Decay Understanding

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: CrusherEAGLE.4190

CrusherEAGLE.4190

Hi there, I’d appreciate if a dev could answer this question.

Let’s say I played a game today, Saturday 4th February at 12:00 GMT and I want to keep my leaderboard placement.

Will I get decay before the end of season (7th february) ? When are the leaderboard placements locked, at what hour of 7th february? Thanks.

PvP name : Cuajada Hacendado.

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

same question

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: Twyn.7320

Twyn.7320

Why not just play one game each day to make sure? :P

Decay Understanding

in PvP

CrusherEAGLE.4190

because a loss is -17 and a win is +8, I don’t want to do more q’s :C

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

because a loss is -17 and a win is +8, I don’t want to do more q’s :C

same

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Decay is added at midnight UTC (when dailies reset). I believe the decay for that day is based on the time since last game played (you don’t get -100 on the first day).

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I’m kind of slow, so can someone give me a definitive yes or no lol

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: Aiurz.9587

Aiurz.9587

It would be very nice if a dev could confirm, that you dont get decay until the end of the season if you played this saturday

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Imagine if this kind of nonsense went on in pro sports. Afraid to play because you might lose. I think you are playing for the wrong reasons.

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Good thing pro sports have a lot of teams (players) xD

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: StonePower.8321

StonePower.8321

Bump
I would appreciate a clear answer too. Why is such a crucial info not given to the players, it makes no sense.

From my experience decay starts 72h (days) after last game played, so if you played your last game at 20 pm on the 4th, you should start to decay on the 7th at 20 pm ?

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I am in the same position as you, OP! Lol!

But I played one this morning (5th February) and I guess I am 100% safe now? PLEASE can I have confirmation on this? Because the end of the season is less than 3 days after that right?

OP, the best thing to do is to play just one more game in a duo with one of your legendary friends very early or very late so no good people are online and beat low ranked players. There is no need to worry about decay then.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

But I played one this morning (5th February) and I guess I am 100% safe now? PLEASE can I have confirmation on this? Because the end of the season is less than 3 days after that right?

OP, the best thing to do is to play just one more game in a duo with one of your legendary friends very early or very late so no good people are online and beat low ranked players. There is no need to worry about decay then.

suff chill it’s fine. The season always ends with the patch. The patch will be on 7th. you played today (5th) so your decay should start at 8th i believe

Talék

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

I also think it’s exactly 72h.

I played on Tuesday evening and didn’t have time to play pvp until Friday evening. I had -8 decay.

So it all depends on the time the season ends. The end of the season may depend on the time the patch goes live.

Decay Understanding

in PvP

Posted by: StonePower.8321

StonePower.8321

I was told past seasons ended at 1 AM with daily reset, but no way to know if that applies to the current season.

Decay Understanding

in PvP

CrusherEAGLE.4190

Yeah, I played a game today and if math checks out, secured my position, still would have been nice if we had got and answer from devs.