Devs happiest w/ necro when they can't 1v1

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Seems like devs are really happy with the state of necromancers right now.

“They have lots of counterplay” (paraphrasing). Not, they’re strong in [blank] or they have been doing well in [blank]. They are pretty much saying they are happy that necromancers are getting their kitten beat frequently lol. It’s actually the only “positive” thing they said about necros and is apparently enough to keep them as is.

I just don’t think devs want necro’s to be a viable 1v1 class. They really push the spreading conditions and aoe theme as much as possible. Maybe this is why there is no official 1v1 mode. Some classes are just not designed for it.

Look at it like this:

Every class hase some inherent downsides which are made-up by strong mechanics.

Thieves have low health and very little access to stability but have but loads of stealth, evades (evades while attacking) dodges, shadowsteps, blinds, etc. This makes them a bit more balanced. Evades and dodges and shadowsteps and blinds all completely take care of their lack of health and stability.

Guardians don’t even have that huge of a health and don’t really have that much mobility. This is covered by their access to lots of stability, lots of heals, blocks, blinds, flash blinks, invulns and low-recharge condition clears. Its balanced.

I can continue with all the other classes and will do if somebody requests but lets cut right to necromancers.

Necromancers have zero access to invulns, blocks, stealth, evades, blinks (save ds 3 and i dont even want to talk about it), shadowsteps, or other fancy stuff like that. They also have very little access to high base-value healing effects. This is supposed to be okay because of….. shroud bar? Lets continue:
Necromancers have long cast times, low mobility, but we have plenty of stab.. wait. Nope we also have really bad access to stability… and no blocks or any of that other stuff. Woldn’t it make sense if we had faster cast times? Something to make up for the lack of all this stuff?

Apparently the ONLY thing that is supposed to make up for this is LIFEFORCE. You know, that thing that is only given to us on a handful of abilities. That thing that can be completely wiped out with half measure of focus fire by the enemy team. That thing that requires you to spec in FULLY; forcing your hand into making the most bland and cookie cutter build so you can at least survive long enough to do the ONE thing you’re meant to do; corrupt boons. Thats it. Then you die.

Even after building entirely around LF generation you’re still getting tossed around like a little ragdoll and will LOSE. EVERY. SINGLE. 1v1.

Which makes the devs happy with the state they’re in lol.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in PvP

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Ill take you up on that offer of duel. Just for the fun as i dont think necro beats a good engi.

in PvP

Posted by: Iain Ross.6903

Iain Ross.6903

Can you stop making 210391203912039120391203901 threads qq’ing about nec? It’s strong atm and meta so shush.

in PvP

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

If its that strong why is it the class most discussed and players complain the most?

in PvP

Posted by: Iain Ross.6903

Iain Ross.6903

If its that strong why is it the class most discussed and players complain the most?

Coz people are bad. People always QQ and say that classes that arent even top or meta and say they’re op, like warrior dh, and then QQ that the strong meta classes like rev and necro are weak, it’s hilarious.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

“Necromancers have a second health bar”
That’s the thing that totallykitten** us.

During the Bunker meta, we was really strong, even OP. Then everyone discovered that a single moa (even the engi moa) make us totally useless and unable to re enter the shroud for 10 seconds after the moa end, granting them 13-16 seconds to kill us really easy. Also we had the same survaviblity we actually have (only Rise! got nerfed, but it’s still viable in big fights, still if it’s not a good defensive skill, only our best…).
the thing that gave us the strength to kill others was our damage: Chill damage was strong enough to grant us a chance to win a lot of 1vs1 againsta different classes/builds.
The damage we was able to inflict at this time was similar to the actual dps meta.

But now we’ll not be able to use celestial or mercenary amulets, making our defences even worst than before and the global damage is so high that our old damage will be counter as the same level of a burst warrior or a mesmer (or even lower), but a focus will kill us anyway.

We’ll never obtain good defensive skills, just because we’re the Only class that don’t have a Block (for example) or any good defensive skill.
If someone think that a Block don’t fit our “theme”, i can say that don’t fit neither a thief or a mesmer theme but them both obtained a block skill with the Elite Specializzation (and the mesmers one is really strong).

Actually the only class that can lose a 1v1 against a necromancer is a elementalist, but a skilled one can kill a necromancer simply surviving longer and using his defensive skills (various total immunity/evade skills, based on the builds).

The necromancer is meta only in high tournaments and the strong thing is not the necromancer alone but the necro+engi combination: the necro corrupt boons and the engi ress the necro all the time. But a necro without an engy is the easier class in the game to kill, sometimes easier and faster than the Forest Monster mobs.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

so much stupid false information here with a bunch of people assuming kitten because of their “opninion” kittening hilarious

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

so much stupid false information here with a bunch of people assuming kitten because of their “opninion” kittening hilarious

Are you a necromancer that can kill plently enemies in 1vs1?

in PvP

Posted by: JordanJD.3209

JordanJD.3209

I know at least one beast necro who would love 1v1 opportunities to get better. Message Trini some time.

in PvP

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

During a Pvp match, teams will always focus the necro because there the main source of damage, personally, i aint gonna let a necro stand to the side and drop his corrupts, making it an easier fight for his team to kill the other team.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in PvP

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

Necromancer is at a fine state right now because it is really strong in conquest when played with an organized team. In order to run necromancer you basically need to have a good elementalist or another support class with you. Any necromancer that isn’t terrible will never lose to engineer, it’s honestly a joke how easy it is to kill engineers. Just watch the World Tournament Series from this past September and you’ll see exactly how much pressure necromancer did as a whole in conquest and how it just allowed one team to stagger respawns once they got one kill.

If you’re having trouble playing necromancer in soloqueue, focus on your positioning as you won’t always be with a support class on your team. You have to learn how to kite on the terrain and such to survive, abuse spots where classes like thieves/revs can’t port to you. Another thing to do on necro in soloqueue is to not really worry about going straight into the teamfight if you do die unless your teammates are stalling 3vX, maybe +1 a teammate if they’re in a 1v1 as it’ll make the map 5v4 as long as your other teammates survived

necro

(edited by KarinaCO.6948)

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I’ll take you up on that duel offer if you like, assuming Necro starts with 50% or more shroud.

I’m usually not too worried about 1v1-ing engineers on points in pvp. I’d say I win most of those when playing Necro.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

You know what?

I think necro 1v1 potential is beautiful, glorious… just majestic… and I play ele quite a lot…

Do you know what devs think about ele 1v1 potential?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

Ill take you up on that offer of duel. Just for the fun as i dont think necro beats a good engi.

This makes me laugh.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Condi necro don’t beat good engi. You need very high condi damage increase to have chance kill it. I think about 2000 should be enough to make them play more defensive instead of full offensive. The problem with good engi 1v1’s they can go on full offensive as they don’t take enough damage from condi necros. But we are talking here about stats that is impossible to get with the required build its only possible if we get 4 lines instead of 3 :p

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

good engi can maybe stalemate with sneakgyro when he resets everytime he drops on health nothing more

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

They can 1v1 druid and ele, meta classes. They are also more rewarding to keep alive than condi war, the other hunter of those two classes. So they are meta with ele + druid.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

I agree with killing ele after 2-3mins fight. But i disagree that necro 1v1 good druids.
They have every tools to counter/outlast necro. Yes we can kill bad and just ok druids.