in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Just use tomahawks.

Delete Pvp record

in PvP

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I played an FPS game where you could reset your KDR. Kill/death ratio for like 10 bucks.
It still a nice option if you give people a second chance. A friend of mine had 1.12 KDR ( which is trash) he reset and got 2.80+ by playing normally after that.

Would be nice if it was possible in gw2. Sometimes you get a lucky or unlucky start.

wut. why… who cares about kdr, unless you play with league/rank teams and attend tournaments and have an active sponser, that was a waste of $10

Delete Pvp record

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Best advice I can give for this situation don’t worry about matches won:lost because people on the front page of leaderboard don’t necessarily have an amazing ratio, the best have 60-70% but some of them also have 50%. If you’re about 50% don’t sweat it. mmr matters way more than w:l, high w:l usually means playing at 3am and waiting 10+ min. to steamroll pugs. Not always but you know.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Delete Pvp record

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Why does it matter you could even have a 70%loss and 30%win ratio and be in the top part of the leaderboard.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Delete Pvp record

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

This thread brings up a good point: A lot of people are obsessed with kill:loss ratio and will do many things that are detrimental to PVP as a whole to avoid getting legitimate losses, such as:
1) swapping teams to the winning team in hotjoin or leaving early to avoid losses (causing their team to definitely lose in an outmatched game),
2) disconnecting during tPVP matches (leaderboard still records a loss, but I am not sure if their personal character record does)

Given how often this happens, the kill:loss ratio is such a meaningless stat that it might be best for the community as a whole if ANET removed it from the pvp stats. This might help the 4v5 problem in tPVP since the fear of having a recorded loss on their character sheet won’t be a motivator for quitting early.

(edited by Kharr.5746)

Delete Pvp record

in PvP

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Win:lose and KDR mean nothing when there is so many varying factors that influence them.

Unless you’re self conscious about it for some reason, then my advice is to stop worrying.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Delete Pvp record

in PvP

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

But in a FPS game your KDR is exttremly important because it only depends on you. You can be paired with bads , lose 100% of your games and still have an amazing KDR and be on top of the ladder.

Amazing KDR almost always means nothing in PUG modes.
- Camping
- Kill stealing / last hitting
- Cheating or versing cheaters (haxxo00rrzz)
- Cheese guns (depending on game)
- Cheese ‘perks’ (if its that filthy scrub laughably bad CoD money milking franchise)
- “Role” (Depending on the game, some roles are for support, not killing)

Said PUG hero is probably terrible at all forms of team composition and tactics as well.

Unless its stats strictly taken from organized team tournaments, those count, sadly its never strictly this.

So no, KDR is not important or any kind of measurable statistic.

Other factors for other team games:
- Disconnects
- Leavers
- Too many builds in the game, your composition can’t beat the ones you verse, a lot of unlucky match ups in a row.
- Hackers
- Botters

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

Delete Pvp record

in PvP

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

Seriously a delete history is option is pointless… Because doing it for spvp is idiotic as it is more luck than skill, and you won’t get high in tpvp unless you’re in a fixed team.

Why can’t you get high ranking in solo queue nowadays:

• Skyhammer is based around cheesy builds for knockbacks and pulls instead of actually using the whole package of your character.
  • Too many afkers & leavers, creating a lot of 4v5.
  • Too many morons who don’t know what spvp is actually about, causing you to lose the ppt anyway

If you’re lucky to avoid first 3 parts you might find yourself 95%+, or else you’ll be stuck in % limbo forever, because 1 good player can’t carry 2 scrubs.

For team queue:

• Once you bump into 94% you’re bound to bump into premade teams constantly. So unless you create your own team with capable players who can play regularly in the same times as you do, you might stand a chance of popping in top 1000.