Delete the guild missions !!!

in PvP

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

Hi, is it normal that PVE braindead ppl ruin pvp player experience?

The don’t want to win and just here on the map to summon heroes

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

This. At least just make the guild missions reward stuff only useful for frequent pvpers.

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Me and my buddies pulled 6 summons in 1 map and won without losing our first set of guards.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: worminator.5174

worminator.5174

The existence of PvP Missions itself is not the problem. My PvP- Guild is happy to get a chance to build our Guíldhall without going to PvE. The real problem are Guildmissions which dont encourage to play successful.
Summoning Heros is one example, personal score is another one. Especially personalscore missions are annoying. Most of the time our guild decided the outcome of the match to early, personal score was not even near the points. Personal score can be an mission that punish good teamplay. And even in close matches you get punished after 15 minutes if both sides where fighting in an balanced match on three notes.
In the end we also made this personal score missions, but only because we activated the score-missions permanently the whole week every match. At some point you can make this mission random.

Conclusion: PvP Missions are good, but only the rankpoint- and “win the match”-missions. Personalscore and hero-missions can be a reason to stop trying to win a match as good as possible. Maybe they should change these mission to a "stomping mission or an “capping mission”. Or for stronghold some kind of mission like “win your match without loosing both/one door on your side”

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

My guild once landed in a situation where we had to throw our second match so it would end as quickly as possible so we could receive the personal score before the guild mission timed out.

in PvP

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

My guild once landed in a situation where we had to throw our second match so it would end as quickly as possible so we could receive the personal score before the guild mission timed out.

Every time we’ve done score based missions, we got the personal reward chests and the guild’s mission completion mid match as soon as the requisite team score total was acquired. What mission were you doing that required you to throw a match?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Every time we’ve done score based missions, we got the personal reward chests and the guild’s mission completion mid match as soon as the requisite team score total was acquired. What mission were you doing that required you to throw a match?

i think Kuya is referring to rank points pvp missions.

our guild had to do that once.
the 5 of us won foefire on our first game, but the first queue time was too long.
we barely made it in time for the 2nd game.

we lost the temple match in exactly 4 minutes.
that was the 8k rank points missions.

rank points missions are the worst, as rank points are only awarded at the end of the match.

personal score, summon mist heroes are better as both are awarded instantly.

in PvP

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Ah yeah, the rank points ones, as those aren’t awarded until match completion. Makes sense. Not sure how they could fix that to deincentivize throwing matches.

Maybe PvP missions shouldn’t have time limits, but rather match limits in stead?

So you start the mission and que, the mission has an effectively infinite time limit but automatically cancels at the end of a match?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Ah yeah, the rank points ones, as those aren’t awarded until match completion. Makes sense. Not sure how they could fix that to deincentivize throwing matches.

Maybe PvP missions shouldn’t have time limits, but rather match limits in stead?

So you start the mission and que, the mission has an effectively infinite time limit but automatically cancels at the end of a match?

queue times can be from 2 minutes onwards to 4 minutes or even longer for full 5 man guild teams. plus there is a 2 minutes warm up time before the time even starts!

that is like waiting 5 minutes at least to play a 10 minutes game!

they could just simply increase the time limit.
simple to code and change.

they could freeze the timer until one team gets into a game, not counting the 2 minutes warm up time.

but i think they could be too much trouble for them.

increasing the time limit would be a good start.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Yea, must have been the rank points one. It was a funny situation. We just decided to zerg their lord non stop once we realized we couldn’t steamroll them.

They were very confused by our sudden change in tactics.

edit: 45m-1hr for pvp guild missions seems fair depending on type.

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

The 18 champion and kill 2 lords is so stupid. Make it about winning seriously, the rank points is fine. My guild we ran 2 matches and had like 5 min ques but we dominated teh matches 500-100 in each so we were able to get them. Still its kind of donkey for them to do stuff not around actual tactics.

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Condi player talking about ruining pvp lel

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

The existence of PvP Missions itself is not the problem. My PvP- Guild is happy to get a chance to build our Guíldhall without going to PvE. The real problem are Guildmissions which dont encourage to play successful.
Summoning Heros is one example, personal score is another one. Especially personalscore missions are annoying. Most of the time our guild decided the outcome of the match to early, personal score was not even near the points. Personal score can be an mission that punish good teamplay. And even in close matches you get punished after 15 minutes if both sides where fighting in an balanced match on three notes.
In the end we also made this personal score missions, but only because we activated the score-missions permanently the whole week every match. At some point you can make this mission random.

Conclusion: PvP Missions are good, but only the rankpoint- and “win the match”-missions. Personalscore and hero-missions can be a reason to stop trying to win a match as good as possible. Maybe they should change these mission to a "stomping mission or an “capping mission”. Or for stronghold some kind of mission like “win your match without loosing both/one door on your side”

^^ So much this!!!

This Summon heroes Mission not only makes PvEers ruin the fun for PvPers but me and my team was thinking ‘Maby we should just defend and summon alot of heroes’. We didn’t but this is totally plauseble that others do so this is not a good PvP mission. PvP missions should be only about winning (But with a few specific conditions as worminator.5174 suggested).

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Cat with Hat.9781

Fat Cat with Hat.9781

Hello everyone,

as a member of the team in the screenshot, i have to say that we went for the win the whole time. We were just fooling around a bit while waiting for the heroes.
We also won the game.

But i agree that most of the sPvP missions are poorly designed, especially the hero summoning. It is nearly impossible with one guild team, not because you don´t have a chance to get every hero but because the time is not enough. You spent 20 of the 55 Minutes in the Queue easily.

We failed our guild mission (2mins for the last hero), but we still won every game.
For most missions you have to win anyway.

Regards

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I actually came here to post about this mission … it’s a bad mission.

Not because it’s difficult … difficult is fine … it’s because it encourages doing something other than winning.

18 channels means you have to spend about 3 games (or more if you miss a few) doing nothing but channeling. If you have an opportunity to win the match before all the channels are up … don’t take it, wait for the channels.

And if you do get them all, thanks to the timer on the mission (another bad idea for PvP missions, should remove the timer and make it within a certain number of matches) you want the match to end as quickly as possible so you can get into the next one. What’s the fastest way to do that? AFK at spawn and let the other team kill your lord for free.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

It’s annoying getting stuck in these guild matches.

Earlier today we went against a 4 man guild team. Their 5th guildie ended up in our team. So guess what, the guy QUITS the match and leaves us outnumbered so he could give his guildies a free win.

Scumbags.

Attachments:

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster