DH causing massive team imbalance

in PvP

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

Seems like most of the people in here are QQing about DHs that wiped them in solo queue or hotjoins. Zerker amulet ^ ? Are you serious?

This is not competitive PvP. In coordinated team based play, DH are severely lacking. They are fun for wiping scrubs that are dumb enough to stack up and eat traps, that’s about it.

Top ESL teams have almost no interest in Dragonhunters. They’re running two revenants.

Dude, this thread is about how most people find the traps. Its call general feedbacks, leave your “revenant is more OP” to the revenant section? Why are you even bringing revenant up in here.

Because he’s a DH player :P

in PvP

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

Seems like most of the people in here are QQing about DHs that wiped them in solo queue or hotjoins. Zerker amulet ^ ? Are you serious?

This is not competitive PvP. In coordinated team based play, DH are severely lacking. They are fun for wiping scrubs that are dumb enough to stack up and eat traps, that’s about it.

Top ESL teams have almost no interest in Dragonhunters. They’re running two revenants.

Dude, this thread is about how most people find the traps. Its call general feedbacks, leave your “revenant is more OP” to the revenant section? Why are you even bringing revenant up in here.

Because he’s a DH player :P

Even if he isn’t, it is still plain dumb of him kept trying to change the topic.

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Look at the thread title. It’s not causing team imbalance. That’s my point. Revenant is.

DH is only causing imbalance in hotjoins, which are irrelevant.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Look at the thread title. It’s not causing team imbalance. That’s my point. Revenant is.

DH is only causing imbalance in hotjoins, which are irrelevant.

+1 he is responding to title. DH is not causing team imbalance . If it was why don’t we see 2 or 3 or even 4 Dh in top ESL teams? Instead we see double Revs.

DH is for trash tier farming. before you say I’m a DH. I WAS a DH, now i main Rev because it farms bodies even easier and has more interesting gameplay. DH is so easy to outplay by any halfway decent player.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Can’t wrap my head around this thread. Revenants, Scrappers, Tempests and Druids(Even bunker Mesmers) are far more effective than a cool-down cannon that is DH. Bruisers are running this meta, not Zerkers. I feel like I have to keep linking this video showing people how to deal with traps so here ya go…

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I wish people would stop with referring to top esport teams when they are trying to make a point, most people are not playing at that level even if they think they are.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I wish people would stop with referring to top esport teams when they are trying to make a point, most people are not playing at that level even if they think they are.

Unfortunately because ANET wants to be Esports they have to balance for top tier players since its not good publicity for them if a team wins a championship running 4 ele and a thief…..wait LOLZ

I agree that they should balance for the masses but it doesn’t seem to really be the case.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Dragon Hunter have too much ccs. You get cced 4-5 times by the trap then they use their kittening bubble to cc you 2-3 more times. Then your finally out of the kitten you start fighting back and they chain block for multiple block/invulnerability. Then they start the cc kitten again.

Of course on top of that they hit 7k true shot even when you have almost 3k armor on a light class.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

What i find most jarring is how all these people who complain about DH absolutely love to mix in both medi trapper and full trapper DH in their posts.

Somehow this DH has all the traps and all the invuls and blocks. What god this DH must be.

in PvP

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

Can’t wrap my head around this thread. Revenants, Scrappers, Tempests and Druids(Even bunker Mesmers) are far more effective than a cool-down cannon that is DH. Bruisers are running this meta, not Zerkers. I feel like I have to keep linking this video showing people how to deal with traps so here ya go…

The amount of times he says “again” gave me an headache.

How a DH isn’t a bruiser? It got all the things that could possibly define “bruiser”.

Imo, we’re not talking about 1v1 situations guys, are we?

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

The amount of times he says “again” gave me an headache.

How a DH isn’t a bruiser? It got all the things that could possibly define “bruiser”.

Imo, we’re not talking about 1v1 situations guys, are we?

DH isn’t especially tanky, it doesn’t have good health regen. It doesn’t have many effective defensive abilities.
I’m sorry but how is DH a bruiser to you ?

Scrapper and revenants are bruisers, DH doesn’t even compare to that.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: AndrejG.3247

AndrejG.3247

And why i can’t teleport out from the DH’s Dragon’s Maw trap? With Ele’s Lighting Flash!

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Revs and bunkers are deciding the games right now, DH is secondary concern.

This.

in PvP

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

Traps are annoying, but in competitive matches DH’s really aren’t that big of a problem….besides I love using magnetic aura when they are about to use their number two longbow skill. Great fun watching them melt themselves. The daze being spammed however should be toned down a bit.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

why? when the professions are played correctly and skillfully, it clearly shows that DH is irrelevant, literally the ESL has proven that if you’re struggling with DH, the answer is l2p and get better, because its not a broken mechanic that is making DHs powerful, its your lack of skill.

D/D cele saying l2p is completely different when teams with 4 D/D comps are winning ESLs vs DH saying l2p when 90% of the ESL teams don’t even run a single DH.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

why? when the professions are played correctly and skillfully, it clearly shows that DH is irrelevant, literally the ESL has proven that if you’re struggling with DH, the answer is l2p and get better, because its not a broken mechanic that is making DHs powerful, its your lack of skill.

D/D cele saying l2p is completely different when teams with 4 D/D comps are winning ESLs vs DH saying l2p when 90% of the ESL teams don’t even run a single DH.

Meh I’d rather balance around the general population instead of the elite. The top players will find what works and/or make it work regardless. If DH is over the top in the general population then it should be toned down.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

How to avoid instadeath from traps —-——> stun break, dodge

Stunbreak, dodge => get KD again by invisible traps

A DH alone isn’t a problem at all, they can be annoying. But give him a chrono or tempest elem, and see they winning the TF’s or giving you real hardtimes.

What I hate the most is => getting wombo-combo-d by a chrono ult+DH’s invisible traps… + the daze every 0.1s. Yeah

On my Rev current build, I don’t have any stab.. so I would really be glad if I could see the “Dragon’s Maw” limit zones… and if it would be little bigger so it let’s little counter play and allows me to dodge inside the cercle/barrier.

This is pretty much the problem with traps, they peel your stability with the dazes and then the invisible wards will keep knocking you over and over. They REALLY need to adjust culling on those things. Both dragon’s maw and Hunter’s ward are currently invisible after they trigger.
Also their bow symbol shows up as an ally combo field for some reason

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

DH’s traps are ridiculously strong, especially with zerkers. The other traps like ranger’s and thiefs are mostly utility and condition, meanwhile DH’s are burst.
Please nerf the damage its totally BS to walk into them and instant down.

Yes I am being salty and QQ-ing, but its facts that I am crying about.

DH traps are burst that also carry extremely good utility -stability, stun break, blindness, aoe daze, swiftness, cripple, aegis, protection, fury, revealed, vulnerability, might, slow, regen.

They are so much more powerful than the existing traps (Ranger/thief) and the synergy they bring with other DH skills is just fantastic. I don’t think DH is the most OP of the new specs, but its the only one that manages to 100-0 me from time to time while basically keeping me cc’d.

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

Meh I’d rather balance around the general population instead of the elite. The top players will find what works and/or make it work regardless. If DH is over the top in the general population then it should be toned down.

when something is literally l2p, it doesn’t need balancing…

rock doesn’t need balancing because the scissor users don’t know how to fully extend out all 5 fingers to make a paper.

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I am seeing at least 3 Dragon Hunter’s (my team and the enemy total, 1 vs 2 usually). But I do not see other professions so often. DH does not bothers me that much actually. But in spvp, where the point is small, she has a good advantage over other professions. I do not have HoT so I can not say about playing one. Seems it needs a little “adjustment” for my taste, to even the field with others. But power based, fast casting, and long staying traps were a “BAD IDEA”. Shame to those who invented those.

ps: That guy is right about revenant. It is op.

in PvP

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

I love it when my enemies stack DH. It means an easy win for me playing Mallyx Herald. You want to talk about a broken class? Talk about me (at mediocre player) having about an 80% winrate with Mallyx while SOLO queing.

in PvP

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that comparing the general population to the best players in the game in team comps is not a great idea. Yes Dh can be countered by teams. But that doesn’t mean they can’t do anything which was proven in game 2 of PZ vs Abjurred.

DH’s running amok in pug groups can wreck faces if they are not properly pressured and countered. Their burst remains incredibly lethal and can tilt team fights and secure downs quite effectively.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

DH isn’t just countered by teams, its countered by literally every other meta build played by a halfway decent player.

add in a tempest and no one in the group really even needs to worry about a DH much

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

Rev hammer2, druid and bunker tempest is causing the balance issue not dh. I main rev I could destroy dh without effort.

in PvP

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I don’t honestly agree fully. I do think DH needs some changes, as it takes literally no skill to just spam traps and pew pew high damage shots from afar inside your safe little burst “bubble”, and these traps will basically deny you from contesting a point for rather long periods of time too, effectively at least. But I don’t think they are particularly tanky (although they can heal rather well of course).

Their traps are rather easy to deal with once you get some practice at it. You dodge near the outside of the DH trap range, where you expect them to be, and/or away from them if they try to justice-trap spam you (I can’t help but laugh at that tactic) and their traps trigger and do practically nothing. The problem then is you are stuck without being really able to get close to them if you don’t have some semi-ranged options. Personally, I’ve fought two, two decent DH players in the last 100+ matches I’ve done. And they were in the same match too. Every single other DH I’ve faced, has been incredibly predictable, and terrible at anything besides relying on their traps.

Do I die to them. Sure, because they have team support knocking me into their traps now and again. But if I find one alone, I rarely have much trouble dealing with them. They are squishy, and most of them are just one trick ponies with no backup plans once their trap spam has failed.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest