Day 10 in Diamond

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Feralnex.4072

Feralnex.4072

I’m really disappointed with this season and the worst thing about it is that we have to pay for Anet mistakes. Plz don’t tell me that you’re fine with this season, that you got into legendary division because You wasn’t in MMRHELL. If You don’t believe me just go to different account and lose 5-10 matches at the beggining in ruby div and than try to get into diamond div, You’ll get what I’m talking about. I’m in diamond for 10 days and still no progress. As far as i could get was tier 2, then i lost it all, never had winstreak since i got into diamond and my winrate is 2 wins in 10 matches. Thanks Anet for destroying game, i hope you’re proud that You’re lying us since the beggining (I’m not talking now about PvP only). It made me hate this game. Time to find something better.

Attachments:

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Dace.2697

Dace.2697

I am with you. This season just killed my passion for pvp and GW2. I used to love pvp, but after just three unlucky lose streaks in Diamond. I just can’t stop my free fall the last few days. I don’t know what happened, but for some reason match making was never competitive. Time to uninstall and move on. For the sake of the remaning pvp players. Anet, please do fix the macth making for next season.

Attachments:

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Sorry, most people blame MMR but I say its actually your poor playing styles. Unless you post videos of how you play no one will believe you. Everyone who cries MRRhell think they deserve to be in legendary when they simply don’t.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

Balance is a huge problem since sPvP started (so like, since release?) but MMR certainly isn’t. I get paired with idiots all the time at 60% winrate, but it’s not because they can’t play, they just don’t want to. I can only assume that at ~40% you’re getting more idiots, that’s all.

They are probably not that bad players, however (remember if they are in diamond they got through their own MMR hell, so hell is others, huh?), and you’re all just trolling each other in chat instead of actually adapting your playstyles. A short example, I am usually the only one to switch to/from support when we don’t have enough of it/have too much of it on the team, while most people simply claim “lol I’ll play thief even tho we have 3 necros and a mesmer, gl guys”. And this single, simple act took me solo queueing from ~40% to ~60% winrate.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Feralnex.4072

Sorry, most people blame MMR but I say its actually your poor playing styles. Unless you post videos of how you play no one will believe you. Everyone who cries MRRhell think they deserve to be in legendary when they simply don’t.

I said that if you don’t believe me just try it from beggining and lose 5-10 matches ruby and then try to get into diamond div. READ next time, You have to check it by yourself.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Why it seems that almost everyone claiming to be in “MMR-hell” doesn’t even have proper keybindings?
I thought it is common-sense that the standart ones are terrible for advanced PvP.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Why it seems that almost everyone claiming to be in “MMR-hell” doesn’t even have proper keybindings?
I thought it is common-sense that the standart ones are terrible for advanced PvP.

They reached diamond so they did really good. I think he has a Razer Naga where binding 1-0 is reasonable as those skills are a thumb click away. The f1 and such skills on the other hand…

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Feralnex.4072

They reached diamond so they did really good. I think he has a Razer Naga where binding 1-0 is reasonable as those skills are a thumb click away. The f1 and such skills on the other hand…

I have Logitech g600

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

I’m really disappointed with this season and the worst thing about it is that we have to pay for Anet mistakes. Plz don’t tell me that you’re fine with this season, that you got into legendary division because You wasn’t in MMRHELL. If You don’t believe me just go to different account and lose 5-10 matches at the beggining in ruby div and than try to get into diamond div, You’ll get what I’m talking about. I’m in diamond for 10 days and still no progress. As far as i could get was tier 2, then i lost it all, never had winstreak since i got into diamond and my winrate is 2 wins in 10 matches. Thanks Anet for destroying game, i hope you’re proud that You’re lying us since the beggining (I’m not talking now about PvP only). It made me hate this game. Time to find something better.

do i believe in MMR hell? yes. after a week from the start of season 2 i was already diamond T7 and for 4 days i stayed there with w/l/w/l/w/l/l/l/w but i did go out. so no point blaming anet because, other can get out of it im sure u can too.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Coronit.9432

I have Logitech g600

Me too, great one.
So I hope your bindings are partly on it and its just not shown cause of being listed as second one. Maybe change that so its easy to see that you have proper keybindings. Informations like that are very important to get better solutions quickly.
Offering a screenshot with base-keybinds shown doesn’t give a good first impression. ^^

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Feralnex.4072

Ye so i tried Stronghold for the first time in this season and watch the screenshot, I just lost few minutes ago. Still awesome matchmaking guys? And don’t worry, I played a lot Strongolds before season lunch, i’m not unexp coz i bet many of You would like to write so.

Attachments:

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Servant.4053

Servant.4053

@forestqueen:
“Sorry, most people blame MMR but I say its actually your poor playing styles. Unless you post videos of how you play no one will believe you. Everyone who cries MRRhell think they deserve to be in legendary when they simply don’t.”

Another example for forgetting about:" Just walk in my shoes, before you judge me"

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Ye so i tried Stronghold for the first time in this season and watch the screenshot, I just lost few minutes ago. Still awesome matchmaking guys? And don’t worry, I played a lot Strongolds before season lunch, i’m not unexp coz i bet many of You would like to write so.

Stronghold is very hit or miss. People that queue stronghold typically dedicate themselves to it especially teams (you were against a fourman and a scrapper). The worst is whenever someone gets behind your doorbreakers and no one else is there but you to defend them, then you know defending them is a lost cause so you proceed to kill theirs and if their whole team is in your lane you may as well.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I actually think that towards the end of a division or the beginning of a new one is the worst possible place for matchmaking?

Why? When someone crosses into a new division, they use that as a chance to work on their profession achievements. So, they play a class where they are not very skilled.

I’ve seen people in diamond that have lower skills than someone in division 2. They will tell you they are playing a different character.

ANET really needs to remove the 10 win on an alt achievement.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I sympathize OP, I got to T5 diamond before losing it all due to “MMR hell” which was really just bad players trying to do their profession dailies. Had like 90% lose rate at some point.

Had to grind at it for a few days to get out of losing all my pips and back to T3-4 diamond before I started getting back on track to legend.

Those players I had were by far the worst out of the entire league, even worse than amber/emerald when I was moving up early in the season. Idk how they got to diamond or why the matchmaker puts me with them but yeah.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I think i spent almost 2? weeks in ruby, about a week? in diamond. I probably didn’t do myself a favor by playing vanilla thief till end of ruby or playing thief in generally (not to mention i have a job so i don’t have much time to pvp from begin with) but i don’t care much about divisions really, i just want to have fun. Eventually i got to legend so idk what all the fuss is about. Legend/diamond are barely better than ruby imo.

The leagues are still too close to farmboards so i am sure a lot of players will reach legend just by farming anyway.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I’m confused why everyone thinks they should get to legendary each season, maybe you capped off at diamond?

triggered

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

You will fair better if you find a team of people to play with. Ofcourse yolo q games are going to be hit or miss. Seriously, ask in /map or your guild, or people from a game you won/lost it don’t matter, you will fare better playing as a team.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Remember guys…when u are on losing streaks its never your own fault. Always MMR hell, balance or some other factor where u have no control over.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Locuz.2651

You will fair better if you find a team of people to play with. Ofcourse yolo q games are going to be hit or miss. Seriously, ask in /map or your guild, or people from a game you won/lost it don’t matter, you will fare better playing as a team.

The thing is teaming up is great for social interaction…bad for matchmaking.

Lets say you as player are worth a 7. When you team up the overall avg value of your team increases. Lets say to a 9. The next day while solo q ing youre in a division that requires u to be a 9….yet you as solo player arent worth a 9. Youre a 7.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

If you’re worth a 7 and you become a 9 in the team, you’ll get 9 team mates and not 7 which makes it even easier?

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

Getting ‘stuck’ in ruby is a very important topic regarding how best league should operate. We changed matchmaking to make the ladder more prestigious and so far it has done that. Divisions are aligning with skill level much better than season 1. The product of this change is that the bulk of players who hover around the middle of the mmr curve should stay in sapphire and ruby. Win rate will level out at 50% because there are plentiful players of similar mmr in the same division.

To all those who dont believe in mmr-hell, read what Evan wrote. In theory with a perfect assessment of the quality through mmr, a player should have a win rate of 50%. A diamond player used to have a win rate above 50% until he reached diamond. In the case of OP the win rate dropped far below 50%, fishball’s win rate even to 10%.

In other words: The system doesn’t work!

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

At the keybinding bashers: Logitech is extremely difficult to properly keybind. Gw2 doesnt recognize any but two keys of the mouse. You can use the other keys. But you must do a complex bypass rythm. Say the µ-button (that you never use or reach), you put that in gw2 as ‘important skill activation’ for instance utility skill 3. Then on logitech, you forward a non recognized mouse button, to insert that actoin (µ-button). End result is you can still use the keys on your mouse, but if you change one setting, you may start all over to set it, quite annoying.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Coronit.9432

At the keybinding bashers: Logitech is extremely difficult to properly keybind. Gw2 doesnt recognize any but two keys of the mouse. You can use the other keys. But you must do a complex bypass rythm. Say the µ-button (that you never use or reach), you put that in gw2 as ‘important skill activation’ for instance utility skill 3. Then on logitech, you forward a non recognized mouse button, to insert that actoin (µ-button). End result is you can still use the keys on your mouse, but if you change one setting, you may start all over to set it, quite annoying.

Works just fine for me. Using all 12 side buttons and some even twice with the third mouse button. F1-F5, weapons-swap, set target, take target (clicking scroll-wheel-thingy sidewards), loot, autowalk, nearest enemy, #3 weapons skill, elite, dodge, interacting (stomp), 180 turn.
Maybe forgot one… ????
Works pretty smoothly for so many uses

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I use G500. Only the button that you use on websites for ‘next’, ‘last’ are straight into the gw2 keybindings table, to insert an action. All the rest, strictly from gw2 keybinding UI speaking does not exist. I have to use logitech software to bypass the UI not showing them. For instance + sensitivy – sensitivity are now, use elite, use toolbelt (above elite). They are not seen by gw2 UI.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

To those of you that believe you are in MMR hell…..

GitGudSon.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I use G500. Only the button that you use on websites for ‘next’, ‘last’ are straight into the gw2 keybindings table, to insert an action. All the rest, strictly from gw2 keybinding UI speaking does not exist. I have to use logitech software to bypass the UI not showing them. For instance + sensitivy – sensitivity are now, use elite, use toolbelt (above elite). They are not seen by gw2 UI.

I do the same thing with my corsair keyboard and my naga, it makes me giggle when people always assume people are using the vanilla keybinds because of a screens hit without thinking they could have their keys bound a different way.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Radu.1693

Radu.1693

I felt like I was in this “MMR Hell” for a while when I dropped from t6 diamond to something like t2, consistently getting those bot-tier team mates everyone dreads. Then I climbed back out and went from t2 legendary in one session. Its not impossible, just need to be able to carry enough dead weight.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Diamond is a hell hole. I am in T2 atm and usually switch b/w support class or DPS class depending on our comp AND enemy’s team comp. Today I tried ranked for the first time in 3 days and I got 4 necros in my team (I was an ele) and our enemy team had 2 mes +2 scrappers and a rev. I asked them to change and only one changed to ele and he was playing DPS staff build. I knew we had literally zero chances unless the opponents are utter trash which is unlikely. We lost the match ~280-500.

Even in diamond I am frustrated that people aren’t aware of team comp issues.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

What if I told you…

You’re not playing well enough to earn the Legendary rank. (at least, yet)

#MatrixMeme

Seriously though. Stop watching your rank, stop watching your teammates and start focusing on yourself. At the end of every match, start asking yourself “what could I have done better?” If you get several matches where you don’t have an answer to that, then take a break from playing games and start watching some pro league players stream. Every time they run to or away from a point, try to pay attention to why they are doing that.

If you start getting frustrated, log off or at least do something non-PvP related. Having a calm, focused mood is a crucial to playing well.

I guarantee you, everyone here has room to improve, but if you let your losses upset you, you won’t have the clarity of mind needed to pull yourself out of your rut.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I don’t know why people think that they should keep advancing. I have no clue whether there is an MMR hell or not but whats wrong with being in Diamond. Legendary is meanignless if everyone can get there. Thats the main problem with this whole thing is people think they should be legendary and if they can’t get there something must be wrong. Thats why we can’t have productive discussion on anything because everyone thinks they are a legendary caliber player. Full discoluse I capped out at diamond last season and I may or may not make it this season to legendary. Im about two tiers away so I would say I probably will but you never know I could lose 5 in a row tommorrow. One thing I know for sure is I don’t feel entitled to it at all. I am sick of the sense of entitlement that prevades all aspects of society. Someone has what I want but some invisible force is keeping me down. Now sometimes something might be but for most people there is no secret force oppressing them. Its tiresome to listen to the victim mentality coupled with a bizarre sense of entitlement.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

I don’t know why people think that they should keep advancing. I have no clue whether there is an MMR hell or not but whats wrong with being in Diamond. Legendary is meanignless if everyone can get there. Thats the main problem with this whole thing is people think they should be legendary and if they can’t get there something must be wrong. Thats why we can’t have productive discussion on anything because everyone thinks they are a legendary caliber player. Full discoluse I capped out at diamond last season and I may or may not make it this season to legendary. Im about two tiers away so I would say I probably will but you never know I could lose 5 in a row tommorrow. One thing I know for sure is I don’t feel entitled to it at all. I am sick of the sense of entitlement that prevades all aspects of society. Someone has what I want but some invisible force is keeping me down. Now sometimes something might be but for most people there is no secret force oppressing them. Its tiresome to listen to the victim mentality.

^ Totally agreed with this.

If you made it to Diamond, then good for you! That’s actually a pretty good accomplishment! Be proud of being diamond!

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

I don’t know why people think that they should keep advancing. I have no clue whether there is an MMR hell or not but whats wrong with being in Diamond. Legendary is meanignless if everyone can get there. Thats the main problem with this whole thing is people think they should be legendary and if they can’t get there something must be wrong. Thats why we can’t have productive discussion on anything because everyone thinks they are a legendary caliber player. Full discoluse I capped out at diamond last season and I may or may not make it this season to legendary. Im about two tiers away so I would say I probably will but you never know I could lose 5 in a row tommorrow. One thing I know for sure is I don’t feel entitled to it at all. I am sick of the sense of entitlement that prevades all aspects of society. Someone has what I want but some invisible force is keeping me down. Now sometimes something might be but for most people there is no secret force oppressing them. Its tiresome to listen to the victim mentality.

If you made it to Diamond, then good for you! That’s actually a pretty good accomplishment! Be proud of being diamond!

I m legendary. It’s nothing special. I don’t like S1 system, i don’t like S2 system. I m purely entitled in my wish to have quality matches. Kitten me.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

I m legendary. It’s nothing special. I don’t like S1 system, i don’t like S2 system. I m purely entitled in my wish to have quality matches. Kitten me.

Well, statistically it does show that you’re better than average, even if it’s not as prestigious as something like Glad in WoW. You’re entitled to your opinion, but at this point it’s kinda like arguing that the person who got a B on a paper isn’t special just because you got an A and don’t think it’s as good as an A+.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’m just curious how people would know whether or not they belong in Legendary or they belong in Diamond.

Maybe there’s not enough players who match your level of skill in a certain division or on a certain hour. Maybe people play just like you or maybe you’re going with the flow and simply expect a Rev to beat a Mesmer when… well.. you’re not realizing who beats who in the meta.

There’s a lot of variables tbh and i’m not accusing you at all but you might as well post a video of how well you think you’re doing in a match. Most people really don’t play as well as they think.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

I dont think, deserve or want to be in legendary and I don’t totally blame MMRHell but it exists and is a big factor for me mainly historical MMR which I can never change – also its a team game and not just about my personal skill level. I don’t have the skill to carry whole teams

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Locuz.2651

U can get up to higher divisions/tiers due to lucky streaks or teaming up. U cant go down afterwards due to safeguards like not being able to lose tiers or divisions.

So a lot of players are stuck at higher divisions and tiers than where they belong. To make things worse u get grouped with ppl that are in the same boat. Guys that are stuck at a higher division than where they belong who end up in everlasting loops of losses.

The only real fix is to remove those safeguards so youre able to lose tiers and divisions at all levels. That way you create a natural flow and u you drop or rise untill u play vs even minded and skilled players.

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: pyrates.5684

pyrates.5684

I must say I am pretty sad that so many people assume that all those MMR-Hell-Players think they deserve legendary etc… Whilst most likely all they want are something close to balanced matches with teammates that act like their division.

I was there, helped out a friend levelling up from Emeralt, lost 6 games in a row. The players you then meet in low-lvl diamond are absolutely mindblowing. I don’t say that I am perfect, but at least I don’t three-man cap close or try to steal enemypoint with an ele whilst said class is defending it leaving my fellow dps’ers die in mid because we only got 1 point etc.
You could argue that I just play bad, but when 4 people in your team have 0 points for an entire match then I feel it can’t always be me

And yes, I first also thought people get better in higher divisions, I was proven wrong.
-a player stuck in low tier diamond

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

U can get up to higher divisions/tiers due to lucky streaks or teaming up. U cant go down afterwards due to safeguards like not being able to lose tiers or divisions.

So a lot of players are stuck at higher divisions and tiers than where they belong. To make things worse u get grouped with ppl that are in the same boat. Guys that are stuck at a higher division than where they belong who end up in everlasting loops of losses.

The only real fix is to remove those safeguards so youre able to lose tiers and divisions at all levels. That way you create a natural flow and u you drop or rise untill u play vs even minded and skilled players.

Such a system would need to accompany scrapping MMR altogether or at the very least an MMR reset.

" I don’t say that I am perfect, but at least I don’t three-man cap close or try to steal enemypoint with an ele whilst said class is defending it leaving my fellow dps’ers die in mid because we only got 1 point etc.
You could argue that I just play bad, but when 4 people in your team have 0 points for an entire match then I feel it can’t always be me"

0 points = no silver, so I can see why they’d triple cap despite knowing it’s a bad idea.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Day 10 in Diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

I must say I am pretty sad that so many people assume that all those MMR-Hell-Players think they deserve legendary etc… Whilst most likely all they want are something close to balanced matches with teammates that act like their division.

I was there, helped out a friend levelling up from Emeralt, lost 6 games in a row. The players you then meet in low-lvl diamond are absolutely mindblowing. I don’t say that I am perfect, but at least I don’t three-man cap close or try to steal enemypoint with an ele whilst said class is defending it leaving my fellow dps’ers die in mid because we only got 1 point etc.
You could argue that I just play bad, but when 4 people in your team have 0 points for an entire match then I feel it can’t always be me

And yes, I first also thought people get better in higher divisions, I was proven wrong.
-a player stuck in low tier diamond

im with you, this is horrible.