DD Ele is fine now, stop this QQ train please

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Deimos Tel Arin.7391
ya all never stop complaining when warrior was being nerfed into the ground.
so yes, i will not stop either until ele is nerfed into the ground.

Ele nerfed to warrior levels? Lol that would be a buff definitely not a nerf, is this Deimos even serious? Do you really play war bro? I can make my war as to never die if so I desire while still able to crit like a madman…but then again you may be talking about esl tournies ?! Pff I would be perfectly happy to see ele out of all your top teams forever…..but*"nerfed"* to warrior levels, I’m dead serious

Ele nerfed to warriors level?….Dude how much money (RL money) do you need to support your cause? Just PM me for real

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

the nerfs had no effect on the ele, still the most broken spec in the game (of all time only behind pre-patch ele ). No meaningfull change – miniature nerf on drake combined with buff to RoF – equal or higher burn dmg now then pre-patch, about 3 stacks might lost (still keeps up 20), slightly less blind. still immortal, still too much dmg, still ridicoulusly easy to disengage-heal-reengage in 5s, still supreme mobility, teamsupport, condi cleanse, downstate. None of the teams running 2-3 eles (all teams basicly) actually dropped them because there is no reason. Same ole uncounterable godlike ele.

Better luck next patch when ever that may be

This.

Hilarious that all the DD ele players making post to prevent further nerfs.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

The amount of damage modifiers in the fire line still makes d/d ele strong as kitten. No other class has this type of damage increase from a single traitline while continuing to stay tanky.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

A single Arcing slice takes out 8k of a Maurauders staff ele. As if being the lowest health pool isn’t enough a warrior has dual endure pain, 30k hp, and can cleave you down with 100 blades in less time that it takes to cast a meteor shower. Even if by luck 2 of your meteors fall at the same spot and crit you will do just as much damage as the warrior Arcing slice, it will just have taken about 5 times longer.

Basically the class is barely playable without celestial and d/d in pvp 1v1 situations, you’re just basically a kamikaze relying on luck and dodges without having any stealth or OP elites like the other classes. On top of that, it’s not a face-rolling skill spamming class: it has very specific rotations you can study to interrupt at the right moment.

It only has one good sustain build and it’s d/d celestial bunker. And you guys want to nerf that?

Anet would have to rebalance the armor classes and health pools.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It will NEVER be fine until they take more than 3 seconds to activate 5 skills that deal damage.

The overall pace of the game has gotten too fast. It must go slower.

Skills with less than 1s activation can’t have all that damage, specially when half of them can stun.

No player should look like freaking Kermit mashing a Typerwriter. They should look like Kasparov against Deep Blue. What should count is making the right move at the right time, not mashing more skills than the opponent in less time.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Honestly there’s some other things that are way worse than D/D ele right now. When I play PvP I mostly see necros, guardians, and mesmers. Guardians are especially ridiculous with their ability to instantly apply 10 stacks of burning that hits for like 6k per second.

Anet make Rev great again.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Yes. Now let’s make Eles actually have more than just 1 viable spec.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

How about the balancing team actually making balance without listening to the players? By listening to the players they caused threads like this cause no one believes in fairness anymore but in “if we cry the loudest we won’t be nerfed”.
If the forums already know in advance how traits will turn out, it should be clear to those making the game as well, but instead it’s brought into game a few weeks after announcement and then gets a hotfix.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Cele Staff. That’s 2. To some extent Fresh Air too, but it’s actually hard to play so it’s off the table for 99.9% of current ele players.

in PvP

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

How about the balancing team actually making balance without listening to the players? By listening to the players they caused threads like this cause no one believes in fairness anymore but in “if we cry the loudest we won’t be nerfed”.
If the forums already know in advance how traits will turn out, it should be clear to those making the game as well, but instead it’s brought into game a few weeks after announcement and then gets a hotfix.

they need to actually play the game on a daily basis to do this so..

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Cele Staff. That’s 2. To some extent Fresh Air too, but it’s actually hard to play so it’s off the table for 99.9% of current ele players.

Cele d/d, Cele staff, and cele s/d are just variants on the exact same playstyle (water/arcana/x, win by outsustaining in 1v1’s, decent damage/support in teamfights). Sure, they have slightly different amounts of support vs. damage, but they are all brawlers.

Fresh air isn’t even close to viable anymore. Prior to specializations it was like a slightly worse version of mesmer without portal (but did better vs. condi). Now, mesmer has WAY MORE DAMAGE, burst with no tell from stealth, portal, and can even survive condi BETTER if they take inspiration. In other words, take an inspiration-shatter mesmer and you have a strictly superior version of s/f fresh air ele in every game-relevant aspect. If there were some strengths for fresh air, you could at least justify it in the right situation, but unfortunately that build has been left in the dust (along with many others) thanks to recent power creep.

In other news, I am very curious how cele ele will fair with all of the OPAF stuff coming out with specializations. I suspect that they might need to actually buff it if they don’t nerf things (and Anet seems to only like buffing, while being very cautious with nerfs). Power-creep full-speed ahead!!!

Please note: I am not implying cele ele is weak now, I am simply pointing out that many specializations have quite a few broken mechanics that the best players will find ways to abuse. In that atmosphere, it MAY not be able to keep up. Or it might be on-par, depends on how quickly anet responds with balance passes post-HoT. If we have any guess form past performance, the pace of changes will be glacial. Let’s hope the meta isn’t dominated by 1-2 mega-broken specs (stronger than ele was), because then you will be stuck with them for a good 6-12 months.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Cele d/d, Cele staff, and cele s/d are just variants on the exact same playstyle (water/arcana/x, win by outsustaining in 1v1’s, decent damage/support in teamfights). Sure, they have slightly different amounts of support vs. damage, but they are all brawlers.

Fresh air isn’t even close to viable anymore. Prior to specializations it was like a slightly worse version of mesmer without portal (but did better vs. condi). Now, mesmer has WAY MORE DAMAGE, burst with no tell from stealth, portal, and can even survive condi BETTER if they take inspiration. In other words, take an inspiration-shatter mesmer and you have a strictly superior version of s/f fresh air ele in every game-relevant aspect. If there were some strengths for fresh air, you could at least justify it in the right situation, but unfortunately that build has been left in the dust (along with many others) thanks to recent power creep.

In other news, I am very curious how cele ele will fair with all of the OPAF stuff coming out with specializations. I suspect that they might need to actually buff it if they don’t nerf things (and Anet seems to only like buffing, while being very cautious with nerfs). Power-creep full-speed ahead!!!

Please note: I am not implying cele ele is weak now, I am simply pointing out that many specializations have quite a few broken mechanics that the best players will find ways to abuse. In that atmosphere, it MAY not be able to keep up. Or it might be on-par, depends on how quickly anet responds with balance passes post-HoT. If we have any guess form past performance, the pace of changes will be glacial. Let’s hope the meta isn’t dominated by 1-2 mega-broken specs (stronger than ele was), because then you will be stuck with them for a good 6-12 months.

I agree that cele DD and Staff have a similar playstyle, but you can’t ignore that there’s a 20 skill difference there which should be enough to call it a separate build. As for water/arcana/x, this isn’t an ele thing, every thief is Deadly Arts/Trickery/X, Warriors are Defense/Discipline/X, Guardians are Valor/Virtues/X, and so on.

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

they need to actually play the game on a daily basis to do this so..

No, as everything is based on numbers.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Their sustain still broken as hell. Dont lie to yourselves.

That means that is balanced in the gw2 language, so working as intended.

Just see how they clean an entire wall full of siege within 3-4 seconds with they LoS casting XD, that is the only thing it should be adressed, but that effects all aoe casters.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.