Decap Wars 2 , nobody makes it to 500

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Any ideas on whats working against this trend?

8x poeple fight for 2+min , and engie “kittens” on that effort with 3 buttons.

I play necro/thief.
Thanks in advance

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

I think warrior has some stability but I might be dreaming

in PvP

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

looks like somebody here has no idea how easy those engineers can decap you.

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in PvP

Flumek.9043

Necro/thief or any other real class, please.

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

well i dont rly have any problem against them with my ranger.
I just crash them and delete them outside the node then when node is clean i can put my colour :=)

in PvP

Flumek.9043

well i dont rly have any problem against them with my ranger.

I almost wrote no warr/ranger suggestions but thought some would took it ofensive thx anyway

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

what offense? ^^

Just telling you how I deal with that trash spec

I melt them into ashes pretty fast

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Two options:

- Its a small capture point = engi has little room to kite = blow him up.
- Big capture point = kite his bombs and kill him from ranged.

what offense? ^^

Just telling you how I deal with that trash spec

I melt them into ashes pretty fast

Not all of enjoy us playing 5 button profs like ranger, warrior, necro etc. I actually started out as ranger in GW2 expecting a rather deep class. In other MMOs the acrher types are usually a bit harder to play (like pre MOP hunters etc). But boy was i wrong…

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Not all of enjoy us playing 5 button profs like ranger, warrior, necro etc. I actually started out as ranger in GW2 expecting a rather deep class. In other MMOs the acrher types are usually a bit harder to play (like pre MOP hunters etc). But boy was i wrong…

Warrior is a 5 button profession? I think someone needs to try before speaking. I use 9 of my weapon abilities and all of my utility and elite in almost every fight. In case you weren’t keeping count, that is 13 abilities, not 5. I also don’t get perma vigor so actually have to time my dodges. Have a nice day!

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Warrior is a 5 button profession? I think someone needs to try before speaking. I use 9 of my weapon abilities and all of my utility and elite in almost every fight. In case you weren’t keeping count, that is 13 abilities, not 5. I also don’t get perma vigor so actually have to time my dodges. Have a nice day!

Its a figure of speach. “a simple class”…. warriors necros rangers are some of the if not the least complex classes you will find in any MMO. While classes like eles and engis are the direct opposite, some of the harder/more complex classes to play (well).

You need less vigor since you can tank more damage. You have passive regen (adrenal health + signet) with no fear of being interupted on heals, automatic condi cleanses with cleansing ire, reduced CC duration and another autoplay regen with dogged march. And even with all these defensive traits youll still be able to do massive damage. And before you say “well you probs dont play one”:

Attachments:

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

GW2 isnt really an complex game and all the classes are really kinda easy to pick up and play well provided you know how to play the game. Yea some are a little easier but at the end of the day its all very simple.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Locuz.2651

GW2 isnt really an complex game and all the classes are really kinda easy to pick up and play well provided you know how to play the game. Yea some are a little easier but at the end of the day its all very simple.

Youre playing warrior ranger guardian…ofc the game seems easy to you. And everything is easy if you know how to do it in theory at least.

I got 8 classes up to 2300-2600 in wow. People told me its easy aswell yet they cant even do it on one class.

Please show me some footage of you playing ele or engi and show me how easy it is.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

This times ten. Love people who just bash one class. Engineer probably has the largest APM required. That being said its still not insanely hard, especially with this game. Since the game was released the game has been spam heavy thanks to lack of proper skill punishment. AoEs/Bursts/Condis. The spammy trinity.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

Youre playing warrior ranger guardian…ofc the game seems easy to you. And everything is easy if you know how to do it. In theory everything is easy.

I got 8 classes up to 2300-2600 in wow. People told me its easy aswell yet they cant even do it on one class.

Please show me some footage of you playing ele or engi and show me how easy it is.

Get off your high horse. He is right. Even the most complex classes in this game aren’t that hard to pick up. I wouldn’t even call Engineer complex if that is what you are trying to do, more like, badly designed or clunky.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Get off your high horse. He is right. Even the most complex classes in this game aren’t that hard to pick up. I wouldn’t even call Engineer complex if that is what you are trying to do, more like, badly designed.

Like i said nothing is hard to play in any MMO. And are you telling me warrior is about as hard (or easy) to play well as an engineer?

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Youre playing warrior ranger guardian…ofc the game seems easy to you. And everything is easy if you know how to do it in theory at least.

The classes in my sig are the classes i got to 80 in pve/wvw. I play all the classes besides mes and Necro in PVP. I use Engie/ranger the most and I play Ele in hotjoin.

My point still stands, once you learn how the combat/traits/skills work in this game its not hard to pick up and play all the classes well, the hardest thing with a new class is remembering which skill does what. Even tho Solo Q leaderboard rank doesnt = Skill i got to rank 7 with just playing my engie, I haven’t played in a week and a half so idk what my rank is now.

Who cares about WoW

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

(edited by clint.5681)

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

Get off your high horse. He is right. Even the most complex classes in this game aren’t that hard to pick up. I wouldn’t even call Engineer complex if that is what you are trying to do, more like, badly designed.

Are you telling me warrior is about as hard (or easy) to play well as an engineer?

If your idea of hard means you press a few more buttons and class mechanics make less sense, I guess you are playing hard mode. I didn’t say warrior was hard. None of the classes in this game are hard to play. I’m just sick of engineers walking around acting like they are god’s gift to gaming because they play engineer. lol

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

elementalist is not easy in sPvP at all!

i tried playing once.
died within seconds !!!

back to warrior for me!

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

arenanet knew the classes are not rly hard to play so they made combat faster by shaving the numbers and called it fast-paced combat

in a game where everything you have to know to decide what you do are animations

seriously

now in this game people tend to call skill to have better reaction than others
- tactic and strategy are not important in this game – (sadly)

thats why this spammy classes are so successful with lower effort than others
sure – with good reaction you can pull with every class a stunt but at the end you can give a monkey enough bananas and he will be ranked with a warrior

i wrote it before – but guess they dont read important things^^

they should remove the spammy mechanics complete in this game and concentrate more on counterattacks to spells (NEVER classes)

all spells need to have a counter (more than one would be better)
example:
- Player 1 cast Heal
- Player 2 can Counter with poison, interupt, damage
he use Poison
-Player 1 can stop his heal, remove condition, ignore condition and get half the heal

to bring some brain in the combat – and aslong not everything in this game has counterattacks arenanet is not done with balancing

thx for your time

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

arenanet knew the classes are not rly hard to play so they made combat faster by shaving the numbers and called it fast-paced combat

in a game where everything you have to know to decide what you do are animations

seriously

sure – with good reaction you can pull with every class a stunt but at the end you can give a monkey enough bananas and he will be ranked with a warrior

they should remove the spammy mechanics complete in this game and concentrate more on counterattacks to spells (NEVER classes)

example:
- Player 1 cast Heal
he use Poison
-Player 1 can stop his heal, remove condition, ignore condition and get half the heal

to bring some brain in the combat – and aslong not everything in this game has counterattacks arenanet is not done with balancing

thx for your time

Try playing berserker shatter mesmer. You have to counter attack everything. You dont have enough passive defense, or active defense. If you spam all your evades/stealths/teleports, youre dead in 10 seconds vs a stun warrior.

Every skill you use on shatter Mesmer matters. Every single one of them. Make a mistake, youre dead.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Well that was quite the diversion.

Anyway, engies in general have a tough time with condis, so having a necro take that spot works pretty well. Warriors also have a pretty good time against everyone.

Thieves have a really hard time against engies, but don’t usually bunker a point anyway, so maybe try to have someone with more stab/condi pressure take home if they have a bunker-decap engie. With that team strategy, your high-mobility thief should also be able to come smack down that engie whenever they get back anyway.

More input from people with tpvp experience (where that engie spec is supposedly bad) should also be helpful.

in PvP

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

As someone who has tried all classes in pvp, they’re all easy to play. Engi/Ele are just the highest APM classes.

I don’t try any harder to play Engineer than I do mesmer/guard/ranger, I just like it more.

#gw2ishard

@The guy above me, Engi vs. Necro, if you’re not running automated response you have to seriously outplay the necro to have a hope of winning. Or just stunlock them lolool

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

seriously

example:
- Player 1 cast Heal
he use Poison

thx for your time

I guess that is why the new players trying to play hambow generally die without scratching me or landing a single cc.

While this game takes very little skill, trying to single out warriors as some godly beast that is auto win once you pick the class up is a joke. If that was the case, these new warriors would have a chance against me, yet…. they don’t.