DC = Deserting match?

DC = Deserting match?

in PvP

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

In a ranked match, i disconnected at 100-150
Reconnected at 190-220, killed beast and steal their svanir all the time, won the match 480-500, I’m second in scores.
I lost a pip due to “deserting” the match.

Arena, WTF is your logic saying that i deserted the match despite of me trying my best to let my team win??

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

(edited by yLoon.5289)

DC = Deserting match?

in PvP

Posted by: Shinuro.9086

Shinuro.9086

same to me, it’s just stupid system, win = -1 pips =p

DC = Deserting match?

in PvP

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

It is fair you deserted game for 1m if ur team would have lost they would not deserve to loose pip becose of you get stable Internet connection and stop blaming Anet for finaly making good pip system

DC = Deserting match?

in PvP

yLoon.5289

Erm, lets say, an afker, he never dced, contribute zero to team, when his team won, he got the pips because he never dced. By your logic, this is a good pip system. L O L

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

DC = Deserting match?

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

you left the match for 2 mins, cumulative, yes some of that time may have been switching class at the start, but you still were out of the arena for 2+ mins during the entire match cycle, so you get treated as if you never returned.

DC = Deserting match?

in PvP

yLoon.5289

Aww, therefore, if you dc, just afk, no point in continue playing. The end, final solution. Good pip system.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

DC = Deserting match?

in PvP

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

No just stop dcing and don’t be egoistlic and think about ur team also if you dc you leave them 4 vs 5 eaven 20 seconds of 4 vs 5 can bring game to point of no return also the game you won after dc you were carryed by ur team of what I understand from numbers

Ps it is good system beacose it defends ppl who had no fault that you dced from loosing pip if you would have lost you dcing is ur problem not theyrs

Why I’m saying all of it is beacose I have never dced from game but I have lost more games than I can count bc some 1 dcd

(edited by baylock.1703)

DC = Deserting match?

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

No just stop dcing and don’t be egoistlic and think about ur team also if you dc you leave them 4 vs 5 eaven 20 seconds of 4 vs 5 can bring game to point of no return also the game you won after dc you were carryed by ur team of what I understand from numbers

Ps it is good system beacose it defends ppl who had no fault that you dced from loosing pip if you would have lost you dcing is ur problem not theyrs

Why I’m saying all of it is beacose I have never dced from game but I have lost more games than I can count bc some 1 dcd

Agree.

Players who DCs and starts to AFK after a DCs is way worse than someone who leaves match.

System is as good as it could be right now, fix your DC problems and you don’t have to worry about loosing Pips anymore.

If you have a bad connection I would advice you to not play ranked as there is a great risk that you will ruin a good game for other players.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

DC = Deserting match?

in PvP

yLoon.5289

Solely by justifying DCED player as deserting the game without taking considerations on their contributions to the team is a flaw in the system, for me this is just being lazy.

You cant control or blame the people who decided to AFK as it is not rewarded to continue playing in it anymore. Imagine you DCED on Arah boss part, yet you do not obtained the reward from it despite helped a lot in clearing the trash mobs, mini boss etc, how would you feel?

On top of that, what about Raid? 20 seconds missing in action in a pvp match is not as severed as you dced in Sabertha, Vale Guardian, Gorseval, are you gonna penalized these DCED raiders of not getting the loot?

I would suggest Arena to enable a grace period before labeling DCED players as deserting the match or abolished losing pip if you are indeed helped the team despite being DCED, no progression & regression.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

(edited by yLoon.5289)

DC = Deserting match?

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

On top of that, what about Raid? 20 seconds missing in action in a pvp match is not as severed as you dced in Sabertha, Vale Guardian, Gorseval, are you gonna penalized these DCED raiders of not getting the loot?

20second d/c from raid = 20 seconds + load times into verdant then choosing to enter the vale then the time it would take to get back to the champ… but oh wait they can’t get back to the champ once its started, so no they shouldnt get rewarded for not helping… if d/cing part way through they should get a reward upto the part they got to, but thats it

in pvp only the person that’s d/c’d (and anyone partied with them) loses a pip, the others on your team wouldnt have lost a pip.

unforunately there is no real way to determine within the game whether you contributed to the win or not (personal score means nothing)