Delete Warrior Stances

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Delete them from Utility skills.

And instead add them as new Burst skills.

Example:

F3 Endure Pain
F4 Balanced Stance
F5 Berseker Stance

=====

• These Burst skills can be balanced easily by making them a cooldown based skills or Adrenaline consuming skills or a mixture of both
  • You can put whatever Stance skill you desire in these 3 new F slots like (Frenzy, Defiant Stance)

(edited by Juba.8406)

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

standardize them too!
all 8 seconds duration!

endure pain
pulse protection, regeneration, resistance each second
require 30 adrenaline

balance stance
pulse stability, swiftness each second
require 20 adrenaline

berserker stance
pulse resistance each second
require 10 adrenaline

frenzy
pulse might, quickness each second
require 10 adrenaline

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

standardize them too!
all 8 seconds duration!

endure pain
require 30 adrenaline

balance stance
require 20 adrenaline

berserker stance
require 10 adrenaline

frenzy
require 10 adrenaline

That would mean: Never ever use burst abilities, no ty.

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Stances are MUST now for warriors (atleast two of them) to survive post HoT. I’d love to have a total rework of the functionality as well as usage. Since warriors start with 0 adrenaline and starts decaying at light speed after 2 sec of OOC, tying stances to adrenaline will be a bad idea IMO. You won’t be able to use them in emergency situations like you can now. I really expected they’d lower some of the current CD in the last patch but I was wrong.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Example:

F3 Endure Pain
F4 Balanced Stance
F5 Berseker Stance

=====

• These Burst skills can be balanced easily by making them a cooldown based skills or Adrenaline consuming skills or a mixture of both
  • You can put whatever Stance skill you desire in these 3 new F slots like (Frenzy, Defiant Stance)

Nope,that’s just stupid. That will make warriir OP. Warrior do not need a buff or anything. They are pretty strong atm. You just don’t know how to build them. Lol I got my kitten handed to me by a warriir harder than anymore I ve thought thus far. So learn to play the class dude.

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Juba.8406

I got my kitten handed to me by a warriir harder than anymore I ve thought thus far. So learn to play the class dude.

ummm ?!

Actually you are right, its a l2p issue but for you.

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Juba.8406

standardize them too!
all 8 seconds duration!

endure pain
require 30 adrenaline

balance stance
require 20 adrenaline

berserker stance
require 10 adrenaline

frenzy
require 10 adrenaline

That would mean: Never ever use burst abilities, no ty.

Agreed

this is too much Deimos Tel Arin

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Juba.8406

tying stances to adrenaline will be a bad idea IMO. You won’t be able to use them in emergency situations like you can now.

I agree with you.

These bursts should be balanced by cooldown/duration 1st, but if Anet liked this idea but with Adrenaline consumption, then bring it, it would be way better than what we have currently.

Don’t forget with this change our utility bar will be freed from stances, so more skills to use.

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

tying stances to adrenaline will be a bad idea IMO. You won’t be able to use them in emergency situations like you can now.

I agree with you.

These bursts should be balanced by cooldown/duration 1st, but if Anet liked this idea but with Adrenaline consumption, then bring it, it would be way better than what we have currently.

Don’t forget with this change our utility bar will be freed from stances, so more skills to use.

Yes but beside the stances there are no active defensive utility that a warrior possesses. Dolyak signet sure gives a 180 toughbess boost but that won’t counter the power creep. Stances CD reduction is more required than tying defense stances to adrenaline IMO. 1 min is too much fot a partial invuln skill like a endure pain with 1/15 uptime.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

F6 rampage
F7 battle standard
F8 signet of rage
F9 load the game from your last save

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

(edited by Lexander.4579)

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I like the idea a lot, but giving a class free stuff will create a feeding frenzy.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

F6 rampage
F7 battle standard
F8 signet of rage
F9 load the game from your last save

This!!! A net what are you waiting for. And also if I may

F10 quicksave while in combat

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I’ve just given up on the class.
it was fun for a long while, but it’s just bad and bland now. stances as f skills could change that, but I just don’t have the faith in anet.

I’ll be playing DH and Engi wondering why I have 2 80 warriors.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: Khainz.6215

Khainz.6215

I like it (my post need 15 characters)

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

it was fun for a long while, but it’s just bad and bland now. stances as f skills could change that, but I just don’t have the faith in anet.

I hope by fun you didn’t mean OP right?

Can’t wait to rekt you on the battle field with my warrior. OK to be fair. I’ll rek you and your other DH friend since 2 DH is the thing these days. You have given up because you don’t want to improve plain and simple. Warrior is a high skill class not because of our mechs but because of the timing. You have to time your skills at the right time. .. obv you haven’t gone up against wilsonstorm in game cause that dude hit like a truck. (And he is also a warrior )

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Can’t wait to rekt you on the battle field with my warrior. OK to be fair. I’ll rek you and your other DH friend since 2 DH is the thing these days. You have given up because you don’t want to improve plain and simple. Warrior is a high skill class not because of our mechs but because of the timing. You have to time your skills at the right time. .. obv you haven’t gone up against wilsonstorm in game cause that dude hit like a truck. (And he is also a warrior )

why would i spend my time practicing on the worst class in the game when i could spend it practicing on a strong and viable class, like scrapper or DH? like, homes what is the point?

i know timing matters on warrior, i’ve played the class since beta. regardless, timing matters for all classes, so great timing on an actually viable class > great timing on the worst class in the game.

is warrior damage good, yeah it is- but it’s sustain is trash. DH and scrapper have equal if not better damage and miles better sustain, and have deeper and more interesting mechanics.

you can be arrogant and assume you’re better than me based on nothing at all. go pat yourself on the back or do whatever you do.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

why would i spend my time practicing on the worst class in the game when i could spend it practicing on a strong and viable class, like scrapper or DH? like, homes what is the point?

i know timing matters on warrior, i’ve played the class since beta. regardless, timing matters for all classes, so great timing on an actually viable class > great timing on the worst class in the game.

is warrior damage good, yeah it is- but it’s sustain is trash. DH and scrapper have equal if not better damage and miles better sustain, and have deeper and more interesting mechanics.

you can be arrogant and assume you’re better than me based on nothing at all. go pat yourself on the back or do whatever you do.

Nope,I def understood what you meant and never said I was better than you or anything. I was just making a suggestion but ok…

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Juba.8406

I agree with you.

Yes but beside the stances there are no active defensive utility that a warrior possesses. Dolyak signet sure gives a 180 toughbess boost but that won’t counter the power creep. Stances CD reduction is more required than tying defense stances to adrenaline IMO. 1 min is too much fot a partial invuln skill like a endure pain with 1/15 uptime.

Signets/Physicals/Banners/Shouts will see some use, since Stances is out of the way.

Adrenaline could get some rework with this change.

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

…errrr

but why?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Juba.8406

…errrr

but why?

Why <- is a long story

Short answer : Play Warrior

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Short answer : Play Warrior

bro if stances are good why wouldn’t i play a warrior

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Would finally free up utility slots for literally anything else.

About as likely as the baseline Fast Hands, though. Considering how many constructive ways to rebalance warriors we have seen posted here over the last few months and how little of a difference that made in the end.

We got this instead:

Warrior

We’ve taken a look at the warrior’s baseline abilities, adjusting cooldowns, damage, and in some cases even functionality. Our goal for this iteration is to give you a bit more to play with in a single weapon set so that the cooldowns feel more active and fun to play around with. Rifle has also seen a bit of a rework, gaining a more defensive nature while retaining its overall purpose of kill-shotting every enemy of Tyria. We’ll also be taking another pass at improving the berserker elite specialization, focusing on increasing its usability in various game modes and promoting more active skill use in trait design. Lastly, we’ll improve the warrior’s ability to sustain themselves in combat.

Example:

F3 Endure Pain
F4 Balanced Stance
F5 Berseker Stance

=====

Nope,that’s just stupid. That will make warriir OP. Warrior do not need a buff or anything. They are pretty strong atm. You just don’t know how to build them. Lol I got my kitten handed to me by a warriir harder than anymore I ve thought thus far. So learn to play the class dude.

Now that is a good joke. Doesn’t even matter if you are serious or not.

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

About as likely as the baseline Fast Hands, though. Considering how many constructive ways to rebalance warriors we have seen posted here over the last few months and how little of a difference that made in the end.

We got this instead:

Warrior

We’ve taken a look at the warrior’s baseline abilities, adjusting cooldowns, damage, and in some cases even functionality. Our goal for this iteration is to give you a bit more to play with in a single weapon set so that the cooldowns feel more active and fun to play around with. Rifle has also seen a bit of a rework, gaining a more defensive nature while retaining its overall purpose of kill-shotting every enemy of Tyria. We’ll also be taking another pass at improving the berserker elite specialization, focusing on increasing its usability in various game modes and promoting more active skill use in trait design. Lastly, we’ll improve the warrior’s ability to sustain themselves in combat.

Example:

F3 Endure Pain
F4 Balanced Stance
F5 Berseker Stance

=====

Have you ever fought against wilsonstorm? And btw I wasn’t joking we are pretty strong atm, what we are missing is synergy with our teammates.

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Henry.5713

We got this instead:

Warrior

Example:

F3 Endure Pain
F4 Balanced Stance
F5 Berseker Stance

=====

Have you ever fought against wilsonstorm? And btw I wasn’t joking we are pretty strong atm, what we are missing is synergy with our teammates.

Why wouldn’t you want to see this change if all we lack is team synergy? Changing warrior stances thus would free up three utilities slots. That makes room for other utilities which might actually synergize with your team.

And about the other part, asking me whether I fought Wilsonstorm as an indication for warrior balance is a bit amusing. Almost as amusing as you taking a duel against him as an indication.
And anyways, all I know about Wilsonstorm is that he has a stream. I take it you consider him one of the top warriors out there.
Then the question should be whether he ( or any top warrior ) fought other top players and how that ended.

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

We got this instead:

Warrior

Example:

F3 Endure Pain
F4 Balanced Stance
F5 Berseker Stance

=====

Why wouldn’t you want to see this change if all we lack is team synergy? Changing warrior stances thus would free up three utilities slots. That makes room for other utilities which might actually synergize with your team.

And about the other part, asking me whether I fought Wilsonstorm as an indication for warrior balance is a bit amusing. Almost as amusing as you taking a duel against him as an indication.
And anyways, all I know about Wilsonstorm is that he has a stream. I take it you consider him one of the top warriors out there.
Then the question should be whether he ( or any top warrior ) fought other top players and how that ended.

But what you are proposing is not how it should be done. If anything this ideas of yours would make warrior OP.

Delete Warrior Stances

in PvP

Henry.5713

We got this instead:

Warrior

Example:

F3 Endure Pain
F4 Balanced Stance
F5 Berseker Stance

=====

But what you are proposing is not how it should be done. If anything this ideas of yours would make warrior OP.

There have been dozens of proposed buffs and changes to warriors over the months. Always leaving the option to rebalance and readjust the exact numbers should it proof as too powerful.
Yet, if you are already of the opinion that warriors are perfectly fine, rather strong even and are so quick to throw around the “OP” once small buffs are considered then why even bother to ask in the first place?

But since you did, one or two of these (yes, I don’t mean all of them at once):

- rebalance the trait value and placement
- rebalance some weapon skills and most burst skills
- rebalance some utility skills
- add an elite shout or stance

or the more drastic:

- Stance rework
- Adrenalin rework
- Third weapon set
- Weapon rework

Anyways, we can just agree to disagree. That is how it started and that is how it will end even if we continue for another hundred pages.