Deathly Claws

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

Hi there. I’d like to know how it is possible to be hit by deathly claws for 4-7k average. This every 3/4 of a second. Is this a bug? Exploit? Wrong Math?

This is a build i see running many necros theese days, a cheese build with a ranged shot hitting like a train.

Gandara

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Working as intended, strip necro stab, CC him, train him, blind hime.. STRAFE!!!

At least there are multiple ways of dealing with Lichform unlike medi guard burst

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Ominous.8702

Ominous.8702

Well, Medi-Guard burst is not really an issue because it takes time to apply the burst and it can be countered with a stunbreak. It’s not INSTANT damage. Plus DPS-medi Guard defense is comically weak, at least in the case of a glass-cannon Thief, you have stealth/Shortbow/Shadow Step to gtfo if things go bad; a DPS Guard just has to take it to the face, so imo Guards aren’t really a “problem.”

RE: the OP, yeah Power-Claw Necros are pretty obnoxious, but they are susceptible to Boon Strip. If you don’t happen to HAVE Boon Strip, well then I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Well, Medi-Guard burst is not really an issue because it takes time to apply the burst and it can be countered with a stunbreak. It’s not INSTANT damage. Plus DPS-medi Guard defense is comically weak, at least in the case of a glass-cannon Thief, you have stealth/Shortbow/Shadow Step to gtfo if things go bad; a DPS Guard just has to take it to the face, so imo Guards aren’t really a “problem.”

RE: the OP, yeah Power-Claw Necros are pretty obnoxious, but they are susceptible to Boon Strip. If you don’t happen to HAVE Boon Strip, well then I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

don’t need boon strip, reflect works as well

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

It only lasts for 20 seconds every 3 minutes.

If you don’t have the tools to deal with them then just avoid them for 20 seconds = win.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

There’s a range threshold such that simply circle strafing around the Lich will dodge every attack, since Deathly Claws doesn’t lead its target. At least, it never used to.

If you have no other way to avoid it, try literally just running a circle around the Lich.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Line of Sight works too.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

If you have a mesmer, save Moa for Lich Form. If you have a necromancer, Plague form and spam the blind. Same cooldown durations, both serves as a direct counter.

Otherwise, strafing, line of sight, blinds, till it ends. Even if it means abandoning the node, losing the cap is better than getting team wiped by stacking as it pierces.

(edited by Akikaze.1307)

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

1) Adadadadadadadada, can you pull this combo off ?

2) elite aka 20s every 3min, they should be stronk

3) ctrl + T , set stopwatch how fast 4 poeple deal 35k dmg. If he uses lich form in 1v1 , you lose fight but win war , since its a 3 min elite and a build ment to wipe teamfights.

4) boon and chain CC

5) double dodge, blind, block, projectile miss, dodge again since youre a boonhore, then pop wall of reflection to let necro know he got no chance this whole match cz buildwars….

6) if all above fails,

Give up the point, hug and make love to a pillar, then come back 20s later and see how long bunker zerker necro holds a point.

7) write a lich form nerf thread

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

You can hit 4-7k pretty easily with other attacks, not sure what the problem is since it is on a massive CD elite. If this was back in the days of the 17k auto attack + procs I’d have a different opinion.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

How does stunbreak counter dps guardian burst? I can dodge every actual skill they use but if they hit me with a few auto-attacks I take 10k+ burn damage and end up dying purely from autos while they block/invul/heal EVERYTHING I do.

DPS guardian is sleeper overpowered.

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

How does stunbreak counter dps guardian burst? I can dodge every actual skill they use but if they hit me with a few auto-attacks I take 10k+ burn damage and end up dying purely from autos while they block/invul/heal EVERYTHING I do.

They have to waste their survival skills for a full combo. If you get caught off guard and 50% HP, then they’ll kill you. However if you survived through it, the Medi Guardian would be susceptible to conditions, bursts and cc, causing them to burn through their virtues/heal/invul to survive.

Here are some of the skills they use for full burst initiation.
Focus 5 – 45sec cd (a block survival skill).
Judge’s intervention – 36sec cd (stunbreak and blink used, also a heal).
Smite conditions – 16sec cd (1 condi cleanse, also a heal).
DPS skill – GS 10sec, sword 15sec, or Hammer 5sec cd.
Sometimes even F3 Virtue (90sec cd) if their Aegis isn’t up for ‘unscathed contender’ trait.

If they expended those skills, they’re down 2 heals, and 2 blocks. Now you have a window opportunity to counter burst while they buy time through invul/heal for cooldowns and mostly only auto attacking you. Their passive burning is every 5 attacks and does around 500, and activated burning would do 2k at most considering Medi guards don’t have high condition damage.

(edited by Akikaze.1307)

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

lol 10k+ burn dmg? You are fighting the guard for 30+ seconds then and you don’t have any answer to a 300 dmg burn?

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

lol 10k+ burn dmg? You are fighting the guard for 30+ seconds then and you don’t have any answer to a 300 dmg burn?

He means 10k damage, plus burn damage.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Well, he plays a thief and he does not know how to disengage/kite apparently. So I’ll let him figure that one out.

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Ominous.8702

Ominous.8702

Are you high? Because either we’re not talking about the same thing, or you’ve been hitting Mary Jane so hard, she’s about to go to the police as a battered woman. You die purely from auto attacks by a DPS Medi-Guard who BLOCKS?

Wtf is he going to BLOCK with? DPS Medi-Guard is Great Sword / Scepter + Focus. You literally have ONE blocking skill, and that’s “Shield of Wrath” which is on a 45-sec CD and can only block 3 attacks, and if it DOES block 3 attacks, it dissipates without exploding for the 1700 dmg burst WHICH IS A CORE PART OF THE DPS-MEDI GUARD BURST.

“Strike” 698 damage
“Vengeful Strike” 698 damage
“Wrathful Strike” 1047 damage

Those numbers are my Auto-attack values with my Full DPS Medi-Guard meta build with Zerker Amulet. How you manage to die from just those Autos is frankly incredible. You are incredibly bad, sir, that’s really my only theory. Either that, or my first theory of your ungodly consumption of the Devil’s Lettuce is right on the money.

Final thought: are you sure it’s a Guardian smashing you in the dirt with autos, or is it a “Deathly Claws” Necro wearing the skin of the Guardian he just sodomized like a marionette, blasting you in the face with chain “Deathly Claws?”

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This is Anet balance for you, Deathly Claws doing 6-7k damage on auto attack every second in comparison the Glymph of Elemental elite skill doing maximum 2k every 15 seconds if it can ever hit the right target.

I agree every class needs a cool thing, I don’t think it should be nerfed, but instead they should improve all the useless skills and create more counters, specially reduce the cooldown on reflects and stun-break/stability skills.

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

This is Anet balance for you, Deathly Claws doing 6-7k damage on auto attack every second in comparison the Glymph of Elemental elite skill doing maximum 2k every 15 seconds if it can ever hit the right target.

I agree every class needs a cool thing, I don’t think it should be nerfed, but instead they should improve all the useless skills and create more counters, specially reduce the cooldown on reflects and stun-break/stability skills.

How sad that power necros have elementalists beat so badly in that regard. I mean, it’s not as if eles are a top class right now, they absolutely need better elites and even shorter cooldowns on stunbreaks.

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

How sad that power necros have elementalists beat so badly in that regard. I mean, it’s not as if eles are a top class right now, they absolutely need better elites and even shorter cooldowns on stunbreaks.

Ooooo someone got some cream for that burn. Edit: also if you know they are running lich. Bring some reflects. It’s kinda funny.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Well I guess comparing glyph with fleshie is a better comparison…. why are elementals skills insta cast when fleshie has a ridiculous cast time for a knock back that has been nerfed into oblivion.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Lol. I’m sure we can expect to see this thread to pop up whenever necro pvp daily is in effect. Not op, many counters as have been listed many times.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Yeh, Guardians do not have blocks or invulns. You insane?

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Hi there. I’d like to know how it is possible to be hit by deathly claws for 4-7k average. This every 3/4 of a second. Is this a bug? Exploit? Wrong Math?

This is a build i see running many necros theese days, a cheese build with a ranged shot hitting like a train.

No bug, it is just really, really powerful – also pierces. Its fun to play, if you time it right you can basically destroy the whole enemy team in a zerg fight. Some classes/skills can just directly counter it though (reflects and chaining blocks/invun).

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

dont worry about lameness like that go condi necro and youll see how much better it is. just isnt easy mode.

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

6) if all above fails,

Give up the point, hug and make love to a pillar, then come back 20s later and see how long bunker zerker necro holds a point.

This. These pillars deserve more love. You gotta embrace the pillar, and never let go.

On a serious note, make tests to find which of your skills hit through pillars, and overuse them against loch necros.

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Working as intended, strip necro stab, CC him, train him, blind hime.. STRAFE!!!

At least there are multiple ways of dealing with Lichform unlike medi guard burst

Medi guard is easy to counter.

It’s called get a ranged weapon & kite.

Unlike other melee they lack cripples and must rely on moderate/long CD teleports, much of which are tied to their stun breaks & self healing.

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Shelter, aegis, renewed focus, focus 5.

Guess I’m playing an entirely different game.

Calling someone bad isn’t how you have a discussion.

Medi guard is easy to counter.

It’s called get a ranged weapon & kite.

Unlike other melee they lack cripples and must rely on moderate/long CD teleports, much of which are tied to their stun breaks & self healing.

Ranged doesn’t counter medi guardian at all, they use scepter and you die to burn damage.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

play power necro, try lich.

come back and tell us your experiences.

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

range doesnt counter medi guard, eles do hahaha

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Deathly Claws

in PvP

Posted by: Xterra.6172

Xterra.6172

yet another build being called cheese. can we just fast forward in time and start calling every build cheese? that’s how the trend is going.

in addition to the counters listed, weakness helps too.