D3 is the new D6

D3 is the new D6

in PvP

Posted by: Leafstorm.1349

Leafstorm.1349

So I’m sure there has already been something said about this, but its pretty stupid how I’m stuck in D3 beating my head against a wall because everyone from last season who hit D5/6 are now in D3. Most people are just as stuck as I am.

Why and who exactly thought it was a great idea to do this? You now have a clash of D5/6 players fighting for the same value. This among other reasons are the reason why people want to just quit sPvP. It makes the idea of divisions worthless.

PS: Fix warrors. wth

Leafmender, Leader of Lion Knight.
Zoe Nightmare (Necro)

D3 is the new D6

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

a) everyone who was d5/6 last time has already moved out of d3 10x times over. d3 is even last one with safety nets.

b) divisions are indeed worthless cz anet.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

D3 is the new D6

in PvP

Posted by: ixon.2496

ixon.2496

a) everyone who was d5/6 last time has already moved out of d3 10x times over. d3 is even last one with safety nets.

Nope, im sitting on tier 3 sapphire and not progressing at all, “Need one pip to move up? It would be a shame if the next match was a complete blowout~” “Oh, you just had a blowout? Here are two more to put you back to the start.” - If matchmaking had a voice

I’m seriously done at this point, its not fun. and it sure as hell isn’t competitively fair.

Edit: Just to add, i made it to sapphire in season 1 due to limited play time, I made it to diamond season 2 with some effort. and now, literally 2 steps forward 3 steps back, i switch classes, i rotate, i play pretty sensibly. But i solo queue and will forever be at the mercy of Matchmaking and MMR deciding if i should be winning or losing the next match i play, a system stacking the odds in one teams favor through matchmaking is a bullkitten thing to do.

Desolation [KISS]

(edited by ixon.2496)

D3 is the new D6

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Ranked isn’t fun anymore. I rode a nice winstreak to Sapphire at the beginning of the season, took some days off, and the reasons I’ve took the breaks from ranked in the first place are still there keeping me down. Where do you get off with such a lame algorithm? If you’re going to put me with three guardians then why not put me against them too to balance it out? Am I being punished by the 50/50 system because I have 45 wins out 80 games this season? Warrior has a low skill cap to begin with and with how fast adrenaline charges warriors can just spam AoE condi and interrupts. Resistance is a great boon but does it have to go with the class that has a naturally high HP and armor base?! Why can’t they spread reliable resistance access to every other class or have passive boon procs proc resistance instead of protection?

D3 is the new D6

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Just try duo-ing or trio-ing with some friends to move past sapphire.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

D3 is the new D6

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

Nope, im sitting on tier 3 sapphire and not progressing at all, “Need one pip to move up? It would be a shame if the next match was a complete blowout~” “Oh, you just had a blowout? Here are two more to put you back to the start.” - If matchmaking had a voice

I’m seriously done at this point, its not fun. and it sure as hell isn’t competitively fair.

Edit: Just to add, i made it to sapphire in season 1 due to limited play time, I made it to diamond season 2 with some effort. and now, literally 2 steps forward 3 steps back, i switch classes, i rotate, i play pretty sensibly. But i solo queue and will forever be at the mercy of Matchmaking and MMR deciding if i should be winning or losing the next match i play, a system stacking the odds in one teams favor through matchmaking is a bullkitten thing to do.

This is my experience. I got to Legendary division last season solo queuing, and atm I’m stuck in Sapphire tier 3. Around 100 games so far, I’ve had two 3-game win streaks, other than that, just constant yoyoing.

Solo queuing is terrible. I don’t claim to be elite, but I’m experienced and more than competent. I certainly don’t deserve these teams I’m getting, there’s no carrying them. Just about every match’s result is predetermined. As for teaming up, due to my time zone, my contacts are sleeping when I’m playing, and I’m working when they’re playing.. Excluding weekends of course, but god forbid I wanna leave the house on the weekend.

If I can manage to get out of Sapphire this season and get my fugly wings, here’s yet another experienced pvper checking out.

D3 is the new D6

in PvP

Posted by: brazenchick.4891

brazenchick.4891

This is my experience. I got to Legendary division last season solo queuing, and atm I’m stuck in Sapphire tier 3. Around 100 games so far, I’ve had two 3-game win streaks, other than that, just constant yoyoing.

Solo queuing is terrible. I don’t claim to be elite, but I’m experienced and more than competent. I certainly don’t deserve these teams I’m getting, there’s no carrying them. Just about every match’s result is predetermined. As for teaming up, due to my time zone, my contacts are sleeping when I’m playing, and I’m working when they’re playing.. Excluding weekends of course, but god forbid I wanna leave the house on the weekend.

If I can manage to get out of Sapphire this season and get my fugly wings, here’s yet another experienced pvper checking out.

same with me. stuck in ruby now. was stuck in sapphire tier 3 for a week. finally got some win streaks going and got out. yo-yoing back and forth in ruby now but you can lose tiers and its even more detrimental. I’m an experienced player and was legendary s1 and s2 on 2 different accounts.

D3 is the new D6

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

same was legend last season and I blew through Sapphire this season on a 16 game win streak, then got to ruby tier 2 and now am stuck back and forth between tier 1 and tier 2 ruby. I seem to win 3 games and then lose 3 games, or win 2, lose 2, and when I win they’re blowout games and when I lose they’re blowout games.

I’m literally going from matches where ppl are telling me to l2p and git gud when we lose (usually from enemy team), to Wow your good player on the very next match (from my teammates and enemy team), w/diff team mates.

This system is really stupid

aka. “The Complainer”

D3 is the new D6

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

same was legend last season and I blew through Sapphire this season on a 16 game win streak, then got to ruby tier 2 and now am stuck back and forth between tier 1 and tier 2 ruby. I seem to win 3 games and then lose 3 games, or win 2, lose 2, and when I win they’re blowout games and when I lose they’re blowout games.

I’m literally going from matches where ppl are telling me to l2p and git gud when we lose (usually from enemy team), to Wow your good player on the very next match (from my teammates and enemy team), w/diff team mates.

This system is really stupid

I feel you man, but hey. At least you got to experience the OTHER end of this farcical matchmaking system, even if only for a bit. Some of us aren’t so lucky.

D3 is the new D6

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

it seems like in season 1 it favored those who had low MMR because they could get paired w/people with high MMR who usually were good players and win.

Season 2 def favored high MMR players as it would pair them together consistently.

Season 3 as they said is a combination of the 2? but all I’m seeing is that it dosen’t matter if you have High or low MMR, you get 50/50 w/l ratio.

I have 57% win ratio after 1k games and Can’t get ahead, My friend who has a 47% w/l ratio after 1k+ games can’t get ahead either.

aka. “The Complainer”

D3 is the new D6

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

it seems like in season 1 it favored those who had low MMR because they could get paired w/people with high MMR who usually were good players and win.

Season 2 def favored high MMR players as it would pair them together consistently.

Season 3 as they said is a combination of the 2? but all I’m seeing is that it dosen’t matter if you have High or low MMR, you get 50/50 w/l ratio.

I have 57% win ratio after 1k games and Can’t get ahead, My friend who has a 47% w/l ratio after 1k+ games can’t get ahead either.

You can try for a four man, but the MM weights you to face other teams. Still, you should see lots of duos + three solos but if it’s by MMR it’ll be according to your highest teammate, hope they pull opponents from the pip range’s lower MMR end instead of the higher one.