Damage should interrupt someone rezzing

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The downed state is by far the worst feature I have ever seen implemented into an PvP MMO. It just shows an utter disregard for so many established concepts for no gain whatsoever.

Anyway, I don’t want to continue ranting about the downed state, terrible as it is, but rather request a specific feature.

Currently, another player can rezz someone from downed state quicker than it takes to execute the finishing move, especially if you consider all the interrupts. In some cases they can even outrezz a character DPSing the downed one.

This makes it virtually impossible to achieve anything. Not everyone has a 3 second interrrupt availble all the time. Some classes don’t even have any interrrupts.

Why can’t direct damage simply interrupt friendly rezzing for a few seconds, similar to what it does with the self-rezz?

Sounds entirely reasonable and would make downed state just an ounce less annoying.

in PvP

Posted by: Noctred.6732

Noctred.6732

Why can’t direct damage simply interrupt friendly rezzing for a few seconds, similar to what it does with the self-rezz?.

Because then, with the amount of AoE splash damage in the game, it would be literally impossible to ever revive anyone in a team fight with the sole exception being mist form and maybe one or two other abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

The downed state is fine in sPvP. People just hate it because they think downing someone is automatic win in every situation and need to get over this mentality.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirevanac.3178

Sirevanac.3178

I take advantage of people trying to res to kill them heh.

in PvP

Posted by: rainbowstylin.1358

rainbowstylin.1358

Downed state is fine. If you want your damage to interrupt the player performing the rez, just do more dps. If they’re not stupid, they’ll stop the rez and heal/play defensive, if not they’ll eat a bullet (so to speak).

Also what noctred said, It would literally be impossible to rez someone in the middle of an AoE Fest.

in PvP

Posted by: Selix.5670

Selix.5670

Down someone, when their team tries to rez them, concentrate your fire and nuke them down. Problem solved. If they stealth rez, use aoe. Downed state brings another layer of tactics to the game.

in PvP

Dee Jay.2460

The downed state is fine in sPvP. People just hate it because they think downing someone is automatic win in every situation and need to get over this mentality.

No, it’s because even if you do kill someone in a 2v1, it’s worthless because he’ll just rally once you go down.

It’s because no amount of skillful play allows you to overcome a number disparity.

It’s because of the unbalanced downed abilities.

It’s because it’s a tactical advantage in tPvP to leave someone downed, rather than finish them off.

It’s bad because it really limits tactical choices. Either completely wipe out an enemy force or it’ll be waste. No point in wearing down a zerg in WvW when everyone can rezz you in a matter of seconds.

It’s because for a game that prides itself with not having any targeted healing, rezzing is just that.

in PvP

rainbowstylin.1358

He rallies when you’re stomped. In a 2v1, down one, and leave yourself enough health/cc to outlive the other guy while you stomp the first. Failing that, kite the first while you actively attack the downed guy. Problem solved.

Imbalanced downed abilities are easily and will be fixed.

in PvP

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

No, it’s because even if you do kill someone in a 2v1, it’s worthless because he’ll just rally once you go down.

It’s because no amount of skillful play allows you to overcome a number disparity.

It’s because it’s a tactical advantage in tPvP to leave someone downed, rather than finish them off.

It’s bad because it really limits tactical choices. Either completely wipe out an enemy force or it’ll be waste. No point in wearing down a zerg in WvW when everyone can rezz you in a matter of seconds.

It’s because for a game that prides itself with not having any targeted healing, rezzing is just that.

Well if you kill someone in a 2v1 he won’t rally because he is dead.
You downed someone, you did not kill him…

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I disagree, Dee Jay.

I’ve successfully downed and killed two players before on separate occasions. Skill disparity does make a difference. It doesn’t happen very often, but I’ve done it and I player a Ranger which is arguably one of the kittenest classes in the game currently (although maybe a little better off than Ele).

The rest of the stuff you mention I see no issues with as it adds another level of game play, except maybe the downstate abilities; some of them could use some love.

Not to mention, no one should be winning 2v1’s versus competent players anyway, at least not consistently.

in PvP

Posted by: Obi.9365

Obi.9365

Generally you do not attempt to down someone in tPvP, without the use of stability. If you don’t have a stability, someone with it, is the person who finishes them. Same goes for rez’s. Your wasting your time, unless the two of you are alone.

Dmg interrupting a rez is just silly. AE would mean no one ever gets rez’d, and every team has AE. I cant agree with adding such a mechanic.

However, downed state skills need to get balanced. Some classes are to strong, others completely useless..

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

They’re not going to remove it.
The reason you’re having so much trouble with downed state is because you’re focusing on your dps.
It is easy to overcome a number disparity if you’re prepared for their downed state. I’m not convinced you care to get better, so I won’t say more.

in PvP

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

For future reference, you will be more likely to be answered, or your feedback considered, if you don’t start off calling the entire system crap, and being just a general kitten about it.

in PvP

Dee Jay.2460

You can defend downed state as much as you like it still doesn’t change how incredibly stupid it is that you cannot stop someone from rezzing without an interrupt ability, something not every class has.

And that you can heal someone faster than someone can deal damage to them, especially if you account for the self-healing.

Someone goes down: Time to finish: 3 second animation Time to rezz by ally: 2 second with self-healing.

Yeah…sounds fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Dabu.1258

Dabu.1258

i want a RED BUTTON for suicide x’ D

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

You can defend downed state as much as you like it still doesn’t change how incredibly stupid it is that you cannot stop someone from rezzing without an interrupt ability, something not every class has.

And that you can heal someone faster than someone can deal damage to them, especially if you account for the self-healing.

Someone goes down: Time to finish: 3 second animation Time to rezz by ally: 2 second with self-healing.

Yeah…sounds fine.

name class that doesn’t have interrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

I agree with OP completely.Downed state mechanic minimizes value of skillful play in spvp and wvw when outnumbered.Yes there are interruption skills and stability but you need those to survive in situation when outnumbered especially against professions with high burst damage and lot of cc abilities, which means they are more than likely unavailable for interrupting rez too.You are also losing valuable time to finish off one person that you should be able to use to fight his teammate.Even if you finish off one guy the other one will most probably kill you because you are sitting duck for a few seconds.Most of spvp battles i was in were won or lost because winning team had just 1 more player (90% or more) and one of the main reasons is downed state mechanic.

in PvP

rainbowstylin.1358

The only people here I see having an issue with it are people who as milo said, aren’t preparing themselves for the stomp, or people who don’t bring anything other than damage utilities and cry about not having stability. Every class has access to it, in multiple forms.

The downed state is fine, with the exception of some classes having imba downed skills, and others having totally useless.

in PvP

Posted by: Isabis.9561

Isabis.9561

How to ENORMOUSLY increase your chance to win a team fight:
1. Get bunker guardian
2. Make him spec into 2 Stability utility skills
3. Gz, your chance to win a team fight has now increased by roughly 50%

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

The only reason I hate downed state is that it gives them an excuse to keep mega-burst crap in the game.

I’d rather have no downed state and longer more strategic fights than artificially longer fights through downed state, simply because I find actual fights more fun than downed state wars.

This goes for pve as well.

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Downed is fine for PVE but for PVP it’s just a stupid, annoying mechanic that should be completely removed in PVP areas.

It’s not fun being the downed player, and it’s not fun having to immediately suspend combat and sacrifice utility slots in order to get the stomp.

PVP should be about the combat kitten not some silly 4-skill mini-game.

Barring complete removal of downed state in PVP, the OP suggestion of having any damage interrupt the channelled rez would at least relegate downed state contests back to where they should be: a relatively rare event, so that the primary combat, not the downed state contest, can take centre stage.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

in PvP

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

I know from browsing thief forums that you regularly play a backstab thief. Not having an interrupt is a conscious choice you made for your build, thieves if anything have the most freedom in interrupting compared to every other class. I also know that the run of the mill backstab thief build usually has Haste but does not need it to burst, use it to secure stomps maybe?

And NO, not all classes have liberal access to stability, if anything, they’re in the few. However, there are still ways to circumvent this. Five classes can use quickness to x2 stomp/res. Engineers can use Toss Elixir S for a stealth/stability stomp or plain use the Elixir S invul. Mesmers can still use distortion to negate any interrupt from the downed foe and so forth.

The downed mechanic is something you need to account for in this game, if you aren’t considering it in part of how you use your skills, then of course someone who is more adept at taking advantage of it can screw you over.

Because the game has NO healers, if there were no downed state, the game would be the zergiest of the zerg. The only complaint you can have about downed state is the fact that the skills across all classes aren’t balanced. Thief and Mesmers are a league beyond the rest in this regard.

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

I agree 100% that damage should stop it. I just had a tournament game where we were 3v3 at Foefire graveyard, very long fight. I downed one guy 3 times, another guy 2 times, I got downed 1 time and executed. Reviving a downed ally should only happen when the fight is over and no one managed to finish that player off. I work hard not to get downed, while players like those I fought don’t care because they have abilities allowing them to abuse this mechanic, taking turns.

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

downed mode just need some balancing. Actually it is in balance need for a long time allready.

Also some classes have too much stability allowing them uninteruptable stomping while other classess have no access at all. There are some other issues like quickness stomps, stealth stomps etc..

but anyway.. withot downed mode, the game woudnt be as interesting as it is..

if you have any issues with downed mode, then you have to find different way how to play in team setup..

in PvP

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Down state needs some balancing, but nonetheless i feel like its an important and in my opinion fun feature to keep in..

and thats alot coming from an elementalist who dont have any defense against a stomper in downed state anyway :P

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Downed State Pros:
Brings further strategy, balance and team work to the game. Should I stomp him or leave him? Down state emphasizes more team work; concentrating more on my teammates health bar and not just my enemy’s.

Downed State Cons:
Downed then instant rally to half health. There should be a down penalty of some sort, to give me a chance to down the other player before having to fight the same person with half health again, making the battle already lost. Or perhaps rally at 20% health with all cd’s blown.

Thesis:
Not one person should ever be able to take on two people alone unless those two people are inexperienced. Period. Don’t get mad at the mechanic because you had to kill him three times. Switch targets. Change strategy or blame that player next to you for not doing his job.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

I’ll get mad for killing a guy 3 times until they give us baseline interrupt abilities. It’s a game breaking mechanic for the builds without a ton of stuns. I’ve used my only stun every time it was up but just couldn’t do anything to stop this stupid situation. Every time the enemy gets revived in combat it’s the same as if a partial new enemy arrived, so it’s very significant when it accumulates. It’s unacceptable that some builds have nothing to prevent it. If downed state is a global mechanic, all builds need a global way to counter it.

(edited by shaolin.9716)

in PvP

Posted by: Zachariel.5463

Zachariel.5463

Pushbacks, knockdowns, stuns all interrupt rezzing someone..or just killing the player that is rezzing. Do enough damage and you can take them down. Not to mention they can’t fight back.

in PvP

Posted by: Zachariel.5463

Zachariel.5463

Also,

I tend to play as a combat medic when I’m on my mesmer as I utilize the trait that gives me a feedback bubble when I’m rezzing someone. So my advice that is that you need to learn to pick your battles and spec for team work. And know your enemy and what they can and can’t do. People are predictable in a lot of areas of this game. Use it to your advantage.