Day vs Night

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

At one poster’s suggestion, I have switched to daytime.

So far today, I’m 3 for 7. Unfortunately it’s 1 win, 2 losses, one win .. so I am still making no progress. Compare that to regular loss streaks of more than 10.

Still, I think it’s pretty clear evidence that matchmaking is a major factor in my success and that of other players.

Mesmerising Girl

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

You are still playing in off peak hours peak hours are normally between 3pm- 9pm pst, peak hours are normally when normal people are out of school or off of work.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

Hi Ithilwen. I’m a long-time PvP forum lurker, rare poster. I’ve seen many of your threads and finally had some time to sit down and respond.

I understand your plight, maybe not from personal experience (I.e. tanked mmr), but I see where you are coming from. The poster above has a good point. It’s important to play when there are more players online. Regardless of one’s personal convictions about the MMR system, I think it’s fairly obvious that it is important to play when more people are queuing. Not only do you get much more bearable queue times, but your matches tend to be more even due to a higher player population.

The next point I want to bring up: does matchmaking really force onesided match-ups? Well, the answer is that we as the players do not truly know. We can provide personal experience to back our claims, but we do not know for a fact. Your personal experience would suggest that MMR hell is a real thing, and that most games are decided before you leave spawn. I would argue that sometimes this may be the case, especially when the mm system is making all sorts of decisions to make “throwing games together” quicker – we are bound to have some “unfair” games. I understand that this isn’t your complaint. Instead you feel all games are this way.

Although I have had a drastically different experience in PvP than you (based on your pictures, gameplay video, and posts), I can’t say you are wrong to feel upset. However, I would argue that someone whose MMR was lower than it should be would be able to outplay many of their opponents, and in the long-run be able to reverse losing streaks. Over 500 games this season with similar results suggests to me that your MMR may be very close to where it should be.

Just my two cents.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

As a counter argument, I’m running roughly a 50% win rate this morning. Nothing has changed except the time of day. I’ve also just reached T5 Sapphire, (starting from the bottom of T4 this morning, ) after weeks of frustration.

That being the case, 18 loss peak streaks and many around 10 losses are not justified. Nor is it accurate to claim that I am being held down appropriately by the matchmaker.

It’s the matchmaking

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Hi Ithilwen. I’m a long-time PvP forum lurker, rare poster. I’ve seen many of your threads and finally had some time to sit down and respond.

I understand your plight, maybe not from personal experience (I.e. tanked mmr), but I see where you are coming from. The poster above has a good point. It’s important to play when there are more players online. Regardless of one’s personal convictions about the MMR system, I think it’s fairly obvious that it is important to play when more people are queuing. Not only do you get much more bearable queue times, but your matches tend to be more even due to a higher player population.

It makes zero difference when you queue, one team will ALWAYS be stacked. The only difference is that during prime time, there is a smaller chance that one team will be stacked with significantly better players, and a closer margin MIGHT exist.

The next point I want to bring up: does matchmaking really force onesided match-ups? Well, the answer is that we as the players do not truly know. We can provide personal experience to back our claims, but we do not know for a fact.

Evan stated early in the season that the typical player spread was something alone the lines of:

4 v 5
4 v 5
4 v 6
5 v 6
5 v 7

The teams are stacked every game. The lead PvP-designer said as much.

Although I have had a drastically different experience in PvP than you (based on your pictures, gameplay video, and posts), I can’t say you are wrong to feel upset. However, I would argue that someone whose MMR was lower than it should be would be able to outplay many of their opponents, and in the long-run be able to reverse losing streaks. Over 500 games this season with similar results suggests to me that your MMR may be very close to where it should be.

Just my two cents.

Being able to outplay your opponents may win you a few more games than you otherwise would win, but it’s a team game and ultimately you are only 20% of your team. The other 4 players on your team have a very significant impact on the game given how close each capture point is. A team that doesn’t rotate or teamfight properly can lose all 3 points very quickly. Individual effort is incredibly marginal in a lot of games. I’ve held home point all game through multiple 1v1’s, 1v2’s and 1v3’s in some games, yet my team was consistently unable to capture either mid or far.

Being better than the other team helps, but unless you are EXTREMELY better than them, and happen to counter their class, it wont matter. A warrior likely wont be able to burst down a decent ele before support comes regardless of how good the warrior is.

In the end, it’s not a day versus night issue, or if you queue during prime time. If you want to win, you have to happen to play when your MMR happens to be on the higher side of your range.

One foot out the door, yet again.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

I have a feeling this is going to turn into another epic thread where she is forced to continually defend herself each time someone says she is a bad player.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

Diasozo zu Heltzer.8720

I feel the same way Sooloo. Good thing is, I can make a post like this and if they don’t agree I just go back to my life. No skin off my nose. They are obviously very convinced that the system is stacked against them.

There’s simply no way it’s due to their skill level. It’s not like we’ve seen Ithilwen’s gameplay video and know that there are many areas that could use improvement. /s

The people who complain about this are the same people in every thread… A VERY vocal minority. I’ll fade into the background again, refusing to post. Because I just get people like bLind quote and try to defeat every thing I say. If y’all want to message me in-game, let’s hop into some unranked and voice comms – we can try and identify areas to improve and hopefully it’ll help.
… if it’ll help you “win a few games more than you would have” – why not? Sounds like a good plan to me. Who doesn’t want to win more?

Because let’s face it, you’re not going to “beat the system”, but you can crush every 1v1 and 1v2 you get into, vastly increasing your odds of winning (especially in Sapphire).

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

I don’t agree totally with this concept of MMR hell. There have been plenty of cases where players, on long losing streaks, have passed over their accounts to others (yes I know TOS and all) and have proceeded to move them out to other divisions.

Day vs Night

in PvP

bLind.6278

I don’t agree totally with this concept of MMR hell. There have been plenty of cases where players, on long losing streaks, have passed over their accounts to others (yes I know TOS and all) and have proceeded to move them out to other divisions.

MMR hell is where you’re better than your group but not good enough to carry them. It’s basically where you’re marginally (and typically noticeably) better, but not extremely better to the point where you significantly impact the game.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

I dont want to be that guy, but if you tried everything and u still in saphire after all that, what do u think its the problem?
Do u think u have bad players and the other team esl players?
Try to accept that maybe u are not good enough ,its ok dude not every one should reach legend.
Just keep playing and u will improve, there is no need to make another tread saying u cant pass divs.
MM is bad i give u that much, but after all this time if u still in saphire u need to accept the truth.
Gl anyway.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I dont want to be that guy, but if you tried everything and u still in saphire after all that, what do u think its the problem?
Try to accept that maybe u are not good enough ,its ok dude not every one should reach legend.
Just keep playing and u will improve, there is no need to make another tread saying u cant pass divs.
MM is bad i give u that much, but after all this time if u still in saphire u need to accept the truth.
Gl anyway.

1.) She doesn’t wanna team up for a 4-5 man.

2.) People will always blame it on the Matchmaking. ALWAYS. Can we blame the matchmaking too if we have winstreaked?

3.) If this was ruby I would understand because you lose tiers, sapphire? this is a different story.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

As a counter argument, I’m running roughly a 50% win rate this morning. Nothing has changed except the time of day. I’ve also just reached T5 Sapphire, (starting from the bottom of T4 this morning, ) after weeks of frustration.

That being the case, 18 loss peak streaks and many around 10 losses are not justified. Nor is it accurate to claim that I am being held down appropriately by the matchmaker.

It’s the matchmaking

No, its not matchmaking. The only problem here is you. You want matchmaking to pair you with people that wll carry you. Thats now how it works nor how it should work. Legend this season is even easier to hit than in s2, if you cant advance then you belong to place where you are atm. If you disagree record a vid, post it so we can see if its the problem with your team or you.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

No, what shes saying is. If shes a 1 on the mmr scale of 10. She wants to be teamed up with other 1’s vs other 1’s and have competitive matches and a fair chance to get the wings. Thats all she has ever said. She knows shes not the best player out there.

Besides that, why can fractal legendary backpack be grindable for everyone in pve but not the pvp backpack, for everyone as well?

What would make so much more sense would be achievements that you could grind in whatever division you would be stuck in. Removing crossing divisions as a requirement. True ambers would be fighting ambers and there would be appropiate achievements that you would have to clear. In that way everyone would be happy.

(edited by sanctuary.1068)

Day vs Night

in PvP

bLind.6278

Gl anyway.

1.) She doesn’t wanna team up for a 4-5 man.

2.) People will always blame it on the Matchmaking. ALWAYS. Can we blame the matchmaking too if we have winstreaked?

3.) If this was ruby I would understand because you lose tiers, sapphire? this is a different story.

I had a 7 game win streak the other day, MM did me a lot of favors. I think two of the matches were anywhere near close, the rest were absolute blowouts.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

There’s simply no way it’s due to their skill level. It’s not like we’ve seen Ithilwen’s gameplay video and know that there are many areas that could use improvement. /s

well she did post her gameplay video in the previous season, many people did take a look at it. and she basically plays with one hand due to a past injury in the other hand.

Because let’s face it, you’re not going to “beat the system”, but you can crush every 1v1 and 1v2 you get into, vastly increasing your odds of winning (especially in Sapphire).

yeah, being able to play a profession that is able to win every 1v1 or even 1v2 will have definitely higher chances to making through sapphire and getting into ruby.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Still, I think it’s pretty clear evidence that matchmaking is a major factor in my success and that of other players.

That’s a pretty small sample size. I think you need to play more games but you also need to keep an open mind.

I think a big issue you have is that you go into these “experiments” with a set belief about what your problem is. You collect data but you filter it from the perspective that it’s all about matchmaking so from your perspective all the data always seem to point to your preconceived belief.

You play seven matches, acknowledge your results were somewhat atypical and yet you quickly reassert that your problem is strictly one of matchmaking.

I can’t imagine what would have to happen for you to be open to the possibility that there could be more reasons than just bad matchmaking hurting your progress.

To be clear I’m not saying that the matchmaking in GW2 is ideal. I’m simply trying to get you to be less dogmatic about your beliefs. Is it even conceivably possible that you’re not yet good enough to progress to whatever division you believe you’re deserving of?

Day vs Night

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

If it gave me fair and competitive matches, I’d be willing to be in whatever division was appropriate. I honestly don’t have much regard for the “legendary” division.

However, winning the wings requires crossing divisions. 4 division crossings is my very last hurdle.

The matchmaker is trying to prevent crossing, while the prize for which I have been grinding close to 3 seasons requires them.

What I want is matches set up with players of roughly equal skills. That’s what creates competition. Matching a known strong team against a known weak team is not competition.

Mesmerising Girl

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

What I want is matches set up with players of roughly equal skills.

How many players do you think fit that description in your current division?

Of those players how many are online when you’re queuing?

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

ithilwen, how have you improved your play in the last week? have you thought about why you lost a team fight or 1v1 and whether you made any mistakes in the fight? have you thought about or stopped doing those things in order to be less likely to lose the next fight?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Day vs Night

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@Israel

Yes of course I state things in the way most suited to my point of view. The culture in the forum demands bombastic statements.

Notice that I said “evidence” and not “proof.” I chose my words with the realization that it was anecdotal evidence. I also said “is a major factor” I did not say that the matchmaker was the sole or even the primary cause of my problems.

I don’t honestly care very much what division I land in. I do care about fulfilling the requirements to finish this quest for a legendary item that has consumed so much of my time.

Mesmerising Girl

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

How many divisions do you need to cross to get your backpack?

And check your PM :|

(edited by FLIMP.8172)

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If it gave me fair and competitive matches, I’d be willing to be in whatever division was appropriate. I honestly don’t have much regard for the “legendary” division.

However, winning the wings requires crossing divisions. 4 division crossings is my very last hurdle.

The matchmaker is trying to prevent crossing, while the prize for which I have been grinding close to 3 seasons requires them.

What I want is matches set up with players of roughly equal skills. That’s what creates competition. Matching a known strong team against a known weak team is not competition.

But if the level required for the game, or how the playerbase stands to provide, doesnt cater for the individual level of the person in question, it’s not a failure of Anet’s XD.

My 7yr has a GW2 account/character. Technically the wings/achievements are there for her to attain. However if she were to dive into PvP and come crying to me that she couldnt compete because the matches were to hard for her, I’d quickly tell her “You gotta git gud, or you’re kitten outta luck. Keep practicing, play to win, remember to GG, and eventually you’ll get the prize.”

Same thing happened when I stomped her repeatedly at Uno and she got down. Now I have to grit my teeth and GG her when she best 2 outta 3’s me XD

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Here’s a viable strategy in soloQ. If you find yourself on a good team, try to party up. Most of the time, if you have a team of competent people, you’ll win a large percentage of your matches.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Hanza.6872

Hanza.6872

No, what shes saying is. If shes a 1 on the mmr scale of 10. She wants to be teamed up with other 1’s vs other 1’s and have competitive matches and a fair chance to get the wings. Thats all she has ever said. She knows shes not the best player out there.

Besides that, why can fractal legendary backpack be grindable for everyone in pve but not the pvp backpack, for everyone as well?

What would make so much more sense would be achievements that you could grind in whatever division you would be stuck in. Removing crossing divisions as a requirement. True ambers would be fighting ambers and there would be appropiate achievements that you would have to clear. In that way everyone would be happy.

You list the two problems at the center of all these debates:
1. People want fair matches, but still expect to progress through the tiers. Its basic human psychology that we all think we are/should be capable of this. But the fact is, some just aren’t able to play up to top tiers. A 1 should stay in the lower tiers and have enjoyable matchups there.

2. People want the goodies. Even though Arena Net has stated that this reward is only for the better people. Now this can be discussed, since grinding is very much a possibility. But people cannot currently expect to be able to obtain the wings. You need to get good enough at pvp to reach the ‘wings’ level.

@Ithilwen: Just hang in there, there will be another season to complete this last hurdle you have. You don’t need to reach Ruby in every season, and you can still reach that in the last weeks of this season anyway!

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

2. People want the goodies. Even though Arena Net has stated that this reward is only for the better people. Now this can be discussed, since grinding is very much a possibility. But people cannot currently expect to be able to obtain the wings. You need to get good enough at pvp to reach the ‘wings’ level.

If this was true it would be a good point. Except that grinding isn’t a possibility, it’s the only way to get wings because of the structure anet has created. Maybe the top 0.001% of players can actually legitimately carry their way through matchmaking, but terrible players are reaching high legend, good players are stuck in ruby with MMR holes because of matchmaking vicious circles, and stronghold 5-mans go to legendary.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I don’t care about progressing in rank except insofar as it affects my getting the shiny.

It’s very clear that rank progression is dictated by; the matchmaker which is pre-setting results, mmr and teaming. Therefore, it’s pretty much meaningless in my opinion.

Mesmerising Girl

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Furious.1283

Furious.1283

Exactly my point! If my mmr is 1, I want to be matched up with other 1’s.

Thank you!

Day vs Night

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

I don’t care about progressing in rank except insofar as it affects my getting the shiny.

It’s very clear that rank progression is dictated by; the matchmaker which is pre-setting results, mmr and teaming. Therefore, it’s pretty much meaningless in my opinion.

Then you have been utterly lying about wanting fair matches. The reality is you can end up with “fair” matches and still not achieve the wings. Which means, your real complaint is that you cannot get the wings. Just because you have devoted time to something does not ensure the reward. Time is only part of the requirements in achieving them.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Thank you!

If your MMR is 1 then you should face only 1’s and stay in Amber. You should not be able to progress through divisions winning against people of such low MMR. You should have to beat people of higher MMR to advance divisions.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

You misunderstand. I don’t hold the pvp ranks in any real regard because I don’t feel the system is fair. So, I don’t care about progression.

If matches were fair, then I might have some respect for pvp rank and wish to advance.

I would further contend that, absent 2 seasons of deliberately unfair matchmaking,( and one of smurfing, wherein high rankers took advantage of a loophole to play in divsions well below there skill level, another form of unfair match ) I would in fact have advanced sufficiently to have the wings.

Mesmerising Girl

Day vs Night

in PvP

Furious.1283

Thank you!

If your MMR is 1 then you should face only 1’s and stay in Amber. You should not be able to progress through divisions winning against people of such low MMR. You should have to beat people of higher MMR to advance divisions.

I would improve my MMR by winning matches, fair enough.

Day vs Night

in PvP

sanctuary.1068

Thank you!

If you win vs other 1’s in that system, you are clearly better than your mmr range. Eventually you get to your skillcap mmr range and thats where your progression stops since you will get a 50% win/lose vs the other 2’s and not progress. Leagues would need minor tweaks to achieve that tho, one being remove tier safety nets. Division crossing should be safe tho.

But my point is, crossing divisions shouldnt be a requirement to get the wings. There should be appropiate achievements and a reason for pve players to continue to fight. With this higher mmr vs lower mmr system, they will eventually leave.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Furious.1283

Thank you!

If you win vs other 1’s in that system, you are clearly better than your mmr range. Eventually you get to your skillcap mmr range and thats where your progression stops since you will get a 50% win/lose vs the other 2’s and not progress. Leagues would need minor tweaks to achieve that tho, one being remove tier safety nets. Division crossing should be safe tho.

But my point is, crossing divisions shouldnt be a requirement to get the wings. There should be appropiate achievements and a reason for pve players to continue to fight. With this higher mmr vs lower mmr system, they will eventually leave.

I agree with your post. I’m, personally, not interested in the wings. It has brought a lot of people that have no intention to learn how to play but to achieve the wings. The wings should be removed. I just want even fun matches like one I lost to 499-500, I think that was my best match ever.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Thank you!

so 1s should be able to reach legendary playing against nothing but 1s while 10s having to play against other 10s?

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

is this consider thread spamming? i mean its always the same complain/person but diff. thread.?

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Day vs Night

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Yes actually. Your argument is a classic strawman, but I’ll answer it anyway. If a “1” wins against another “1” .. it really has the same value as a “10” winning against another “10.”
Assuming a fair match in both cases, the achievement is the same. Viz. Winning against another player of similar skill.

By contrast, a “10” hammering a “1” is no contest at all and not worthy of reward.

Your argument also presupposes that “Legendary” rank is or should be limited to top players. Quite a few posters have complained of bad play in upper divsions. So on that score the system has failed as well.

Mesmerising Girl

Day vs Night

in PvP

sanctuary.1068

Thank you!

so 1s should be able to reach legendary playing against nothing but 1s while 10s having to play against other 10s?

How it used to be before leagues, problems with that? Basically, if youre such a “great” 10, you should be able to carry your team to legend every match. Aint that rite? wink wink

Eventually there would be a big difference in who progress between top 500 and top 1000 and the rest of the playerbase. You will indeed have a small number eventually in legendary. How you always wanted it to be right?

1 mmr couldnt go to legendary because if they win alot in amber they will eventually face higher mmr of 2’s and maybe reach their skill cap. They face a 50% winrate and cant progress and at that point they maybe are in emerald. No safe tiers will prevent this. When a 2 becomes better his mmr might raise a bit and he starts winning, which leads to he face higher mmr of 3’s and then he gets stuck because of a 50%winratio.
And so on.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

If only you spent as much time in game as you did making forum posts you might be able to advance

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

well she did post her gameplay video in the previous season, many people did take a look at it. and she basically plays with one hand due to a past injury in the other hand.

I just find it kind of suspect that it claims to only be able to play with one hand, yet has no issue pushing out essays every day for this forum.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

(edited by Reikou.7068)

Day vs Night

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@RoRo

FYI I have something on the order of 15 games this morning, after having played last night. Of my past 10 games, 9 were roflstomps. One was 592-129.

I have 564 games so far for the season. How many do you have?

Mesmerising Girl

Day vs Night

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@Reikou

I do not claim to play with only one hand. My left hand is injured. I shattered my left elbow. The surgeon who installed the plates, screws and artificial joint managed to cut the primary nerve bundle controlling the hand. That paralyzed the hand and lower arm. Later, after tendon transfers ( along with some outstanding work by a specialist hand surgeon ) and PT I can use the hand.

What I said was that I control the game primarily with a gaming mouse ( a razor naga epic ) because my left doesn’t move very accurately. The left basically keyboard turns when my right is multitasking and presses forward and back. On the advice of forum posters, I also use a Razer tartarus which helps me be able to hit buttons reliably.

Mesmerising Girl

Day vs Night

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Yes actually. Your argument is a classic strawman, but I’ll answer it anyway. If a “1” wins against another “1” .. it really has the same value as a “10” winning against another “10.”
Assuming a fair match in both cases, the achievement is the same. Viz. Winning against another player of similar skill.

By contrast, a “10” hammering a “1” is no contest at all and not worthy of reward.

Your argument also presupposes that “Legendary” rank is or should be limited to top players. Quite a few posters have complained of bad play in upper divsions. So on that score the system has failed as well.

It’s not a strawman at all. Legendary should be the most skilled players. 1’s beating 1’s to get to Legendary should never happen. The more and more you post the harder and harder it is to feel any sympathy towards you. You have no desire to get better, nor do you have any desire to improve the system. You simply want the easiest path the legendary wings. Guess what? Not everyone deserves them..

Day vs Night

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

As evidence of my desire and effort to get better; I’ve learned 3 new classes, Druid, Reaper and Auramancer Ele. I’ve invested in a gaming mouse and taught myself to use it in addition to a tartarus. I’ve spent countless hours playing over the past 3 seasons.

Again, I consider legendary more or less meaningless. The deliberately unfair matchmaking makes it hard for me to see why I should respect a high pvp rank.

You are conflating two unrelated things; The “legendary” backpack and “Legendary” pvp rank. At no time did ANET say that the wings represented legendary rank. The only relationship is in the name. Hence, your argument about who “deserves” the wings is moot.

With respect to “1” beating “1” as opposed to “10” vs “10”… all else being equal, it’s the same accomplishment. Assuming a fair match, in each case the player defeated someone of similar skill. The assumption that the 10v10 pairing members had more overall skill is irrelevant because the relative skill levels are approximately the same.

Simply being “legendary” doesn’t carry any entitlement. That’s especially true because the rank has been debased by the various tricks and exploits players have used to obtain it.

Mesmerising Girl

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

But they progressed to that level while 1 vs 1 on a scale shows now real progression it would normally be 1vs 2 s to denote progression to accomplishing a goal

Day vs Night

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

As evidence of my desire and effort to get better; I’ve learned 3 new classes, Druid, Reaper and Auramancer Ele. I’ve invested in a gaming mouse and taught myself to use it in addition to a tartarus. I’ve spent countless hours playing over the past 3 seasons.

Again, I consider legendary more or less meaningless. The deliberately unfair matchmaking makes it hard for me to see why I should respect a high pvp rank.

You are conflating two unrelated things; The “legendary” backpack and “Legendary” pvp rank. At no time did ANET say that the wings represented legendary rank. The only relationship is in the name. Hence, your argument about who “deserves” the wings is moot.

With respect to “1” beating “1” as opposed to “10” vs “10”… all else being equal, it’s the same accomplishment. Assuming a fair match, in each case the player defeated someone of similar skill. The assumption that the 10v10 pairing members had more overall skill is irrelevant because the relative skill levels are approximately the same.

Simply being “legendary” doesn’t carry any entitlement. That’s especially true because the rank has been debased by the various tricks and exploits players have used to obtain it.

I’m not conflating anything. The legendary back piece was meant to be earned. Not simply handed out because you invested time into it. Time was one component of the reward, there are more and you fail in those areas.

1’s beating 1’s to legendary or crossing division thresholds is not and should not be equal to 10’s beating 10’s. Especially when you are pushing forward with a ranking system.

The more and more you speak the more I believe you do not deserve the back piece. You some how continually twist what was being stated by A-Net to mean that if you show up and play; you deserve the reward. It’s simply not the case.

Day vs Night

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator

[This topic was previously discussed at length in a thread that was already closed, this one is now closed as well. Thank you!]