DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: Biklen.5490

Biklen.5490

I expected custom saved builds…NOT this…Let the video speak for itself. Enjoy the salt & send me some in game when you get a chance.

~BalougaPOD

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

This is a stepping-stone to build templates. They will come in time.

Default builds were just added so new players could use the system and be more up-to-par than normal.

NSPride <3

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Biklen.5490

Default builds were just added so new players could use the system and be more up-to-par than normal.

I understand what it is…But doesn’t mean i have to be happy with it

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Razor.9872

Would you prefer they held off default builds until build templates were completed?

NSPride <3

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Biklen.5490

Would you prefer they held off default builds until build templates were completed?

Custom builds should have been here 3 years ago…But yea like i said before this was a waste of resources..>IF you are going to implement something so simple so late…Do it right the first time…It doesn’t need baby steps…Its pretty standard in most main stream MMO’s…

I like gw2 / I love gw2 / I fan boy gw2…But it doesn’t mean I’m going to stop speaking the truth/common sense about it

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Razor.9872

Custom builds should have been here 3 years ago…But yea like i said before this was a waste of resources..>IF you are going to implement something so simple so late…Do it right the first time…It doesn’t need baby steps…Its pretty standard in most main stream MMO’s…

I like gw2 / I love gw2 / I fan boy gw2…But it doesn’t mean I’m going to stop speaking the truth/common sense about it

I disagree. But to each his own.

NSPride <3

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

How about they come out with build templates instead of default builds.

Its almost a joke, hey try our new default build, Anet will just have to recorde it to the next meta build after each broken patch update.

I have to agree with the video. You seem to be writing about the next step, well the next step for PvP many hoped for more build diversity and it isnt here.

If anet wants to dumb the game down sure fine its there game but it wont stop them from getting wrecked in unranked/ranked.

How about anet make build templates instead of dumb default builds, fix MM, make PvP seasons fun, create a better meta and some decent build diversity. I dont know maybe 2 quality builds for each class. I know its crazy but these are things that should be done and yes they should wait till its a finished product. I dont sell you half cooked food and you dont eat it.

Also im gonna post a pic, its a troll build and 3 of the 5 players im playing against were running meta builds. Please tell me how default builds implemented help anyone?

Attachments:

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

If it´s a step to only have two metabuilds for each class then this is going down even more ….
If its the trial for custom build templates then fine. I just hope we have more then one or two builds per class (at above average competative level ….).

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Biklen.5490

Its almost a joke, hey try our new default build, Anet will just have to recorde it to the next meta build after each broken patch update.

I have to agree with the video. You seem to be writing about the next step, well the next step for PvP many hoped for more build diversity and it isnt here.

If anet wants to dumb the game down sure fine its there game but it wont stop them from getting wrecked in unranked/ranked.

How about anet make build templates instead of dumb default builds, fix MM, make PvP seasons fun, create a better meta and some decent build diversity. I dont know maybe 2 quality builds for each class. I know its crazy but these are things that should be done and yes they should wait till its a finished product. I dont sell you half cooked food and you dont eat it.

Also im gonna post a pic, its a troll build and 3 of the 5 players im playing against were running meta builds. Please tell me how default builds implemented help anyone?

My brother…My brother…

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Razor.9872

Please tell me how default builds implemented help anyone?

It helps new players just entering the name (who want to PvP). They don’t have a clue about anything. They don’t know about metabattle, or qqmore.net — nothing. Constructing a decent build is beyond most. Sure, they could ask in map-chat, but most don’t. Especially those coming from games where doing so would just get them flamed. These default builds just give those players a little boost. It’s not much, and it probably won’t stop them from dying after a few seconds, but it’s better than nothing.

At the end of the day, this mechanic is not taking away from your experience, it is only additive to theirs. Once the bugs are ironed out of this, A-net will likely then begin upgrading it to the templates.

NSPride <3

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

You’re completely missing the point of what this release is. This isn’t saying ‘look at this awesome new default build system we made!’

What this release is is them saying ‘look at the progress we’ve made towards build templates! We’ve made a quick and rough implementation of something so that you all can see what sort of tech we’re working with, and hopefully give us feedback on how you like the functionality.’

They’re not dumbing the game down, they’re not insulting anyone. They’re just excited that they’ve made some new tech, and wanted to share it with the live community to show that their PvP team isn’t just sitting in a corner thumbing their noses at the forum requests for templates.

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Biklen.5490

You’re completely missing the point of what this release is. This isn’t saying ‘look at this awesome new default build system we made!’

What this release is is them saying ‘look at the progress we’ve made towards build templates! We’ve made a quick and rough implementation of something so that you all can see what sort of tech we’re working with, and hopefully give us feedback on how you like the functionality.’

They’re not dumbing the game down, they’re not insulting anyone. They’re just excited that they’ve made some new tech, and wanted to share it with the live community to show that their PvP team isn’t just sitting in a corner thumbing their noses at the forum requests for templates.

I can’t agree with you bro…I have to say that in 2016 build templates in MMO’s have been around for many years now…That is pretty standard for MMO’s that have build diversity….This response proves that GW2 devs are just now learning the basics and to be quite honest I don’t think that is the case…Sorry

We can make excuses all we want for them…But there is only one thing to say here…They should have never released this until they where ready for custom build saves. This just shows how far back we still are…

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Help me out. How is this a troll build?

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Razor.9872

I can’t agree with you bro…I have to say that in 2016 build templates in MMO’s have been around for many years now…That is pretty standard for MMO’s that have build diversity….This response proves that GW2 devs are just now learning the basics and to be quite honest I don’t think that is the case…Sorry

We can make excuses all we want for them…But there is only one thing to say here…They should have never released this until they where ready for custom build saves. This just shows how far back we still are…

I disagree, but to each his own. I only hope you can find solice in your disappointment as I have in my contentment.

NSPride <3

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I expected custom saved builds…NOT this…Let the video speak for itself. Enjoy the salt & send me some in game when you get a chance.

~BalougaPOD

So much salt because a lack of reading comprehension skills and baseless speculation.

EverythingOP

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

So like a DH i can place traps down, you run on them and even though you just activated them i have them ready for our fight because they are coming off a cool down. Now unlike DH traps you can just dodge threw them or use a skill that has a evade effect to go threw the traps and take no damage.

Now ranger traps dont provide anything for the team, they dont help me defensively in any way but if you run on them not seeing me or i set you up. And you dont know how your build works, have condi clear, access to resistance, among other things you need to know. You will die.

So why is it a troll build? Its a build where if i stun you or knock you down with teh spike trap. I can entangle you and apply 8 stacks of burn, 25 stacks of bleed, 10 stacks of psn and torment among entangle and chill. I can do this in about 5-7 seconds.

This build is a 1 trick pony and the question is do you know what to do? When i take it to ranked vs players running the smae builds as people in unranked i get squashed but in unranked you will hear the frustrations of not knowing.

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Fay.2357

I can’t agree with you bro…I have to say that in 2016 build templates in MMO’s have been around for many years now…That is pretty standard for MMO’s that have build diversity….

Most mmos have a drastically simpler setup for builds. Each class uses one weapon type, there are less bits and pieces to the full gear set, etc. GW2 has its own unique challenges for implementing this; they can’t just copy-paste code from WoW.

This response proves that GW2 devs are just now learning the basics and to be quite honest I don’t think that is the case…Sorry

No, that’s not even remotely true. This simply shows that they’ve now prioritized build templates as an area of development. If you really think they’ve been working on this for 4 years, you’ve got another thing coming.

We can make excuses all we want for them…But there is only one thing to say here…They should have never released this until they where ready for custom build saves.

And again you’re totally wrong. This is a technical demonstration of capability, which is a normal and standard thing to do for technology that is being developed. Think of it as a progress report. There is absolutely no industry that locks some engineers in a room for a year and says ‘come out when you’re done’. Progress reports and incremental development is how things are done. Your attitude of ‘but I want it all right now!’ is simply unrealistic and immature.

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I think having these 1 or 2 default builds are indeed good for new players and I think its a step in the good direction.

That being said I am a bit dissapointed because…
If anet can do this I don’t think its that hard to implement actual build templates as well.

I hope we’ll get it in the next patch or sometime soon.

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Razor.9872

I can’t agree with you bro…I have to say that in 2016 build templates in MMO’s have been around for many years now…That is pretty standard for MMO’s that have build diversity….

Most mmos have a drastically simpler setup for builds. Each class uses one weapon type, there are less bits and pieces to the full gear set, etc. GW2 has its own unique challenges for implementing this; they can’t just copy-paste code from WoW.

This response proves that GW2 devs are just now learning the basics and to be quite honest I don’t think that is the case…Sorry

No, that’s not even remotely true. This simply shows that they’ve now prioritized build templates as an area of development. If you really think they’ve been working on this for 4 years, you’ve got another thing coming.

We can make excuses all we want for them…But there is only one thing to say here…They should have never released this until they where ready for custom build saves.

And again you’re totally wrong. This is a technical demonstration of capability, which is a normal and standard thing to do for technology that is being developed. Think of it as a progress report. There is absolutely no industry that locks some engineers in a room for a year and says ‘come out when you’re done’. Progress reports and incremental development is how things are done. Your attitude of ‘but I want it all right now!’ is simply unrealistic and immature.

^ Exactly.

I’m not sure what project management style A-net uses, but if is SCRUM, then default builds were the result of the last “Sprint.” Next sprint will be adding on to that.

NSPride <3

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

It helps new players just entering the name (who want to PvP). They don’t have a clue about anything. They don’t know about metabattle, or qqmore.net — nothing. Constructing a decent build is beyond most. Sure, they could ask in map-chat, but most don’t. Especially those coming from games where doing so would just get them flamed. These default builds just give those players a little boost. It’s not much, and it probably won’t stop them from dying after a few seconds, but it’s better than nothing.

At the end of the day, this mechanic is not taking away from your experience, it is only additive to theirs. Once the bugs are ironed out of this, A-net will likely then begin upgrading it to the templates.

I disagree for a few reasons,

So im a guild leader of a small guild. We got our guild hall up to level 54, we have the PvP arena and for more serious people solo que PvP arenas.

During the last PvP season 2 people in the HOTM asked to join a guild willing to teach new players. I accepted both and we went into a PvP room and i told them some basic do’s and donts.

They would come to me with a idea of a build and i would tell them why it would or would not work vs a particular class. Both these players got to diamond of S3 PvP and both have less then 1k AP. neither are playing much now but thats how it should be.

The new players coming in shouldnt have Anet baby sit them. There are tons of guilds recruiting all the time and they are decent for doing basic stuff in the game. There is hot join and other things.

But most of all you are destroying trial and error. Most of us like theory crafting, people coming in see skills and want to try and use different skills and do something different or something uniquely effective. This DEFAULT PVP BUILDS is saying this is the viable build and everything else will not be as good.

Im all for build templates especially for PvP having 2 for what ever builds you want or PvE for fighting on land and fighting in the water. Build templates i like, this is not good for anyone especially new players coming in seeing a default build which will be the meta and seeing every new player run that as well as serious player they get stuck fighting against doing dailies.

All the stuff i named earlier needed to be addressed, this doesnt help anyone. Just my opinion.

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Razor.9872

I disagree for a few reasons,

So im a guild leader of a small guild. We got our guild hall up to level 54, we have the PvP arena and for more serious people solo que PvP arenas.

During the last PvP season 2 people in the HOTM asked to join a guild willing to teach new players. I accepted both and we went into a PvP room and i told them some basic do’s and donts.

They would come to me with a idea of a build and i would tell them why it would or would not work vs a particular class. Both these players got to diamond of S3 PvP and both have less then 1k AP. neither are playing much now but thats how it should be.

The new players coming in shouldnt have Anet baby sit them. There are tons of guilds recruiting all the time and they are decent for doing basic stuff in the game. There is hot join and other things.

But most of all you are destroying trial and error. Most of us like theory crafting, people coming in see skills and want to try and use different skills and do something different or something uniquely effective. This DEFAULT PVP BUILDS is saying this is the viable build and everything else will not be as good.

Im all for build templates especially for PvP having 2 for what ever builds you want or PvE for fighting on land and fighting in the water. Build templates i like, this is not good for anyone especially new players coming in seeing a default build which will be the meta and seeing every new player run that as well as serious player they get stuck fighting against doing dailies.

All the stuff i named earlier needed to be addressed, this doesnt help anyone. Just my opinion.

Understandable. I’m basing my opinion off of youtube/twitch streamers I have seen try the game for their first time. But maybe I’m just watching the wrong crowed.

NSPride <3

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Biklen.5490

Fay,

Are you even serious atm? Copy and paste a code from WoW? Look understand your in the scene and want to protect it from collapse but these responses are very weak.

Only thing that is complex about GW2 is the combat system. That has nothing to do with the actual traits and how you can save them or edit them. You want to bring up WoW thats fine…But please understand that WoW did have saved builds back in 2008 even when the talent system was 3x more complex then our current one…

Also MMO’s have test servers to help with bugs and/or feedback from the rest of the community. If they where gonna introduce anything like this why not have an open test server that shows this in development…Adding stuff half kitten just makes the rest of the community loose faith in their game. I mean im sure the ESL players are used to testing and getting stuff leaked before the rest of the community gets them. But that doesnt mean it is the right way of doing this.

“But I want it all right now!”…I play/stream this game everyday 7 days a week. I’ve shown that my attitude is everything BUT that. When anet falls short and makes the wrong decisions it is in my right to call them out on it.

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Razor.9872

Fay,

Are you even serious atm? Copy and paste a code from WoW? Look understand your in the scene and want to protect it from collapse but these responses are very weak.

Only thing that is complex about GW2 is the combat system. That has nothing to do with the actual traits and how you can save them or edit them. You want to bring up WoW thats fine…But please understand that WoW did have saved builds back in 2008 even when the talent system was 3x more complex then our current one…

Also MMO’s have test servers to help with bugs and/or feedback from the rest of the community. If they where gonna introduce anything like this why not have an open test server that shows this in development…Adding stuff half kitten just makes the rest of the community loose faith in their game. I mean im sure the ESL players are used to testing and getting stuff leaked before the rest of the community gets them. But that doesnt mean it is the right way of doing this.

“But I want it all right now!”…I play/stream this game everyday 7 days a week. I’ve shown that my attitude is everything BUT that. When anet falls short and makes the wrong decisions it is in my right to call them out on it.

I think you are mistaking “mechanical complexity” for “implementation complexity.” The two are entirely different beasts. Sure, the layout of the build in-game is simple enough, but coding that in is likely not nearly as simple; it is entirely dependent on the old system structures and the devs assigned to work with them.

As for if doing this disappoints the community, I would argue not releasing anything is more disappointing than releasing a stepping-stone of something.

NSPride <3

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: Jay.3409

Jay.3409

i think its better, they can have more control of balancing.. but theorycrafting is dead if they do.. look at legion, their doing the same thing.. balancing is much easier for devs and everyone is happy

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Fay.2357

Fay,

I think you are mistaking “mechanical complexity” for “implementation complexity.” The two are entirely different beasts. Sure, the layout of the build in-game is simple enough, but coding that in is likely not nearly as simple; it is entirely dependent on the old system structures and the devs assigned to work with them.

As for if doing this disappoints the community, I would argue not releasing anything is more disappointing than releasing a stepping-stone of something.

Yep, the only people disappointed by this are the ones that have no concept of progression and are unable to figure out how to wait or a feature.

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

So like a DH i can place traps down, you run on them and even though you just activated them i have them ready for our fight because they are coming off a cool down. Now unlike DH traps you can just dodge threw them or use a skill that has a evade effect to go threw the traps and take no damage.

Now ranger traps dont provide anything for the team, they dont help me defensively in any way but if you run on them not seeing me or i set you up. And you dont know how your build works, have condi clear, access to resistance, among other things you need to know. You will die.

So why is it a troll build? Its a build where if i stun you or knock you down with teh spike trap. I can entangle you and apply 8 stacks of burn, 25 stacks of bleed, 10 stacks of psn and torment among entangle and chill. I can do this in about 5-7 seconds.

This build is a 1 trick pony and the question is do you know what to do? When i take it to ranked vs players running the smae builds as people in unranked i get squashed but in unranked you will hear the frustrations of not knowing.

I used to run this build with Wanderer’s Amulet and Krait Runes. It was aids in S3, but it hasn’t been as effective this season for me…

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I used to run this build with Wanderer’s Amulet and Krait Runes. It was aids in S3, but it hasn’t been as effective this season for me…

Ohh yeah, i use vipers amulet with the sigil of life on axe. I used it in season 2 and 3 but only for dailies.

Same rune but players in ranked will catch this after the 1st one and if anyone says trap ranger they should know what to do against it. Forced 50/50 MM means someone on the other team will at least be of the same MMR or higher so running like this means you will get caught fast.

Good luck in future games

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

This is the kind of mentality that has been holding everything back.

In time? Dude we played since launch, how much longer do you wanna wait for a feature that is supposed to be a key element on a BUILD-CENTRIC GAME?

I do get fay’s point but cmon people Almost 4 years now? And you still think this is okay? Are you really satisfied with Mediocrity?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

It’s hilarious how people are overreacting. Saying that this was supoosed to be build templates, or that ANet should not spend resources over this and more.
This is not even close to a build template. Not even 1/10. It barely scratchs the surface of the complexity that a build template would have. Build templates will need to be customizable, savable, to account your gear, your bag and much more. Build templates aren’t coming only to pvp where everything is already streamlined, you know.
This default build system could have been the work of a single programmer in it’s spare time (like MANY other features and content in this game, like the action camera or the hungry cats in PvE) and it actually looks like it.
I’m usually the first to call ANet out in their mistakes, but this is just dumb. Take a chill pill, guys.

PS: build templates only became an idea with HoT, not in the last 4 years. Previously you could not even change traits without a NPC, or people don’t even remember? And while a year is more than enough to come up with a build template system and I get kittened that this doesn’t look like a priority, we need to wait for feature packs for new big features. Not LS releases.

Pumpkin – Mag

(edited by Pumpkin.5169)

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

It’s hilarious how people are overreacting. Saying that this was supoosed to be build templates, or that ANet should not spend resources over this and more.
This is not even close to a build template. Not even 1/10. It barely scratchs the surface of the complexity that a build template would have. Build templates will need to be customizable, savable, to account your gear, your bag and much more. Build templates aren’t coming only to pvp where everything is already streamlined, you know.
This default build system could have been the work of a single programmer in it’s spare time (like MANY other features and content in this game, like the action camera or the hungry cats in PvE) and it actually looks like it.
I’m usually the first to call ANet out in their mistakes, but this is just dumb. Take a chill pill, guys.

PS: build templates only became an idea with HoT, not in the last 4 years. Previously you could not even change traits without a NPC, or people don’t even remember? And while a year is more than enough to come up with a build template system and I get kittened that this doesn’t look like a priority, we need to wait for feature packs for new big features. Not LS releases.

You could change your build when ever you wanted in PvP, you could even change it in a hot join or 1 vs 1 servers.

The not being able to change stats was a PvE thing not PvP.

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Biklen.5490

In time? Dude we played since launch, how much longer do you wanna wait for a feature that is supposed to be a key element on a BUILD-CENTRIC GAME?

I do get fay’s point but cmon people Almost 4 years now? And you still think this is okay? Are you really satisfied with Mediocrity?

Well said… Thank you…I got tired of replying the same kitten thing over and over…

If it was 6 months into the game sure…FINE…

1 year ok…Things are getting kinda out of hand…

4 years….You expect us to be happy with this???…

What fay said about “Us babies cry and want things now!” Is a joke to how slow these people really think we are…

Immaturity is looking at insanity and accepting it over and over….PATCH after patch…

ALSO…Congrats on another conquest map..

Currently PvP In GW2 makes me sad…WE will see what happens when this season is over…MAYBE a new class re-balance can give us back diversity and make the game more fun.

LOVE,
BIK

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Well it may never come. You may think that it is a must for this game but we have done just fine without it. Maby this was what the devs wanted and stops here, we don’t know… Saying that we should have had that mechanic 4 years ago is just dumb, you think that that is what Anet should have prioritized, but it obviously hasn’t been, just as we do not have duels, mounts, mini games and polymoc battles that many other players want and think Anet should have prioritized.

Just accept that this is a feature they have now added to the game and then suggest that they work on a build template now. As many has said, this would be a very good foundation for it.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Like everyone has said. You fail to understand: this is a stepping stone towards saved builds and it is useful to new players. End of discussion. It’s not moving towards removing trait lines, as your video suggests. Enjoy your salt.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Fay.2357

Like everyone has said. You fail to understand: this is a stepping stone towards saved builds and it is useful to new players. End of discussion. It’s not moving towards removing trait lines, as your video suggests. Enjoy your salt.

Does the video actually suggest that? Goodness, I’m glad I didn’t waste my time watching that drivel.

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Razor.9872

Yes? I guess I am. But by nature I don’t see it as mediocrity; if I did, I wouldn’t be satisfied. I simply understand that build templates were not on A-net priority list until very recently. You can be bothered by it if you want. I, on the other hand, won’t let a little hitch like this sour my mood.

To answer your question on how much longer I want to wait: I don’t want to wait — but at the same time I don’t not want to wait. I simply don’t care. I am neutral now, and when the feature comes I will be excited for it. I understand that A-net has had a lot on their plate since the game’s conception, so I won’t pretend to know what they could have done.

I only hope you find as much satisfaction in your disappointment as I have in my contentment.

NSPride <3

DEFAULT PvP BUILDS??????

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This is perfect for the elementalist which has only 1 almost viable build.