DH Spear pull should NOT work on evade!

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Greggles.5908

Mr Greggles.5908

Git gud.

In all seriousness though, it isn’t buggy at all. People have already pointed out why it appears to be working as intended, most are just complaining about the reaction time required to dodge the initial throw… and to that, I refer back to the statement above. This isn’t the first skill that has a 1/4s cast time or less, you just need to know how to predict when these sorts of skills will be used. That’s a thing you need to learn how to do if you want to be good at the game, or PvP in any game for that matter. Predict it or be quicker. That’s not even counting for flight-time if thrown from a distance, it should be quite easy to dodge then.

Also, the fact that you can kinda disable the pull function on the GS #5 by dodging as it is cast doesn’t appear to be working as intended. It appears to be a bug, but nothing too serious to fix since it adds some counter-play to the skill. Most other pulls seem to work in a similar fashion (perhaps even spear pull) but don’t quote me on that since I haven’t done much in-depth testing on it.

House of Horrors [HoH] – Dragonbrand Server

(edited by Mr Greggles.5908)

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Git gud.

In all seriousness though, it isn’t buggy at all. People have already pointed out why it appears to be working as intended, most are just complaining about the reaction time required to dodge the initial throw… and to that, I refer back to the statement above. This isn’t the first skill that has a 1/4s cast time or less, you just need to know how to predict when these sorts of skills will be used. That’s a thing you need to learn how to do if you want to be good at the game, or PvP in any game for that matter. Predict it or be quicker. That’s not even counting for flight-time if thrown from a distance, it should be quite easy to dodge then.

Also, the fact that you can kinda disable the pull function on the GS #5 by dodging as it is cast doesn’t appear to be working as intended. It appears to be a bug, but nothing too serious to fix since it adds some counter-play to the skill. Most other pulls seem to work in a similar fashion (perhaps even spear pull) but don’t quote me on that since I haven’t done much in-depth testing on it.

All i need to say is:

“Pin Down”

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Why should you be given a second chance when you failed to evade it the first time?

1/4sec cast time is not reasonably avoidable. The only way to avoid it is to guess at when it will be used. It’s unblockable, so you can’t stop it that way either.

Then maybe Anet thinks it’s unreasonable to avoid it …

The bold part is where you went wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Also pulls should be able to be evaded as otherwise they allow the snaring player to set up a spike and pull a player into it when he chooses ignoring most defenses such as block and evade which are canceled.

Yep, that’s the point. And pull doesn’t ignore stability or a well-placed stun-break (aka, the counterplay). Think for a moment about what you’re arguing: What is essentially a single-target pull on a 40s cd will become completely useless just because someone without adequate skill playing one class (thief) can’t counterplay well enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Also pulls should be able to be evaded as otherwise they allow the snaring player to set up a spike and pull a player into it when he chooses ignoring most defenses such as block and evade which are canceled.

Yep, that’s the point. And pull doesn’t ignore stability or a well-placed stun-break (aka, the counterplay). Think for a moment about what you’re arguing: What is essentially a single-target pull on a 40s cd will become completely useless just because someone without adequate skill playing one class (thief) can’t counterplay well enough.

^
Also what exactly isn’t skillful about a well placed pull in order to spike a target? That’s the exact opposite in fact.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Stun break can’t be used while being pulled because for the game you are in the air thus not allowed to use spells. Happens 90% of the time due to uneven terrain. Same goes for spells that give stability, you would need to activate stab before the pull.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Have you ever seen a dog dodge it’s way out of a leash?

in PvP

nicknamenick.2437

Have you ever seen a charr shooting fireballs from the air?

Realistic has nothing to do with balance in a fantasy game. But fyi you might want to check out binding blades before repeating your words here.

Or maby give some proper feedback

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Have you ever seen a charr shooting fireballs from the air?

Realistic has nothing to do with balance in a fantasy game. But fyi you might want to check out binding blades before repeating your words here.

Or maby give some proper feedback

OT but charr shooting fireballs from the air is pretty common xd.

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

in PvP

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Why should you be given a second chance when you failed to evade it the first time?

1/4sec cast time is not reasonably avoidable. The only way to avoid it is to guess at when it will be used. It’s unblockable, so you can’t stop it that way either.

Really? Enlighten me … how do you know what Anet thinks should be happening here? Seems to me that this makes plenty of sense. There is counterplay to the pull … so I don’t really get what the problem here is. People don’t want to counterplay? In PvP, you don’t have much choice do you.

in PvP

Gwaihir.1745

Really? Enlighten me … how do you know what Anet thinks should be happening here? Seems to me that this makes plenty of sense. There is counterplay to the pull … so I don’t really get what the problem here is. People don’t want to counterplay? In PvP, you don’t have much choice do you.

They seem to want an ‘I win’ level counter to it. Sure it’s op but as far as op skills go it’s fr from being the biggest offender.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

They seem to want an ‘I win’ level counter to it. Sure it’s op but as far as op skills go it’s fr from being the biggest offender.

Doesn’t mean it should get a free pass though.

Anyway this whole conversation is becoming a scene from a cartoon

(edited by apharma.3741)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

A free pass to what? Classes and builds with plenty of access to stability and stun breaks have counters for it, and those classes and builds that don’t, have a harder time dealing with it. Meanwhile, a necro, who has a hard time dealing with thfs, has an easier time dealing with classes that spam stability because they can corrupt it. A dh, on the other hand, has a tough time dealing with engis and druids, among other reasons, because of the access to stability that negates tof combos. On the flip side, thf and necro, who have limited access to stability, fall prey to dh cc much more easily.

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Stun break can’t be used while being pulled because for the game you are in the air thus not allowed to use spells. Happens 90% of the time due to uneven terrain. Same goes for spells that give stability, you would need to activate stab before the pull.

Bugs in the code are not a reason to nerf or buff a skill. If you are pulled by any pull skill on relatively flat ground, you can stunbreak it. I’ve seen thieves do this many times. In fact, one thief I was chasing in wvw did this 3 times over the course of two minutes. Literally every time I pulled, he didn’t even get pulled into my symbol/trap range since he’d have a stunbreak or shadowstep ready.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

No no no, you misunderstand. The error is the assumption that Anet put any thought into it at all XD

Whoever makes the claim is burdened with the proof! :D

in PvP

Obtena.7952

No no no, you misunderstand. The error is the assumption that Anet put any thought into it at all XD

Whoever makes the claim is burdened with the proof!

No, I don’t misunderstand when players don’t get something, they assume it’s a mistake on Anet’s part. That’s pretty common among people that think they know better what Anet’s intentions are … more than Anet themselves. Perhaps people need to step back and think a little about their own assumptions for why Anet put a cast time on Spear because the base virtue is insta … it’s certainly not a mistake they added a cast time and there are methods to counterplay it.

A more reasonable approach would be to question the length of cast time, not assume that the cast time duration they added intentionally was a mistake in the first place. Now, feel free to have a discussion with that base assumption and JUST maybe, you guys will have something Anet will listen to you about.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Whoever makes the claim is burdened with the proof! :D

No, I don’t misunderstand when players don’t get something, they assume it’s a mistake on Anet’s part. That’s pretty common among people that think they know better what Anet’s intentions are … more than Anet themselves. Perhaps people need to step back and think a little about their own assumptions for why Anet put a cast time on Spear because the base virtue is insta … it’s certainly not a mistake they added a cast time and there are methods to counterplay it.

A more reasonable approach would be to question the length of cast time, not assume that the cast time duration they added intentionally was a mistake in the first place. Now, feel free to have a discussion with that base assumption and JUST maybe, you guys will have something Anet will listen to you about.

Personally I’ve never questioned Anet’s design on DH. I’ll happily stipulate the “balance” was created with PvE in mind though. I’ll also forward, based on experience, that Spear is one of the many OP HoT skills introduced to PvP without propper care for the game mode :). I’ll also affirm that, based on history, Anet DOES have a strong tendency to create/introduce/change things without much, if any thought. But I’ll give you and Anet the benefit of the doubt on this one and say Anet did put a ton of thought into Spear. In which case, why is it so horribly OP and why hasnt it been toned down properly yet? Assuming Anet does listen (we’ve got reason to believe they do based on history- I mean, eventually. Usually after a few years and a ton of grief) I’m sure Spear is slated for a good nerf at some point regardless.

:D

in PvP

Obtena.7952

I won’t speculate … I doubt the cast time duration was introduced because of PVE; it’s not needed from a gameplay perspective, unless there is a technical reason it was added to make it work that we can’t understand from just playing the game.

Granted, Anet has shown the willingness to change things and yes, we know the timeline is years so .. I guess we deal with that in a reasonable fashion as players. Personally, I don’t think as it works, it’s OPed. Conceptually, it makes sense the way it works; maybe that’s what they are going for here because frankly, it’s always been a problem for Guardians to stay engaged with their opponents. If that’s the case, it wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense to give players many options to ignore the effect of being pulled by the Spear once they are engaged by it.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Bugs in the code are not a reason to nerf or buff a skill. If you are pulled by any pull skill on relatively flat ground, you can stunbreak it. I’ve seen thieves do this many times. In fact, one thief I was chasing in wvw did this 3 times over the course of two minutes. Literally every time I pulled, he didn’t even get pulled into my symbol/trap range since he’d have a stunbreak or shadowstep ready.

Have done exactly same thing as you described about this thief – except it landed me in the map terrain/pillars etc. so i was forced to relog or was launched high in the air and instantly died to fall dmg (and it was on flat terrain of graveyard point of Foefire map, couldn’t get more flat). It happens A LOT, especially if you consider that there is little flat terrain in pvp on first place (i don’t even want to start on infamous no valid path bug plaguing half of the surface of pvp maps).
My point is, this spell has been extremely buggy for over year now giving DHs way too much of advantage and nothing has been done about it (and yes, i have made threads about it before – 0 reaction). Some DHs actually intentionally exploit it – there are spots where you are guaranteed to pull someone into terrain and force them to relog.

Idc what they do to the spell as long as it fixes all the unintended features that heavily favors DHs.

Attachments:

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Gwaihir.1745

Have done exactly same thing as you described about this thief – except it landed me in the map terrain/pillars etc. so i was forced to relog or was launched high in the air and instantly died to fall dmg (and it was on flat terrain of graveyard point of Foefire map, couldn’t get more flat). It happens A LOT, especially if you consider that there is little flat terrain in pvp on first place (i don’t even want to start on infamous no valid path bug plaguing half of the surface of pvp maps).
My point is, this spell has been extremely buggy for over year now giving DHs way too much of advantage and nothing has been done about it (and yes, i have made threads about it before – 0 reaction). Some DHs actually intentionally exploit it – there are spots where you are guaranteed to pull someone into terrain and force them to relog.

Idc what they do to the spell as long as it fixes all the unintended features that heavily favors DHs.

That’s funny after a year of pulling people make once I’ve stuck someone. And they thought it was funny. Launches? Have you not played skyrim? Giant launches are the best.

You act like this skill is a lone offender when almost any push, pull or teleport can cause these effects. Yeah I’ve popped people in the air but it’s still a rare occurrence. Like 1 in 1000. Imo not something that screams drop everything and fix me. Especially when it has great comic value for both sides.

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

OP, that should be a bug. In 6 months ANet should fix it.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

That’s funny after a year of pulling people make once I’ve stuck someone. And they thought it was funny. Launches? Have you not played skyrim? Giant launches are the best.

You act like this skill is a lone offender when almost any push, pull or teleport can cause these effects. Yeah I’ve popped people in the air but it’s still a rare occurrence. Like 1 in 1000. Imo not something that screams drop everything and fix me. Especially when it has great comic value for both sides.

And yet oddly enough it happens to me a lot and only with DH pull. It is great comic value for DH maybe, for the target it can cost match since they are forced to relog causing 4v5 or die to fall dmg and lose point that they needed to win match. This bug cost me way too many fights and matches so it could be just “ignored”. Anet had whole year to fix it and didn’t even bother.

The only other time i ever got pushed into terrain was when there was rev bug with UA.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

It is a skill that shows up as an icon for the DH when it is active. You can position yourself so you are near LOS if you can’t dodge it. They can’t pull you through walls. If you are a thief you should have more than enough tools to deal with it and move on to the next fight. Unless you are +1ing, trying to get a DH camped on a node as a thief probably isn’t the best play on the map.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I don’t think “Hunter’s Verdict” punishing blocks and doges is a bad thing if spear lands, but “Spear of Justice” could do with either a 3/4 cast with a obvious animation (like pin down) or be blockable.

Problem with it is mostly that it’s to easy to land in a team fight and can be more detrimental than moa.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

There’s currently nothing skillful about the activation. It’s punishing for no reason. Pin-down-style? Sure, as I’d have no problems with that. But as it currently is the only way out is stability. The advice about a thief evading out of range is just honestly terrible and comes down to the DH not knowing when/how to use a pull/wings to make sure it lands, and stunbreaks are unreliable since the skill launches unpredictably, and in many cases even when on flat terrain (I got launched 1800+ into the air yesterday in sPvP while fighting in the center of mid while being at < 500 range on Foefire and died while at 90% hp from just fall damage alone). It travels faster than every projectile in the game from a strictly felocity perspective (including RTW ranger longbow shots) with a smaller tell than all others due to the lack of full-body windup/tempo animations that come with the rest.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

There were dogs in that video :P

in PvP

apharma.3741

A free pass to what? Classes and builds with plenty of access to stability and stun breaks have counters for it, and those classes and builds that don’t, have a harder time dealing with it. Meanwhile, a necro, who has a hard time dealing with thfs, has an easier time dealing with classes that spam stability because they can corrupt it. A dh, on the other hand, has a tough time dealing with engis and druids, among other reasons, because of the access to stability that negates tof combos. On the flip side, thf and necro, who have limited access to stability, fall prey to dh cc much more easily.

You remember the old pin down right? Had a 1/4s cast time for a long duration immobilise and large amount of bleed which was insanely strong for the game environment back then. Spear of justice is very similar except is unblockable which means you either dodge or invuln it however with a 1/4s cast time it’s extremely hard to do.

Spear of Justice needs reducing in power along with a lot of other things on every elite spec, that’s why I say it shouldn’t get a free pass.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

It’s just like how in real life when someone has a rope around your neck and they try to hang you with it, you just poof dodge away.

in PvP

apharma.3741

It’s just like how in real life when someone has a rope around your neck and they try to hang you with it, you just poof dodge away.

Nah I just pop stability and wait till the cops cut me down and walk off….

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

@Gwaihir.1745 stop defending a broken mechanic

same was with taunt on ranger pets, you couldnt dodge it and anet fixed it cause its absolutely broken

if a thief gets hit by the f1, thats his insta death cause he gets pulled into traps and into longbow ground attacks

every attack in this game should be dodgeable, otherwise other classes will have an automatic disadvantage (speaking in general)

Or quit complaining about a mechanic you fail to counter?

Every attack in this game is dodgeable. You had the chance to dodge it. You failed. Any good thief can range break it easily. What you want is a second chance that holds your hand promoting bad gameplay.

T. “Save your evades for the spammable burst and traps noobs” guardian telling people they should be able to 100% dodge spear.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Nah I just pop stability and wait till the cops cut me down and walk off….

Personally I just invuln, slip right through the noose, land on my feet and waltz away.

But to be fair, I can count the number of times a heavy armor wearing dragon hunter has fired a chain bound spear from a bow at me during day to day life on a single hand. It barely comes up irl

-_-

in PvP

Gwaihir.1745

@Gwaihir.1745 stop defending a broken mechanic

same was with taunt on ranger pets, you couldnt dodge it and anet fixed it cause its absolutely broken

if a thief gets hit by the f1, thats his insta death cause he gets pulled into traps and into longbow ground attacks

every attack in this game should be dodgeable, otherwise other classes will have an automatic disadvantage (speaking in general)

Or quit complaining about a mechanic you fail to counter?

Every attack in this game is dodgeable. You had the chance to dodge it. You failed. Any good thief can range break it easily. What you want is a second chance that holds your hand promoting bad gameplay.

T. “Save your evades for the spammable burst and traps noobs” guardian telling people they should be able to 100% dodge spear.

Maybe try bringing something to the table other than salt/QQ. Can you 100% dodge any skill at all in the game? No. So I assume you are saying the skill should land and then the game will auto proc a dodge for you. You’re going to get hit by skills sometimes. That’s gameplay. Don’t like it? Don’t play it.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

It is a skill that shows up as an icon for the DH when it is active. You can position yourself so you are near LOS if you can’t dodge it. They can’t pull you through walls. If you are a thief you should have more than enough tools to deal with it and move on to the next fight. Unless you are +1ing, trying to get a DH camped on a node as a thief probably isn’t the best play on the map.

Yes they can, look at screenshot, i got pulled into pillar when i tried to LoS it and use shs.

It is also stupidly easy to pull people into terrain in certain areas in pvp maps, LOS will actually get you stuck in walls.

On graveyard point LoS is pointless, you will just get pulled over/around the walls there.

DH pull reminds me sooo much on how broken Road’s hook is in OW atm which hits and pulls you through walls (that is in the game that actually requires aiming to land skills) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOkjhP7p1BQ . The only upside is that at least it doesn’t make you being stuck in terrain like DHs pull does.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

And i want to be invounrable when i enter mist form but it just ain’t in the stars.

in PvP

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

And i want to be invounrable when i enter mist form but it just ain’t in the stars.

Mistform is pullable?

By the way I recently noticed.. even if you gain distance from the chain.. If it instantly hits and pulls you there’s no such thing… this could be countered by a delay between throw and pull.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in PvP

Gwaihir.1745

Mistform is pullable?

By the way I recently noticed.. even if you gain distance from the chain.. If it instantly hits and pulls you there’s no such thing… this could be countered by a delay between throw and pull.

You can’t pull mistform. Nor can you tether to mistform. And there is a delay during the pull animation, but most people tend to not even notice until they’re dead. Once you hit plat level play you will see people escape it all the time.

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

The initial hook is just not dodgeable with human reactions at close-medium range. It might be dodgeable at max range if you’re paying attention and dodge as soon as you see the animation.

If you disagree, pm me and we can meet in game. We’ll stand at medium range. I’ll spear, you dodge.

Also note that you have to factor in ~100-200ms of lag. IMO, the cast time is fine, but the projectile should be slow enough to react to. Currently once you see the hook, it’s too late to dodge.

Basically, it needs active counterplay. Either make the projectile animation slow enough to react to or allow the pull to be evaded.

(edited by coro.3176)

in PvP

Posted by: Azure.8926

Azure.8926

Just increase its cast time in PvP Only then so it doesnt mess with them in PvE.

Increasing its cast time will allow people too lazy to figure out how to tell when the Dragon Hunter is gonna burst more time to react to it and for the people who learn the class they can still use it to pull people into their burst by baiting out rolls or other defensive options or setting up the spear throw with something else.

Problem solved.

You can use the increased cast time as an excuse to give it a cooler effect too where when you reel back to throw it a big blue spear forms in your hand like Zeus throwing a lightning bolt

in PvP

Gwaihir.1745

You need to edit around if you are going to quote me. Don’t place internal messages.

And btw, entangle is unblockable. If its bugged don’t blame me.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Yes they can, look at screenshot, i got pulled into pillar when i tried to LoS it and use shs.

It is also stupidly easy to pull people into terrain in certain areas in pvp maps, LOS will actually get you stuck in walls.

On graveyard point LoS is pointless, you will just get pulled over/around the walls there.

DH pull reminds me sooo much on how broken Road’s hook is in OW atm which hits and pulls you through walls (that is in the game that actually requires aiming to land skills) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOkjhP7p1BQ . The only upside is that at least it doesn’t make you being stuck in terrain like DHs pull does.

Getting stuck in walls, and bouncing and taking fall damage are bigger issue than DH. There are a few spots in the maps where you can either get stuck or bounced. Any knockback, pull, teleport other skill can do it.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Perhaps people need to step back and think a little about their own assumptions for why Anet put a cast time on Spear because the base virtue is insta … it’s certainly not a mistake they added a cast time and there are methods to counterplay it.

Anet put a cast time on DH virtues so that they can’t be used while stunned and can’t be activated while casting something else. Core virtues are instant because their active effect is so weak that it’s a non-issue.

1/4th second cast is typically put on abilities that aren’t meant to dodgable but at the same time aren’t supposed to be usable while stunned.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Gwaihir.1745

Perhaps people need to step back and think a little about their own assumptions for why Anet put a cast time on Spear because the base virtue is insta … it’s certainly not a mistake they added a cast time and there are methods to counterplay it.

Anet put a cast time on DH virtues so that they can’t be used while stunned and can’t be activated while casting something else. Core virtues are instant because their active effect is so weak that it’s a non-issue.

1/4th second cast is typically put on abilities that aren’t meant to dodgable but at the same time aren’t supposed to be usable while stunned.

Well said. 15

in PvP

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

“Every attack should have a chance to be dodged.” – The Thief spamming Impacting Disruption.

in PvP

Obtena.7952

Yup .. so for everyone that doesn’t ‘get it’, there is a reason that 1/4 is on there and there is also a reason this pull skill is particularly hard to dodge. I’m still waiting for someone to come up with a reason Spear should work different than the reasons it current works.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

“Every attack should have a chance to be dodged.” – The Thief spamming Impacting Disruption.

Well seeing how Headshot has a big Precast and Animation….

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

No it doesn’t. It’s actually less of a cast than the DH pull and the only interruptable part is the prelim animation; (I.E. it’ll still fire even if CC’ed during the shot after the pre-animation which is less than 1/4s) otherwise it has zero cast time. It’s just the projectile is barely slower, and it’s not by much.

ID should just have an ICD put on it and the effect of PI should scale to crit with its damage lowered accordingly.

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Nah, what people look for is the sound and slow-moving projectile.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

nicknamenick.2437

Yup .. so for everyone that doesn’t ‘get it’, there is a reason that 1/4 is on there and there is also a reason this pull skill is particularly hard to dodge. I’m still waiting for someone to come up with a reason Spear should work different than the reasons it current works.

So your saying its should be 100% hit? with no counter play? because its a virtue?
but lets say it should be like this, why is it that Anet did allot of rework in the past making stuff more counterable?

I still prefer to mention “Pin down”

This skill used to be 1/4 sec and almost no animation.
Now its 3/4 sec with a good animation.
And everyone is OK with it because there is counterplay/reaction time now.

Dont you want every skill to have a proper counterplay? issnt that what we want in PVP?

Because the more i read this topic the more i think ppl just want passive stuff with no counterplay just to smash some buttons and hope they win just because there meta build is better, with no skill involved.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

at least thief has to press button and time their spells unlike most classes that rely on procs, passives and AI….

All is Vain~