Deny Full Guild Premade from Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

I’ve recently gotten into PvP quite a bit and have been enjoying it a lot. I play Unranked because I figure since I am not a hardcore pvp’er it’s more appropriate. Having teams built through random selection going against each other in some fun “head-to-head” versus because I know I’ll encounter others at my current skill level. At least that’s what I thought it was.

Don’t bust my kiTTeNs just yet though. Playing with one or two friends I can understand and think that is fine. But going up against a full guild pre-made team is not fun at all. It’s actually makes the PvP in this game feel like complete “stuff that comes out your bottom.” Especially when you team is full randoms. This makes it so there is ZERO room for casual PvP’ers.

What I don’t under stand is why it’s set up to allow full guild pre-made teams into unranked PvP. There’s no enjoyable experience in that selection any it makes the battle completely one sided. This needs to be kept in Custom Arena and Ranked PvP if they hope to maintain an enjoyable gaming experience. Take a cue from GW1 where syncing in PvP could actually get you banned. So say your “salty” and "QQ"’s but its the truth and I’m sure plenty of people know what I’m talking about but won’t say anything.

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Or just bring back Solo Queue and Team Queue (both versions ranked and unranked). Problem solved.

That said, I do think Team Queue should only be for 5 men pre-mades. I don’t want to be forced into Team Queue without a complete team.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I’ve recently gotten into PvP quite a bit and have been enjoying it a lot. I play Unranked because I figure since I am not a hardcore pvp’er it’s more appropriate. Having teams built through random selection going against each other in some fun “head-to-head” versus because I know I’ll encounter others at my current skill level. At least that’s what I thought it was.

Don’t bust my kiTTeNs just yet though. Playing with one or two friends I can understand and think that is fine. But going up against a full guild pre-made team is not fun at all. It’s actually makes the PvP in this game feel like complete “stuff that comes out your bottom.” Especially when you team is full randoms. This makes it so there is ZERO room for casual PvP’ers.

What I don’t under stand is why it’s set up to allow full guild pre-made teams into unranked PvP. There’s no enjoyable experience in that selection any it makes the battle completely one sided. This needs to be kept in Custom Arena and Ranked PvP if they hope to maintain an enjoyable gaming experience. Take a cue from GW1 where syncing in PvP could actually get you banned. So say your “salty” and "QQ"’s but its the truth and I’m sure plenty of people know what I’m talking about but won’t say anything.

I recently saw my old team, they were full 5 and on TS and i was on a 2-1-1-1-1 i and i solo qued. We won as pugs so i dont know how you MMR this. Back in the day when OE use to solo que alot i would see him once and awhile but every time he was on my team i knew we were facing a premade.

I think its anet way of judging your abilities past the 1 vs 1 situations. Newer players come into games and kind of zerg, fight near the point but not on it so it gets decapped, among other things. Alot of the old elite players say they dont need to be on ts to beat bad PUG PREMADES. Its really hard for me to judge these situations and i assume it is for them too.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’d like very much to see solo queue come back. It would probably go a long way toward solving the issue the OP is talking about.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

I recently saw my old team, they were full 5 and on TS and i was on a 2-1-1-1-1 i and i solo qued. We won as pugs so i dont know how you MMR this. .

OFCOURSE YOU WON! You had 6 people on your team! That is 1 man extra!

J/k, I’m just joking about the fact you typed one ‘1’ too many.

in PvP

Posted by: SnowCow.5914

SnowCow.5914

Na bad idea, sometimes I like to teach new players, keyboard turners, and skill clickers on how to play pvp, so I bring them full premade into unranked. We lose most of the time, but when they win they are so happy it warms my heart.

Can’t win team fight’s without me; can’t hold points without me. #BunkerGuardLife
Teszla

in PvP

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Thing is not every guild team you see is necessarily a premade lol, sometimes guild ise just like playing together. In the guild I’m in a lot of us enjoy pvp but we never really have a plan when we team up lol, we just rush in and enjoy the fun that ensues. Sometimes if we get bored we might even do little themes like all assurance or ranger lol, just fun. Besides even if you stopped guildies from grouping what would stop people from just representing another guild for the match then switching back after?

in PvP

Posted by: SnowCow.5914

SnowCow.5914

Thing is not every guild team you see is necessarily a premade lol, sometimes guild ise just like playing together. In the guild I’m in a lot of us enjoy pvp but we never really have a plan when we team up lol, we just rush in and enjoy the fun that ensues. Sometimes if we get bored we might even do little themes like all assurance or ranger lol, just fun. Besides even if you stopped guildies from grouping what would stop people from just representing another guild for the match then switching back after?

^^^ +1
This is unranked after all. Win or lose who cares, just have fun.

Can’t win team fight’s without me; can’t hold points without me. #BunkerGuardLife
Teszla

in PvP

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

When my guild queues up, we normally go ranked. But now that it restricts players less than rank 20, we are forced to go unranked to help a new pvper learn. Once leaderboards are back up, I would imagine people who want to play together, but don’t want to feel as pressured to win, will go unranked. So there are reasons why a premade goes unranked.

I think the better solution if soloq isn’t going to happen is to simply make the premades wait.

Queue as full premade? Only fight 5 or 4+1.

Queue as 4? Only fight 5, 4+1, 3+2

Queue as 3? Only fight:
3+2 vs 4+1
3+2 vs 3+2
3+1+1 vs 3+1+1

Queue as 2? Only fight:
2+3 vs 2+3
2+3 vs 2+2+1
2+2+1 vs 2+2+1
2+1+1+1 vs 2+1+1+1
2+1+1+1 vs full pug

Soloq?
full pug vs full pug
anything listed above where a pug was inserted

I think having the exact same premade situation on both sides is ideal, but that can make waits a little too long so matchups being close enough to ideal is fine.

If the matchmaking system cannot find a similar sized premade that is around the same skill level, the system shouldn’t just throw them in a match just for the sake of having a match. Let the group wait until an appropriate opponent is found or until they break up and queue as smaller groups.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in PvP

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

This is a really tough one. Any system has to take into account the MMR and/or experience level of the premade. Keep in mind that there are a lot of casual guilds out there that just want to have fun as a group and don’t have anywhere near the amount of skill that pvp-focused premades have.

Osu

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

Besides even if you stopped guildies from grouping what would stop people from just representing another guild for the match then switching back after?

this sooo much, I’ve been in a guild group before where all 5 of us were repping different guilds just for fun/trolling (oh the good ol’ turret engi days)

in PvP

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

I didn’t play with Team and Solo but that sounds like it should be an option for both Unranked and Ranked. I’m not a new player and if the matchmaking is putting me into games like these than the system must think I’m better than I think I am. Also, even if teams aren’t all repping the same guild, you can only be in 5 at once so it wouldn’t be hard for an automated process to detect who was connected someway with who.
I like Arcadio post as that seems a logical system to use.

^^^ +1
This is unranked after all. Win or lose who cares, just have fun.

Exactly, it should be fun whether win or lose, but it’s not when you against a 5 man guild team and the fight is 15-500. Zero fun there.
If you’re a full guild team, sorry but that is a pre-made whether or not you “have a plan”.