DPS 2v2 Tournament Review

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

Amazing.
Every aspect of the tournament was great. Due to an abundance of admins, I was always aware of what I needed to do, and where to go. The stream itself was unbelievable… The transitions, castors and general show was great. The casting was honestly the best I had ever seen. Very easy to follow and a great job of calling important aspects. For the more advanced players you guys explained various strats and changes that players were implementing and why. It was overall the best tournament I have ever seen run in GW2. Obviously a cash prize is very nice aswell. In the future I would ask that teams do not have to pay an entry fee. While my team was the obvious favorite, I did not have a problem paying, but a lot of teams did not join due to the cash required. Seeing as only five teams signed up, I would ask that you guys remove the fee and possibly put some condition like (Optional Pay, If you pay u get all the winnings you would normally get, if you join free, you get 50% of what you normally get) Or something along those lines… Overall, great tournament, keep it up!!!!
-Backpack, Team Outplayed By Children

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

For once I have to agree with Backpack.

While I wasn’t able to join due to being busy today, I watched a bit of the casting and have to say it looked awesome. DPS looked very professional and ran the event exceptionally well. Great job guys, keep it up.

Can’t wait for ToG with you guys!

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

Backpack!!!! You guys are on a tear right now and it was fun watching you play!

I want thank all 5 teams that entered. The People’s 2v2 tournament is a concept we’re still developing. It is always our goal to bring professional tournaments to the scene with rewards that mean something to the players. We sat down at dinner after the tournament ended today and discussed exactly the topic that Backpack brings up in a post: How do we make the tournament more accessible? I think youll be excited to hear some of the changes we make moving forward on that front.

5/8 matches today went to game 3! I think that speaks volumes to the quality of the teams that came out (many last minute). I am still very new to casting and it was never my intention to be a shoutcaster for this game, so if you guys have any feedback PLEASE email me at jczech@digitalprosports.com.

Finally: Thank you to ArenaNet and Josh Davis specifically. The blog post shout out on Friday plus the gems they gave us for the giveaways was awesome. I think Josh has done a fantastic job bringing competitive PvP to new heights in the short time he’s been there, making DPS more motivated to put on such events.

Til next time frands!!! (had to still this Vee Wee!)

Justin

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hello. Are the streams available for replay? Given all the positive feedback, I’d really like to give a look at those fights! Thanks.

EDIT: found it, sorry. Was looking around channels, and just saw that a forum post provided the link

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Hello. Are the streams available for replay? Given all the positive feedback, I’d really like to give a look at those fights! Thanks.

EDIT: found it, sorry. Was looking around channels, and just saw that a forum post provided the link

Glad you found it! Sorry I didn’t get back on until just now. Ill post the replay here as well just in case!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

i think they should make TWO separate “tourneys”

a “gem” tourney, where each team has to pay X amount of gold equal to a certain amount of gems. and a cash tourney for the more serious teams.

This would allow less experienced, or up-coming high level teams to actually have a shot at winning something more then fame.

Naturally, to stop unfair landslide victories, top 10 teams from any given region cannot enter the “noob” tourney… just to keep things a BIT fair…

just my 2c on potential future events.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

i think they should make TWO separate “tourneys”

a “gem” tourney, where each team has to pay X amount of gold equal to a certain amount of gems. and a cash tourney for the more serious teams.

This would allow less experienced, or up-coming high level teams to actually have a shot at winning something more then fame.

Naturally, to stop unfair landslide victories, top 10 teams from any given region cannot enter the “noob” tourney… just to keep things a BIT fair…

just my 2c on potential future events.

:) Without giving to much away…yes

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

I watched the whole replay, and enjoyed myself very much. The fights were nice, the comments were interesting, dynamic and funny (especially with the ongoing betting), and the whole thing looked quite smooth – looking forward to the next one! I can only encourage fellow posters to give it a chance.

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

I watched the whole replay, and enjoyed myself very much. The fights were nice, the comments were interesting, dynamic and funny (especially with the ongoing betting), and the whole thing looked quite smooth – looking forward to the next one! I can only encourage fellow posters to give it a chance.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the event!

I watched it again today and those were some hype matches!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: SgtJanitor.3164

SgtJanitor.3164

Love the feedback we have been getting since we first started.

We’re still a little new to this but hopefully we’ll be able to impress everyone with some of the things we have planned for the future.

Heurix
Authorized Shoutcaster for ArenaNet, ESL, and DPS

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Awesome sucks I missed it, nice to hear these types of tournaments are taking place.

in PvP

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

any video link?

Dry Leaves

in PvP

Posted by: NordicNinja.5476

NordicNinja.5476

DPS Event Coordinator & Tools Developer
- Bear Cav