Deadeye lacks damage. 107k isn't high enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Heapheaus.5238

Heapheaus.5238

As the screenshot show; deadeye obviously does too much damage compared to other thief builds. I recommend making trickery baseline and increasing backstab’s damage so daredevil can stay competitive.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

RIP Edison it was too soon

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

Yes…he stood there and did nothing with zerker amulet on, while you had zerker and had other people give you max stacks of might and then he stood there while you built up max malice.

In other words a scenario that will NEVER happen in real PvP. Why didn’t you just do this set up on a war w/ thousand blades, it would have hit way harder than 100k.

in PvP

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

Yes…he stood there and did nothing with zerker amulet on, while you had zerker and had other people give you max stacks of might and then he stood there while you built up max malice.

In other words a scenario that will NEVER happen in real PvP. Why didn’t you just do this set up on a war w/ thousand blades, it would have hit way harder than 100k.

If it does 107k with all those buffs it will still do insane damage without. You realize players only have 11 to maybe 25k hp if a tanky build?

in PvP

Luclinraider.2317

It wont do anywhere near that damage on a tanky target with toughness.

The fact in the end though is that these kinds of attacks will never happen in a real PvP match. You will never get to stand there stealthed for 30 seconds to get full malice, and have somone standing next to you doing nothing but spamming might on you for 30 seconds…….

And if you did get this scenario, then I hope I am playing against you and your friends every match because it’s a free win. Ill gladly have one person from my team be 1 shotted if it means 2 people are doing nothing off point for 30 seconds at a time. You’ll lose 100% of your matches doing that lol.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

If it makes you feel better the average death’s judgement seems to hit for 10-15k which is very balanced, kapa.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Been away from PvP awhile but isn’t that a ready check box up? If so match not even started? So powerful you are….

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Edison’s armor was obviously weakened from carrying Zorh all season.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I’ve seen 20-35k with full malice stacks

Problem is thief was running zerker amulet with DA & CS and you saw big numbers once exec kicked in.

in PvP

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

As the screenshot show; deadeye obviously does too much damage compared to other thief builds. I recommend making trickery baseline and increasing backstab’s damage so daredevil can stay competitive.

Nope, they need to increase deadeye damage. It is clearly too weak.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

scourge is more hilarious to me imo.

You have a massive AOE cone that hits for 9k damage if you spec into it, and your f1 can deal over 5k damage.

I mean compare that slow power shiro staff spell that inflicts weakness to torch 4 on scourge lmao. Its day and night.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

107 k should never kittening be feasiable in pvp even with 25 mightstacks and on a berserker amulet, what kind of nonsense is this? this is kittened. even without it will do insane damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

107 k should never kittening be feasiable in pvp even with 25 mightstacks and on a berserker amulet, what kind of nonsense is this? this is kittened. even without it will do insane damage.

That was 25 might stacks, all Spirits, Ranger Boons and Spotter, with full Banners from war and Rev Ferocity, and most likely with Edison wearing no armor and most likely had 25 stacks of Vulnerability was half health and just standing there doing nothing in that picture while the Thief in question was probably running DA/CS/DE after waiting 14 secs to get max damage modifiers, setting up for this hilarious almost entirely impossible to ever replicate damage in a real Pvp match.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I dont know why are you defending this, even with toughness gear and protection it would do 50k+ dmg.

in PvP

Luclinraider.2317

This post needs to be removed by the mods.

This post has done nothing but try and maliciously overstate the possible damage that can be done in order to have a class that is actually fairly underpowered already, nerfed.

Please read Sly’s post above. With this setup, an auto attack from almost any class would likely crit for around 30-40k. It’s a scenario that is entirely impossible to replicate in actual play. If I had done this exact set up on my warrior with Thousand blades I likely could have pushed around 250k damage.

The fact is the Average #4 on DE usually only has around 2-3 malice stacks and crits for around 4-8k.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

This post has done nothing but try and maliciously overstate the possible damage that can be done in order to have a class that is actually fairly underpowered already, nerfed.

Please read Sly’s post above. With this setup, an auto attack from almost any class would likely crit for around 30-40k. It’s a scenario that is entirely impossible to replicate in actual play. If I had done this exact set up on my warrior with Thousand blades I likely could have pushed around 250k damage.

The fact is the Average #4 on DE usually only has around 2-3 malice stacks and crits for around 4-8k.

So make a video with warrior doing 125k. This is evidence not some “with that i can do this and that”. Stop defending broken build.
Go to youtube you will find similar dmg videos with deadeye.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

It wont do anywhere near that damage on a tanky target with toughness.

The fact in the end though is that these kinds of attacks will never happen in a real PvP match. You will never get to stand there stealthed for 30 seconds to get full malice, and have somone standing next to you doing nothing but spamming might on you for 30 seconds.......

And if you did get this scenario, then I hope I am playing against you and your friends every match because it’s a free win. Ill gladly have one person from my team be 1 shotted if it means 2 people are doing nothing off point for 30 seconds at a time. You’ll lose 100% of your matches doing that lol.

You do realise that deadeye doesn’t have to hunt down healthy targets with all their cooldowns and health? They will pop heads off of tanks or supports when they are semi-weak or during a fight. In this case we won’t have any tanks and supports in pvp because they will end up as ducks to shoot first. Deadeye can safely wait out all blocks and evades or even reflects or just wait for the target to get busy in a fight for insta kill.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Luclinraider.2317

You do realise that deadeye doesn’t have to hunt down healthy targets with all their cooldowns and health? They will pop heads off of tanks or supports when they are semi-weak or during a fight. In this case we won’t have any tanks and supports in pvp because they will end up as ducks to shoot first. Deadeye can safely wait out all blocks and evades or even reflects or just wait for the target to get busy in a fight for insta kill.[/quote]

You guys seem to be overlooking that this games PvP is king of the kill. Doing the stated would mean 30 seconds to even 2 minutes just hiding…waiting for a chance to blow someone up. Well heck…let them have the kill, they just left their team 4v5 for 2 minutes…how can any of you possibly think this is a good play.

So it’s OP to leave your team for 4v5 for 2 minutes to secure a kill…..seem OP to the enemy team if you ask me because you are literally winning the game for them.

DE more often than not CAN do this…and lose every game. Or…they fight for a point, and lose every fight because of having no mobility or escapes….and they are still theifs lol.

in PvP

That was 25 might stacks, all Spirits, Ranger Boons and Spotter, with full Banners from war and Rev Ferocity, and most likely with Edison wearing no armor and most likely had 25 stacks of Vulnerability was half health and just standing there doing nothing in that picture while the Thief in question was probably running DA/CS/DE after waiting 14 secs to get max damage modifiers, setting up for this hilarious almost entirely impossible to ever replicate damage in a real Pvp match.

as others have said even without the ridiculously long set up it will still do kittentons of damage without. I don’t even see how one would ever think of defending such numbers. this isn’t 20 k or even 15 k. this is over 100 kittening k. he coulda nearly killed the kittener 10 times over. this is kittening kittened. why in the world is 107 k even needed for? it’s not that u get many more points for overkill in match. it’s straight up kittenation.

in PvP

just leaving another one here

in other words of 1 million can still be several 10’s of thousands.

107k is not kittening justifiable.

in PvP

edit:i can’t edit my last post.but i’m not implying or insuniating that deadye can hit 1 million. the 1 million damage is a hyperbole to show that just because normally the damage is small relatively percentage wise doesn’t justify if 100 percent equals an ridiculously large number.

just to let that out here. 107 k is not justifiyable in whatever way possible.

in PvP

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

the pic is clearly an exaggeration not to be taken seriously, as it clearly shows multiple buff stacking and a Zerker setup.

That said, I did get crit for 15/19k in a fair duel by this ability… seems kinda high to me, maybe we need to learn to counter/dodge it and it’s not really op?

I am not sure about how easy/hard is it to pull up these numbers, but if I am fighting on a point and some sniper come behind my back from Range and instantly 19k my ass from stealth, well that doesn’t seem very good…

Let’s not talk about WvW, good lord I can only imagine the Sniper cheese roaming builds.

little big wizard – Eu

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

the pic is clearly an exaggeration not to be taken seriously, as it clearly shows multiple buff stacking and a Zerker setup.

That said, I did get crit for 15/19k in a fair duel by this ability… seems kinda high to me, maybe we need to learn to counter/dodge it and it’s not really op?

I am not sure about how easy/hard is it to pull up these numbers, but if I am fighting on a point and some sniper come behind my back from Range and instantly 19k my ass from stealth, well that doesn’t seem very good…

Let’s not talk about WvW, good lord I can only imagine the Sniper cheese roaming builds.

All the buffs boons and banners in the world should not be able to give a class this damage in one press of a button.We had people crying about 12k gunflames but some people actually defend this.. Im at a loss for words.

in PvP

Posted by: Bratec.7136

Bratec.7136

Can you do math and show how for example, Ranger, would hit for 30-40k with this stack with 1 ability?

Prove your point.

in PvP

Sly.9518

Can you do math and show how for example, Ranger, would hit for 30-40k with this stack with 1 ability?

Prove your point.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rJcVCW_bwOs

Doesn’t need any setup from other players with all buffs. And was one ability…

And again to even get over 10k one character has to be marked for over 14 secs with a mark above their head so it’s pretty easy to tell they will get Deaths Judgement which has a large tell by its self….. and it needs to have Assassins Signet activated so again it relies on a decent amount of setup that can be negated extremely easily.

And Caedmon people will always complain no matter what look gunflame and Kill shot can still hit over 12-15k and doesn’t require as much setup…… but hey facts are pesky things aren’t they…

But hey hopefully there is enough competence before launch that all the ridiculous things on these ES gets toned down since they have a month to analyze 3 days worth of data……..

(edited by Sly.9518)

in PvP

Posted by: Bratec.7136

Bratec.7136

Prove your point.

1. It is not normal and any Ranger will say this, and this will be fixed.
2. You say ability with 107k dmg is normal .

in PvP

Sly.9518

Prove your point.

No 107k isn’t normal and required a ridiculous amount of setup, thatas where reading comprehension comes into play, 2 you asked for proof of Ranger doing over 30k on one skill I provided the proof which didn’t require any setup, you try to claim that doesn’t count claiming it’s unrealistic but hey the Ranger didn’t need 4 other classes to buff them to achieve those numbers and it’s not like Rangers aren’t capable of locking people down with immobs or knock downs to almost guarantee those types of attacks from landing……. funny.

The thing with the Thief damage that to get any large numbers from that skill requires the highly visible marked target to be marked for over 14 secs, blow a few CDs be in a highly visible kneeling position that is essentially completely immobile and the skill has a large highly visble glowing beam tell connecting to the target before damage is ever applied on top of the player having to run a build solely dedicated to being glassy with none of the normal utility to do anything else essentially like D/D signets making it useless outside of that one Burst every 30-40 secs…… and let’s not forget it’s a projectile that is easily negated

The average Deaths Judgement hits for 7-12k with under the most realistic scenarios.

And like said Anet has a month and a lot of these skills will most likely be changed…

(edited by Sly.9518)

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

As a Power Rev I found the Deadeye EASIER to fight against then the other current Thief meta builds in PvP.

in PvP

Heapheaus.5238

Prove your point.

No 107k isn’t normal and required a ridiculous amount of setup, thatas where reading comprehension comes into play, 2 you asked for proof of Ranger doing over 30k on one skill I provided the proof which didn’t require any setup, you try to claim that doesn’t count claiming it’s unrealistic but hey the Ranger didn’t need 4 other classes to buff them to achieve those numbers and it’s not like Rangers aren’t capable of locking people down with immobs or knock downs to almost guarantee those types of attacks from landing……. funny.

The thing with the Thief damage that to get any large numbers from that skill requires the highly visible marked target to be marked for over 14 secs, blow a few CDs be in a highly visible kneeling position that is essentially completely immobile and the skill has a large highly visble glowing beam tell connecting to the target before damage is ever applied on top of the player having to run a build solely dedicated to being glassy with none of the normal utility to do anything else essentially like D/D signets making it useless outside of that one Burst every 30-40 secs…… and let’s not forget it’s a projectile that is easily negated

The average Deaths Judgement hits for 7-12k with under the most realistic scenarios.

And like said Anet has a month and a lot of these skills will most likely be changed…

just correcting your last statement; I can get 20k with 1 stack of malice on this build with the correct setup. When I say “Setup” thats against a full hp target with close to no vuln. This is Deadeye’s mark > kneel > DJ > boom 20k; most targets die. This skill hits much much harder than gunflame ever could have hoped. Yes even with that old bug where gunflame hit twice.

in PvP

Sly.9518

Prove your point.

just correcting your last statement; I can get 20k with 1 stack of malice on this build with the correct setup. When I say “Setup” thats against a full hp target with close to no vuln. This is Deadeye’s mark > kneel > DJ > boom 20k; most targets die. This skill hits much much harder than gunflame ever could have hoped. Yes even with that old bug where gunflame hit twice.

I have been playing extensively with every Damage Modifier possible the build with 1 stack of malice will only hit for about 6-8k on a target at full health but go ahead lol.

So yeah provide the proof of your 1 malice 20k hit on a full HP target with no bulb stacks in normal fight.

I will wait.

Also players in this forum act like there are zero Tells on this combo Burst like if only it had an Indicator over the targeted players head and at their feet or a large highly visible orange laser marking the target before the Burst ever hits or how about a kneeling stationary Thief

(edited by Sly.9518)

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Honestly, it’s just becoming increasingly obvious having two people design eight of the nine specializations ended up being a mistake on ArenaNet’s part, at least not without having more feedback from the community in the design process.

No matter how talented Gee and Huang are at designing these specializations, there are severe issues with multiple specializations that need a lot more work before they’re truly ready. Obviously Deadeye is one of the more apparent examples, but you can really look at most of these specs and say there are fundamental design issues with most of them.

Dropping these specializations into the middle of a PvP season with the expansion launch will be an unmitigated disaster. They’re giving themselves so little time to polish these specializations, and I think the expansion and the game overall will greatly suffer for it.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Heapheaus.5238

Honestly, it’s just becoming increasingly obvious having two people design eight of the nine specializations ended up being a mistake on ArenaNet’s part, at least not without having more feedback from the community in the design process.

No matter how talented Gee and Huang are at designing these specializations, there are severe issues with multiple specializations that need a lot more work before they’re truly ready. Obviously Deadeye is one of the more apparent examples, but you can really look at most of these specs and say there are fundamental design issues with most of them.

Dropping these specializations into the middle of a PvP season with the expansion launch will be an unmitigated disaster. They’re giving themselves so little time to polish these specializations, and I think the expansion and the game overall will greatly suffer for it.

None of the devs understand thief very well; at least not in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

everyone in thief forum wanted a sniper thief

i don’t even, if you want sniper play rifle warrior, i mean come on, long range one shot will never be health, specially with stealth

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

None of the devs understand thief very well; at least not in pvp.

I wouldn’t go so far to imply that they don’t understand any of the professions so much that it’s obvious having only two guys working on almost all of the specializations (with Karl working mostly on Weaver) has made the new crop of elite specializations a lot rougher around the edges than having 1 dev work on 2 classes each.

I’m sure with time these elite specializations will get balanced out, but with how long it took them just to get the Heart of Thorns elite specializations worked out I’m just not very optimistic…

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Yea, we ideally need 1 dev per class for next time. Or each dev only doing 2 classes (with 1 dev only doing 1).

Also I find it funny that one of the most ardent defenders of this asinine damage doesn’t even understand how to correctly build malice, considering he thinks it involves being stealthed for over 30 seconds……

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yea, we ideally need 1 dev per class for next time. Or each dev only doing 2 classes (with 1 dev only doing 1).

Also I find it funny that one of the most ardent defenders of this asinine damage doesn’t even understand how to correctly build malice, considering he thinks it involves being stealthed for over 30 seconds……

Yeah, the fact it builds faster when you are actually fighting means the high damage is actually even more realistic to see in real combat situations.

Not 100k high, but 20k isn’t unreasonable.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Seriously though, if Anet wants deadeye to be a sniper, then thematically it makes more sense for malice to build slower when you are attacking, to encourage long wait times while you “scout/sight” your enemy and then let off a really strong attack.

I don’t want this in game by any means, but it would fit the sniper theme better tbh

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

And the funniest thing is that this is in kittenty kitten sPvP.

In WvW, this kind of damage means 1 deadeye would instantly kill 20 people and blow out all the doors in SM just by looking down his scope and coughing quietly.

in PvP

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

So basically any class that doesn’t have reflects is screwed. And for the ones that do, the Deadeye can just…you know…not shoot until the reflect’s over? This is the same class that can jump you, run off and reset any damage they take and still come back fully healed while the target is still recovering.

So nothing changed after. PvP is still only good for reward tracks and dailies, the classes that were already strong got stronger, and the ones that needed something got a few flashy things, that look neat at first until one realizes that they don’t really work.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Lets be real here, while Deadeye can get some funny big-numbers in specific circumstances, its never going to be meta. It is strictly hard-countered by the old meta d/p daredevil.

You’re crying over a meme build which will never be used above Silver once Ranked restarts.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in PvP

Sly.9518

So basically any class that doesn’t have reflects is screwed. And for the ones that do, the Deadeye can just…you know…not shoot until the reflect’s over? This is the same class that can jump you, run off and reset any damage they take and still come back fully healed while the target is still recovering.

So nothing changed after. PvP is still only good for reward tracks and dailies, the classes that were already strong got stronger, and the ones that needed something got a few flashy things, that look neat at first until one realizes that they don’t really work.

Except Deadeye loses a lot of its mobility to even setup the Burst and you know there are other defenses besides reflects…… bronze must be hard…..

And again it’s not like there aren’t 3 large tells to it…….

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

Except Deadeye loses a lot of its mobility to even setup the Burst and you know there are other defenses besides reflects…… bronze must be hard…..

It doesn’t matter how many “tells” there are. Having one skill do more damage than some classes’ entire health pools is simply bad for the game, especially in a video game with tons of crowd control and visual noise, and especially on a class that already has plenty of access to stealth.

I mean, let’s be real here. It’s just not fun or engaging to fight against those kinds of mechanics. It either comes across as really low-skill cheese or completely unfair.

It’s the same reason why Holosmith and Scourge need some major damage shaving. TTK needs to be long enough to make combat engaging. I am not interested in returning to 2004 where rogues globalled people in World of Warcraft.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in PvP

Heapheaus.5238

It doesn’t matter how many “tells” there are. Having one skill do more damage than some classes’ entire health pools is simply bad for the game, especially in a video game with tons of crowd control and visual noise, and especially on a class that already has plenty of access to stealth.

I mean, let’s be real here. It’s just not fun or engaging to fight against those kinds of mechanics. It either comes across as really low-skill cheese or completely unfair.

It’s the same reason why Holosmith and Scourge need some major damage shaving. TTK needs to be long enough to make combat engaging. I am not interested in returning to 2004 where rogues globalled people in World of Warcraft.

Spellbreaker is very close to vanilla wow’s rogue. The build I run can completely lock down most classes.

in PvP

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Can’t say I’m surprised to see that number, I was kinda expecting around 50k to be honest, given the history of this development team.

Now here’s a rule the developers should probably adopt some time soon.
There should be no possible way to hit that hard on any skill no matter what class or setup in PvP, period. end. of. story. Go hog wild in PvE if you want where mob health is in the millions, but not in any form of PvP.

Also if any player wants to defend this rere situation, if you want to play sniping with one shot kills, then go play Ghost Recon, that should have no place in gw2 at all.

15k max crit damage is where the line should be drawn on any skill, if the developers want to continue pumping out skills with redonkulous damage numbers and continue to flood combat with conditions, then they need to start looking at adjusting vitality and base health pools too.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in PvP

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I used to be very vocal about rifle and thieves before HoT’s spec reveal and how I was against it. And this is exactly what I didn’t want to witness. It’s an unhealthy design that should have stopped at the warrior’s killshot/gunflame.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.