Devs dueling in the mists on ready up show

in PvP

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

I like the idea of an invitation to duel that you can send to someone, then they can accept or decline (or completely turn the feature off).

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Questionable.4631

Questionable.4631

I would love the ability to duel my friends 1 on 1.
Particularly if we can use our normal armor.
The way we do it now is to just flood an Empty PvP map.

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

I guess we could even get an option to automatically deny a request for a duel, like we have for whispers and trades iirc. With that in i see no reason at all not to give dueling to players.

in PvP

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Don’t get me wrong…I thought the new pvp show “ready up” by anet was absolutely great and I look forward to seeing it more. One thing that upset me though, is how easy it was for the devs to duel each other in the heart of the mists. Power and Karl dueled in the heart of the mists by the golems to demonstrate new healing skills. In order to duel, all karl had to do was enter ONE LINE OF CODE!!!!!

This is unacceptable because we have been begging for dueling since the game launched and even beta. Every other major mmo has dueling everywhere in the pve world, except maybe cities but they allow dueling right out front which gives people a lot to do in their spare time. The fact that they can just enter one line of code and duel each other sickens me….it is pure laziness that dueling has not been added to this mmo yet. Dueling should be done by the skills and balance/pve team so the pvp team wouldn’t have to worry about it. It would give people a lot to do while waiting for queues/screwing around etc.

Please implement dueling….I am very sad after seeing the devs do it so easily when we wait over a year and still no talk of dueling…

If you’re right and it would be easy to code, but they still haven’t done it that indicates that they don’t want it in the game. I’m glad, I don’t want it in the game either, at least not in open world PvE. Were they to add a pit to the OS to give some type of player policed dueling fine, but standing in front of a dungeon in the open world… I would hate that.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace