Dear Anet, Where are our Glory Points?

in PvP

Posted by: untamed kitten.4160

untamed kitten.4160

In-short, Anet never said anything about completely and totally phasing out our Glory pts until its patch on 15th April. Even your announcement by John Corpening on March 28, 2014 neither said nor highlighted or reminded us to use our Glory pts.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks-and-gear-unification/

As u know, Pvp-ers only had Glory pts to be contend with, they dont make gold or get any fantastic exotic drops, pre cursors excluded. Months ago, another developer while saying Glory pts will be phased out, even then said they are thinking/planning what we can exchange them for ultimately.

Has it come to this, suddenly robbing us of our hard earned Glory pts w/o due regard to its implementation, or the players’ valued tokens. We are not impressed.

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Years without working MMR/ladders, events official or community ran, and poor implementation, no GvG, no seasons, terrible rewards, etc…

lead to it turning into a ghost town except for a very few people, I don’t think they mind kittening off the 8 SPvP’ers still left from pre-patch GW2 lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/player-vs-player-rewards-roadmap/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/phasing-out-pvp-glory/

The removal of glory boosters from the gem store, the alteration in PvP rewards in the months leading up to the feature patch, the change in the PvP vendors. The feature patch merging the PvP wardrobe into PvE.

What did you want, a flashing billboard that the end of glory was nigh? Most PvPers I know went on a glory buying spree in the days before the feature patch drop.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in PvP

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I spent all my glory points before the new changes back when it was announced during the toxic patch.

What have you been doing since then?

in PvP

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

It was a fairly hot topic in mapchat for at least a month after the announcement with people frequently reminding others to spend their glory before it went away. It’s pretty easy to miss if you took a break from the game in February.

in PvP

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

They warned us WAY before the feature patch. A little before they added the Glory Vendor, if I recall correctly.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

They Warned many times , you really should start watching Ready Up and use Dev Tracker on the forums

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

untamed kitten.4160

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/player-vs-player-rewards-roadmap/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/phasing-out-pvp-glory/

The removal of glory boosters from the gem store, the alteration in PvP rewards in the months leading up to the feature patch, the change in the PvP vendors. The feature patch merging the PvP wardrobe into PvE.

What did you want, a flashing billboard that the end of glory was nigh? Most PvPers I know went on a glory buying spree in the days before the feature patch drop.

As per your cited article;

" Updated Reward System

With gear unification we will also introduce a system that allows players to set goals for rewards in PvP and work towards them. We are not ready to discuss this system in detail yet, as it is still being developed, but more information will come as we get closer to being able to release this system.

Once this new system is in place, glory will be retired as a currency, and gold will be the standard currency across the game. All existing glory vendors will be removed at this time. We will give advance warning when this is coming so you can spend all of your existing glory before that happens. "

The point I’m trying to put across is;

The announcement is vague and non concise or simply not specific enough, e.g " till that time ", " before that happens " etc. Even as late as 20th March, there was no definite mention about the cut off time to use up Glory pts.

As long as there are a minority grp of ppl who didnt fathom this drastic change, the announcement wasn’t effectively communicated, agreed ?

Your sarcasm about a flashing billboard is actually a very good valid suggestion to many. Maybe then we have less hiccups with the information disseminated, like Scarlet’s Lair chest etc.

(edited by untamed kitten.4160)

in PvP

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

OP, I’m pretty sure if tons of players didn’t know, there’d have been a huge outcry on the forums. There hasn’t been. This may be the first or second post I’ve seen on it, but that’s it.

Most people knew. Not sure why you didn’t, but again, the community is pretty vocal. If there was a question about it, and you didn’t know, I suppose you could have asked, but generally I haven’t run into anyone (besides you) that didn’t know.

in PvP

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

The point I’m trying to put across is;

The announcement is vague and non concise or simply not specific enough, e.g " till that time ", " before that happens " etc. Even as late as 20th March, there was no definite mention about the cut off time to use up Glory pts.

From the second blog post:

This post is to let you know that glory will no longer be awarded as of a maintenance build that is currently planned for March 18.

At that time we will also be removing all existing random reward chests from PvP. This means that all rank reward vendors will be removed and we will no longer be rewarding bonus chests for winning Solo and Team Arena matches. The bonus rank points that were awarded in these chests will become part of the end of match reward.

The glory vendor that was introduced in the December 10 build will remain until the new reward system is released in a later update so you’ll have an avenue to spend your existing glory, but we will be removing the Mystery Coffer from his selection of wares.

Seems like pretty clear communication to me, the cutoff period for Glory as a currency was March 18th, everything after than until April 15th was just a grace period for people who hadn’t spent all their Glory yet. There was nothing else you could do with Glory other than finish spending it once it stopped being awarded, so why did you hang onto yours?

If you were hoping they were going to announce some sort of conversion or compensation for unspent Glory then that would be an error on your assumption, because none of the announcements about the subject suggested there was going to be any additional information; it was simply “we’re retiring it” and “spend it while you can”, no “stay tuned for further updates on Glory” at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Also, if you read the threads in the PvP sub-forum, or followed the Dev Tracker, several times it was stated, ‘Spend your Glory now!

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

everyone has given lots of time to spent thier glory or open their chest by devs, if you failed to do that then its your fault. #glorytears

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Also, if you read the threads in the PvP sub-forum, or followed the Dev Tracker, several times it was stated, ‘Spend your Glory now!

And the majority of the playerbase read the forums, it is known.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

see what you did there, but ignorance has never been a justifiable reason. If people that want to use the resources provided then it is only really your own fault.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

see what you did there, but ignorance has never been a justifiable reason. If people that want to use the resources provided then it is only really your own fault.

Your second sentence makes little sense but I’m just defending the OP, I did spend my glory.

in PvP

untamed kitten.4160

I wouldn’t assume many would wanna shift thru the forums just to play a game or know everyone has to follow the dev. tracker etc, I may read some of the intended articles on the log on screen.

The developers created this game, the rules, merit / token systems, and to overhaul the whole pvp merit system wouldn’t be a trivial affair. As such, the onus is on the developers and team to inform us as best as they can. If i can receive messages about the new wardrobe system, why not prior notices about Glory pts if deemed important enough.

If this is Anet’s best, so be it : ) Thank you.