Decay ridiculous

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: gordonlsj.4391

gordonlsj.4391

So i was gold 2 in late dec and i stopped playing gw2 for about 2 weeks , to find out my effective rank is god kitten bronze 1?? what the hell?? ONLY 2 WEEKS thats not a long time, i might have been sliver but BRONZE 1 FOR NOT PLAYING IN 2 WEEKS?? Then i lost the 1st match i played and lost 50 POINTS ??? about 3 kittening win gone like that just cause i didnt play for 2 weeks. What The kitten.

Edit: so anet has said that you will still be matched against gold players.
as a side note, i really think that losing a match with decay is too harsh , i lost 50+ points in 1 game thats is about 3-4 Wins, its really alot, is it what u intended??

(edited by gordonlsj.4391)

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

This has been knowledge since the start of the season. Each game you play you will gain a portion of the decayed rating back. Even if you lose every game you will still end up in mid Silver by the time the decay has been played off. Take a breath, do some research, and continue on your journey toward the leaderboard. This is a ladder system, you NEED to accept that there is no safety net other than decay.

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

How can you lose a match in bronze when you are a gold player?

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

I decayed for a week on my alt acc, got to bronze 3. A few matches later I was back in gold 2 where I started. Afaik mmr and rating isn’t the same thing. In any case I got the same opponents in gold 2 as I had in my first few matches where I was supposed to be bronze 3.

As for the big rating drop. Rating gain/loss seems more volatile if I haven’t played in a while. when I play a lot I seem to only lose 12-14 rating while if it’s been a few days it’s -20 or more. IDK if this is how the system works tbh just my personal observations.

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Most nonconstructive response of the day, borderline troll response. I’ll tell you want. Since you like trolling poor guys like OP who had to fight for what he got and not just given to him by the system. You tank your privilege club rating down to bronze and you 1 v 5 the other teams back up to gold or higher at the same time losing 50 while only gaining 3 or at most 10. If you manage to do that fully solo while streaming every match. I’ll reinstall GW2 back on my PC just to gift you what ever item you want from the gem store.

That’s how confident I am that you are all talk and troll, and no walk or action. Should you accept I’ll be here. But I’ll put a high value gem item on the line to say you won’t. shagwell.1349

But to the OP yeah you have to at least play one game every 3 days to not get decay.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I’ll try investigating this more, but from what I undestand your decayed rating doesn’t determine who you are matched against. So in theory, when you came back you were still playing against gold players. Your decayed rating only affects your leader board position and nothing else.

Been playing some ESO lately, so I’ll stay off GW2 PvP for a couple of weeks to let my rating decay, and then I’ll check the ratings of everyone in the match to see how it placed me and post my results.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Most nonconstructive response of the day, borderline troll response. I’ll tell you want. Since you like trolling poor guys like OP who had to fight for what he got and not just given to him by the system. You tank your privilege club rating down to bronze and you 1 v 5 the other teams back up to gold or higher at the same time losing 50 while only gaining 3 or at most 10. If you manage to do that fully solo while streaming every match. I’ll reinstall GW2 back on my PC just to gift you what ever item you want from the gem store.

That’s how confident I am that you are all talk and troll, and no walk or action. Should you accept I’ll be here. But I’ll put a high value gem item on the line to say you won’t. shagwell.1349

But to the OP yeah you have to at least play one game every 3 days to not get decay.

Are you serious? You get like 100 rating back every match you play. Only gaining 3 or at most 10 lmao.

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I’ll try investigating this more, but from what I undestand your decayed rating doesn’t determine who you are matched against.

Decay doesn’t affect your opponents or your team mates. There is a thing called “Effective Rating” that is used, which is your rating without the decay. The reason why players with decay “climb” up is because you always lose decay if you play, even if you lose a match. So your effective rating will drop if you lose, but you will get reduced decay too.

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I’ll try investigating this more, but from what I undestand your decayed rating doesn’t determine who you are matched against. So in theory, when you came back you were still playing against gold players. Your decayed rating only affects your leader board position and nothing else.

Been playing some ESO lately, so I’ll stay off GW2 PvP for a couple of weeks to let my rating decay, and then I’ll check the ratings of everyone in the match to see how it placed me and post my results.

What’s your ESO @name. I asks this because if you need help over there I will be very happy to help. I’m @Fearless_Being btw nice to meet you.

This is my Harem http://imgur.com/gallery/5Nlkf .

BTW ANet, I love the 40 minute Flood Control. It’s awesome lol. I wonder if your Reddit would be as interesting?

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

This is correct. Decay does not affect your matchmaking. With our current decay settings, you can work off your decay in 7 games.

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

This is correct. Decay does not affect your matchmaking. With our current decay settings, you can work off your decay in 7 games.

Wait, that means;
1) a correct placed player will have a match making with 50/50 win rate
2) decay reduces the division
3) but you gain it back when you win all games, in the previous division you had a 50/50 win rate
D) something here seems odd

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Why does it seem that you gain/lose a lot more MMR when you have decay?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Wait, that means;
3) but you gain it back when you win all games, in the previous division you had a 50/50 win rate

You gain back 100 points of decayed rating per game played, not per game won.

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Spicy.2481

Spicy.2481

Wait, that means;

This is incorrect. I tested the decay partly because i was on holidays, the max decay is 700. If you win games, you get 100 off of decay every time and you gain rating on top of that, if you lose, your decay stays the same but you lose your rating. So decay is there basically just to prevent ppl who reached leaderboard from staying there without playing games.

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Wait, that means;

This is incorrect. I tested the decay partly because i was on holidays, the max decay is 700. If you win games, you get 100 off of decay every time and you gain rating on top of that, if you lose, your decay stays the same but you lose your rating. So decay is there basically just to prevent ppl who reached leaderboard from staying there without playing games.

You lose 100 decay a game regardless of win or loss

Attachments:

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

If you win all 7 games (precision)

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

Decay ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

If you will all 7 games (precision)

For the 2nd time, decay is removed at a rate of 100 per game played. You do not have to win. For proof, see the screenshot immediately prior to your post.