Deadeye is the weakest new Elite (PvP).

in PvP

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

I have played about 25 games today, and it’s just bad.

I actually swapped over to my War and am thinking about maining it for the expansion.

DE has the lowest:

A. Survival
B. Mobility
C. Attack Speed
D. Damage

The only exception to this is if you chain together 20+ seconds of stealth and let malice build up to full. So you’re meant to be out of the fight and off point for 30+ seconds to try and set up a huge burst….that can be blocked, reflected, and LOS……because once you’re revealed you are literally about as strong as an NPC.

If this is what thief is this expansion, I think you finally succeeded in deleting the class.

in PvP

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

You must be doing something wrong, my friend is rolling around like crazy in pvp

in PvP

Luclinraider.2317

I swapped back to DD and am currently about 30-0 against all the DE theifs lol.

It’s just a bad spec for PvP…which is lame.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

You need to use the shadow arts tree noobs. You can crit for 17k damage.

(edited by duster.7013)

in PvP

Luclinraider.2317

For what?

So I can sit in stealth and off point for 30+ seconds to take 1 shot that can be dodged, Los, blocked, or even reflected, and then be useless and weak for another 45 seconds so I can try it again. While I leave my team 4v5 in fights and on point…..ya…..seems like a useful spec lol.

Even if you 1 shot someone…you can’t follow up the kill after downed because of how weak you are.

But lets say you do kill someone BOOM! Gj…now to reset it up will take about another 45 seconds, so you’re getting about a kill every 45 seconds……I can kill and entire enemy team in 45 seconds with D/D, D/P, or Staff…….lol

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

That prize goes to Renegade so far.

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

deadeye seems fine if you have been playing spellbreaker also..

in PvP

Posted by: Healingz R Us.7240

Healingz R Us.7240

Renegade weakest confirmed

-Rev of Boa

-Healy

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

go stealth 20 sec.. then you can insta kill your target..

20sec seems pretty fast for me for a kill in pvp, all from safe 1500 range

in PvP

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

Sorry but Renegade wins this battle

in PvP

Posted by: Faee.1439

Faee.1439

Renegade has the title here by a long shot

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

B. Mobility

I’m pretty sure Deadeye is crushing Scourge in the mobility department.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Juular.4729

Juular.4729

Play spellbreaker then come back here.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Renegade just doesn’t provide a reason to exist in PvP/WvW roaming. Weakest than core Rev, light years behind Herald.

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Play spellbreaker then come back here.

What exactly about Spellbreaker isn’t doing it for you? It’s pretty good from what I’ve seen.

in PvP

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Renegade just doesn’t provide a reason to exist in PvP/WvW roaming. Weakest than core Rev, light years behind Herald.

It will probably suck in pve too. I get it probably has good condition damage, but lacks everything else. Break stun on heal and 0 Condi cleanse aside for trait on legend swap, you won’t even be able to explore a map without getting 3 hours of cripple you can’t heal.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Try Power Renegade. That extra 150-300 Ferocity (based on traits) is probably a strong damage boost.

Disclaimer: I haven’t played Renegade yet.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Healingz R Us.7240

Healingz R Us.7240

Try Power Renegade. That extra 150-300 Ferocity (based on traits) is probably a strong damage boost.

Disclaimer: I haven’t played Renegade yet.

At what cost though?

-Healy

in PvP

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Keeping 100% Fury uptime is basically impossible ATM, or nowhere as easy as with Herald. Also you can basically use just 2 Wells before being forced to legend swap into something that has close to 0 Fury uptime.

Also Bow has way less damage than Hammer on power builds.

If you mean to take just the traits and use Hammer+Sword/* and Jalis+Shiro, in paper you have way less multipliers compared to Herald, that has more boobs and +2% damage for each boon. Plus party support, free toughness, usable stun break and so on.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Herald, that has more boobs

[…]

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Try out Mirage. It has clunky, nearly unplayable mechanics and is easy prey to Deadeye.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The Renegade is a PvE spec. It is mostly for raiding I think with all the personal and party damage buffs.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Also Bow has way less damage than Hammer on power builds.

you can’t think that way, sure bow has less damage than hammer, but
remember hambow? power build with bow on warrior, bow is condi weapon with way less damage compare to rifle and rifle sucked big time
and greatbow, gs/lb power war also uses longbow

in PvP

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

LOL you have to be doing something wrong, I literally was able to 2-3 shot people with rifle, p/p, d/d and s/d ….. did not even need to stack malice to full

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

LOL you have to be doing something wrong, I literally was able to 2-3 shot people with rifle, p/p, d/d and s/d ….. did not even need to stack malice to full

This doesnt really prove anything of their skill. A deadeye has a hard time vs any class used by a player that are good at his class, while deadeye does score kills if u manage to nail that small open window for dmg

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

If you inflict low damage or think that deadeye is the worst class in sPvP you’re seriously doing something wrong

in PvP

Posted by: Old Dirty Bantha.2709

Old Dirty Bantha.2709

Pretty sure Renegade is much worse, with Firebrand a close 2nd. Everything else I have seen can at least survive or do decent damage. I got hit for 15k by a deadeye straight out of stealth and basically one shot….. Firebrand can’t even cast or summon a tome in the time it took Deadeye to kill me.

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Try to play it with tricks (withdraw & roll for initiative) and shadow flare + shadow step.

Now use the utilities as if you where playing on sword. You can stay on kneel mode since the utilities are used to move around.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

You are silly, OP. You think like a D/D thief when playing the deadeye spec? Probably you had unfavourable matches or it’s just l2p issue. I have played guardian for 2 years straight in pvp, and I find Firebrand to be underwhelming except for condition damage which also feels a little wonky.
Yesterday I made myself a deadeye. Never played thief in pvp for real, not even a single unranked match on thief and when I went for it on unranked or hotjoin, it was unreal how much of a blast I had, laughing out loud while popping headshots from distance.
It seems like a solid spec for me. It’s kind of risky, but with a good team you can easily take down cruicial targets such as healers, bunkers or hard carriers like mesmers.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.