ele/Thief – ESL Hero
Scyllau
Daiboru

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Guys, please stop! According to Phantaram, DD Eles are only “a little bit op”, just “ONLY A LITTLE BIT” guys! #TrustInPhantaram /sarcasm

In his downtime, Phantaram plays burn guard. Because sometimes you have to step away from the UP classes like D/D ele and actually play something powerful. I think we can all respect that.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

This is the 3rd troll post abour D/D eles today.

Anet needs to nerf them just to get the forum under control.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

What if there was no cooldown on attunement swap?! Would that help?

Baer

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Berry Pun Pup.6904

Berry Pun Pup.6904

I can’t see how it would possibly hurt!

#EA baseline

D/D eles

in PvP

Stilgar.6437

no, too much attunment swaping, more complicated rotations, could hurt fingers (this is a serious issue, eles have their problems, we press more buttons then most other classes, those buttons all do magnificent things. but you are bordering on requiring effort to win in a way if you remove CD). CDs are very short (bit over 8s) and adequate to outheal all dmg we recive with water, keep up prot with earth, max out on might with fire, and have air ready whenever we need its superior AA.

No icd on ashes and stackable blind (but nerf thief blind) is perfect. It synergizes well with upcoming expansion. I was worried a bit last BWE against revenatns. They would come up to a fight start jumping, spining, slashing, teleporting, i had no idea what was going on, it was all so strange and at times i just randomly got teleported around.

Naturaly i just ignored it all and stuck to my rotation and of course every fight ended with him stomped and me on full health. But they added new stuff, what if one of those wierd things they do actually hurts me? Better safe then downed, give me more blinds.
Ill let him hit me at my own pace, figure out what rev skills are so i know which inferior skill i can laugh at when thrown at me. like i laugh at rangers and their pew pew bow that i just outheal and roflstomp them in 10s flat. I mean i stomped rangers even before i knew what their skills do or why they have a dog, but its more fun to see them try hard with full kitten nal of skills/weapons/traits/pets and still fail utterly, regardless of their skill compared to mine (same with some of the other classes like thief, mesmer, necro, guard, war, engi and whatever class comes in a year or two after HoT).

and i will have a piece of mind, i will know 100% that nothing counters me and not just 95% like now. 5% worry is 5% more then i want to.

But It would be nice to get a buff that helps me hard counter other eles running exact same build as i do, but i can see the inherent design difficulty so im ok with that coming in a patch soon after HoT.

And ill never say no to more healing, i dont care that im always near max health, regardless of the angle i smash my keyboard at, on/off state of my screen, how many oponents im fighting, what build they run, how skilled they are or what skills they use. Green numbers are pleasing to the eye, always nice to see more of them.

TL;DR Attunments ok, would hurt fingers with no CD, buff blind, more heal

(edited by Stilgar.6437)

D/D eles

in PvP

Daiboru.5792

Hey I was the first one to post though ok, like gd. 4 threads came after i posted.

Top Ele/Thief – ESL Hero
Scyllau
Daiboru

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Unfortunately, ANET does not balance so all these needed ele buffs won’t happen for awhile.

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

just a little…

Ark 2nd Account

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Please make Evasive Arcana and Blinding Ashes baseline next patch. tyvm.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Seriously why is everyone complaining about DD eles? You did not think this would happen when you asked Anet to remove the capability of others to take out celestial DD eles? Oh right, it’s the pvp forums, people never think beyond their target of hate.

Well, i hope you enjoy this meta because you asked for it.

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

It is rude to accuse forum members for trolling when I cringe reading about their pain and suffering in-game as d/d eles. Have some empathy pls.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

According to Phantaram, DD Eles are only “a little bit op”, just “ONLY A LITTLE BIT” guys!

This is honestly true, though, as all power is relative. D/D ele only brings slightly more to a team than other bruiser builds, such as cele necro, soldier’s engie, and survival ranger. The problem is that pvp ALWAYS boils down to picking the best option for any role at the highest level, so the best teams play all cele eles for bruiser roles.

If you nerf eles damage or sustain just a bit (changing nothing else on other classes) so that cele necro or soldier engie is now better, then teams will start stacking those and take no eles (as they did prior to specialization patch when people gave up on eles and just stacked more cele shout warriors).

The TRUE problem, and the reason that everyone has reached a fever-pitch regarding ele balance is because nothing has been adjusted in SO LONG. Any build that even slightly performs will grow more popular, and if left alone too long, people will play it more and get sick of it, increasing the QQ to ever higher pitches. If they just made slight adjustments every month even, we never would have reached the point where many think the game is unreasonably broken (its not).

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

D/D eles

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

^Cele Necromancers don’t stack.

Eles do.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144