Desertions were added to leaderboard losses

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

Strange thing happened today… somehow for 2 hours of soloque play, statistics gave me -20lose, funny thing I lost maybe 1game from 10. Maybe there somekind of bug hidding, just letting devs know.

Yes, my statistics aren’t good, because I get dc often (but instant relogin) plus I do change profession to bunker to win the matches.

Edit: In case someone noticed some ninja loses, it’s because desertions wasn’t counted before. I changed topic title to be more clear.

The leaderboard now rolls desertions into the losses column.

(edited by REGGADO.1237)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

rerolls and dc count as insta los, you are punished by system as deserter so to say… dumb, ik

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Whenever you get DC you get -3 points.

in PvP

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Yes, my statistics aren’t good, because I get dc often (but instant relogin) plus I do change profession to bunker to win the matches.

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/REGGADO1237

You pretty much answered yourself.

in PvP

REGGADO.1237

Wanted to add, its impossible to have 25games for 2 hours of play. And today didn’t had dcs and didn’t rerolled too.

(edited by REGGADO.1237)

in PvP

Posted by: Dixo.3876

Dixo.3876

Something is going on. I just been playing for two hours straight and lost my first game and the last scoreboard update has me at +8 losses in that time frame

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Something is going on. I just been playing for two hours straight and lost my first game and the last scoreboard update has me at +8 losses in that time frame

Wonder if they accidentally switched win/loss column.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I think they just updated DCs/games left as loses.

in PvP

Dixo.3876

I didn’t have a DC or a loss in that time frame. Did that count retroactiveivly. Otherwise you broke something.

I also know my points were 287 all day and that screen shot has me at 290. how could I possibly get enough points to make up for 8 full losses in two hours?

(edited by Dixo.3876)

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Whenever you get DC you get -3 points.

Up to -3 points and as little as -1 points. It depends on your odds of victory.

Since you don’t know your odds (yet) you might as well act as if it’s -3.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

REGGADO.1237

Well I had +3win-21lose in https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/ too, but didn’t made screenshot. That makes 25games per hour. So my games last 2minutes, moreless than que window pops.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Well I had +3win-21lose in https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/ too, but didn’t made screenshot. That makes 25games per hour. So my games last 2minutes, lessmore than que window pops.

pretty sure he ment that your desertions from previous times (other days) were also counted in

All is Vain~

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Well I had +3win-21lose in https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/ too, but didn’t made screenshot. That makes 25games per hour. So my games last 2minutes, lessmore than que window pops.

It rolled your previous 31 desertions into it, but this is a recent change in what we display, so that’s why it had the sudden jump.

Correction: 21 desertions, 10 of those were before the test ladder season started.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

(edited by Justin ODell.9517)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

It rolled your previous 31 desertions into it, but this is a recent change, so that’s why it had the sudden jump.

shen’d xD

All is Vain~

in PvP

REGGADO.1237

It rolled your previous 31 desertions into it, but this is a recent change in what we display, so that’s why it had the sudden jump.

Correct: 21 desertions, 10 of those were before the test ladder season started.

Thanks for response. It was done for all players or only me? Tho I don’t really care about my score, just want devs make leaderboards right. Plus most of those desertions were wins, so I’m happy with that.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

So. Lets say I win 500-100. But I get short DC after I come back.
Its counts as desertion, so win+lose, win or lose?

in PvP

Dixo.3876

If you bothered to roll them in why not make another column. You said in another post that adding columns was trivial.

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

This is erroneous because I did not disconnect at all in the last hour and yet the system posted that I had 12 losses. The reality is I had 3 wins and 1 loss. How did it come to 12 losses? Prior to this, my win/loss ratio was closer to 60%.

I don’t understand why the system is so punitive, even to those who play fair and honest.

Attachments:

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Dixo.3876

This is erroneous because I did not disconnect at all in the last hour and yet the system posted that I had 12 losses. The reality is I had 3 wins and 1 loss. How did it come to 12 losses? Prior to this, my win/loss ratio was closer to 60%.

I don’t understand why the system is so punitive, even to those who play fair and honest.

Justin said above he rolled in the entire season’s DCs.

Does that mean if you had a DC and came back at won the win column wasn’t incremented either?

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

hahaha they gave me -15 losses for when I switched classes when we had too many thieves. Thank you arenanet lol

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

The 11 losses unexplained losses are from the 11 desertions you had over the course of the ladder. They are not desertions from the last hour.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

The 11 losses unexplained losses are from the 11 desertions you had over the course of the ladder. They are not desertions from the last hour.

Do we need to actually play a game to let the desertion losses take effect before the ladder season ends to receive credit/be eligible for the test-season rewards?

I planned on not playing this week but I’ll go home and hop on if I need to.

[SoF]

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Do we need to actually play a game to let the desertion losses take effect before the ladder season ends to receive credit/be eligible for the test-season rewards?

I planned on not playing this week but I’ll go home and hop on if I need to.

No, you can risk your position and not play to preserve your w/l ratio.

These desertions, while not shown, were already included in your ladder points.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

TY for the clarification : )

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Silence Re.8729

Silence Re.8729

sooo,.. even i won game with dc(just reconnected) it gave me desertion gg Anet
p.s. may u add some reconnect system? cuz u must restart your client, then preload hearts and only after this u load your map…

Attachments:

(edited by Silence Re.8729)