DH Traps are too much

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Drath.9702

Drath.9702

I am adding one more post to the flood of complaints, maybe the shear volume of crying will get anet’s attention.

>3k Armor and 19.2k health on a necro, I die within about 2-3 seconds against a DH with traps. (through deathshroud) While being dazed more than half the time. Any attacks I do get off are either blocked or if I try to CC him, he has stability.

It’s one thing if I can dodge through them or get out of them, but the CC aspects of the traps is too strong, and their burst damage output is ridiculous.

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

Knowing Anet, it will take more then 6 months to balance it.

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

DH seems balanced to me, same spot than the old meditation guard. They are way better when 1v1 than when teamfighting, focus them and they will die. When 1v1 just run stab so you can dodge their traps without getting cced. If you can dodge their traps/kite him/condi him you can win the 1v1

M I L K B O I S

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: drizzit.9026

drizzit.9026

Well , in a reaper vs DH fight in reaper form you have almost always a perma stability.I’ll fix this adding the daze AFTER the trap triggers.

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Kotte.2460

Kotte.2460

but wait, nerf something that is so easly to counter cause you either a ) walk straight up in traps, b ) don’t run stab, c ) don’t bait his traps with something, or d ) all of the above.
smh

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

but wait, nerf something that is so easly to counter cause you either a ) walk straight up in traps, b ) don’t run stab, c ) don’t bait his traps with something, or d ) all of the above.
smh

Stability does not counter traps unless you have an instant cast one inside Maw but you still took a ton of damage. Precasted stability stacks will get torn to shreds by the daze spam, and how do you bait traps.

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Dalgrimar.7641

Dalgrimar.7641

If you die to a DH as necro its prolly a l2p issue.
Most whine about DH is a l2p issue.
Traps are the most easy kitten to avoid.

EU

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Kheo.2504

Kheo.2504

Are DH traps one shot type traps like the Ranger’s Spike Trap, or are they closer to persisting AoEs?

If the first one, you can ruin their day by just rolling into the trap, and it pops on nothing.
Otherwise, the usual Invuln cheese should still work. Which leaves Thieves at a disadvantage once again, but hey, they’re used to it.

Life doesn’t give me lemons anymore, not after what happened last time.

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

>3k Armor and 19.2k health on a necro, I die within about 2-3 seconds against a DH with traps. (through deathshroud) While being dazed more than half the time. Any attacks I do get off are either blocked or if I try to CC him, he has stability.

I play Marauder Necro and I nearly never die to a trap burst in a 1on1. Even in teamfights I can avoid most traps if there is only one enemy DH.

It’s so funny when I run to a point held by a single DH, just to see him stack all traps right before my eyes. I have no minions so I use this secret technic: dodge to activate without getting dmg. After that I remember all those threads and wonder how many that flame would have 100->0’d on this traps and flamed further after.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

(edited by Starfall.6425)

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

What if I told you that just having x amount of toughness and health doesn’t make you allowed to facetank a full burst.

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: Snavenhoj.9125

Snavenhoj.9125

so many tears… Much kitten.

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

reaper counter DH
the problem is when you get 2 DH and you out of stability or endurance and stun break and life force…. ALL together

what i love with DH is the fact they like to sit in their traps so i just sit with them in RS and cc,chill,vulnerability, poison, and high dmg AA to death in 3 sec

but with other class i never try it. DH preety strong even form range with LB . the best range AA dmg (not dps)

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

I am adding one more post to the flood of complaints, maybe the shear volume of crying will get anet’s attention.

It’s one thing if I can dodge through them or get out of them, but the CC aspects of the traps is too strong, and their burst damage output is ridiculous.

You can dodge thru them, but you would probably need to double dodge to be safe. Just use a sigil of energy on one of your weapon sets and swap to it after dodging and you will get another dodge to use when needed. And even if you trigger them while running through, you can still dodge while dazed. Also, since you play necro, try using your flesh golem to charge onto the point before you go. It may kill the golem, but it will also clear all of the traps, wasting several of the DH’s utilities and possibly their elite as well.

DH Traps are too much

in PvP

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

Also, I’ve written a ten-step post in the following thread that gives multiple options for dealing with DH:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/DH-will-be-the-death-of-PvP/first#post5736992