Deathblossom spam build. What?

in PvP

Posted by: Niujin.7429

Niujin.7429

Why is this still around?

I’ve created a thief to try it myself and:

1- Didn’t find any leak in the build, if not for the low amount of health it provides (trivial tho, considering the self healing the thief gets back from its passive).

2- It’s extremely easy to play. I had never played thief before and could get the grasp of the thing in no time, whereas whenever I tried any other different thief build in no way could I pull out such an outcome with little to no effort.

How can one counter it?

I’d rather have the old backstab and see this stuff nerfed, instead of the other way around. The dodge on deathblossom is way too strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Sand Beagle.9867

Sand Beagle.9867

1- Didn’t find any leak in the build, if not for the low amount of health it provides (trivial tho, considering the self healing the thief gets back from its passive).

2- It’s extremely easy to play. I had never played thief before and could get the grasp of the thing in no time, whereas whenever I tried any other different thief build in no way could I pull out such an outcome with little to no effort.

How can one counter it?

I’d rather have the old backstab and see this stuff nerfed, instead of the other way around. The dodge on deathblossom is way too strong.

Its actually pretty kitten and rarely used outside of hotjoins. Anything that can remove conditions, or anyone who is decent at evading destroys that build. Not to mention anything more than a 1v1 against you and you’re useless and dead in seconds unless you constantly run. Good players will stay out of the caltrops and range you down or let you burn all your CD’s and burst you when you’re out of initiative.

You might be able to kill some warriors though, but all in all there are better and more effective builds out there for a thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Niujin.7429

Niujin.7429

How can one counter it?

Its actually pretty kitten and rarely used outside of hotjoins. Anything that can remove conditions, or anyone who is decent at evading destroys that build. Not to mention anything more than a 1v1 against you and you’re useless and dead in seconds unless you constantly run. Good players will stay out of the caltrops and range you down or let you burn all your CD’s and burst you when you’re out of initiative.

You might be able to kill some warriors though, but all in all there are better and more effective builds out there for a thief.

I don’t have problems surviving that, as I’m running a semi-tank build, but I find extremely hard to kill them, due to constant dodges + regen.

in PvP

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Death blossom has strange issues where it sometimes still lets you get hit while it is going off. SImply put, (yes, I am one of those who spam this, but here is my advice to counter) use pulsing skills or channel skills. We can’t dodge forever, and for that split second or so after we use it, a trap or a channel skill will get its hit off. Condition builds can do this better since they only need the put the cond once on you unless its bleed. But burn, poison, and confusion will hurt a lot.

Additionally, since retaliation is based on number of hits not the amount of dmg 1 hit does, it greatly counters death blossom as it hits 3 times to multiple enemies. There are many ways to counter this, just gata ask around… not ask for more nerfs.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

How can anyone counter it? easily.

If the thief is fighting you on a point. just dodge out there deathblossoms and kite em a bit. they dont have much burst, so if they are not on a point, ignore them and goto a point.
All you have to do is kite out for a few seconds for iniative to go down a bit and time your hits then. Also dont stand in melee w them if u have a ranged weapon.

I dont know how this gives you trouble, i absolutely destroy thiefs who try this stuff on me.

When asking for advice list your class please , because that effects advice alot. IF your an ele for example, you should pretty much never lose a 1on1 to a thief. If your a 100b warrior , then indeed your in trouble on this match up.
so without your class its hard to give specific advice.