Dear Engineers (Dear Anet making Engineers)

in PvP

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Can you please run a build that at least tries to kill your opponent. It gets so boring running from point to point hoping for anything to be uncamped or at least not an engineer. It’s not that I mind joining you, running around in circles for 5 minutes until someone interrupts our dance, but you can’t kill me even though I’m a glasscannon, and I sure as heck can’t kill you. I really wish we could duel like all the other classes, but it just seems like you would rather run a build where you are pretty much afk for an entire game having some script to hold W and D for you so you can run around inside that circle while people do some funny dancing around you. It’s not that I mind bunkers, but come on, at least Guardians can deal some damage and a fight can actually conclude without being a 2vs1.
(No hate to engineers, a very viable build, but seriously, bunkering is getting too much. You can’t be killed within any reasonable time frame and you know it. You also can’t kill anyone else with the build.)

Sincerely kitten.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Deer….

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

rabbit?

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: ZachAttack.8425

ZachAttack.8425

I run my own version of a bunker and can kill most classes when they try to steal my precious blue aura from my point. And I can die just as easily from certain classes.

You could always fight an HGH condition engi.

in PvP

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

Well, that’s the point of being a bunker: deal low damage but live long enough for team mates to come help.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Engineers have a bunker build?

in PvP

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I’m going to assume OP hasn’t faced a bunker Engineer since the latest patch…

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Never played against a engineer bunker build that was comparable to guardian/ranger/ele bunker. Not even close.

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I cant kill you but i can push you off the point to at least make point neutral, or make 3 of 5 ppl busy while teammates captures other points.

And i agree to OP completely, anet should buff engi dmg outside of grenades, since now they cant even kill glasscanon.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

in PvP

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Never played against a engineer bunker build that was comparable to guardian/ranger/ele bunker. Not even close.

Didn’t stop them from nerfing Elixir S just as harshly as Mist Form though…

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Yes. They do have, but it does no damage. Anet doesn’t want engineers do as much dmg as other professions nor have any easy passive bunker build (engi bunkers almost always rely on dodges or other active defenses). Thus engineer remains the least played profession outside pvp. How often do you see people in pve “LF1M, only engineer”. Never!

It is not the fault of engineer players if they run around. If the only viable engi bunker builds offer no dmg, that is the problem of Anet, who cannot balance the game properly.

Many people still think warriors and rangers are weak in pvp, but mark my words, you will see more and more of them (= sure sign they are not weak).

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Lol, the bunker build does condi damage. At least, most of then do condi damage. I killed a Ranger bunker with just confusion damage.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Treeline.3865

I’m glad im not the only one noticing the no damage – all bunker build. I’m fine with the bunker tactic really (I hate it, but it’s a tactic) – But for me the fun disappears when the other guy can heal more than a berserker can damage – And not even kill the berserker. That is twisted to say the least.

in PvP

Posted by: Cato.3547

Cato.3547

Not sure what kind of builds have u been running but what i have been experimenting with bunker engi, I rarely lost bunker vs bunker node fights u can just out dps/heal most of the other bunker builds with healing bombs. Tho not sure how well it works after latest changes, build I ran was something like
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelsp6ZnvShF1LJxoCdO0D8XY1KSR+p8nCyF-ToAgzCmIASBkDIDQSosQNaYCC

(edited by Cato.3547)

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

The number 1 arch enemy o bunker engi is smart shatter mesmer or rangers who use his root elite …. or 2 burst thieves can also do the job :p.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I play a tanky engineer, but I haven’t seen another one for weeks (months? can’t remember). It’s cool to hear that there’s another one out there somewhere having good success. Also:

Not sure what kind of builds have u been running but what i have been experimenting with bunker engi, I rarely lost bunker vs bunker node fights u can just out dps/heal most of the other bunker builds with healing bombs.

Healing bombs heal for somewhere around 200-350 health per second, depending on healing power. If that’s outhealing anything, there’s a problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Not sure what kind of builds have u been running but what i have been experimenting with bunker engi, I rarely lost bunker vs bunker node fights u can just out dps/heal most of the other bunker builds with healing bombs. Tho not sure how well it works after latest changes, build I ran was something like
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelsp6ZnvShF1LJxoCdO0D8XY1KSR+p8nCyF-ToAgzCmIASBkDIDQSosQNaYCC

I have been sometimes running the elixir-infused bombs build myself in pve and yesterday evening I was roaming WvWvW with another engineer who was using the same build. Very nice engineer player, BUT I don’t think one could call it a viable bunker build.

The bombs heal roughly 200-300/s, which put it in the same ball park with warrior using healing signet + adrenal health. I really wouldn’t call that kind of warrior a bunker, even though warrior’s have access to heavy armor and higher health and they can also get a lot of blocking using off-hand sword + shield or perma vigor + swiftness using warhorn.

The problem is: burst and/or knockdown / daze lock will still own that “bunker”.

There are some other even more bunker engineer builds e.g. the tankcat, but that build does very little damage.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

As long as killing you isn’t necessary to win the match there’s little point in doing so. You can’t kill me as a glass cannon? Great! My only job is to CC you out of my capture point and only apply enough damage to force you to kite away or heal. The game mode is rewarding me for holding objectives, not killing people, so it’s not my fault I never have to kill anyone to win.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in PvP

Posted by: Cato.3547

Cato.3547

I have been sometimes running the elixir-infused bombs build myself in pve and yesterday evening I was roaming WvWvW with another engineer who was using the same build. Very nice engineer player, BUT I don’t think one could call it a viable bunker build.

The bombs heal roughly 200-300/s, which put it in the same ball park with warrior using healing signet + adrenal health. I really wouldn’t call that kind of warrior a bunker, even though warrior’s have access to heavy armor and higher health and they can also get a lot of blocking using off-hand sword + shield or perma vigor + swiftness using warhorn.

The problem is: burst and/or knockdown / daze lock will still own that “bunker”.

There are some other even more bunker engineer builds e.g. the tankcat, but that build does very little damage.

Ofc you will fail if you just try to outheal with bombs thats just bonus that will give you some nice sustain + you got 3k armor, 2x stun breaker, 4 sources of protection, blinds, snares, 6xcondi removal, 2xaoe kb ,2xblock, permanent swiftness and vigor if thats not enought bunker for you idk what is.

(edited by Cato.3547)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I run my own version of a bunker and can kill most classes when they try to steal my precious blue aura from my point. And I can die just as easily from certain classes.

You could always fight an HGH condition engi.

That would be something to gripe about

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Earthmonkey.4326

Earthmonkey.4326

I cant kill you but i can push you off the point to at least make point neutral, or make 3 of 5 ppl busy while teammates captures other points.

And i agree to OP completely, anet should buff engi dmg outside of grenades, since now they cant even kill glasscanon.

Huh? As an engi, I can tell you that I certainly can kill just about any class.

With a rifle. Because cool engis use dat rifle.

That said, I’m always game for a buff to my class.

in PvP

Treeline.3865

Ofc you will fail if you just try to outheal with bombs thats just bonus that will give you some nice sustain + you got 3k armor, 2x stun breaker, 4 sources of protection, blinds, snares, 6xcondi removal, 2xaoe kb ,2xblock, permanent swiftness and vigor if thats not enought bunker for you idk what is.

Is that a build? o_o

in PvP

Posted by: Greenfish.1270

Greenfish.1270

“Emapudapus.1307

The number 1 arch enemy o bunker engi is smart shatter mesmer or rangers who use his root elite …. or 2 burst thieves can also do the job :p."

ranger root elite is a joke people that get caught in it and die from it are not paying attention or dont understand the skill just blow it, resume your dodging cleanse the bleeds good to go.