Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Yeah, it will take at least a year or two of farming for someone to get up there!
That dragon finisher better be kitten!

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Dest.7410

Dest.7410

Funny how PvE leveling curve is (almost) the exact opposite

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Mash Hog.5672

But being maxed level is nearly required to enjoy the “end-game” such as fractals and dungeons.
Having a high rank in PvP doesn’t allow you to do more things.

I think it’s good; it gives /rank a method of showing off because these ranks are not easily gained.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Yeah, it will take at least a year or two of farming for someone to get up there!

Who even stomps anymore. It is all about dps

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Dest.7410

Dest.7410

But being maxed level is nearly required to enjoy the “end-game” such as fractals and dungeons.
Having a high rank in PvP doesn’t allow you to do more things.

I think it’s good; it gives /rank a method of showing off because these ranks are not easily gained.

Agreed

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

You have Bear and Tiger in the incorrect order. But I like the chart! Makes me feel very small and insignificant. Maybe I’ll just come to this thread instead of searching for “humiliation” on an adult website next time I feel the need to do so.

(edited by Theplayboy.6417)

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

You don`t get it.
If there was a way to get massive glory via unquestionable demonstration of skill, then yes. As it is now, tournaments are commonly accepted as a better indicator of skill, but it gives far less glory than hotjoining. Praise your hotjoin farming overlords.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

JESUS CHRIST.

Who is the genious in arenanet that had the amazing idea of implementing this system?

Either scrap this system, or add a multiplier to the amount of glory you win. It would be nice if this multiplier was affected by your rating or wins streak.

Up Rerroll

(edited by Rerroll.9083)

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Mash Hog.5672

Who even stomps anymore. It is all about dps

What about /rank in HoM/PvE? :P

You don`t get it.
If there was a way to get massive glory via unquestionable demonstration of skill, then yes. As it is now, tournaments are commonly accepted as a better indicator of skill, but it gives far less glory than hotjoining. Praise your hotjoin farming overlords.

I never said it is an expression of skill, but it is something that needs work to achieve no matter which way you spin it; achievements like these still deserve to be displayed with pride.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

(edited by Mash Hog.5672)

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

JESUS CHRIST.

I knew it was a huge work to get to the top but after seeing this… omg

Can someone integrate the graphic and tell me how far am I being r49 after 8 months.

Who is the genious in arenanet that had the amazing idea of implementing this system?

You’ve got about 7 years to go

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

7 years…

will we be esports by then?

Up Rerroll

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Mash Hog.5672

I’m quite sure that they will implement better ways to get glory as the game evolves towards an end-game playstyle.

I’ve personaly stopped watching my bar and every time I get close to ranking up, it is a pleasant surprise rather than “FINALLY”.

My recommendation to everyone is to stop worrying about points and start worrying about the game; this would make the game-play seem much faster and make it much more competitive and entertaining.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

I also just realized 1-49 is as long as 79-80

Mother of god.

So if i ever hit r79, it will take me 8 more months to be 80.

Up Rerroll

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Seems like somebody here never had seen how was the scaling of GW1 Pvp titles…. :p

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.4386

Authority.4386

That curve is an overkill. There will be GW3 before at least 5 ppl get to r80.
One would be more motivated to play if the new rewards were available every 5 ranks instead of 10.

I suggest adding 1k glory token available in shop for 1 laurel (what do you do with your laurels anyway?).

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

If there was something worthwhile to do with all that glory, it wouldn’t be so bad. Heck, make level 80 only armor with the same stats (but different appearances) as karma vendors for a total of 600,000 a set (100,000 per piece). That’s still an overkill amount but the point remains, especially after seeing this curve, that this glory grind needs to be given an incentive beyond mere rank.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

Seems like somebody here never had seen how was the scaling of GW1 Pvp titles…. :p

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

It was the same in Daoc and some people got rank 14. So I like it.

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Anyone noticed that on the scale Bear comes before Tiger?

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

If only there was a valuable reason for people to hit r80…

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

kitten

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

kitten

kittens might be a powerful reason for some people, but I kinda like dogs tbh

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Anyone noticed that on the scale Bear comes before Tiger?

yeah, yeah… adding text boxes in an excel graph is a pain, i got ‘em backwards… someone pointed it out already… BUT. I’m too lazy to change it.

Sanctum of Rall

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Bear <——> Tiger

40-49 is Tiger

50-59 is Bear

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

If the skins etc from 30 or 40 and up was actully truely unique i wouldn’t care to much, but farming for years just to get the same skins i can get in a month or less in pve? screw that

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Stof.9584

Stof.9584

I suggest adding 1k glory token available in shop for 1 laurel (what do you do with your laurels anyway?).

I expect to see a lot of kittens (Endless Mystery Cat Tonic) in the mists, after the first 100 days are over!

Desolation EU – Necromancer / Thief
Top 100 Solo Q for a full minute

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

kitten

kittens might be a powerful reason for some people, but I kinda like dogs tbh

kitten > anything

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

As it is now, tournaments are commonly accepted as a better indicator of skill, but it gives far less glory than hotjoining. Praise your hotjoin farming overlords.

In hotjoins you play vs randoms and in tournaments you play vs randoms. Your point?

Anyway the graph is fine cause tigers are way better than bears.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Indeed, haha.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Honestly, they really have gone crazy with some of achievements/progressions. Just take a look at the wvw achievements, they’re even worse than this. Just look at the achievement for killing supply caravans. It takes 1 million kills to get it.

If you kill 6 caravans per hour (one every 10 minutes), 24/7, with absolutely no stopping, it will take you over 19 years to get that achievement.

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

You could build a house out of legendaries if you did pve instead.

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Honestly, they really have gone crazy with some of achievements/progressions. Just take a look at the wvw achievements, they’re even worse than this. Just look at the achievement for killing supply caravans. It takes 1 million kills to get it.

If you kill 6 caravans per hour (one every 10 minutes), 24/7, with absolutely no stopping, it will take you over 19 years to get that achievement.

Yeah it’s kittening kitten #8230;

I’d rather see them remove the rank requirement for the gear and just make them cost lots of glory instead. Or make rank points scale with rank, similar to how exp scales with level in pve. Or if i could buy the skins from gemstore.
Atm i would almost pay some chinese farmer to farm rank points for me just so i can get the look i want, but seems like even they think it’s to tedious to farm hotjoin to rank up -_-

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Stof.9584

Stof.9584

Hilarious or depressing? Can’t decide.

Desolation EU – Necromancer / Thief
Top 100 Solo Q for a full minute

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

^ This.

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: Demonsoul.9271

Demonsoul.9271

I enjoy systems like this and hope they keep it in place. It gives a huge long-term goal that is immensely satisfying to progress towards since only a few people in the world will achieve it.

That said, I look forward to when they implement a more skill-oriented system in addition to this one.

You guys have to realize a system such as this isn’t meant to bring instant gratification, and there are other roads you can take toward that satisfaction (e.g. leaderboards).

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

That said, I look forward to when they implement a more skill-oriented system in addition to this one.

^

Most people only care about how hard it is to get their gear, and not as much about the actual look of it.

Back in the day when you saw someone with full Paid tourny gear you were like “daaaaaamnnnnn”

now its more like “meh”

Dat Curve!

in PvP

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

I’m quite sure that they will implement better ways to get glory as the game evolves towards an end-game playstyle.

I’ve personaly stopped watching my bar and every time I get close to ranking up, it is a pleasant surprise rather than “FINALLY”.

My recommendation to everyone is to stop worrying about points and start worrying about the game; this would make the game-play seem much faster and make it much more competitive and entertaining.

I feel ya man, especially since the implementation of the community driven tournies now. My goal is to win those, and get better for those, rather than to get gear and ranks.

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter