Denial Esports moving on from GW2

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

So funny, he talks about how he doesn’t want people to use his words in this video to bash anet and they are leaving because they can no longer compete as a team. Then here we have a whole thread of people using this video to bash the game and talking about how he was only interested in money. Lol, too funny.

Couldn’t compete? Ha! BS. Then they should’ve left at the START of the season where it was known that 5v5 wasn’t going to be in.

No no no. They left because the e-sport money dried up, pure and simple.

You are fooling yourself if you think that pro teams ever considered ranked competitive. Only comprtition for them came from voice chat pro teams tryharding, not random pugs lmao

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Hanth.2978

Hanth.2978

So funny, he talks about how he doesn’t want people to use his words in this video to bash anet and they are leaving because they can no longer compete as a team. Then here we have a whole thread of people using this video to bash the game and talking about how he was only interested in money. Lol, too funny.

Couldn’t compete? Ha! BS. Then they should’ve left at the START of the season where it was known that 5v5 wasn’t going to be in.

Good god you come across as a hater. These e-sport players have put out videos and live streamed content to help us be better pvp players. They shared builds, shared strategies and most importantly brought more awareness to the pvp community. Did you watch the whole video? They tried to promote guild wars 2 as an e-sport game but Anet was not helping at all and the last time they helped was back in September. These guys were the best of the very best and having players like that in a game only benefits the community. You might not miss them but a lot of us will.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

You are fooling yourself if you think that pro teams ever considered ranked competitive. Only comprtition for them came from voice chat pro teams tryharding, not random pugs lmao

I never said ranked was competitive, I was just pointing out their BS excuse about how they “couldn’t compete”. It proves my point. The money dried up!

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

But soon he will get bored of paragon/smite. Of that i’m sure He will enjoy ‘working for his money’ much less.

I cannot speak for smite but Paragon is sick! Paragon is the best game I have played that is cross platform between PC and PS4. Back to the issue though, it’s sad to see Denial leave, this game only benefited from their presence. They brought more awareness to the game through twitch and youtube videos. Good luck guys in smite!

Paragon is deeply underrated, & the devs are great.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/120344507

For those of you who don’t frequent reddit/watch helseth

SMITE ?!?!!

FINE !!!

NO REGRETS !

Attachments:

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Remember the fancy chart they made when s1 launched and how they were all hyping the kitten out of the upcoming year? Sure pvp had massive problems at that time, but introducing seasons were a huge step in the right direction. The pvp community grew so much. People actually care. Just look how the gw2 subreddit changed in 2016.

And now anet suddenly stops communicating and shows all their esl teams the middle finger?

If there won’t be any tournaments anymore just say it! Everyone will understand since there are valid arguments against these events, even if it would be a stupid decision in my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

the amount of people that are missing the point and blame the lack of 5-man queue for no competitive scene is ridiculous…

so let me write that out for you guys —→it doesnt kittening matter if there is no 5-man queue because no esports team gives a kitten about ranked<-—

THE PROBLEM is there are no toruneys, for almost half a year anet hasnt said a word about toruneys, and without a torunament there cant be a competitve esports scene

and thats why it doesnt kittening matter if we have duo,solo or 5-man queue, for esports players ranked is just usefull to entertain people on stream, NOT to make money like they want as pro players

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

To me smite looks like a completely different game tbh.. wondering how the “transmission” from gw2 to smite is supposed to be easy

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Good luck in another sport/scene.

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Dadefyl.1908

Dadefyl.1908

I never said ranked was competitive, I was just pointing out their BS excuse about how they “couldn’t compete”. It proves my point. The money dried up!

Dunno why you come across so angry though? I think you are a little sad to see them go as well…and you lash out.

I mean aren’t pro players sponsored? How will they go about to “give back” to their sponsors if there are no big events to win to help show off their skills and build their brand as a team?

As I understand it the lack of transparency from ANet is the main issue. Either say that e-sports is off the table and all the pro teams can move on, or organize some event for them to train for if they want to keep it. But they say NOTHING!

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Why should ANET run tourney’s? I don’t see what they gain, beyond potential tax writeoffs.

The viewership hasn’t been high. The players themselves have been toxic at times. I’d much rather the money was spent on PvP and/or LS.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Dadefyl.1908

Dadefyl.1908

Why should ANET run tourney’s? I don’t see what they gain, beyond potential tax writeoffs.

The viewership hasn’t been high. The players themselves have been toxic at times. I’d much rather the money was spent on PvP and/or LS.

Why they made the push for e-sports we don’t know only that they did. What is requested is information about their future plans. Do the reasons they pushed for e-sport still exist so they will continue or not?

If they have NO plans to continue with the e-sport push why not just say so? Seems to me they are unsure themselves? Why is it so hard to give information about the direction the game is going?

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Lol, if 2 pro league players as a duo pretty much dominate a match as it is now just how do you think a full 5 man of DNL will do? They will roflstomp the other team 500-50 unless they come up against another ESL team which lets be honest there’s only really a small number at the top even capable of giving a good match atm.

They are also trying to make a living off esports, we all know is this but you can’t pay bills if there’s no money coming in and we don’t know when the next tournament is.

Anyway I wish the best for them as they go to SMITE and hopefully they won’t be gone forever.

Obligatory “can I has your stuff pls?”

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Come on, man. Did anyone actually think these pro-leaguers were looking out for this community? NOPE, they’re in it for themselves. They just want to get paid. They don’t care about making the basic features and structural changes that pvp needs that benefit the majority of people. So now that the cash dries up, they leave.

Dude, they don’t owe you or anyone else anything. Not a dime. It was their skill that got them on top and ONLY their good will that they even got involved in trying to keep the competitive scene strong and teaching us plebs how to play the game instead of sucking hard.
They gave suggestions and constructive feedback, just like majority of community did. Anet didn’t listen much. What else is there for them?
If they have chance to earn money playing games somewhere else they have all the freedom to do so. Absolutely nothing binds them to the GW2 game. If anything community and Anet owe them – because these players shared a lot of their knowledge with anyone willing to learn.

I highly agree with you.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

You do know esports players have one of the shortest career life? I’d say a whole team waiting for announcement on future direction/possibility of tourney for 6 months has already demonstrate enough blind faith.

Esports by definition is a job. People spend time training for it instead of earning money through other means. A decade or so after their youth, players will start to lose their reflexes, endurance and plasticity to continue. It’s a cruel industry and anyone who dwells in it have to make do with what they can. Fans should just maintain a professional relationship rather than getting too attached or becoming fearful/spiteful of abandonment.

If you want to get anything out of that video, is that they didn’t actually leave per se. He just said they’ll compete in other game until GW2 actually have another tourney. The only request he made was more transparency, not balance, not MMR, not team/soloQ.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

But you actually did, read your own post lmao

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Can I get their gold? bb.

in PvP

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Whats up with the video the OP linked? Twitch says its no longer available. Helseth’s channel wont even load for me. And I cant see any new videos on his YT channel either…

Did he do this himself/his account or did Anet take leagal (or other) actions against him?

This is what twitch says about the issue:

‘Sorry. Unless you’ve got a time machine, that content is unavailable. The community has closed this channel due to terms of service violations.’

Any thoughts?

enthusiastic noob

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Whats up with the video the OP linked? Twitch says its no longer available. Helseth’s channel wont even load for me. And I cant see any new videos on his YT channel either…

Did he do this himself/his account or did Anet take leagal (or other) actions against him?

This is what twitch says about the issue:

‘Sorry. Unless you’ve got a time machine, that content is unavailable. The community has closed this channel due to terms of service violations.’

Any thoughts?

Try again. It plays fine on my end.

The gist is that they are leaving due to anet’s lack of support for the competitive scene, and lack of communication about their plans for said scene. I would recommend you watch the video tho.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Couldn’t compete as in there is now nowhere left for them to play as a team in a competitive environment, that isn’t just limited to the absence of 5v5 team queues, nor is it indicative that they only want the money.

However, even if they are leaving due to the lack of prize money, I can’t fathom how anybody would insult them over that.

Point is, they are a professional pvp team leaving a game that no longer has a competitive pvp team environment, whether it be through the pvp seasons, in game tournaments, or world tournaments. Anyone insulting them for doing so is either trolling or just spiteful.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Thane.9421

Thane.9421

Just in here to echo that it’s not just paid tournaments that are lacking, the whole competitive environment is falling apart. With the interviews during the last Worlds and the end of AG, it was pretty obvious where things were going.

It’s too bad, because I think competitive GW2 is a pretty unique experience, and I’m not sure there’s another game out there that is a good substitution. There are plenty of high-skill cap team games, don’t get me wrong, but for me, FPS just aren’t as engaging.

Oh well, maybe if Anet had invested more into creating an in-game architecture for creating tournaments and generating rewards, and had been consistent with balancing PvP separately from PvE, and focused first on building an actual competitive community of decent size before actually dividing that community into sponsored Pros and the rest of us, they might still have something to work with. But they didn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Woof.8246

Woof.8246

I dont even know you , but good luck

In the other side if he builts a fanbase in Smite , he can allure them here later on .
If ppl can get ’’trained’’ to cycle between games and companies that punches slightly each other with character’s quotes , then there wont be any need for GW2 to spent millions on attracting players with advertisements

Captain Kuro

in PvP

Posted by: Kreweless.2196

Kreweless.2196

I’d much rather the money was spent on PvP and/or LS.

Samesies. And since ArenaNet has spent so much time building a game that we play alone, together, maybe we’ll see a shift towards 1v1 or at least 3v3 combat over ring-around-the-pointy.

I’d rather have quicker games that require just ME to be good than games that required my reliance on strangers that aren’t even incentivized to win (see: I’m just here for my raid gear, Season 5) in a team environment that voted to ban team-queuing (HOW?).

Gimmick builds and rock, paper, scissors – OR – inept MMR and skyrocketing toxicity during a pro-player exodus: Oh, the choices!

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

I’d much rather the money was spent on PvP and/or LS.

Samesies. And since ArenaNet has spent so much time building a game that we play alone, together, maybe we’ll see a shift towards 1v1 or at least 3v3 combat over ring-around-the-pointy.

I’d rather have quicker games that require just ME to be good than games that required my reliance on strangers that aren’t even incentivized to win (see: I’m just here for my raid gear, Season 5) in a team environment that voted to ban team-queuing (HOW?).

Gimmick builds and rock, paper, scissors – OR – inept MMR and skyrocketing toxicity during a pro-player exodus: Oh, the choices!

Well I do agree that tournament play / esports was forced too heavily by anet too soon. They should have focused their efforts into the actual game for actual players. Focusing on balancing the game and letting the playerbase itself determine gw2’s esport worth.

Anet relies too heavily on their marketing team. They do have a great marketing team tbf lol. I mean I hate to sound so bogus but all those 100 accolades they quote on their home page were all earned in the first quarter or earlier of the games release.

I also think the game should allow for more 1v1 balancing but as it is now it isn’t. Some classes are just giong to outperform others in 1v1’s and thats intentional. (Q_Q Reaper). Some weapons are meant for certain game modes (Q_Q Necro GS).

All this can be fixed. They can allow each class to perform all roles but perform them in their own way and their own style. This goes back to their original plans to break free of the traditional holy trinity. You can still have a holy trinity but for some reason GW2 has decided to make it class specific instead of allowing the player to spec for it.

As an example. A thief should be able to build as a support and used to have support builds like the ninja medic (which was awesome).

In the end, Anet just panic’d. They had a great idea but couldn’t see it through to the end. They let the WoW fanboys dictate their endgame and dictate their pvp when it was all just a means to sabotage the game so their friends would go back to WoW lol.

The game has consistently been simplified. Some of the changes where really good and some have just been aggravatingly uncool but all for the purposes of making their games more viewer friendly for their esport viewers. (this class is for A job, that class is for B job, etc). This is too forced and feels too synthetic.

Anyways. Nothing’s set in stone as he said. They might come back. I just hope the game gets back to its roots and tries to think more about its players than their esports viewers.

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Haven’t had the chance to watch the video yet, but this seems like really strange timing. Helselth seemed so kitten excited for the direction PvP was headed in GW2 with season 5

Thats true but as a player who looks for something bigger than ranked like esports tournaments etc gw2 doesnt provide that. I mean rewards are fine for ranked season but what for those who trully want to compete?

And yes paragon is much better than smite!! ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Farewell Denial Esports, not like this game is an e-sport to begin with, but hey… who am I to judge.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

the amount of people that are missing the point and blame the lack of 5-man queue for no competitive scene is ridiculous…

so let me write that out for you guys —->it doesnt kittening matter if there is no 5-man queue because no esports team gives a kitten about ranked<—-

THE PROBLEM is there are no toruneys, for almost half a year anet hasnt said a word about toruneys, and without a torunament there cant be a competitve esports scene

and thats why it doesnt kittening matter if we have duo,solo or 5-man queue, for esports players ranked is just usefull to entertain people on stream, NOT to make money like they want as pro players

I agree that we need tourneys, but it most CERTAINLY kittening matters that we have basic pvp structures and features. Tourneys alone isn’t enough. Not everybody is going to tourney all the time. There needs to be a reliable way to just pick-up and play.

Also, to clear some things up around here, I don’t hate pro-leaguers because of their skill or for leaving the game. Good for them. I hope they earn well elsewhere.

What I hate is the hypocrisy and pretentiousness on their part that they think they can speak for the pvp community and that you can have a competitive scene without basic freakin’ game features, like simply queueing as a TEAM vs TEAM. You know? The CORNERSTONE of what pvp is about?!

Any game. ANY game that exists on this planet earth can be as competitive as it wants to be, but it none of it will matter if it is not fun to play. A game needs to be stable, fun, balanced before it can be competitive. It’s never the other way around.