Delete Celesital Amulet

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Nothing has been done yet, will keep the posts rolling.

Attachments:

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: Damsel Delilah.9084

Damsel Delilah.9084

I wouldn’t say delete, but definitely tone it down.

Demise – Elementalist/Warrior
We Have No Creativity [FML]- r.i.p. 2013
http://www.twitch.tv/attuneddemise

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

it’s not the amulet it’s the players that need the nerf. cele is really only viable for two classes anyway, so let’s say cele gets nerfed what then?

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Firebird.8324

3 classes, warrior, engi, and ele

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

celestial amulet is fine.

improve might boon stripping options.

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Celestial currently offers more total stats than other focused sets.

This was fine in PvE because the emphasis on DPS placed a greater weight on the damage stats.

In PvP all stats can be effectively utilized, so it should not be unreasonable to make the total stats of Celestial equal to that of a more focused amulet. There may even possibly be an argument for making the total stats a bit less.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Improving might stripping options, nerfing just ele, war, and engi, nerfing might stacking in genral, nerfing the amulet itself are all suitable solutions with one flaw. All of these answers will effect FAR MORE than just pvp, they will cause problems in WvW, PVE, etc.

This is why, the easiest and quickest solution is to remove it from Spvp entirely, or even as a temporary solution until a better one is found.

Remember that some action taken occasionally, whether good or bad, is better then no action in more than SIX MONTHS

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Improving might stripping options, nerfing just ele, war, and engi, nerfing might stacking in genral, nerfing the amulet itself are all suitable solutions with one flaw. All of these answers will effect FAR MORE than just pvp, they will cause problems in WvW, PVE, etc.

This is why, the easiest and quickest solution is to remove it from Spvp entirely, or even as a temporary solution until a better one is found.

Remember that some action taken occasionally, whether good or bad, is better then no action in more than SIX MONTHS

what are your thoughts on how additional might/boon strips will wreck things in pve/wvw?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Firebird.8324

what are your thoughts on how additional might/boon strips will wreck things in pve/wvw?

It is not at all about how those other changes will wreck things in pve/wvw. The reason WHY nothing has been changed in half a year is because those suggestions will nonetheless effect things in other parts of the game which will cause more time to pass before changes can go through.

If the solution, delete celestial FROM spvp, is put into effect it will ONLY effect spvp (in a VERY positive way), and because if this it can be implemented sooner. (fingers crossed for when I log on tomorrow)

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Remove celestial so eles can go back to soldiers/valk and engis go back to rabid, which are countered even heavier by condi (necros, owait) than they are now. Warriors would literally be pushed out of the meta unless they run soldiers (or zerk, lol), so their support decreases dramatically that they drop below mes tier. Given the state of the current meta, removal of celestial pushes us back to the condi meta than ever, given more people playing engi, but it does not address the consistent might stacks which make celestial so strong.

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Just remove Power/Condition/Critical Damage from the Amulet, so hybrid builds have to invest in order to get damage with there sustain.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

How does nerfing the item “Celestial Amulet (PvP)” affect the rest of the game outside of PvP?

I’ve already offered my rationale on why Celestial stats in PvE are balanced and justified, and how the change should not extend over.

WvW will remain unchanged (and unbalanced) as it is seen more as a PPT match with some sandbox PvP. I wouldn’t worry about WvW being affected by Celestial changes until things like guardian dodge heal non-PvP trait, the Dire stat set, and Nourishment buffs get looked at.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

It is not at all about how those other changes will wreck things in pve/wvw. The reason WHY nothing has been changed in half a year is because those suggestions will nonetheless effect things in other parts of the game which will cause more time to pass before changes can go through.

If the solution, delete celestial FROM spvp, is put into effect it will ONLY effect spvp (in a VERY positive way), and because if this it can be implemented sooner. (fingers crossed for when I log on tomorrow)

oh, i just wanted to know if your rationale is rational. i guess not. i guess you are just so focused on “nerf cele NOW” that you arent even thinking about anything else. i mean, usually when people shut down a response like you did, theres some kind of reasoning why. so i just asked for your opinion, but i guess you actually dont have one.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Delete Celesital Amulet

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

celestial amulet is fine.

lololol. Best joke of the day. I seriously hope it was a joke. It was funny either way.