Developers know right??????

in PvP

Posted by: Daunt.8239

Daunt.8239

Do the developers know that even after the auto attack buff to the thief…

A Legendary Ranked Marauder Thief even with fully offensive traits and CC’s(Little personal survival potential in any realistic manor.) do not have the DPS to take down: Equal Status; Scrapper/Druid/Elementalist/Revenant.

It’s Even Worse Then It Sounds:: Even if they are not attacking back to mitigate time and cause delay.(We’ve tested this in arena’s.) If they are solely keeping alive. We do not have the DPS… Even if they are in marauder or berserk like thieves are forced to be. Not even paladin.(Which many are in paladin in real matches.)

We can’t tank. We can’t sustain. We have $%#! burst. We have $%#! sustained dps. We have $%#! single target. We have $%#! multitarget. We have $%#! shared boons and shared condiclear. We have $%#! health. We have virtually no stability. We can hardly fight on point. We have the $%#!iest safe stomps. We have the $%#!tiest ranged attacks. Remotely viable condibuilds don’t exist. We can’t 1v1 anyone who is on our skill level(character creation still states we are the deadliest 1v1)

in PvP

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Do you get a damage buff for being legendary ranked?

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

A Legendary Ranked Marauder Thief even with fully offensive traits and CC’s(Little personal survival potential in any realistic manor.) do not have the DPS to take down: Equal Status; Scrapper/Druid/Elementalist/Revenant.

It’s Even Worse Then It Sounds:: Even if they are not attacking back to mitigate time and cause delay.(We’ve tested this in arena’s.) If they are solely keeping alive. We do not have the DPS… Even if they are in marauder or berserk like thieves are forced to be. Not even paladin.(Which many are in paladin in real matches.)

We can’t tank. We can’t sustain. We have $%#! burst. We have $%#! sustained dps. We have $%#! single target. We have $%#! multitarget. We have $%#! shared boons and shared condiclear. We have $%#! health. We have virtually no stability. We can hardly fight on point. We have the $%#!iest safe stomps. We have the $%#!tiest ranged attacks. Remotely viable condibuilds don’t exist. We can’t 1v1 anyone who is on our skill level(character creation still states we are the deadliest 1v1)

Everything except the safe stomp. Only thing I miss. Shadowstep stomp, pistol 5 stomp, stealth stomp, and impact strike stomp are some of the best stomps in the game period. But like you mentioned above, this class is bad and that’s an understatement.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I just want to mention that I don’t think the problem is thieves. The problem is how f****g tanky scrapper, druid, elementalist and revenant are. Especially scrapper, let’s be honest, there is not so many class/builds that can kill a scrapper 1v1 (is there any actually?), and 2v1 is not that easy either.

in PvP

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

I feel like this belongs in thief forums. That being said, yeah, some of what you say is true…especially the part about not being able to sustain/fight on point…but, correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t that the opposite of the point of a thief? In PvP, I was taught the thief’s job is to harass far point, decap unguarded points, work on secondary objectives (gate/lord in foefire, beasts in forest, destroy enemy treb in khylo, etc.), pick off/slow down players trying to run to points, and if there is a team fight, then to work around the edge of the fight and pick on enemy players that are low/trying to disengage or trying to range from off-point.

This is why thieves are so mobile/stealthy…their job is basically roaming/havoc…not to fight/sustain on a point. If you want to be an on-point fighter/sustainer, then I suggest playing another class that is more suited to this job, like ele or scrapper or druid…something like that. But thieves were purposefully built the way they were, because they have very specific jobs that they excel at over other classes.

As for thieves having crap dps/burst, I just can’t agree there…I’ve seen a lot of thieves do some crazy damage numbers…thieves have pretty high single-target dmg, and with pistol 5 daze, steal, bas venom…they have some pretty good single-target cc.

Also thieves having crap condi clear, I also don’t agree there…they can cleanse a condition with every attack they evade, they have 3 evades plus signet of agility which cleanses conditions and refills endurance, they have sword 2 condi clear, they have condi clear on stealth…thieves have a solid amount of options for condi clear. Of course, a lot of thieves can simply avoid a lot of condis in the first place by dodging them.

Also, thieves having crap sustain…that’s something I disagree with also, but I should elaborate. If you play thief right, you have so many disengages that if the fight/situation isn’t going in your favor, you can quickly get away…far away, very quickly…regroup and choose a new course of action (going for a diff’t point, a diff’t target player, secondary map objectve, etc.). If you INSIST on playing thief as an on-point holder/fighter (which, that is not thief’s job), then yeah, you’re probably going to have a hard time especially against something like DH or Tempest or Druid because they are far better at on-point fighting/holding than thief/DD. But, I mean, any player is going to have a hard time if they try to play their class/build opposite of how it’s meant to be played.

I get that you want more sustain and other stuff for thieves, but I’m sorry, that’s the intended weakness of thieves to balance out their super high mobility and stealth uptime and single-target dmg. Every class/build has upsides and downsides…granted, maybe some have more pros than cons and that’s where the whole ‘OP’ thing comes into play…but if you want thief to be more sustain/on-point fighter, then that means they’re going to have to give up some of their stealth/mobility/single target dps to balance it out…maybe give up shortbow 5 and some of their leaps, maybe give up Shadow Refuge…basically, you’d be asking for the class to be pretty much reinvented.

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I just want to mention that I don’t think the problem is thieves. The problem is how f****g tanky scrapper, druid, elementalist and revenant are. Especially scrapper, let’s be honest, there is not so many class/builds that can kill a scrapper 1v1 (is there any actually?), and 2v1 is not that easy either.

Druids.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

I feel like this belongs in thief forums. That being said, yeah, some of what you say is true…especially the part about not being able to sustain/fight on point…but, correct me if I’m wrong, isn’t that the opposite of the point of a thief? In PvP, I was taught the thief’s job is to harass far point, decap unguarded points, work on secondary objectives (gate/lord in foefire, beasts in forest, destroy enemy treb in khylo, etc.), pick off/slow down players trying to run to points, and if there is a team fight, then to work around the edge of the fight and pick on enemy players that are low/trying to disengage or trying to range from off-point.

This is why thieves are so mobile/stealthy…their job is basically roaming/havoc…not to fight/sustain on a point. If you want to be an on-point fighter/sustainer, then I suggest playing another class that is more suited to this job, like ele or scrapper or druid…something like that. But thieves were purposefully built the way they were, because they have very specific jobs that they excel at over other classes.

As for thieves having crap dps/burst, I just can’t agree there…I’ve seen a lot of thieves do some crazy damage numbers…thieves have pretty high single-target dmg, and with pistol 5 daze, steal, bas venom…they have some pretty good single-target cc.

Also thieves having crap condi clear, I also don’t agree there…they can cleanse a condition with every attack they evade, they have 3 evades plus signet of agility which cleanses conditions and refills endurance, they have sword 2 condi clear, they have condi clear on stealth…thieves have a solid amount of options for condi clear. Of course, a lot of thieves can simply avoid a lot of condis in the first place by dodging them.

Also, thieves having crap sustain…that’s something I disagree with also, but I should elaborate. If you play thief right, you have so many disengages that if the fight/situation isn’t going in your favor, you can quickly get away…far away, very quickly…regroup and choose a new course of action (going for a diff’t point, a diff’t target player, secondary map objectve, etc.). If you INSIST on playing thief as an on-point holder/fighter (which, that is not thief’s job), then yeah, you’re probably going to have a hard time especially against something like DH or Tempest or Druid because they are far better at on-point fighting/holding than thief/DD. But, I mean, any player is going to have a hard time if they try to play their class/build opposite of how it’s meant to be played.

I get that you want more sustain and other stuff for thieves, but I’m sorry, that’s the intended weakness of thieves to balance out their super high mobility and stealth uptime and single-target dmg. Every class/build has upsides and downsides…granted, maybe some have more pros than cons and that’s where the whole ‘OP’ thing comes into play…but if you want thief to be more sustain/on-point fighter, then that means they’re going to have to give up some of their stealth/mobility/single target dps to balance it out…maybe give up shortbow 5 and some of their leaps, maybe give up Shadow Refuge…basically, you’d be asking for the class to be pretty much reinvented.

Read my previous post about how to make Thief viable. What you say is all correct but the thing is, do you think a thief can harass say a Rev? Nope. Can they pull of reliable burst sure but guess what, all that is mitigated when protection is thrown around like candy. Another issue, most classes have crazy sustain. You say thief has good sustain? If you call running away from a fight then you are dead wrong sure, that is not sustain. So say your at home cap, engi comes and u need to kill him or else you lose cuz score is 470-440 in ur favor and home cap is all ya got. Your teammates are too busy or dead to try and help. What u gonna do? Run away? Thief doesn’t have to be a point holder but it SHOULD be the best 1v1 class. Stealth is useless when reveal is everywhere. And escapist absolution is so unreliable. Say you have 6 condis on you and your at low health already so u Shadowstep away. Well guess what u dead cuz nothing to dodge. And u say thief job is to focus decamping far? Well what good is that when team keeps losing mid fight and as soon as you decap you leave they cap rinse and repeat and you lose cuz u can’t 1v1 anything to Atleast try and get that cap. You say thief job to roam well what u roaming for when all ur teammates dead and nothing to +1. High level play, everyone knows as soon as one team is getting crushed at mid, they send 1 back home to watch for decaps. And no one runs SR anymore anyway. So yeah thief sucks.

in PvP

LionChain.7694

Read my previous post about how to make Thief viable. What you say is all correct but the thing is, do you think a thief can harass say a Rev? Nope.

I feel like you’re confusing harass with kill or counter. Yeah, thieves can harass revs so that it takes longer for them to get to point, or to focus on fight, or to make them use up energy/cooldowns.

Can they pull of reliable burst sure but guess what, all that is mitigated when protection is thrown around like candy.

Not really a thief-specific issue though…protection affects all power-based builds…have you tried True-Shotting someone with high protection uptime? You will notice a huge difference in damage.

Another issue, most classes have crazy sustain. You say thief has good sustain? If you call running away from a fight then you are dead wrong sure, that is not sustain.

Yes it is. Just because it’s not the classic form of sustain like an invuln or shield block or a secondary heal doesn’t mean it’s not sustain. I’ve seen thieves fighting at clocktower in khylo and sustaining through teamfights by zipping all over that darn clock tower…up, down, sideways, on the ledge, in the lil tunnel below it, up on the roof, etc….they disengage, regroup and either pick a new target or they work on a diff’t objective. And unlike other classes, they can just as quickly re-engage as they can disengage.

So say your at home cap, engi comes and u need to kill him or else you lose cuz score is 470-440 in ur favor and home cap is all ya got. Your teammates are too busy or dead to try and help. What u gonna do? Run away? Thief doesn’t have to be a point holder but it SHOULD be the best 1v1 class.

Why should it be best at 1v1? You can’t just settle for being pretty great or pretty awesome at 1v1’s? Yeah, you’re not going to win all your fights, but you’re still going to do pretty well in a lot of them…just like anyone. Also, this is a highly hypothetical situation and you’re describing a situation that is more of a team skill issue than a thief issue. If it’s your one point and your team needs it to win, what is the rest of your alive team busy doing? o.0 Either they’re fighting on a point against a bunker and are not even close to killing the bunker/decapping (in which case that’s a team skill/intelligence issue, not a thief issue), or your team is about to get a kill and cap a diff’t point, in which case, your job is to slow down decap as much as possible (not prevent it) and disengage if possible by the time a diff’t point is capped, or maybe by that time one of your teammates will have respawned and come to help you, and you can disengage then. I mean, if we’re going to be talking hypotheticals here…

Stealth is useless when reveal is everywhere.

Where is this reveal you speak of? You mean when you try to sustain on a point? Which we’ve already covered is not a thief job? Or is there some magical reveal fairy that’s constantly bugging you with its reveal magic whenever you try to stealth anywhere?

And escapist absolution is so unreliable. Say you have 6 condis on you and your at low health already so u Shadowstep away. Well guess what u dead cuz nothing to dodge.

If you have 6 condis on you, you did a horrible job at dodging/stealthing up. Also, if you’re low health and you have 6 condis on you (I’m assuming you mean damaging condis, and I’m assuming in this hypothetical that you’re out of condi clears), and you’re out of condi clears, you’re screwed no matter what class you’re on.

And u say thief job is to focus decamping far? Well what good is that when team keeps losing mid fight and as soon as you decap you leave they cap rinse and repeat and you lose cuz u can’t 1v1 anything to Atleast try and get that cap.

Again, sounds like you’re describing a hypothetical situation in which team skill is more the issue than the thief class. And thief can’t 1v1 anything? I have a friend who mains thief and he 1v1s and ganks plenty of people. I mean, it’s just plain silly and ludicrous the way you make it sound like no thief can ever kill anything else EVER.

You say thief job to roam well what u roaming for when all ur teammates dead and nothing to +1. High level play, everyone knows as soon as one team is getting crushed at mid, they send 1 back home to watch for decaps. And no one runs SR anymore anyway. So yeah thief sucks.

Again, you’re describing a situation in which this hypothetical team you’re on is having issues, not the thief as a class. If you’re team is constantly dying really quickly, then no matter what class/build you’re on, there’s going to be very little you can do.

And you’re not running SR? Why not? SR is great. And if you know someone is going to send someone to far point to check if you’re decapping it or not, then use that knowledge/intuition. Go work on a secondary objective, try to find a floating player to kill, harass the on-point holder and force him to use cooldowns so that by the time your teammate comes, it’s easier for them to kill that player and decap…go assist on home point by harassing enemy players if it’s being contested/pushed and you have a teammate trying to defend it…there are a bunch of things you can go try before your team respawns/regroups and if one thing doesn’t go your way, disengage and try another.

The only times thieves are ‘bad’ is if you have like two or three on your team….but that’s not really a class issue, it’s because if you’re going to have a thief, you only need one…and not because they’re bad, but because your team-size is FIVE PEOPLE and you need other roles/classes/builds.

(edited by LionChain.7694)

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

Read my previous post about how to make Thief viable. What you say is all correct but the thing is, do you think a thief can harass say a Rev? Nope.

I feel like you’re confusing harass with kill or counter. Yeah, thieves can harass revs so that it takes longer for them to get to point, or to focus on fight, or to make them use up energy/cooldowns.

Can they pull of reliable burst sure but guess what, all that is mitigated when protection is thrown around like candy.

Not really a thief-specific issue though…protection affects all power-based builds…have you tried True-Shotting someone with high protection uptime? You will notice a huge difference in damage.

Another issue, most classes have crazy sustain. You say thief has good sustain? If you call running away from a fight then you are dead wrong sure, that is not sustain.

Yes it is. Just because it’s not the classic form of sustain like an invuln or shield block or a secondary heal doesn’t mean it’s not sustain. I’ve seen thieves fighting at clocktower in khylo and sustaining through teamfights by zipping all over that darn clock tower…up, down, sideways, on the ledge, in the lil tunnel below it, up on the roof, etc….they disengage, regroup and either pick a new target or they work on a diff’t objective. And unlike other classes, they can just as quickly re-engage as they can disengage.

So say your at home cap, engi comes and u need to kill him or else you lose cuz score is 470-440 in ur favor and home cap is all ya got. Your teammates are too busy or dead to try and help. What u gonna do? Run away? Thief doesn’t have to be a point holder but it SHOULD be the best 1v1 class.

Why should it be best at 1v1? You can’t just settle for being pretty great or pretty awesome at 1v1’s? Yeah, you’re not going to win all your fights, but you’re still going to do pretty well in a lot of them…just like anyone. Also, this is a highly hypothetical situation and you’re describing a situation that is more of a team skill issue than a thief issue. If it’s your one point and your team needs it to win, what is the rest of your alive team busy doing? o.0 Either they’re fighting on a point against a bunker and are not even close to killing the bunker/decapping (in which case that’s a team skill/intelligence issue, not a thief issue), or your team is about to get a kill and cap a diff’t point, in which case, your job is to slow down decap as much as possible (not prevent it) and disengage if possible by the time a diff’t point is capped, or maybe by that time one of your teammates will have respawned and come to help you, and you can disengage then. I mean, if we’re going to be talking hypotheticals here…

Stealth is useless when reveal is everywhere.

Where is this reveal you speak of? You mean when you try to sustain on a point? Which we’ve already covered is not a thief job? Or is there some magical reveal fairy that’s constantly bugging you with its reveal magic whenever you try to stealth anywhere?

And escapist absolution is so unreliable. Say you have 6 condis on you and your at low health already so u Shadowstep away. Well guess what u dead cuz nothing to dodge.

If you have 6 condis on you, you did a horrible job at dodging/stealthing up. Also, if you’re low health and you have 6 condis on you (I’m assuming you mean damaging condis, and I’m assuming in this hypothetical that you’re out of condi clears), and you’re out of condi clears, you’re screwed no matter what class you’re on.

And u say thief job is to focus decamping far? Well what good is that when team keeps losing mid fight and as soon as you decap you leave they cap rinse and repeat and you lose cuz u can’t 1v1 anything to Atleast try and get that cap.

Again, sounds like you’re describing a hypothetical situation in which team skill is more the issue than the thief class. And thief can’t 1v1 anything? I have a friend who mains thief and he 1v1s and ganks plenty of people. I mean, it’s just plain silly and ludicrous the way you make it sound like no thief can ever kill anything else EVER.

You say thief job to roam well what u roaming for when all ur teammates dead and nothing to +1. High level play, everyone knows as soon as one team is getting crushed at mid, they send 1 back home to watch for decaps. And no one runs SR anymore anyway. So yeah thief sucks.

Again, you’re describing a situation in which this hypothetical team you’re on is having issues, not the thief as a class. If you’re team is constantly dying really quickly, then no matter what class/build you’re on, there’s going to be very little you can do.

And you’re not running SR? Why not? SR is great. And if you know someone is going to send someone to far point to check if you’re decapping it or not, then use that knowledge/intuition. Go work on a secondary objective, try to find a floating player to kill, harass the on-point holder and force him to use cooldowns so that by the time your teammate comes, it’s easier for them to kill that player and decap…go assist on home point by harassing enemy players if it’s being contested/pushed and you have a teammate trying to defend it…there are a bunch of things you can go try before your team respawns/regroups and if one thing doesn’t go your way, disengage and try another.

The only times thieves are ‘bad’ is if you have like two or three on your team….but that’s not really a class issue, it’s because if you’re going to have a thief, you only need one…and not because they’re bad, but because your team-size is FIVE PEOPLE and you need other roles/classes/builds.

Ok these points I don’t not agree with. I mained thief since day 1 and got to legendary in season 1 so I know what I’m talking about. My guess is you’ve never played thief in your life before and everything u said all but confirms that. The point of the match is to win. If all your doing is harassing ur not winning. The reason you get all those condis is because why you try to Hank a low hp in a middle of a fight, ur gonna get spammed with condis not even meant for you. Rev and engi, two classes you will always see, have reveal but mostly engi. Again, I know u don’t play thief because u said thief is decent 1v1? Yeah not even gonna argue with u on that one. Running away is not sustain because u basically let them win and control the game. Why? Because u ran away, should be self explanatory. And I’m just gonna stop there. What ur listing only works in low level play. and this debate is pointless because it has already been established that thief is garbage tier.

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

On metabattle, under the area that says “counters” for scrapper, it’s reads “TBD.” This is the only build I’ve seen with that.

in PvP

LionChain.7694

Ok these points I don’t not agree with. I mained thief since day 1 and got to legendary in season 1 so I know what I’m talking about. My guess is you’ve never played thief in your life before and everything u said all but confirms that.

So wait…you’re saying you agree with me but you’re insinuating that I don’t know what I’m talking about? lol okay buddy

The point of the match is to win. If all your doing is harassing ur not winning. The reason you get all those condis is because why you try to Hank a low hp in a middle of a fight, ur gonna get spammed with condis not even meant for you.

Yeah, if literally ALL you’re doing is harassing….and not backcapping, and not ganking low-hp targets, and not working secondary objectives, and not doing any of the other things I mentioned is thief job.

Rev and engi, two classes you will always see, have reveal but mostly engi.

Okay, lemme stop you there. First of all, rev reveal is a joke. The rev would LITERALLY have to be on top of you for their reveal to reveal you….that’s how ridiculously small the radius on their reveal is. Engi detection pulse is on a 20-sec cd with 6-sec of reveal with 600 radius, so stay 600 radius away, then stealth up, wait if you feel like he’s going to reveal, otherwise, attack…and if he does reveal, then pull out, wait for reveal to be gone if you’re being pressured, but if you’re not being pressured and your team has advantage in fight, then keep up the attack pressure.

Again, I know u don’t play thief because u said thief is decent 1v1? Yeah not even gonna argue with u on that one. Running away is not sustain because u basically let them win and control the game. Why? Because u ran away, should be self explanatory. And I’m just gonna stop there. What ur listing only works in low level play. and this debate is pointless because it has already been established that thief is garbage tier.

You keep saying how bad thief is, but you said it yourself…you played thief to legendary in season 1…so, I’m having trouble reconciling your two statements…that you said thief is low-level/garbage tier, and that you played it to legendary tier? So which is it? Legendary tier or garbage tier?

And I’m going to stop arguing with you, too. So far, you’ve presented nothing but terrible hypotheticals to back up your claim that thief is ‘bad.’ And you keep making these super over-generalized, false statements that thief can’t do anything or kill anything EVER, which is just ridiculously untrue. And you keep saying thief is garbage tier, yet you claim you played it to legendary tier.

It’s pretty clear to me that all you’re really doing is trying to over-exaggerate and dramatize how ‘bad’ thief is because like others before you, you hope that some unsuspecting Anet dev who knows nothing about thief will read your posts and think that thieves are actually ‘totally bad’ and need to become super tanky, but at the same time, you don’t want to give up any of your mobility or stealth or damage, right?

You know what? Let’s do it. Just give thieves a full minute of invulnerability, 10k dmg auto attack (without crit) and give them 20k health and base 2900 armor. And why stop at 3 dodges? Let’s give ‘em six! Heck! Let’s totally break this game once and for all!

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I’ve played Thief for years and it’s really in its worst state right now due to the sheer amount of condi/AoE spam.

They have no ON POINT sustain. If you have to run away, they out-sustained your damage and whittled you down enough that you’ll run or die. Now that you’re off point, they can cap it and proceed to win the game.having even one thief on your team right now is a huge liability. You’re pretty going to be in a 4v5. Sustaining and running for your life are two different things entirely. Seeing you say, “thief has condi clear in stealth” tells me you don’t play thief because no high tier player with a brain runs Shadow Arts in ranked PvP. That’s a WvW trait line at best.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Druids.

That’s basically a never ending fight I usually main a thief but since DH is so god kitten effective versus thief (E.g. a DH with half a brain can 1-shot a thief, 10-11k crits is the norm yo) I roll revenant and scrapper

Anyhow point being, when I start contesting a point against a druid, I can keep the fight up for the duration of the game. There’s nothing the druid can do that would kill a scrapper. Even if kitten goes sideways, you trigger elixir s which instantly removes cooldown on your healing turret. We all know what kind of healing this does. Especially with a 3 leap hammer. With lots of evade frames. Never ending fight.

Not only that, if you have the point for your team and the druid insists on attacking you alone, you basically remove huge sustain boon from his team while sacrificing a little bit tankyness for your own team.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Daunt.8239

Kolompi… not through mechanics however a skilled player can land more hits more consecutively in faster repetition with more keen set ups and rotations giving more damage. It was mentioned because balance is not based around lower tiers. It’s based around the highest tier. It was mentioned because I was speaking on facts and where balance is dictated.

LionChain… You are not a thief, and you do not play in the higher rankings. I don’t care about what you heard or what you saw. We’re trying to talk about what is. I’m not here to teach you. I’m simply pointing somethings out to developers because they seem incompetent.

Shovel Face… Your first post to me. Shadowstep can be countered by the person down on the ground simply timing just as good as you… that’s not a safe stomp it’s just something that forces people on your skill level for a short moment. Of course that’s ignoring terrain issues, group fights, 50sCD, and you’re losing a stunbreak and condition clear when you weren’t CC’d or needing condition clear. Pistol#5 is a tiny little blind AOE that got nerfed, it only applies blind 3 times and everyone around you can easily do $#%! to you specially considering it’s smaller then melee range, it’s nothing more then a LearnToPlay issue if pistol#5 is ever anything more then a combo ring and a single blind, it’s not even a “safe stomp” it’s like a “help a little”… Stealth stomp isn’t a thing either! You can’t run shadow arts so it ends before you even finish the stomp, people got reveals, it’s obvious where you are or will be shortly before the stomp even if you chained shadow step with it. Impact Strike you’re vulnerable to the enemy team interrupting/bursting/CC you the entire time!!! who cares if it’s 2.75 cast time instead of 3s and stops the downed person from slowing down the kill, it’s not a safe stomp, it’s no big deal that the downed person can’t slow their death if they were dead anyway… the whole point of safe stomps is the fact that enemies have teammates, and those teammates can stop you from finalizing at all How does this compare to real safe stomps of other professions Stabilities, immunity to damage, immunity to conditions, the raw DPS other professions able to just power house down the enemy even while he’s being revived.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Everything except the safe stomp. Only thing I miss. Shadowstep stomp, pistol 5 stomp, stealth stomp, and impact strike stomp are some of the best stomps in the game period. But like you mentioned above, this class is bad and that’s an understatement.

yeah thief can stomp really easy. they have more save stomps than anyone.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

LionChain.7694

Daunt…I don’t need you to teach me about thief, because it seems to me like through your elitist remarks, you really must not be that good on thief to be crying this hard. That or you’re seriously just trolling for more unnecessary buffs. If your complaint was about the functionality of a skill/trait or a bug or something, fine. But your whole gripe about thief is basically that you want it to be a scrapper/DH. You want more blocks, you want higher health, you want more condi clears, you want MORE DAMAGE…I mean, you basically want all the weaknesses of the thief to be gone but you say nothing about what you’d be willing to give up in return, so I’m assuming you want all the strengths of the thief as well, so you want to have some super Hulked out thief-scrapper hybrid or something. Oh, wait, you also want to be like mesmers and eles so you can boon share and group condi clear…omg…you sure you also don’t want 1500 range attacks like ranger and pets too? And maybe thieves should get some kind of thief shroud as well. lmao…im done with this thread…wut a joke XD

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

Daunt…I don’t need you to teach me about thief, because it seems to me like through your elitist remarks, you really must not be that good on thief to be crying this hard. That or you’re seriously just trolling for more unnecessary buffs. If your complaint was about the functionality of a skill/trait or a bug or something, fine. But your whole gripe about thief is basically that you want it to be a scrapper/DH. You want more blocks, you want higher health, you want more condi clears, you want MORE DAMAGE…I mean, you basically want all the weaknesses of the thief to be gone but you say nothing about what you’d be willing to give up in return, so I’m assuming you want all the strengths of the thief as well, so you want to have some super Hulked out thief-scrapper hybrid or something. Oh, wait, you also want to be like mesmers and eles so you can boon share and group condi clear…omg…you sure you also don’t want 1500 range attacks like ranger and pets too? And maybe thieves should get some kind of thief shroud as well. lmao…im done with this thread…wut a joke XD

If thief is so high and mighty, why don’t ESL players play thief? Why do you barely see any Thieves in ranked. (If u say u do see a lot of Theives then you are delusional, plain and simple) Again, it has already be established that Thief is garbage in anything except unranked. Maybe that’s why you think thief is good because all you play is unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

If thief is so high and mighty, why don’t ESL players play thief? Why do you barely see any Thieves in ranked. (If u say u do see a lot of Theives then you are delusional, plain and simple) Again, it has already be established that Thief is garbage in anything except unranked. Maybe that’s why you think thief is good because all you play is unranked.

Perfect example you could give is

Toker (Abj) – Went power shiro revenant
Sindrener (oRNG) – Went power shiro revenant

^ these two are/were one of the finest thieves to ever play this game, hands down, among others, who no longer play the game, like Sizer. I learned most of my plays from watching these guys play and some of Phantaram’s explanatory videos he did few months ago. Or is it an year by now?

To be honest thief is “good”. And that’s the problem. You have a great revenant and just good thief. Idk why ANet even bothered to increase auto attack damage. It’s kind of annoying. Of all skills that require at least some brain, they improved AA so now every brainded autoattacker can make decent damage … for the 5 seconds they are alive.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Daunt.8239

Ravenmoon… Don’t quote me but another possible addition to the list is Sizer who seems to have quit… he just plays poker now.

LionChain… I said what I said because you don’t belong here and I was pointing it out. The entire basis of every statement you make is based upon what you heard and what you saw. I’d also like to point out that there is so much wrong with your reply to me that we could make paragraphs in response on every single sentence you made. Which WOULD be hilarious… however not worth the time, because as I said, you don’t even belong here.

(edited by Daunt.8239)