Dev livestream: Ready Up: March 28 @ 12pm – PvP Rewards: Next phase

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

For our 9th episode of Ready Up, we’ll be talking about the next phase of PvP rewards. On the show, we will have Evan Lesh and Hugh Norfolk along with our Champion Genius host, Josh Davis.

When & Where:
March 28th, 12pm PDT
Official Guild Wars 2 Twitch Channel

We’ll see you there!

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Just please be specific in your discussion of the things you’ve already revealed. If you’ve revealed it, you should (hopefully) be ready to talk about it.

I will tune in, but if it’s vague and “we can’t talk about it yet” I’ll tune out.

Looking forward to it.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

I shall call him da champ along with huge and “the” Evan lesh.

B O I N K

in PvP

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I really hope they will talk about the topics of the feature pack from this week, too. I have the feeling there will be many open questions. Especially the topics from Thursday and Friday have the potential to require more explanations after the reveal.

in PvP

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

I really hope you mention whether or not the UnID dyes offered as compensation for dupes will be account-bound!

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I would like to see a dicussion about the new sigils from ele and engi point of view

in PvP

Posted by: Miskatonic.8451

Miskatonic.8451

I really hope you mention whether or not the UnID dyes offered as compensation for dupes will be account-bound!

I think it would be safe to assume that they will not be as there would then be very little reason to provide the duplicates. That being said though, it’s still a fair question in that could have been easily addressed in their reveal.

I see many opportunities for them to improve on the quality of their communications to the player base. It seems as if they do not have any internal group vet those communications before they are released to the public to ensure they are covering as much as possible and not playing catch up for a week or so with the community and their inevitable questions.

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

I’m excited about this!! Hoping for a little more than simply a PVP application of the wardrobe (ie, more PVP exclusive stuff).

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

@miskatonic. You don’t think they have someone bet every word they say? Why do you think they usually say " when it’s done or soon and things of that nature? Because there people telling them what they can and can’t say. They don’t give dates and they don’t give a ton of info because sometimes they don’t either know or they were told what they could and could not talk about. I am sure they have multiple people look over any “Anet” post because if it’s put out in tier name it represents their entire company not just one person.

B O I N K

(edited by DanzelOPP.5068)

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Will we be able to level our characters in PvP with the new rewards, like we could with the glory rewards?

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I see many opportunities for them to improve on the quality of their communications to the player base. It seems as if they do not have any internal group vet those communications before they are released to the public to ensure they are covering as much as possible and not playing catch up for a week or so with the community and their inevitable questions.

Are you kidding me? That was a lengthly blog post, that had a significant level of detail. Maybe it didn’t answer 100% of the questions, but I will take most of the questions being answered over… Soon…..

Don’t complain about what they are doing now…. there is multiple blog posts every week. Maybe you weren’t around since December 10th to remember what that stretch to now was like?

in PvP

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

I think it would be safe to assume that they will not be as there would then be very little reason to provide the duplicates. That being said though, it’s still a fair question in that could have been easily addressed in their reveal.

On the contrary, I think it would be safe to assume that they would be account-bound. Especially because dye prices have gone up, ANet is not looking to give players free gold but to assuage those who feel gypped by things becoming account bound. Because they can’t refund you for the 96c or whatever that dye cost, they want to give you another opportunity to gain a dye you didn’t already have.

I would like them to confirm that explicitly however.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Definitely tune in, because we’re going to try and answer some questions as well as show a lot of new stuffs.

in PvP

Posted by: village idiot.1436

village idiot.1436

Also interested in how the imbalance caused by the sigil changes will be addressed. Warriors with five second weapon swaps (traited) and eles and engineers only having access to two sigils while other classes have four.

Has anything been done to address the lack of effectiveness of conditions builds in pve?

in PvP

Posted by: Constant.7498

Constant.7498

You introduce pvp legendary and a way to craft them or whatever through pvp I will be a happy man.

Allie please I’m very impatient gimme a wink or something

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

As long as this one isnt just another boring summary of things you have mentioned somewhere else (like every other RU)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m reeeeeally hoping that people have a chance to earn legendaries through PvP. I’m also hoping that they are slightly different than the PvE ones so that we can still see if someone earned it through PvP or PvE.

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

I’m reeeeeally hoping that people have a chance to earn legendaries through PvP. I’m also hoping that they are slightly different than the PvE ones so that we can still see if someone earned it through PvP or PvE.

Ya pvp legendaries would be sweet, just add a different colour to the weapon or their aura imo, not much of a change is needed.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Will there be ways to tune of the Legendary effects in PvP?
Unicorns flying over the screen probably will add even more effect overload to the screen.

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

It amazed me how some people still don’t get that the size of Asura and Special effect from Legendary can affect PvP to some degree.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Jandopo.2107

Jandopo.2107

I’d like to know if cloaks/capes are coming soon.

… What? I’m serious.

in PvP

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Also interested in how the imbalance caused by the sigil changes will be addressed. Warriors with five second weapon swaps (traited) and eles and engineers only having access to two sigils while other classes have four.

won’t be addressed….they deleted a thread with this very topic from the balance forum, with no explaination.

the level they protect the warrior class from scrutiny is amazing.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It amazed me how some people still don’t get that the size of Asura and Special effect from Legendary can affect PvP to some degree.

What amazes me is that people have trouble fighting asura. I play as human and have no problems with asura. You must have a reeeeeally high resolution or something.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Does the next phase of pvp rewards include the “phasing out” of skyhammer?

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

Does Anet plan ever intro mounts in the game?

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Hope the new sPvP rewards are good.

Not played a single game of spvp since you got rid of glory…getting on for 2 weeks now…no intention of playing till new rewards come out because there’s no point.

The current rewards in rank up chests have 0 interest for me and I consider them trash.

in PvP

Miskatonic.8451

Are you kidding me? That was a lengthly blog post, that had a significant level of detail. Maybe it didn’t answer 100% of the questions, but I will take most of the questions being answered over… Soon…..

Don’t complain about what they are doing now…. there is multiple blog posts every week. Maybe you weren’t around since December 10th to remember what that stretch to now was like?

I would also take “most” over “soon”. Does not mean that I think they might be able to do better in that area with an additional set of eyes.

Upon review I can see where parts of my post could be construed as complaining. It was not meant to be. It was more of an objective opinion based on observations from the questions I see being posed by the community and assumptions on my part.

I just think that if they had a set of eyes doing some proofing (if they don’t already) before publication, they might not have to go through the additional effort of answering other questions that come up in a one off type fashion. That can get tedious to do and takes more time than most would realize. I’ve done a lot of that kind of work over the years being that other set of eyes and getting others to do the same for me. It never hurts, but it sure can help.

in PvP

Miskatonic.8451

@miskatonic. You don’t think they have someone bet every word they say? Why do you think they usually say " when it’s done or soon and things of that nature? Because there people telling them what they can and can’t say. They don’t give dates and they don’t give a ton of info because sometimes they don’t either know or they were told what they could and could not talk about. I am sure they have multiple people look over any “Anet” post because if it’s put out in tier name it represents their entire company not just one person.

I think you’re missing what I was addressing. I was referring to situations where they’ve already published a write up for a feature as opposed to those things that are still in the works. They should be vague about those things. In these instances we already know (essentially) what’s coming, and when. The community then comes back with any number of questions about that feature and how it might affect certain things. I feel that if there are people they could use (if they aren’t already) to read those (before they get released) from the communities point of view, it might help them out so they aren’t trying to answer a number of other questions in a one off fashion. That takes more time out of a work day than most people realize.

in PvP

Miskatonic.8451

On the contrary, I think it would be safe to assume that they would be account-bound. Especially because dye prices have gone up, ANet is not looking to give players free gold but to assuage those who feel gypped by things becoming account bound. Because they can’t refund you for the 96c or whatever that dye cost, they want to give you another opportunity to gain a dye you didn’t already have.

I would like them to confirm that explicitly however.

The receiving of a dye that you didn’t already have is a good point, and one that I honestly hadn’t considered. It would have to be a guarantee though wouldn’kitten Otherwise you could end up with dupes again, and you can’t really do much with them other than sticking them in the MF or destroying them since they’re bound It seems like it would be easier to just let the system push any random dye and not have them be bound. It’s what I would want to do if I were them, as I think it would make the majority happy and ANet has a pretty good track record with that in my opinion.

But I agree with you, it would be nice to have a confirmation on how that will happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Mythoryk.7984

Mythoryk.7984

>.< Why is this question in this forum thread?

To directly answer your question – No.
Battle Run Speed is the feature that acts as an “off-mount” speed for battles. Your normal running speed could be considered an average speed mount with the MULTITUDE of speed boosts in the game considered the upgraded “fast” mount. Do not expect mounts, ever.

Mythoryk: (Sorrow’s Furnace)
Guild: [CoSA]

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I really hope that you guys can answer if we will still be able to freely —without gem or gold charge-- still change our PvP armor and weapons whenever we want. Are the items in our locker still there for us to use like they were before. I don’t mind having to transmute the items from PvP over to PvE and vice versa, but I do still want to have access to the skins I earned by playing PvP in PvP for free.

I can’t wait for the rewards discussion. After a month of shoddy rewards, the 15th will be a breath of fresh air.

I also can’t wait to see all the PvE’ers with their Legendaries in PvP. I am gonna start roleplaying in PvP that I am just a proletariat fighting off the Bourgeois horde trying to take my lands from me by force. I may start wearing standard PvP starter armor to reinforce my RP’ing.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: manysongsgw.2931

manysongsgw.2931

@village idiot.1436 although engis and eles will have access to 2 sigils instead of 4, those classes can better utilize the on-swap sigils since swapping attunements and kits procs them

Will there be exclusive/unique skins only obtainable by spvp? If not, can there be?

I feel that kind of reward be awesome and once players bring it to other game modes (via wardrobe), then others will ask about the skin and it’ll only bring more players to spvp. It’ll also exemplify spvp players’ achievements as we only really have our /rank and finishers at the moment.

Guild Wars 1 Player of 4+ years
IGN: Valkyrie Friisong
Lvl 80 Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

I really hope the stuff your going to talk about this friday is good. because every week I toon in and every week I hate you guys afterwards ( Not real hate). Cant wait! below are some questions I have maybe you can use them.

1. Are the rewards going to benefit players who just play PvP? No use in giving us mates we won’t use because we don’t PVE.

2. Is there a new game type? Love the new map you showed last week.

3. Is there a plan to remove Skyhammer from Solo and team fights? Either way I want an answer.

Thats it for now.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

>.< Why is this question in this forum thread?

To directly answer your question – No.
Battle Run Speed is the feature that acts as an “off-mount” speed for battles. Your normal running speed could be considered an average speed mount with the MULTITUDE of speed boosts in the game considered the upgraded “fast” mount. Do not expect mounts, ever.

id love to have mounts not because of movement numbers, but because of rp.

question is here for the same reason as thread is here. neither my question nor feature pack are specifically about pvp, its just, for certain reason, on anet side it has been spinned by pvp folks.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Adding a few balance updates to the show tomorrow!

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Great Allie! Any chance we can get these clarification questions answered about the announced mesmer grandmaster traits?

• Disruptor’s Sustainment – Gain 1,000 healing power for 5s upon interrupting a foe.
    Does this stack in intensity or duration (or at all)?
  • Maim the Disillusioned – Enemies hit by shatter skills are inflicted with torment.
    Is torment applied per illusion hit or per landed shattered skill? How much torment is applied?

Thanks in advance

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: manysongsgw.2931

manysongsgw.2931

Great Allie! Any chance we can get these clarification questions answered about the announced mesmer grandmaster traits?

• Disruptor’s Sustainment – Gain 1,000 healing power for 5s upon interrupting a foe.
  • Maim the Disillusioned – Enemies hit by shatter skills are inflicted with torment.
    Is torment applied per illusion hit or per landed shattered skill? How much torment is applied?

Thanks in advance

These are my guess:

During the last episode, cooldowns were mentioned, and I’m assuming Disruptor’s Sustainment has an internal cooldown, (stacking the effect in any way can get out of hand).

Maim the Disillusioned will apply torment per landed shatter skill.

Guild Wars 1 Player of 4+ years
IGN: Valkyrie Friisong
Lvl 80 Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Adding a few balance updates to the show tomorrow!

Awesome, cant wait this is going to be an important one.

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Thanks in advance

Asked, and answered:

1: Does not stack in intensity or duration.
2: This trait applies 4 seconds of torment each time a clone shatter hits your target. 3 clones shattered = 3 torment applied, similar to how Rending Shatter functions.

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Asked, and answered:

2: This trait applies 4 seconds of torment each time a clone shatter hits your target. 3 clones shattered = 3 torment applied, similar to how Rending Shatter functions.

May I ask a few questions too?
How does Elemental Contingency cooldown work?
Does it have a separate cooldown on each attunement like evasive arcana or it is a global cooldown?

How does Blinding Ashes work, also?
Does it have a separate cooldown on each foe or it is a global cooldown? It would be bad if you waste a trait trigger because of some AoE burning

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Hey Allie! If it was possible, I would wish to get some clarification for the new elementalist’s traits too.

• Blinding Ashes – Is the ICD global, or per target?
  • Elemental Contigency – Is the ICD global, or per attunement?
  • Lightning Rod – 1) Is there any ICD? 2) What is lightning bolt’s damage value?

Thank you for your attention.

EDIT: Seems like I wasn’t the only one to have the same idea. x)

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Is there any change to Restorative Mantras heal scaling so players can use that healing power the way the developers suggested in the Ready Up?

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Thanks in advance

Asked, and answered:

Thanks Allie!

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

Thanks in advance

Asked, and answered:

Thanks, I figured Maim functioned like that, which will work well for my build.
Thou 4 seconds seems a little short, we’ll see.

Sustainment on the other hand, yeah not going to lie, it sounds like total garbage.
An interrupt trait in phantasm/support line….. yeah, that’s just stupid and counter productive.
I honestly do not see a circumstance that will ever be useful.

in PvP

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Next

Hey Allie! If it was possible, I would wish to get some clarification for the new elementalist’s traits too.

• Lightning Rod – 1) Is there any ICD? 2) What is lightning bolt’s damage value?

Thanks for the questions. Here are some answers:

• Blinding Ashes ICD (Internal Cooldown) is ‘global’, where it activates once and goes on recharge. The trait works much better in small engagements.
  • Elemental Contingency’s Internal Cooldown is currently once every 10 seconds.
  • Lightning Rod has no ICD. It will activate as often as a target allows you to interrupt them. The damage value of this trait is similar to that of Halting Strike.
    Weakness duration is 4 seconds base.

Edit: Fixed a hilarious blunder.

(edited by Karl McLain.5604)

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

• Blinding Ashes ICD (Internal Cooldown) is ‘global’, where it activates once and goes on recharge. The trait works much better in small engagements.
  • Lightning Rod has no ICD. It will activate as often as a target allows you to interrupt them. The damage value of this trait is similar to that of Halting Strike.
    Weakness duration is 4 seconds base (but you’re putting points into Fire, so add 30% duration on that).

Does the new grandmaster earth trait work with lingering elements?

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Weakness duration is 4 seconds base.

Thanks for the answers!

The Blinding Ashes ICD being global makes sense if it is designed for small engagements.

The Elemental Contingency’s cooldown being global is actually a bad news since it will be hard to have control over it and because it is in competition with Evasive Arcana, which gives much more control and equally good effects but on individual cooldowns.

The Lightning Rod damage might be good to supplement burst rotations, but I don’t know exactly how much damage Halting Strike do.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in PvP

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Lingering Elements will continue to only affect adept minor traits from the elemental trait lines.

in PvP

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Lightning Rod has no ICD. It will activate as often as a target allows you to interrupt them. The damage value of this trait is similar to that of Halting Strike.
Weakness duration is 4 seconds base (but you’re putting points into Fire, so add 30% duration on that).

For those who aren’t that familiar with the damage of Halting Strike (which is a bit wonky): We are talking about 1k-2.5k damage per interrupt in Berserker gear (PvP) depending on the defense of your target.

Not sure why Karl would think we’d also go for 30 Fire at the same time, though.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Thanks for the answers, Karl! I have a few comments:

• You mentioned that “we’re putting points into fire” in your Lightning Rod’s comment. I assume you made some sort of confusion with blinding ashes, am I right? So, the blind effect will be the one to have a 4 second base duration (aka, 5 with 30 fire), and not (only) weakness. Is the weakness duration still at 4, nonetheless? EDIT: NEVERMIND
  • Elemental Contigency’s global cooldown will make it impossible to build around as it is, due to the combination of being triggered by your opponent and having a global ICD. This will mean that this trait will proc randomly, except at the beginning of a fight. It’ll be therefore impossible to trigger each attunement’s effect reliably, making it especially ineffective as an anti-burst tool.
    From my experience with Magic: The Gathering (and by the words of its own game designers), randomly-triggered effects like these are almost never viable, even when the innate effects are stronger than normal, because any innate advantage comes purely from sheer luck. It’s also impossible to build around this. I very objectively think this trait is ineffective as it is.
    Making the ICD per attunement would fix all that.
  • Blinding Ashes ICD mechanic also cripples its potential build diversity, but at least it can still be worked around it. Burning Precision, Glyph of Elemental Power, and single target builds (say, fresh air scepter eles) can take full advantage of this trait. MH dagger and fire focus, however, and their respective aoe burning procs, will be confined to 1v1 situations, and only against non-pet builds. Understandable if it’s intended, but unexciting for those who were hoping to bring 6 fire d/f builds into pvp.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)