Dear Anet, do not completely nerf Necro!

in PvP

Posted by: loper.9034

loper.9034

Please, please, please, do not nerf Necro to the ground! They just became viable.

I realize that the Necromancer is overpowered. And it is, but this is not a reason to decrease the damage, condition damage, and fear duration without providing higher survivability beyond Death Shroud. This will completely eliminate Necromancer benefits and put it at the bottom once again. Remember, Necro is supposed to be the king of conditions and if they are not the best at conditions, than what is the point of the class. In addition, the new additions such as Dhummfire are not what makes them OP, nor is it Torment. These are helpful and necessary contributions to the class. The real issue is terror.

Suggested changes:
Decrease Terror fear damage to 40% Dmg
Make fear a condition, eliminating stun breaks and sigil of Paralyzation
Provide other classes more Condition removal. Guardian is the only class that has substantial condition removal.
Provide necros with more accessible stun breakers. Atm, the average cooldown is 48 seconds with one trait.

Do not repeat what you did to Rangers!

Ranger was given an average pet 50% decrease in damage without compensation to their damage as a whole. Yes, the BM Ranger build was slightly OP, but by eliminating the damage and not fixing the horrible mechanics of the pet, you only made rangers unable to contribute any damage at all. If your going to make us relient on our pet, create better mechanics providing us the ability to completely control our pets.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

…..

Provide necros with more accessible stun breakers. Atm, the average cooldown is 48 seconds with one trait.

Sounds like a complete nerf to me..

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: loper.9034

loper.9034

Well, if fear was a condition, than people would not be bale to use stun breakers to break out of fear, which is actually a buff. The sigil is the real nerf, but that is completely understandable.

…..

Sounds like a complete nerf to me..

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

Sorry, I’m English please ignore me.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Calm down ppl, Devs will change sigil of paralyzation to not increase fear duration, then they are going to reduce terror damage by 30-50% and thats all. They won’t decrease any other condition duration on any other skill or trait.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Calm down ppl, Devs will change sigil of paralyzation to not increase fear duration, then they are going to reduce terror damage by 30-50% and thats all. They won’t decrease any other condition duration on any other skill or trait.

can I take a look at your crystal ball?

in PvP

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I’m with you Loper. We spent the last 9 months hoping and praying for viability, viability that we now have. Please Arena Net, do not take this from us. The Necro community has struggled, protested, and fought for a chance to be made equal. I understand balance is going to be never ending, but stay true to your philosophy Arena Net, and don’t whack us back to the bottom of the hierarchy.

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Oh, so they are just going to put necro right back where it was needing a babysitter to even consider inclusion in a team comp. That calms me right down.

Dropping the sigil effect is fine, but dropping the damage from terror by that much impacts Necro significantly. 30-50% of 1200 (for round numbers) is 360-600 per tick on a condition that only provides enough pressure to be really dangerous if you chain 2 sources for 3-4 ticks minimum. That is a net reduction to burst damage of 1080-2400 while at the same time reducing the number of builds that can achieve the necessary duration by nerfing out the sigil. What you are saying to calm down about is a blatant overnerf. It reduces build diversity and overall viability both at the same time.

If that is the solution that A-net has planned, then it is a bad one, and it needs to go back to the drawing board.

I’m not opposed to some tweaks, but giving the class a massive buff followed by a gigantic nerf hammer in 30 days time without first letting the meta settle in is counter-productive and frankly, stupid. I’m hoping A-net staff are smarter than that.

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Clearly, something is wrong with arenanet reasoning. They claim they don’t want to nerf bleed stack to avoid nerfing builds other than 30/30/10/0/0. In other hand, they want to nerf terror when it’s only OP with dhumfire which will pretty much destroy any builds that use terror without burn! In fact, it will pretty much limit us to use 30/30/10/0/0. I mean, come on!

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

If they nerf terror damage by that much it’ll kill the terror builds that don’t also take Dhuumfire, of which there are many. It’ll force everyone into 30/20/10 builds to compensate for the huge loss in damage.

They shouldn’t touch Terror at all, it’s the other things they added that need to be looked at, including fear duration on Doom and Dhuumfire.

in PvP

Posted by: Kryshade.6075

Kryshade.6075

This is the worst idea ever. Terror is not the problem. Terror has not changed much from this patch with the exception of the addition of Spectral Wall which takes up a utility slot and is easily avoided.

If you nerf terror you force every single necro to now trait into burning. The problem people are having is the combination of burning and terror together. The trade off for this burning/terror build is basically being a glass cannon with no life force generation at all.

Terror is simply not the problem. To imply that it is is wrong. Terror was around pre-patch and was not OP. Terror post patch is not OP. I can’t help but laugh at all the people that think terror got some huge buff because it’s just flat out wrong.

If you want something nerfed then nerf burning because THAT is what people are complaining about. I personally don’t like the build, it’s way to squishy in my opinion and it’s weakness is only highlighted once you have a team that knows to focus the necro.

My recommendation is reduce the proc rate of burning, change the duration or something along those lines. People keep suggesting to move Terror up to the grand master trait, the problem with this is there are a lot of necros currently running 30/30/10/0/0 and that won’t change a single thing.

Leave terror alone, fix burning or change it to another way to stack torment and the cries will die down.

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

I feel sorry for necros. They’re going to get the ele treatment with blindfolded whack-a-mole nerfs that don’t make any sense and mostly miss what is actually wrong until they’re accidentally brought down to where people think they should be. Then they’ll take a few more random nerfs just for good measure.

The best part will be how 90% of the nerfs affect fringe viable builds while having modest effect on meta builds.

#believeinkarl

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Thanks for the feedback. We intend to watch things in the meta and make small adjustments accordingly for ALL classes, including the Necro.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Terror hasn’t changed. Its always done the same damage it has now since forever. Necros were considered weak and not viable before. Then ANet adds burning (nothing else changed, torment is frankly useless and has next to no up time to matter) and suddenly necromancers need to be nerfed, starting with terror? kitten? Doesn’t even make any sense.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.1275

Sabre.1275

Thanks for the feedback. We intend to watch things in the meta and make small adjustments accordingly for ALL classes, including the Necro.

Warriors dont need small changes. They need drastic changes: The class feels extremely unresponsive, slow, cumbersome. Its like I am playing underwater with an extremely poor connection when I play a warrior.

I dont think improving their traits alone or their “health” is going to be a good fix. Instead of tinkering with things that could make them overpowered in PVE, why not just speed up their animations, pre-cast time, and more so that they can actually do something in pvp besides telegraphing slow and unresponsive moves with a huge windup.

Even if you bring warriors to the level of other classes by improving their traits and abilities, they are still going to be awkward and frustrating to play as long as their slow animations, cast time, and weird mechanics (self rooting melee attacks) are left in the game. Warriors need an overhaul

When I push blink on my mesmer, i blink instantly. When I hit decoy, I vanish instantly. When hit throw bolas on my warrior, I wind up a throw and throw it half a second later, when I hit bulls charge I get ready to charge and then charge a half second later. This kind of discrepency in fluidity between the classes is unacceptable.

(edited by Sabre.1275)

in PvP

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

+1 kryshade, i agree. I personally like the build though. Being a killer necro instead of attrition is awesome. Since i’ve been playing it i see it has weaknesses though. Getting focused you are pretty much doomed. And against builds with a ton of cc is difficult to beat cuz of necros stunbreakers.

in PvP

Kravick.4906

Warriors dont need small changes. They need drastic changes: The class feels extremely unresponsive, slow, cumbersome. Its like I am playing underwater with an extremely poor connection when I play a warrior.

I dont think improving their traits alone or their “health” is going to be a good fix. Instead of tinkering with things that could make them overpowered in PVE, why not just speed up their animations, pre-cast time, and more so that they can actually do something in pvp besides telegraphing slow and unresponsive moves with a huge windup.

Even if you bring warriors to the level of other classes by improving their traits and abilities, they are still going to be awkward and frustrating to play as long as their slow animations, cast time, and weird mechanics (self rooting melee attacks) are left in the game. Warriors need an overhaul

When I push blink on my mesmer, i blink instantly. When I hit decoy, I vanish instantly. When hit throw bolas on my warrior, I wind up a throw and throw it half a second later, when I hit bulls charge I get ready to charge and then charge a half second later. This kind of discrepency in fluidity between the classes is unacceptable.

Now you know how necromancers feel. Everything we have has either a ridiculous after cast delay (enfeebling blood especially) or a long cast time.

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Terror hasn’t changed. Its always done the same damage it has now since forever. Necros were considered weak and not viable before. Then ANet adds burning (nothing else changed, torment is frankly useless and has next to no up time to matter) and suddenly necromancers need to be nerfed, starting with terror? kitten? Doesn’t even make any sense.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2pyondu.jpg
I’ve always found them overpowered.

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Now you know how necromancers feel. Everything we have has either a ridiculous after cast delay (enfeebling blood especially) or a long cast time.

I did make a necro and they are god right now really, i can be very deadly and i am very new to the class, i dont even played in pve to learn anything about the class, i did a bunker necro, a condition damage necro and i was like… omg if warrior were on this lvl, but no, warriors are crap, necros never were in the lvl of warriors they were viable even post patch i wass seing very good necros, but i never see good warriors, they are just free killls for everyone.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in PvP

Caffynated.5713

Warriors dont need small changes. They need drastic changes: The class feels extremely unresponsive, slow, cumbersome.

This patch kind of shows that you don’t need big changes to effect big balance shifts. Necro was in a decent B+ state with warrior before the patch with most people calling them turrible. They got burning and an extra fear with a few other tweaks and suddenly everyone lost their mind with OP spam. Most people are even now calling the things necro has always had OP.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable

in PvP

Kravick.4906

That loss had nothing to do with necros. You had several top level players on blue team.

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Except you seem to be playing whack a mole with heavy handed nerfs (eg Ranger)

In all seriousness the OP makes good suggestions. I’d hate to see necro fall back down to just above warrior tier.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

My feedback was sarcasm, sorry dude.

And to the OP removing the stun break from fear would make it the only cc that couldn’t be broken with a stun break, rendering warriors helpless to it and severely limiting the options of other classes. Giving necros more stun breaks would remove their main weakness. Didn’t think that needed to be said but y’know..

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

That loss had nothing to do with necros. You had several top level players on blue team.

Several? I was on the blue team as Vaati.

The only recognizable “TOP player” is supcutie

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Even in their current state, Necros aren’t OP at all in WvW/PVE (not even close to Warriors/Mesmers/Guads in PVE), I would say that Anet should strongly consider splitting any tweaks they make if they are basing the changes on PvP feedback.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Necros need condition protection. It’s what allows them to keep pressure on opponents. Burning + Torment gives them that protection.

If I were driving the bus, I’d see what happens simply by changing the Sigil of Paralyzation and reducing Dhuumfire to a 3 second burn on a 12 second cooldown.

If that does not tune them down, I’d change Dhuumfire to something that gives 3 stacks of Torment instead and see how that affects condi protection for necromancers.

The developers mentioned the possibility of increasing Life Force generation. Given that the developers are now looking at adjusting necromancer survivability, perhaps it’s time to consider giving necromancers a viable means to access vigor. Perhaps something that grants vigor based upon the number of conditions applied to a target or the number of boons removed from a target. For example: Blood Magic 15 point minor: gain 1 seconds of vigor for every unique condition you apply to your target.

in PvP

Posted by: BAWW.8104

BAWW.8104

Eh. I think people are just having “learn to play” issues. Necros were non-factor before, but now they have to deal with them.

I’ve seen people kill themselves by voluntarily walking into my Spectral Wall over and over everytime the Fear wears off. That really isn’t a fault of the “meta” is it?

I hope any incoming balancing is done based on high level and skilled gameplay, rather than on feedback of people who haven’t learn proper counters. It isn’t hard to walk around marks, wells, and walls, and the supposedly OP 30/30/10/0/0 build has practically no survivability and no disengage. There are many weaknesses in the build, just like every other glass cannon build, and against players who know when and where to strike a necro, there are still plenty of fair and extremely fun and exciting fights to be had.

in PvP

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Devs should make 30 points traits in SR so awesome, that terror build would take that trait instead of Dhuumfire.

Dhuumfire its ok, they wont nerf it to make it worst than a 10 point engi trait. IF nerfed, necros will lost build diversity and everyone will be playing terror build

(edited by vicious.5683)

in PvP

Posted by: Adam.6047

Adam.6047

This is why I despise the guild wars 2 forums. The entire development team persist in being cryptic. Constantly providing generic responses that have absolutely no meaning or substance. This occurs throughout the forum and SOTG, why is it that you cannot give a straight answer, for the love of kitten, you may as well be politicians.

Please endeavor to give more thorough responses as your current attempts are somewhat disgusting. How about you answer the questions we have rather than “reading” them and not responding. You can start with the thread made by SupCutie with questions for SOTG as to be honest not a lot of them were brought up.

I hope you enjoy my feedback and I would love to understand what is going on behind those closed doors. So lets have a bit more transparency hey? Thanks again, lots of love Adam.

Captain of Team Pugging – destroyed ESL with scrubs

in PvP

Posted by: Uberkafros.5431

Uberkafros.5431

It’s intersting to see the incosistency on the posts about the opness of Necros.
It started from spectral wall to terror+burning to how Necros deal with condis to how op is the fact that all marks have the same graphics.

in PvP

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

that dev post was a red flag for necro being nerfed to the ground btw, honestly I just hope they only do it for pvp and not both pve and pvp like they did ranger, ohh btw not all marks have the same graphics even wells are different they all have a different symbol

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in PvP

Criminal.5627

actually one of the better balancing things they can do is swap some if the stuff that increases duration of fear with torment, that right there will help keep the class balanced and not overly nerfing it

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in PvP

Caffynated.5713

that dev post was a red flag for necro being nerfed to the ground btw, honestly I just hope they only do it for pvp and not both pve and pvp like they did ranger, ohh btw not all marks have the same graphics even wells are different they all have a different symbol

The symbol on the ground is different. The casting animation is the same or so similar you won’t notice it and it’s going to be cast on top of the target 90% of the time so that the appearance on the ground doesn’t matter.

in PvP

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

last time i heard similar words from a dev RTL was nerfed more than 150% …

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in PvP

Criminal.5627

The symbol on the ground is different. The casting animation is the same or so similar you won’t notice it and it’s going to be cast on top of the target 90% of the time so that the appearance on the ground doesn’t matter.

the casting animations are less then a second would them being any different really give much room for reaction? I mean if it was a longer cast it would for sure but being 3/4 a sec even if they were different would it really make a big difference between picking which one you would dodge and which you would eat? frankly I cant think of another class that has similar cast times with different animations or similar cast times with an animation that gives much reaction time to react to an ability? argument should be if they should have different cast times not different animations or a combination of different cast times and animations. would be cool if they had to draw symbols in the air for some… just saying, would reward awareness if they did. though if cast times would be adjusted I think recharge times would be too, marks have some of the longest recharge on a weapon skill in the game currently with reaper’s mark at 40sec cd untraited. With a longer cast that is more avoidable would make since to drop the CD on some of the abilities… hell this would make a lot of since exp in pve since marks do not dmg a lot of things in pve, world bosses for example.

(edited by Criminal.5627)

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Bravo, bravo! clapping.gif

BeeGee
Beast mode

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I like to have them on my team especially on the Foefire map now cause they can solo the lords without much trouble.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

What needs to be nerfed is the amount of damaging conditions they have right now. I think replacing Burning with Torment on Dhuumfire would tone them down but still leave them with the pressure they currently have.

Let’s not forget that this is the class that can drop 10stacks of bleed on you in the blink of an eye so adding burning to them would be crazy damage. Now replace that with 3 stacks of torment and you’ve got yourself less conditions to clear but relatively, the same amount of damage.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Terror is not the problem. Burning and extra condicover by torment that allows burning and bleed stacks to stay is. Also weakness change has increased necro survivability a lot and the reason that everything dies from condipressure before necro goes down. Currently a balanced necro is one with 0 lifeforce.

Same reason why engy is as strong as it is. Stupidly strong burn on crit traits on both professions. Burning+bleed+weakness on elixir gun autoattack, gg melee chars. And oh hey, even if you get caught somehow from that perma vigor/swiftness and get bursted you can do 4 blast finishers into a 20s cd waterfield heal and get back 13k out of your 17k hp by doing some finger gymnastics. (Let’s not buff warr heals, too stronk in PvE.)

Focus more on making powernecros viable into a high damage, DS mitigator that is still suspectible to CC, make vampiric stuff viable by making it take advantage of healing power a lot, so necros can effectively tank by lifedrain, DS management and by being a meatshield. And stop this stupid trend that specs with high sustain can burst like glass cannons, looking at you “backstab” ele (although this is mostly QQ atm and I just need to l2p).

in PvP

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

I think that the main mistake of the patch was introducing Dhuumfire along with all the other changes and tweaks for the necromancer. Everything was given in the same time, pushing the meta towards condi pressure in an aggressive manner, without allowing players to slowly adapt.

All of a sudden, players had to face a class they were not experienced against. The necromancer was given a huge power-spike after the patch, which, together with the inexperience of players against him, created the perfect storm.

I, personally, do not like the way the necromancer currently works. All builds are pigeonholed into 30/20/10/x/x (10 spare points go wherever), and, as far as I am concerned, A-net’s goal was to increase build variety, not further decrease it. In my opinion, some of the condi pressure should be taken away, since it might indeed be a bit too much of a meta spike. However, for necromancers to not become undesirable again because of their lack of disengage, stealth, invulnerability skills, boon generation, mobility and so on, they should be given something appropriate to compensate and make it worth it to take a necro on your team.

I greatly enjoy both playing the game in all of its modes and watching the tournament streams. As a viewer, seeing different builds, strategies and compositions amongst the teams is key for me to remain excited for this game. Since I know A-net is pushing towards E-sports, I have to say that the excitement for me when I am watching SC2, LoL or DOTA2 tournaments does not only come from watching the fights, but also seeing different builds and tactics develop as the game unfolds. Seeing the clash of strategies of SC2 pros and the different exciting team comps of LoL teams. In my opinion, in order for a game to be an interesting E-sport, variety is key.

This post turned into a ramble, but I do believe that community feedback is appreciated. I do believe that A-net should tone down and tweak many of the builds currently in the game to make the meta dynamic and interesting to observe, and I do not believe that they will smack the necro down hard with the ban hammer, since they do realize that this would be a bad idea.

Just my 2 cents…

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

In order to make warriors more viable I think the devlopers need to nerf elementalists and buff warriors. Why bring a warrior? For burst? For group utility? For ranged damage? Scepter/dagger hits like 100 blades, elementalists have way better aoe and bring way more mobility, utility, escapes and heals.

One of the guys on the SOTG even said his team runs a double elementalist composition. That screams imbalance.

They need to shake up the meta a lot. Give warriors something different that no other class can bring to the table but will change the game, like something that will prevent stealth and/or transforms for a short period of time. That could make warriors a powerful counterplay to elementalists and thieves.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Omega.8625

Omega.8625

1. Sigil of Paralyzation shouldn’t increase Fear duration.
That would mean getting fear / condition duration runes or Doom won’t tick twice, reducing potential survivability or damage.

2. Make it so that Terror can’t critically hit causing Dhuumfire to proc.
That would remove the “F1→3” 5k damage move.

No major changes, but it should tone down the necro a bit.
Just my 2c.

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastBrohican.5376

TheLastBrohican.5376

Wasn’t Paralyzation hotfixed? I remember they talked on SotG about that, I thought it was hotfixed a day or two ago. The GW2 rep definitely stated explicitly that Paralyzation adding fear duration was NOT intended.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Burning is too strong, not Terror. I support the trade for torment. Its -1 condi, -dmg IF you dont move, which allows daggers to keep slashing.

And it should be toned down as a condi itself. Its meant as a bonus to power users, therefore its hould have bad scaling with cond dmg/even fixed amount ~400dps. And its TOO EASY and CONSTANT to apply.
a) some skills should do 1-2s burns that are just too short and NOT WORTH cleansing
b) others should be 5-10s that are a MUST cleanse or die, on LONGER CDs

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Good post Op.

Let us hope they don’t ruin the necro completely. Took us 11 months to become really useful :/ We are slightly OP. I think. But it isnt that bad.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

What needs to be nerfed is the amount of damaging conditions they have right now. I think replacing Burning with Torment on Dhuumfire would tone them down but still leave them with the pressure they currently have.

Let’s not forget that this is the class that can drop 10stacks of bleed on you in the blink of an eye so adding burning to them would be crazy damage. Now replace that with 3 stacks of torment and you’ve got yourself less conditions to clear but relatively, the same amount of damage.

Bad idea. Every condition class NEEDS burning. Because burning is so good. I like the hinted-at idea in sotg – which is reduce bleed application on some on the skills and buff the lf generation

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Kravick.4906

And it should be toned down as a condi itself. Its meant as a bonus to power users, therefore its hould have bad scaling with cond dmg/even fixed amount ~400dps. And its TOO EASY and CONSTANT to apply.

What? Are you serious? Its on a 40 second cool down, applies one stack per second for a grand total of 3 stacks, and only if you stay within 600 range of the necromancer when activated. Big green lines jump out and attach themselves to you. The only possible way to make this indicator any more loud and obvious would be to have big red letters that are half the size of the screen start flashing in front of you saying, “DODGE NOW DODGE NOW DODGE NOW DODGE NOW DODGE NOW!”

The damage itself is also quite bad. It does 50% damage of a bleed tick when you don’t move. Thats half the damage of a single bleed, and individual bleeds tick for diddly squat and are only dangerous in stacks of 10 or higher. If you move with torment on, it only ticks twice per second instead of once. Taking twice of diddly squat is still diddly squat!

Next time you’re in tPvP and you die to a necromancer, look at where your damage sources are coming from. Bleeding will be at the top, followed by either fear or burning damage (they sometimes switch places), with torment dead last. Torment doesn’t even make up 1/4th of the total over all damage that you will have taken.

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Yes, that is why I quit the game for RIFT mostly. Warriors are not garbage there.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

…The GW2 rep definitely stated explicitly that Paralyzation adding fear duration was NOT intended.

This reeks of revisionist history or outright confusion, and I don’t like it.

When Fear became a stun in addition to being a condition it was perfectly logical for Paralyzation to work with it, and I rather doubt that something “unintended” was left to work that way for that long. I find it far more likely that this was designed intent that they have changed their mind about.

Fear is the only thing in the game that is both condition and stun, so they have decided to change it, because leaving it in that state represents an imbalance. Nothing is wrong with that.

They are taking the correct course of action by analyzing this particular albatross, and hopefully they fix it in appropriate fashion, but I don’t understand why they can’t just own it and say, “The changes recently made to Necro had some unanticipated consequences and as a result we are rethinking the way that Fear interacts in the combat system. Specifically we do not feel that it should be treated as a stun anymore for the purpose of things like Sigils of Paralyzation.” It is more transparent, everyone can understand it, and honesty like this is both admirable and generally appreciated.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuull.3147

Kuull.3147

Just to say, I did NOT read the entire thread…

But just reading the first line of the OP, has made me make this post. “They’ve just became viable” – viable as in kittening overpowered? Yup sure, viable indeed for the person playing one. The amount of damage the conditions is doing at the moment is simply kittened. Even with my Condi remove build I lost a massive amount of health in mere seconds.

That does not mean it’s balanced, it’s completely the other way around. And I play an Elementalist, with somewhat moderate amounts (as some may know) of abilities to remove conditions.

Titan Thanatos – FoW WvW’er