Damage needs a nurf.

Damage needs a nurf.

in PvP

Posted by: Spitu.8657

Spitu.8657

All of it. crit, condition, base, etc… It seems pretty much pointless to do anything but a glass cannon build because defense stats don’t seems to help much. Right now its just a game of who can pop all there skills faster.

To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands,
but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.

Damage needs a nurf.

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Actually it is the opposite of what you think. It’s pointless to go glass cannon spec because you will die too fast to do anything (unless you are some class that can burst and run away without being detected)

Damage needs a nurf.

in PvP

Posted by: Selix.5670

Selix.5670

Really, because there are plenty of videos of people tanking full on burst specs for a long time.

Damage needs a nurf.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It’s probably still a little too soon to fairlykitten the situation but given the prevalence of glass cannon builds, the high demand for Berserker and Rage gear and the respective damage output, I believe the OP is right.

Some classes at least seem to benefit significantly more from stacking offensive stats than they do from going defensive. The only class I’ve seen where defensive stacking really pays off in PvP is a Guardian. Defensive Warriors seem to live longer, but without being able to kill their attacker.

Dodge already adds a certain base-line survivability to every class and some classes like Thieves have complementary utility.

As a Thief, stacking defensive stats isn’t nearly as effective as going full glass cannon.

Going glass cannon roughly triples your damage output compared to a defensive build while all the defensive build is really good for is capping flags and harassing.

Damage needs a nurf.

in PvP

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

I’ve tanked hundred blades as a thief multiple times. People are getting 1 shot or just being pure trash in sPvP and dying once or twice to the class they whine about and then coming on the forums and crying nerf/SO OP.

CD